March 29, 2024, 03:40:39 AM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 78641 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
leo is 70 people time to move forward .......
My only concern is if he have the health/energy/motivation to be effective.

Maybe his managerial prowess is dimished at age 70, but Beenie would be a powerful resource for consulting with the setup of programs and academies and helping to overhaul the league and organizational structure of football. At his worst he probably better than anything we have in place now.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2013, 07:10:27 AM »
He doesn't have to be the coach but I would like him to be there. All you guys are saying the right players aren't being selected. I think its because we have local coaches and these guys know the fellas to well (and not always in a good way). I want a team selected with an unbiased eye, a team that makes sense. And what's all this talk that Leo was successful on the back of Latapy. Don't disrespect the man like that. Yes some players were key... but there are always key players on any team. John was a key player then. This is like saying Germany only played well because they had Ballak and Klose were there. The coach uses what available and wants to pick the best team. You can't expect him to not want to use the best players available. that's a short sighted logic.

What I think Leo will be good at is picking a team and getting them to work well and make sense.

Yes he is old, no one saying he has to be the coach but his presence will be enough to get public interested in football again, and hopefully come out and support the team, motivate the players and so forth.

Also we should get new coaches, people who may not be super expensive but could learn from Leo and match his style. Then they will eventually earn the respect of the players and the public. respect is earned. No one will be respected like Leo... unless the get Alex Fergie or something...lol

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »
Football is football ...but what good would this do?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »
Don Leo thank you. Oh shit, Let us live in 2013 nah man. Don Leo pull off a miracle on the back of Latapy coming on versus Guatemala & John beating a Mexico that already
qualified & did not bring all their starters (yes I said it). Then Dennis Lawrence take us to the big stage.

Do we have Latapy, Yorke, Lawrence, John, Shaka, NO! NO1 Oh flick man, let us build for the future nah man.
Welcome Don Leo home as an adviser for the football organization and structure in the the country, especially the youth, &  pro league. get government and or private corp on board and watch the ride 2022.
All who really feel Don Leo making any drastic difference to this present crop of players, might as well believe in Harry Potter. If all of allyuh was to pick a CONCACAF
team right now how much players from T&T making that 11 -16-22???

I believe he would indeed make a drastic difference... in defensive organization and shape alone.

but I don't think he is the answer.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2013, 07:41:52 AM »
One set ah dotishness...self reliance.. we don't understand what dat means. Colonialism finish..leave these European people alone..we have more appropriate advisers in Gally Cummings, Bertille St Claire, Jan Steadman, Dick Furlonge, Stuart Charles.
Stop it!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2013, 07:44:18 AM »
One set ah dotishness...self reliance.. we don't understand what dat means. Colonialism finish..leave these European people alone..we have more appropriate advisers in Gally Cummings, Bertille St Claire, Jan Steadman, Dick Furlonge, Stuart Charles.
Stop it!

Shut it. Enough with them fellas

Let them be understudy.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »
I refuse 2 get excited.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2013, 08:04:54 AM »
Stop it!

I think part of being a mature person and nation is knowing when you've been beat. This has NOTHING to do with dependency. It is about demanding the best and expecting nothing but greatness. You are the one with the wrong attitude. We are just supposed to accept sub-bar coaching because they are born here. How is that making any sense. How is that pushing us forward as a nation. Look at the level of European football, look at our level. What is wrong with using their expertise. I'm sure a Dutch cricket team won't turn up their noses at the coach from the West Indies... because that is what we know, that is what we are good at. Why should we say no to European football coach when football is what they know, and the are far more effective than us.

Honestly that statement is the most absurd thing I have read in a while.

Does USA suffer from the same dependency syndrome because they have a German coach.

This is not an opportunity for a lesson about colonialism. This is about football and nothing more. If you think we deserve sub-par coaches then sure we should hire guys that have been habitual failures and play favorites all the time.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
Stop it!

