April 28, 2024, 08:39:52 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 80513 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Leo BeenHakker Interview LIVE NOW on Power 105fm
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2005, 09:16:54 PM »
OK

FF and Bounty I feel this conversation could move to another thread eh but Bounty I like how yuh chookin wood for the fire. Lemme show alyuh this Latapy vs Nahkid from some other angles.

watch it another way again.........I ent disagreeing that Nahkid hold down the middle.

But while Nahkid coulda lift man performance and organize a middle,guess what Latapy used to do.

He used to produce a piece of Magic, score goals and win games................That is the difference between Good and Great.

Fellas watch it another way again,

If yuh had to pick one of them men and any other 10....from a footballing and common sense perspective, who would you choose?

The Makalele or the Zidane?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2005, 11:13:41 PM »

What about the angle that Latapy was a defensive liability and we would collect more goals than we would score.

It also easier to mark out Latapy than Nahkid.
That home WCQ game against Costa Rica a few years ago showed that.....every single ting going thru Ltas and Costa Rica was happy with dat...make their life easier.

As for who yuh would pick between the two.  It depends on the time frrame....right now we lacking offense(real strange eh) but a few years ago that wasn't so...we were lacking defensively....allyuh doh remember the cry of the time.."..the midfielders not tracking back to help the back line"

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »

Did anyone record the interview and post it on this site or anywhere else?  Given the large number of freely available tools that can capture the sound,  where is the mp3 of the interview.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2005, 01:19:11 AM »
Did anyone record the interview and post it on this site or anywhere else? Given the large number of freely available tools that can capture the sound, where is the mp3 of the interview.

Or someone should inform Power 105 that podcasting is en vogue, and rightly so.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32:04 AM »
sam....latapy is ah god....not an ass

Maybe for you....

But he is an ass for me....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 04:34:10 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2005, 05:54:54 AM »
SAM....latas is a GOD....not an ass....have some respect.....YOU DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2005, 06:08:21 AM »
I dont care about what you think or about your story... and I have no respect for Latapy..... He is an ASS !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2005, 07:09:25 AM »
dcs, I agree fully.  I think in this present set up we have enough good strikers, so we doh need another offensive threat at the expense of defensive liability...what we really want is a man who could deliver enough ball to stern that  if he throw way 5 he hatta at least score 1; a man to run the plays through and make use of the wingers (well at least carlos), but keep up the defensive duties like we doing now - that bill sound more like a Nakhid than a Latapy to me.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2005, 07:30:43 AM »

What about the angle that Latapy was a defensive liability and we would collect more goals than we would score.

That home WCQ game against Costa Rica a few years ago showed that.....every single ting going thru Ltas and Costa Rica was happy with dat...make their life easier.

As for who yuh would pick between the two.  It depends on the time frrame....right now we lacking offense(real strange eh) but a few years ago that wasn't so...we were lacking defensively....allyuh doh remember the cry of the time.."..the midfielders not tracking back to help the back line"

Yuh sure aboutthis statement Bro? We just give up 5 goals in 3 games! Scoring 3. Seems we lacking on both ends still. Just a thought
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2005, 07:32:00 AM »
OK

FF and Bounty I feel this conversation could move to another thread eh but Bounty I like how yuh chookin wood for the fire. Lemme show alyuh this Latapy vs Nahkid from some other angles.

watch it another way again.........I ent disagreeing that Nahkid hold down the middle.

But while Nahkid coulda lift man performance and organize a middle,guess what Latapy used to do.

He used to produce a piece of Magic, score goals and win games................That is the difference between Good and Great.

Fellas watch it another way again,

If yuh had to pick one of them men and any other 10....from a footballing and common sense perspective, who would you choose?

The Makalele or the Zidane?

If I building ah team from scratch... my first pick is the Makelele type... remember that was de whole crux of the last poll. The whole argument was that the Nakhid type is the rock the team build around... while the Latapy type is the garnish/flair/flash of the team. Ah man once tell me... any old goat could kick ah ball in a goal... but not everyone could stop ah goal from scoring... A Latapy type would be great... but is not absolutely necessary...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2005, 07:51:32 AM »
Why can't we have both the nakkid and the latapy type players?  I though that's why teams are made up of an Attacking and a Defensive midfielder in the team.  We can start off with Spann being that attacking player while Birchall being the Defensive player...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2005, 07:55:59 AM »
Why can't we have both the nakkid and the latapy type players?  I though that's why teams are made up of an Attacking and a Defensive midfielder in the team.  We can start off with Spann being that attacking player while Birchall being the Defensive player...

