April 28, 2024, 09:28:26 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 80518 times)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2011, 07:27:14 AM »
Found this little gem while browsing the internet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dYYwxhlus
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:28:48 AM by fitzinho »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Beenhakker appointed at Ujpest sporting director
eurosport.com

Former Real Madrid and Netherlands coach Leo Beenhakker was appointed sporting director of Hungarian first division club Ujpest on Friday.

Beenhakker, 68, has also coached the national teams of Poland, Trinidad & Tobago and Saudi Arabia on his travels, plus European clubs including Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord and Mexican sides Guadalajara and America.

"Ujpest has to get back to the place in European football which is worthy of its traditions," Beenhakker told reporters.

Ujpest, founded in 1885, have won the Hungarian championship 20 times but the last was in 1998. They finished sixth last season. (Reporting by Zoltan Fazekas; Editing by Brian Homewood; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
 RE: Ujpest ... Sven at Notts County comes to mind.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Beenhakker hails T&T on 50th
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Beenhakker_hails_T_T_on_50th-167952365.html

Beenhakker hails T&T on 50th
Story Created: Aug 30, 2012 at 1:41 AM ECT

Former Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup team head coach Leo Beenhakker has extended well wishes to this country as it approaches  its 50th year of Independence anniversary date.

Beenhakker's 2006 World Cup players are among a prestige list of athletes who will be honoured at the Hilton Trinidad tonight and the Holland-born mastermind again recognised the tremendous efforts made by the players in qualifying for Germany 2006. T&T still holds the record as the smallest ever nation to qualify for a senior FIFA World Cup Finals.

"Congratulations and say hello to all the boys for me. It remains a pleasure for me to have worked with them and to have been part of the whole occasion in 2006. Good luck to your country in the future," Beenhakker said in a note to TTFF Media.

Dwight Yorke, one of Beenhakker's biggest troopers, who captained the team in 2006, also spoke of his top moment representing T&T.

"It has to be when we defeated Bahrain. Going there, needing to get a result and achieving it was a great accomplishment not just for me personally but for us as a country," Yorke said.

"Of course I've had some very big moments while playing for Manchester United but getting to the World Cup and then getting a draw in our first game against Sweden has to be up there with the best of them.

November 19th, 1989 is also very memorable for me even though it was a sad time because we didn't make it through to Italy. I would like to see our football get back to that stage again where we are actually competing well against the rest of the region and giving ourselves a good chance of achieving success like we did before."

Another stalwart in T&T football, Russell Latapy said the victory over Bahrain stands out for him but he also had a couple other huge moments.

"The victory in Bahrain stands out for me because of what it meant to the country and football in general for us. I didn't think I would have the chance to be part of such an achievement but it happened.

And it's more than just what it meant for me personally. I think as a country with the talent that we have, it was important for us to get to a World Cup at some point," Latapy said.

"Some of the other moments that stand out for me is the winner versus Mexico (in 2000 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium) and taking the field against Paraguay in our last game at the World Cup."

Current ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop, who stood tall in two of T&T's World Cup matches against Sweden and England, placed the playing of the national anthem at the top of his list.

"That's quite easy," Hislop said. "Hearing our National Anthem played in Dortmund before the Sweden game is definitely number one. I had my doubts as to whether I'd ever witness such a thing. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I'd be on the pitch as it was being played."

And as to what Hislop's hope is for T&T's football in the next fifty years, his response was  " My hope for Trinidad and Tobago  football is to see the local game be self sufficient and producing players as it did 30  or 40 years ago."

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:29:09 AM by Flex »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker hails T&T on 50th
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »
Well said fellas. We will get back there. You can't keep a good people down for ever.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:41 AM »
They should have invited LEO to celebrate with the Boys. Now that would have been a celebration. To really talk about Love somewhere in the proceedings , The Honorable Jack Warner would have made a public apology to the players and individually hand them a brown envelope. No need to mention the obvious, I mean inside the envelope. It is celebration time so Customs would not ask the Question where the money came from?  Forgive me my name is Joseph and I am a dreamer.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2012, 06:07:20 AM »
 :rotfl: Injun, you too funny but  :beermug: for that piece.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »
Thank you Don Leo for all of your efforts. :beermug: :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Leo Beenhakker made history and didn't asked for an extra penny.
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »
Leo Beenhakker made history when he took T&T to their first ever world cup and he ain't asked for an extra cent.