I think part of being a mature person and nation is knowing when you've been beat. This has NOTHING to do with dependency. It is about demanding the best and expecting nothing but greatness. You are the one with the wrong attitude. We are just supposed to accept sub-bar coaching because they are born here. How is that making any sense. How is that pushing us forward as a nation. Look at the level of European football, look at our level. What is wrong with using their expertise. I'm sure a Dutch cricket team won't turn up their noses at the coach from the West Indies... because that is what we know, that is what we are good at. Why should we say no to European football coach when football is what they know, and the are far more effective than us.

Honestly that statement is the most absurd thing I have read in a while.

Does USA suffer from the same dependency syndrome because they have a German coach.

This is not an opportunity for a lesson about colonialism. This is about football and nothing more. If you think we deserve sub-par coaches then sure we should hire guys that have been habitual failures and play favorites all the time.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »
If he coming back, I hope he brings a young coaching staff with him. Maybe Koeman or Rijkard.

Deeks Koeman & Rjkaard past the assistant stage. In their own right they are head coaches
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
Stop it!

Coache, hush yuh mouth!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
Ppl worshiping false idols, and want to throw what little gold behind dem too...Build a statue a golden statue, maybe he will come..
Chupidness..
Fact: Lightning rarely strike the same place twice, unless yuh have some indusive source, like ah metal rod..Somebody have ah metal rod ? Hold it up let meh see nah ? oh shim, NEXT   :D

Stop trying to buy allyuh way through stuff...We have to work it out, use our heads and hands to pull together. TOGETHER...we cyah even pull together on this board, and as fans, we expect to see that on the field..cause what yuh see on the field is what is representing we, regardless of what position You take..
Anybody who coach now, will get they arse cut...we not gonna suddenly start winning..so Yuh bring in big Money now, no gaurantees, he could doh what the hell he want, and NOT LOOK bad..We have all kinda football experts, all kinda qualified ppl, all kinda knowledgable fans...but we have no unity, cause everybody worshipping/respecting somebody else..Start by respecting self and EVERYBODY else..

Tim Kee borrowing money, football depending on funding. Nah, ah surprised man in bawl " We should be in talks with Fergie. Dwight could hook him up man "...if anybody say good idea, ah go get real vex, eh..so much to say, but don't know how

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:51 AM »
De Don woulda get licks yesterday too. Allyuh feel we had big league players yesterday of de calibre of  Dwight, Shaka and Latas. What was a reasonable expectation given our recent history vs Guyana, Grenada, Bermuda and Antigua? St Kitts does give we fits now. Re: Dwight Yorke coaching. Decent enough idea but he still have ties to a few players on de team. De Coach / Fren thing doh always pan out. De fellas go tune him out real quick.. Back to the Don, can he handle this re-building project? The cupboard is certainly not full like before and it's not a fine tuning role. We also have a leadership void on the team.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
Again no one saying he has to coach. Just there as an adviser. We can't afford Fergie. We, as nation will have to take a loan to afford Fergie. However if we can have him as an adviser to scout talent and hook these players up with good teams then sure. Lets look at coaches we can afford please.

Btw no one is worshiping anyone. Yes, we have affection for the man but it is warranted. He was a good coach and he saw things in players we didn't see.

I am not saying we are going to start winning. My whole thing is getting a best team together and having these guys motivated and working well together...  the winning will eventually come. We need to sort out the team first.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Clutches rosary, looks on at Lakshmi, and prays to Allah that this rumor is true.

lol! yuh fuget to rub buddha belly
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Beenhakker Petition

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenkakker Petition , Bring Home the "SPECIAL DON"
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/leo-beenhakker-for-tt-head-coach.html

SIGN AND SHARE if you would like to see Leo Return to the senior team as Head Coach in time for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup next month

