March 28, 2024, 12:26:17 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 78619 times)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
 jamal shabazz needs to get  fit , (oh sorry my badd ), but  seriously  i say again jamal shabazz at the helm of the national men's team is not the man to take our football forward  ..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Socalion..I echo your sentiments...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
One time we could bring back in Latas and Yorke.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
One time we could bring back in Latas and Yorke.

You know i would not doubt Yorke would play better than some of them sadly
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
I really don't feel Leo can help us nah.  The current cast is way below the 2006 crew. 

Let me correct myself, he can help, but to improve us to the point of success, that looks out of reach.
By success I mean steady improvements culminating in a CONCACAF top 4 contender.

I would love to be proven wrong though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:33:56 PM by Peong »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
I really don't feel Leo can help us nah.  The current cast is way below the 2006 crew. 

Let me correct myself, he can help, but to improve us to the point of success, that looks out of reach.
By success I mean steady improvements culminating in a CONCACAF top 4 contender.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

Remember Wim? Even he carry us to a goal cup with a similar team, playing better ball. The raw talent is there. But coming back to play in Pro league is a big waste. Too slow
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:06:45 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/leo-beenhakker-for-tt-head-coach.html

SIGN AND SHARE if you would like to see Leo Return to the senior team as Head Coach in time for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup next month

Many Thanks!
To hell with it, I just signed the petition!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2013, 06:34:16 AM »
Before Gally Cummings we had Dutch coach..de National Team looked like crap ..in came Gally Cummings the National team played the best football to date. After Cummings we had our ups and downs then we gone back to the Dutch..the football looked like crap..the football still crappy because we trying to use Dutch philosophy and don't know what we doing.
This is ruining our football. Look at the U17 team, Beenhakker team 06, and look at the way we played yesterday. That style of football is inhibitory to our players.

Gally had the inclusion of Latas, Yorke, Faustin, Charles and Leonson Lewis. He also had the luxury of discarding Nakhid, Corneal and Skeene. Not to mention Ronnie Simmons and Garnet Craig.

Gally also didn't have to suffer the indignity of playing playing (WC qualifying) home games in the opponent's backyard becz they had been sold away, given the TT players basically no chance of qualifying.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:34 AM »
They say never go back...look at Simoes second spell with Jamaica.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2013, 09:59:51 AM »
They say never go back...look at Simoes second spell with Jamaica.
If Leo is viewed as too old now to be our coach at 70 (which is a good point) then we can still use him in a TD capacity if he is interested in helping T&T football in the long term.

Alternatively we can give Lincoln Phillips a call once again as this time round his hands should not be tied by Jack and that crew in his capacity as TD.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:01:41 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
So if dat was really supposed to be the plan all the time ...wha bout Wim?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 06, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Don Leo was in the stands

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fRhKh0xVGNQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fRhKh0xVGNQ</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »
Dem kind ah horses on dah side..I coachin...we never get dat kind a licks..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »
we lucky you not coaching Romania then...we woulda get 10.. :devil:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »
Rell men who playing de ass and fronting as Nashies right now have to be hoping and praying Leo eh come back here to coach. He will get rid of dem post-effin-haste, I especially wouldn't want to be de skipper right now either cause he might be the first to go ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline lacpac

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2013, 07:48:37 AM »
Leo is Boss,Give the man a bligh to help turn around TnT football again and help to bring back the public support to the team.The stadiums will be full be they will be greeted with great football.  :)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

I really cannot wait for you to get some kind of coaching work, so man could actually see if all dat smoke you  blowing
worth some fire. Talk talk talk, yet nothing to back it up. You remind me when I was in University a Trini friend keep telling one
of the University American Football players how dem fat, cannot run  and all that. Eventually the man say let us run a 40, 60 or 100
your choice.
Lard Trini pick a 100 & then finish about 10 lengths behind the football player.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »
Don Leo was in the stands

Don Leo looked like he aged 10 more years after watching our performance....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors await Beenhakker decision: Time for panic or patience?
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »
Warriors lose 1-0 by Estonia; Await Beenhakker decision
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago national football team closed its mini-European tour today with a 1-0 friendly loss away to Estonia.

Twenty two year old striker Henri Anier grabbed Estonia’s winner in the 13th minute for his fourth goal from eight internationals while neither striker Jamal Gay nor substitutes Shahdon Winchester and Cornell Glen could break Trinidad and Tobago’s scoring drought.

Unlike Tuesday’s 4-0 loss to Romania, there was no readily available live feed of today’s contest and no judgment can be made on the performance of the “Soca Warriors.”