Yet we have hungry players who only wants money.

They put money first and then country.

Lets see if they will form a players union now, something they have been planning 10 years now. They can't do NOTHING right !!!!! they can't even come together and do nothing, they only for themselves, the same way they describe Jack, is the same way they are.

Shaka Hislop mouth disappear now, Sancho could buy a next Japs franchise, Kelvin could finally get a new apartment, Stern John could pay off the kid that wants to buss his ass in T&T, Wolfe could campaign for PNM full time now, Atiba and Whitley could stop working PH, the list goes one.

They want millions for an own goal in the world cup. In Colombia Sancho would have been shot.

Hungry black people, like crabs in barrels.

Jack spend millions on Marvin Lee, nobody else you heard a peep from.

Thank God its Concacaf money they got, because Jack not giving them a red cent.

By the way, Tim Kee have a lot of secrets and now he have a scapegoat, Sheldon Phillips, the man have a lot of education and no common sense.

The new dictators, Corneal, Shabazz and Tim Kee. Wait, becareful what you guys wish for.

Notice, they still sticking to the old TTFF Constitution despite changing their name to TTFA.

At least Jack gave back a little.

You can't even get Tim Kee to do a proper and honest interview for you guys here.

When you guys realise that football is now a business then you will understand where Jack was coming from.

Nobody cares about country anymore.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Leo Beenhakker made history and didn't asked for an extra penny.
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2013, 07:36:39 AM »
U get a bull from JW lastnight and you happpy...fair is fair breds...when yoy understand that then you'll realize where we coming from!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Troll thread move along nothing to see here
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »
All dat money Beenhakker make and you wanted to give more? For what ? Playing 10 men behind de ball..keeping Latapy on the bench for two critical games..Beenhakker didn't deserv an extra cent.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2013, 08:54:02 AM »
He probably didnt ask for an extra penny..but i bet he was definetly paid what was promised to him.
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:15 AM »
Leo Beenhakker made history when he took T&T to their first ever world cup and he ain't asked for an extra cent.

Lets see if they will form a players union now, something they have been planning 10 years now. They can't do NOTHING right !!!!! they can't even come together and do nothing, they only for themselves, the same way they describe Jack, is the same way they are.

Shaka Hislop mouth disappear now, Sancho could buy a next Japs franchise, Kelvin could finally get a new apartment, Stern John could pay off the kid that wants to buss his ass in T&T, Wolfe could campaign for PNM full time now, Atiba and Whitley could stop working PH, the list goes one.

They want millions for an own goal in the world cup. In Colombia Sancho would have been shot.

By the way, Tim Kee have a lot of secrets and now he have a scapegoat, Sheldon Phillips, the man have a lot of education and no common sense.

The new dictators, Corneal, Shabazz and Tim Kee. Wait, becareful what you guys wish for.

Notice, they still sticking to the old TTFF Constitution despite changing their name to TTFA.

You can't even get Tim Kee to do a proper and honest interview for you guys here.

When you guys realise that football is now a business then you will understand where Jack was coming from.

Yuh really want 'Tiba and Otis to stop pulling bull?........what madness I really hearing?...lol
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »

you never get stranded on ah taxi stand. dem fellas is ah godsend when yuh looking to reach home
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
He probably didnt ask for an extra penny..but i bet he was definetly paid what was promised to him.

Ent!  :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »
 Analogy,

Mr Horner builds walkovers, these walkovers provide a safe passage for pedestrians over busy roadways where alternatively pedestrians would have to risk safety trying to cross these roadways.

Mr Horner recently built a walkover over a roadway and was promised payment by the relevant authority based on a verbal contract and Mr Horner proceeded to take legal action because he was never paid as per the agreed verbal contract.