Well ideally... this should go without saying

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2005, 08:44:25 AM »

why are we looking for nakhid and latapy *type* players when we already have the damn ting self?  Call both a dem back!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2005, 08:51:13 AM »
Ah man once tell me... any old goat could kick ah ball in a goal... but not everyone could stop ah goal from scoring

I ent so sure about this FF.  Stern is the biggest old goat of all and can't seem to kick a ball in a goal to save he life and even "I can't believe it's not" Jack does stop ah goal from scoring once in a long while
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:58:46 AM by arrow »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2005, 08:56:35 AM »
Ah man once tell me... any old goat could kick ah ball in a goal... but not everyone could stop ah goal from scoring

I ent so sure about this FF.  Stern is the biggest old goat of all and can't seem to kick a ball in a goal to save he life and even kerrygold Jack does stop ah goal from scoring once in a long while

Oh gawd arrow LOL yuh killing meh.. I eh sure ah get the kerrygold jack though.... yuh sure yuh eh mean "Marigold Jack"?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2005, 08:57:01 AM »

Allyuh kicksy yes.

Nakhid never had to get mark.  He was no THREAT to anybody.

Latapy on the other hand......

Steupes...allyuh does talk some dotishness yes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2005, 09:00:58 AM »
If I building ah team from scratch... my first pick is the Makelele type... remember that was de whole crux of the last poll. The whole argument was that the Nakhid type is the rock the team build around... while the Latapy type is the garnish/flair/flash of the team. Ah man once tell me... any old goat could kick ah ball in a goal... but not everyone could stop ah goal from scoring... A Latapy type would be great... but is not absolutely necessary...

Again dotishness.  If yuh did lissen to Beenie interview he was lamentin lack of a  "classic #10".  De trype of playmaker that this team sorely lacks.  He tell Colin Murray "Show me where he is.  Where is this playmaker?  I will personally go to see him because we need this in the team.  If not, we make do with what we have".

You buildin a team and you startin wit Makelele?   Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Yuh tink de "classic #10 type" does come around all de time? 

Man not even you believe dah talk.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2005, 09:03:28 AM »
Anybody know what is the stats for both Nakhid and Latapy in National colours? Games played... Goals scored... Goals set up?

Tallman quick... to the Tallmobile!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2005, 09:08:44 AM »
Anybody know what is the stats for both Nakhid and Latapy in National colours? Games played... Goals scored... Goals set up?

Tallman....doh fuhget to tell we how many penalties Latapy miss in a Gold Cup semi.

Thanks.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »
He tell Colin Murray "Show me where he is.  Where is this playmaker?  I will personally go to see him because we need this in the team.  If not, we make do with what we have"

Tallman as yuh searching see if yuh could pull up Latapy, Dwarika and Jemmott address for Beenie.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2005, 09:17:21 AM »

Again dotishness.  If yuh did lissen to Beenie interview he was lamentin lack of a  "classic #10".  De trype of playmaker that this team sorely lacks.  He tell Colin Murray "Show me where he is.  Where is this playmaker?  I will personally go to see him because we need this in the team.  If not, we make do with what we have".

You buildin a team and you startin wit Makelele?   Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Yuh tink de "classic #10 type" does come around all de time? 

Man not even you believe dah talk.

Palos ah swear to God... I picking tha kinda player first.... now if is really Claude Makelele vs Zinedine Zidane well to be honest... hands down ah picking ZZ cus tha star power go be shining too bright... but yuh need somebody to perform tha holding role still... cuz look since Makelele gone, Real cyah win ah trophy...I know their problems run deeper than that... but still...
Latapy in his prime will give you several moments of brilliance... but I think Nakhid in his prime would be better for the TEAM... if I had to choose one... because his game is more allround..

Tallman....doh fuhget to tell we how many penalties Latapy miss in a Gold Cup semi.

Thanks.

Palos yuh fighting dirty here >:(    ;D... ah must admit, I was putting Latapy to kick tha penalty

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2005, 09:24:32 AM »
FF out of curiosity....around what yrs and give me a game example that Nahkid and Latapy woulda be in they Prime?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Partial stats fuh Nakhid and Latas
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2005, 09:29:33 AM »

First to be begin, the following stats are incomplete because we all know that they have more caps and goals than I show. The figures represent the actual matches that I can verify (i.e. date, opposition, result etc.). As time goes along, I'm sure I will be able to acquire the full data.

Russell Latapy
Caps: 57
Goals: 27

David Nakhid
Caps: 35
Goals: 8
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »
FF out of curiosity....around what yrs and give me a game example that Nahkid and Latapy woulda be in they Prime?

Easy... Nakhid... from '96 to '99 virtually carry the National team on he back when Yorke and Latapy walk out on we the first time... Gold Cup 98... 3-1 vs Honduras, 2-4 to Mexico in Mexico... / ... 2-0 vs Jamaica 99
Latapy and Yorke came back and he was arguably the best player on the field.. scored the opening goal, combined well with Latapy

Latapy, harder to say... he give we brilliance between 89 and 2000... I would say the years at Porto... when he would fly back right through .. win against Norway 3-2 comes to mind (at his glorious best)... also 96 Gold Cup... losing efforts though... 2-3 to both USA and El Salvador

Wham... Touches.. yuh feel I never watch no football or wha?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:40:42 AM by FF »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Partial stats fuh Nakhid and Latas
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:58 AM »

First to be begin, the following stats are incomplete because we all know that they have more caps and goals than I show. The figures represent the actual matches that I can verify (i.e. date, opposition, result etc.). As time goes along, I'm sure I will be able to acquire the full data.