Estonia coach Tarmo Ruttlin was complimentary about his guests.

“It was a good result which is very important but it was a very difficult game for us,” Ruttlin told TTFF Media. “… Trinidad and Tobago have unbelievably strong guys. It’s not every time in Europe you can play against guys like this. They are tall, strong, technically sound and fast as well.

“It was a very different type of opposition for us and it was a very beneficial. I think there was some luck for us in the game also and we had to work very hard to end up with the victory.”

Trinidad and Tobago joint head coach Jamaal Shabazz urged supporters to view the team’s recent outings as preparation for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup and not focus solely on the results.

“I thought they team did very well today,” said Shabazz. “They worked hard and they played like Warriors. It has started to smell a little bit of what we want…

“We’ve also got to be patient with results. We must recognize that is just the preparation phase. These are matches to show us what we’ve got to work on.

“What is to come is near and we will see in the end what the outcome of this team will be.”

The results, admittedly, paint a less than flattering picture. The Warriors have now gone six games without scoring and five of those games were losses. Along the way, the Trinidad and Tobago team has conceded 11 goals.

Joint head coaches Hutson “Barber” Charles and Shabazz might feel a tad more insecure too by news that Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) President Raymond Tim Kee has begun talks with ex-World Cup 2006 coach Leo Beenhakker towards reintegrating him into the local game.

Beenhakker was supposedly approached to assist on a technical developmental level but neither party has ruled out the possibility of the former Real Madrid and Netherlands international coach appearing on the bench for next month’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.

So is this the time for panic or patience?

Last year, Charles and Shabazz overcame near financial paralysis and a rift between the TTFF and the Ministry of Sport to steer Trinidad and Tobago to its first Gold Cup competition in six years. They want to chance to finish the job at the confederation’s showpiece tournament.

The new TTFF executive, understandably, is wary about the possibility of undoing its recent good work in settling the 2006 World Cup bonus dispute and returning the football body back to its former moorings as the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA). The name change should be finalised next week while a new kit sponsorship and constitution are expected shortly.

So are Charles and Shabazz heading for boom or bust?

Recent statistics might not be conclusive as one might think.

Trinidad and Tobago has played in seven Gold Cups with six different coaches: Edgar Vidale, Zoran Vranes (Montenegro), Bertille St Clair (twice), Rene Simoes (Brazil), Beenhakker (Netherlands) and Wim Rijsbergen (Netherlands). Remarkably, the only coaches to ever win a match in the CONCACAF showpiece tournament were the two locals.

Vidale pulled off a victory over Costa Rica in 1991—after a Leonson Lewis equaliser and a stunning Alvin Thomas winner—while St Clair managed wins on both trips as his team whipped Honduras 3-1 in 1998 and then beat Guatemala (4-2) and Costa Rica (2-1) en route to a semi-final finish in 2000. Incidentally, St Clair was sacked immediately after taking Trinidad and Tobago to its best ever Gold Cup finish.

So, foreign expertise was traditionally of little value to the two-island republic in this competition. Beenhakker oversaw draws to Honduras and Panama and a loss to Colombia in 2005 while Simoes’ team was eliminated after a  draw with Costa Rica and a 1-0 loss to Martinique in 2002.

In both of St Clair’s trips to the Gold Cup finals, his outfit looked to be in horrendous pre-tournament form only to click at the right time.

Before the 1998 Gold Cup, St Clair’s men won one from five games with four goals scored and 11 conceded against opposition that was much less intimidating than Romania.

The results were: Martinique (0-3 and 2-3), Barbados (1-0), El Salvador (0-2), Guatemala (1-3) and Costa Rica (0-4). After conceding seven goals within a fortnight of its Gold Cup opener, Trinidad and Tobago promptly thumped a talented Honduran team 3-1 thanks to a Jerren Nixon opener and a Stern John double.

Two years later, St Clair savoured a 4-3 friendly international win over Colombia but failed to win any of five subsequent friendlies with returns of: Panama (2-2), Honduras (2-3), Canada (0-0), Morocco (0-1) and Costa Rica (1-2). Trinidad and Tobago was then hammered 4-0 in its Gold Cup group opener against Mexico before rebounding to finish as the second-best team in CONCACAF since the other semi-final featured guest teams Peru and Colombia.

Even in 2006, the Warriors followed up a friendly 2-0 win over Iceland with a 1-1 home draw against Peru and international defeats against Wales (1-2), Slovenia (1-3) and the Czech Republic (0-3) before a creditable showing in Germany.

The real question for Charles and Shabazz then is whether the Warriors are learning from the present humbling results.