Using Mr Horner's logic he should never pursue action to get his money because walkovers provide an essential service to people, Mr Horner should walk away with the national pride that now citizens will enjoy a safer movement over busy roadways and Mr Horner is just being greedy because the authority says that they can't come up with the funds as per the verbal agreement.

International football is still professional football where the federation functions as per any other private club. Contractual agreements, verbal, written or otherwise must be upheld. If blame has to be ascertained, blame the federation for agreeing terms or letting persons on their behalf agree on terms that the federation is now accountable for. Unless the terms were on a performance based criteria then the results on the field are irrelevant to the substantive matter of compensation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:12:22 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
This has to be the stupidest post I have seen on this forum since I have been on over the last 9 years or so. Leo Beenhakker had a contract as coach and was paid for his services. The players were not asking for more money.  They were asking for the money that was promised to them, not a penny more; and they eventually settled for less. This post is misleading, false and slanderous, while denigrating the players who did so much to put our country in a good spotlight, while Jack Warner did all he could (allegedly to bring shame and disgrace to every Trini. I wonder if his real name is Jack Warner!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
This has to be the stupidest post I have seen on this forum since I have been on over the last 9 years or so. Leo Beenhakker had a contract as coach and was paid for his services. The players were not asking for more money.  They were asking for the money that was promised to them, not a penny more; and they eventually settled for less. This post is misleading, false and slanderous, while denigrating the players who did so much to put our country in a good spotlight, while Jack Warner did all he could (allegedly to bring shame and disgrace to every Trini. I wonder if his real name is Jack Warner!

Indubitably!!!!

I not in the name-calling business eh, but dis man have to be an idiot to even begin to make dis comparison, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
Save allyuh powder fuh a viable target. Consider Horner a mirage. Dis is joke ting.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
 ???

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
Allyuh does be dignifying man comments by your responses.  :yellowcard:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:35 AM »
Is not really dignifying I feel, cause I do a good job of just shaking meh head when men post cacaholeness...but I think it might do dis fellah some good (ah know dais ah stretch) to see dat peeps really know him for the backsidehole dat he is....ah know wishful-thinking right :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »
washer woman
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2013, 09:11:40 AM »
Move this to the jokes section.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
somebody kill this thread please.........

so allyuh think any of them Bayern players will play tomorrow??? I would personally love to see Lahm play just to see how Klinsman would react to him both during and after the game.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:56 AM »
Nah, bring it back up. Let the braying donkey know that we support OUR players. They did the work on the pitch. Not JW. They also played with determination and pride. I was brought to tears after the Mexico and Bahrain matches in particular. Shaka is also a good man who doesn't need the money, he fights it because he has a sense of pride and integrity. He's a respected espn sports analyst, and is wealthy from years of playing football and his own personal affairs, you think he has any reason to fight this past personal pride? Compare his character to that of JW's.

And so when Jack Warner produces proper accounts for LOC 2006 limited (which was the company that collected all the funds for Socawarriors and which he has been asked to produce and never has) ya know... the one that has 150 million dollars or so missing from it? Then we can talk. Otherwise hush your ass, cuz no one eh really taking you and your stupidity on.

Defending a man who tells someone on hunger strike to "hurry up and die". Or retorts to a reports with "go ask ya moder". Zero class, not only has every last scandal piled up, but the man in his actual character is (for lack of a better term) nasty. More than any Trini footballers, when Trinidad is talked about on a world football scale, Warner's shadiness comes up first and it is embarrassing. So really, Horner, give it a rest na.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »
Nah, bring it back up. Let the braying donkey know that we support OUR players. They did the work on the pitch. Not JW. They also played with determination and pride. I was brought to tears after the Mexico and Bahrain matches in particular. Shaka is also a good man who doesn't need the money, he fights it because he has a sense of pride and integrity. He's a respected espn sports analyst, and is wealthy from years of playing football and his own personal affairs, you think he has any reason to fight this past personal pride? Compare his character to that of JW's.

And so when Jack Warner produces proper accounts for LOC 2006 limited (which was the company that collected all the funds for Socawarriors and which he has been asked to produce and never has) ya know... the one that has 150 million dollars or so missing from it? Then we can talk. Otherwise hush your ass, cuz no one eh really taking you and your stupidity on.