Russell Latapy
Caps: 57
Goals: 27

David Nakhid
Caps: 35
Goals: 8

Blessed be Tallman... he never fails...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2005, 09:49:44 AM »
"Carry we on he back" ????? From my memory Nixon and S John had a lot to do with the team's performance in that tournament.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2005, 09:50:17 AM »
If I building ah team from scratch... my first pick is the Makelele type... remember that was de whole crux of the last poll. The whole argument was that the Nakhid type is the rock the team build around... while the Latapy type is the garnish/flair/flash of the team.

Nakhid?  Makelele type?  Another blasted MYTH.  Dat is a grave insult to Claude Makelele.  Allyuh say how Latapy is a defensive liability (true) tryin to make it out like if Nakhid was dis defensive stopper.

I dare you to come up with an instance of where Nakhid tackle somebody other dan wit he mout.  Nakhid was no tackler....he was an organizer and a very good one at that.  The only comparison to Makelele you could possibly make is that the majority of both their passes were within 5 yards of themselves and either square or backwards.

As for de nex MYTH yuh spout that Nakhid better for the TEAM.....what a load a crock.  

Every single f**kin TEAM Nakhid was on he get kick off.  EVERY DAMN ONE!  Is not once Warner had to run to he rescue.  De same Warner Nakhid does cuss.  De only threat Nakhid pose to any team while he was on de field was he MOUT.  Off de field too.

But dis is not to diss David Nakhid.  Because he was an excellent player, not just for T&T.  One of our better players in our history.  But dis talk bout how he beter dan Latapy and better for de team is jes assness.  It come like sayin Deschamps (Nakhid) was better than Zidane (Latapy).  In cricket some people want to make Chanderpaul dis great player and tryin to show how he better for de team dan Lara.  

Jes like in dat "comparison" and allegation, is pure BULLSHIT.

T&T lucky we had both.  Sad we have neither right now because we could have done with both or at least one.  But get it straight.  Footballer for Footballer, Nakhid cyah even shine Latapy boots.  And dat is a FACT.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:52:06 AM by palos »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2005, 10:04:16 AM »
But dis talk bout how he beter dan Latapy and better for de team is jes assness.  It come like sayin Deschamps (Nakhid) was better than Zidane (Latapy).  In cricket some people want to make Chanderpaul dis great player and tryin to show how he better for de team dan Lara. 

Jes like in dat "comparison" and allegation, is pure BULLSHIT.

T&T lucky we had both.  Sad we have neither right now because we could have done with both or at least one.  But get it straight.  Footballer for Footballer, Nakhid cyah even shine Nakhid boots.  And dat is a FACT.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT... where have I ever said that Nakhid was better than Latapy??? Never Ever... my personal preference if I had to pick one for an actual team would be Nakhid first (MY OPINION)....

However and I have stated in de past on de old board... That they were two different types of players and shouldnt be compared.. Apples and Oranges!!

This is why on de poll and in these posts... I do not ask/say who is better... I ask who you picking first to build yuh team? ... the answer to this may all come down to your personality... preferred formations lineups... defensive disposition.. So doh go and get all high and mighty! I sorry if anybody reading my posts as NAKHID better than LATAPY... Not my intent... also lemme clarify the Makelele/Nakhid comments.. notice I mentioned that I believe Nakhid to be more allround... You say no... but he gets back and YES he tackles... I would like to see his yellow card stats for TNT... Also when he gets back his SAME BIG MOUTH that you talking about allowed him to communicate with the midfield and the defensive line... allowing ah better team structure... I believe (MY OPINION) that he was one of the better team captains we have ever seen and that is why ah picking he first...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2005, 10:05:45 AM »
We does see what we want to see we. I racking my brain trying to think where this anchor man ability pertains to Nakid and for the life of me, where dat come from me eh know. All I could remember is teams running riot through we midfield. Like man forget Mexico in GC 2000. Nakid had good technical qualities and was tidy in midfield when he had possession, but tackling & ball winning???

then again what do I know
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2005, 10:06:25 AM »
dcs, I agree fully.  I think in this present set up we have enough good strikers, so we doh need another offensive threat at the expense of defensive liability...what we really want is a man who could deliver enough ball to stern that  if he throw way 5 he hatta at least score 1; a man to run the plays through and make use of the wingers (well at least carlos), but keep up the defensive duties like we doing now - that bill sound more like a Nakhid than a Latapy to me.

Bounty.....If Latapy was there he would not have wasted 5-6 tru balls on Stern.

Latapy woulda step up, run the play heself, Score and then turn round and tell Stern........that is how its done! ;D

FF, I know you does watch ball breds, which is why this conversation we having intriguing me so.

I see when yuh get some pressah yuh start to crack, and you admit you would pick ZZ over makalele!

yuh see the same logic yuh use for that statement..........yuh picking ZZ because the Star power shining too bright.

You now confirm why is Latapy and any 10.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:15:06 AM by Touches »

1]; } ?>