Many Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:08:36 AM by Beenhakker Petition »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenkakker Petition , Bring Home the "SPECIAL DON"
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »
so with all the ole talk with men having multiple accounts....... who is 'Beenhakker Petition' ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
Who knows i lost track of people constantly changing name and accounts
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
Before Gally Cummings we had Dutch coach..de National Team looked like crap ..in came Gally Cummings the National team played the best football to date. After Cummings we had our ups and downs then we gone back to the Dutch..the football looked like crap..the football still crappy because we trying to use Dutch philosophy and don't know what we doing.
This is ruining our football. Look at the U17 team, Beenhakker team 06, and look at the way we played yesterday. That style of football is inhibitory to our players.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Before Gally Cummings we had Dutch coach..de National Team looked like crap ..in came Gally Cummings the National team played the best football to date. After Cummings we had our ups and downs then we gone back to the Dutch..the football looked like crap..the football still crappy because we trying to use Dutch philosophy and don't know what we doing.
This is ruining our football. Look at the U17 team, Beenhakker team 06, and look at the way we played yesterday. That style of football is inhibitory to our players.

You blaming our crappy football on Dutch style? How about crappy players bad selection and poor coaching.

Let's not forget we have no proper league in the country also.
Youtube Channel

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
Coache  at times you sound more  like an antagonist more that anything else !! jeezanages  coache  take it easy :)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2013, 10:08:09 AM »
desperation ... omg ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
so with all the ole talk with men having multiple accounts....... who is 'Beenhakker Petition' ?

How all yuh sure it eh a new poster?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »

You blaming our crappy football on Dutch style? How about crappy players bad selection and poor coaching.

Let's not forget we have no proper league in the country also.

DHW I startin to tink dat JC was right........Coache is troll, we coaches are clearly not tactically minded and for all intents and purposes may simply be glorified trainers
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »

It jus toooooo obvious ....I feel is another crotch ah mean coache attack
I pity the fool....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »
This point about players and coaches in Trinidad is a point taken to a point. Despite the coaching shortcomings we have in Trinidad and Tobago..we still produce good players.
We have what we have..what we have to do is understand what we have and make the best of it.
If we have green mango then we could make mango chow..why take green mango and try to make pine apple juice..
This is what we are trying to do currently. Gally said it and I am saying it and Shabba said himself..we  having problems in attack because we playing too deep and the players are too far away from each other causing each player to make a pass that is too long..this is Dutch football..we have to play closer together and maximize our abilities in a smaller area.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Leo the don return is more than welcome , but i refrain from getting excited until its confirmed officially!! he  brings knowledge and  experience to the game...  it is hoped provided the news is true of his potential return that a selected team of  intuitive , talented local coaches be chosen as understudies to work alongside him and his assistants ....   no doubt a longterm structured approach is needed .....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »
This point about players and coaches in Trinidad is a point taken to a point. Despite the coaching shortcomings we have in Trinidad and Tobago..we still produce good players.
We have what we have..what we have to do is understand what we have and make the best of it.
If we have green mango then we could make mango chow..why take green mango and try to make pine apple juice..
This is what we are trying to do currently. Gally said it and I am saying it and Shabba said himself..we  having problems in attack because we playing too deep and the players are too far away from each other causing each player to make a pass that is too long..this is Dutch football..we have to play closer together and maximize our abilities in a smaller area.

He is the coach incharge, why not fix it then?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »

It jus toooooo obvious ....I feel is another crotch ah mean coache attack
:rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2013, 11:29:26 AM »

Coache what are you talking about! "Before Gally we had a Dutch Coach!"  Who was that Coache? I know you not talking about Jan Zwartkruis. Because he was brought in in 1981 as a TD to help with the Player development & advise Roderick Warner who was coach at the time. He did not stay more than a year. Could not handle the level of incompetence administratively & did not get support from many of our so called top coaches at the time. Back in 198-84 (not sure of dates) a number of our top players was banned from T&T representation due to playing in Premier. Roderick handled the team for the WCQ in 1985 & then I don't know who took over. Gally took over in late 1987. 
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>