Defending a man who tells someone on hunger strike to "hurry up and die". Or retorts to a reports with "go ask ya moder". Zero class, not only has every last scandal piled up, but the man in his actual character is (for lack of a better term) nasty. More than any Trini footballers, when Trinidad is talked about on a world football scale, Warner's shadiness comes up first and it is embarrassing. So really, Horner, give it a rest na.

Ah like you!!!

Well effing said!!!!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2013, 06:35:40 AM »
the relevant question should be: "Who is Jack Horner?"

Come clean nah man and stop hiding behind a fictitious account.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »
TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

After settling a seven-year financial dispute with Trinidad and Tobago’s 2006 World Cup players, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee is attempting another stunning blast from the past.

Famous Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker, the only man to lead Trinidad and Tobago to a senior World Cup tournament, was at the Romania National Arena today in Bucharest to watch the “Soca Warriors” in action.

More pertinently, the 70-year-old Beenhakker is understood to be mulling over an offer to return to Trinidad and Tobago’s football.

Wired868 understands that Tim Kee, through general secretary Sheldon Phillips, has approached Beenhakker for help in a technical capacity rather than as head coach. However a return to run the bench, at least in the short term, has not been ruled out by either party.

At present, Beenhakker works as a football consultant but is not known to have had steady employment since he left Hungarian outfit, Ujpest FC, in 2011.

Beenhakker, who was nicknamed “Don Leo” in Spain due to his fondness for cigars and dry wit, coached his first team in 1965 and has built up an enviable CV and a wealth of knowledge since.

Apart from his success with the Warriors, Beenhakker led Poland to the European Champions for the first time in 2008 and booked Saudi Arabia’s first World Cup berth in 1994 while he also led Holland at the 1990 World Cup and coached Real Madrid, Ajax and Feyenood twice each.

Arguably, Beenhakker did his best work at the world’s most successful club as, in three successive seasons between 1986 and 1989, he steered Real Madrid to three La Liga titles, two Spanish Super Cups and one Copa Del Rey.

He would be in no illusions about the scale of his task if he does agree to rejoin the Warriors.

Collectively, Trinidad and Tobago was poor today and managed one real attempt at goal in a 4-0 loss to Romania.

At present, former “Strike Squad” stand-out Hutson “Barber” Charles and Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA coach Jamaal Shabazz are operating as joint head coaches although they do not have contracts from the TTFF and work on a game-by-game basis. Last year, Charles and Shabazz led Trinidad and Tobago to second place at the 2012 Caribbean Cup and, in the process, booked the nation’s first CONCACAF Gold Cup berth since 2007.

The present TTFF technical director, Anton Corneal, worked as an assistant coach under Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup.

Present national midfielders Densill Theobald and Chris Birchall, striker Cornell Glen and goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams all played under Beenhakker during his last spell as well as Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones, who was not selected for this tour.

The Warriors were a pragmatic bunch under the Dutchman’s watch and more renowned for solid defensive work than flair. Beenhakker famously kept the ageing Russell “Little Magician” Latapy on the bench for all but 30 minutes at the Germany World Cup while his most celebrated result of the final was a goalless draw against Sweden.

However, Beenhakker never lost a match in Trinidad where the Warriors managed wins over Bermuda (twice), Guatemala, Panama and Mexico and draws against Bahrain and Peru. There were two famous road victories too as Trinidad and Tobago beat Panama 1-0 away before decisively defeating Bahrain in a World Cup play-off in Manama.

Beenhakker’s Gold Cup record is patchier. Trinidad and Tobago drew against Honduras and Panama at the 2005 Gold Cup before a 2-0 loss to Colombia eliminated the Warriors at the group stage.

There is a possibility that Beenhakker might be back to set that right in the immediate future. At 71, he is still a year younger than Sir Alex Ferguson was when he won his last England Premier League title with Manchester United. Ferguson will continue to work at United as a club director.

Tim Kee certainly hopes “Don Leo” has received an offer he cannot refuse and that the veteran coach would once more share his knowledge with the TTFF.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:11:34 PM by Bakes »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>