Arguably, the biggest problems have been off the field. The trickle of withdrawals for March’s trip to Belize became a stream in June and it gives the impression that the staff has not yet come to grips with the country’s overseas talent.

The repeated pull-outs by the Belgium-based duo of Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau and Kazakhastan-based defender Robert Primus are particularly worrying. The 22-year-old Bateau, for instance, seems to want an awful lot of rest for a young man while Argentina and Barcelona sensation Lionel Messi will ignore a niggling injury to represent his country tonight, despite playing in twice as many games as the Trinidadian defender this year.

The Warriors recent penchant for travelling to international assignments with less than 18 players is embarrassing too. However, it is worth noting that team manager William Wallace has the unenviable role of having to negotiate directly with the Ministry of Sport over the team’s travel budget, which was a result of Anil Roberts’ feud with former TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden last year.

Tim Kee promised to solve the impasse when he became president last November but the awkward situation has persisted.

Shabazz’s own problems with the United States’ immigration, due to his Jamaat-al-Muslimeen ties and role with the 1990 attempted coup, might be relevant too. The Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA coach communicated with his club team via Skype for a CONCACAF Champions League fixture in Seattle last year. However, he insisted that he can still travel to the US, albeit through a special arrangement with that nation’s lawmen.

The case for Tim Kee to support his present staff or return to Trinidad and Tobago’s most successful previous coach is not clear cut and technical director Anton Corneal’s evaluation could be crucial. Corneal worked as an assistant to Beenhakker in Germany and, once his own job is not at risk, is in a good position to offer advice for Tim Kee’s next step.

Perhaps, as with the injection of Shabazz into the previous technical group of Charles and assistant coach Derek King, the TTFF President might again look for a middle ground.

In eight friendlies under the present technical staff, Trinidad and Tobago managed just one win over Antigua and Barbuda, one draw with Belize and six losses to Finland, Canada, Peru (twice), Romania and Estonia.

In competitive action, though, the Warriors have seven wins (Martinique, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Suriname, Anguilla, St Kitts and Nevis and French Guiana), two draws (Haiti and St Vincent and the Grenadines) and two losses (Cuba and Antigua and Barbuda). So, Charles, Shabazz and King are certainly not hopeless when it comes to slugging it out at wartime.

One way or the other, next week’s decision will say a lot about the new man at the helm of the local game.

(Team against Estonia)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-1-4-1): Jan-Michael Williams; Justin Hoyte (Kareem Moses 72), Radanfah Abu Bakr, Daneil Cyrus, Aubrey David; Densill Theobald; Darryl Roberts (Shahdon Winchester 60), Andre Boucaud, Ataullah Guerra (Kevin Molino 60), Joevin Jones (Kevon Carter 70); Jamal Gay (Cornell Glen 70).

Unused substitutes: Marvin Phillip, Devorn Jorsling.

Co-head coaches: Hutson Charles and Jamaal Shabazz
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:09:00 PM by Bakes »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors await Beenhakker decision: Time for panic or patience?
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
What you mean no live feed?
Youtube Channel

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2013, 07:12:56 PM »
Who cares about gold cup finishes... when there is something more to play for. We went to the world cup and actually came home with a point under Leo.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
Yeh ANC2 I know wha yuh tal kin bout... I had a African pardner in College who thought he was faster than everybody and challenged Maurice Green to race..he was beaten badly..I know exactly what you mean breds.
Maurice Green was an unknown at that time.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Well I was wondering if I was back in the 19th century until I read ANC2 's comment. How can people be so fooled so easily. Beenkakker is a good coach but without Latapy and Yorke and without Jack's help we were going no where! He was no saviour . In fact we scraped through on a fourth place that was even changed to Bahrain at the last moment. It was supposed to be a South American team and we would have lost ! Jack help again! In fact as a team we have played better and done better in 1974 and 1990 qualifying campaigns but Haiti and US politics was in the mix and we get squeezed. I guess these are young gullible fellas who don't understand the history and politics of football and making these jerk responses to this article by Lasana.
Which brings me to another point . It appears that Lasana is allowing himself to be used by Tim Kee and the Corneals. I thought he was smarter than that? Alvin wants to cushion his  son's position and he believes a Foreigner wont care a shit about what role he plays because he will be ignored as a twaat anyway, because that  is what he is. It is time we stop looking for foreign solutions when we can solve problems right here. Get a proper constitution , hold proper elections( stop sticking people in place because of friendships) get clubs involved. get persons who have proven their worth on the international stage involved. We have quite a few who are willing and able and get the show back on the road. Someone has got to stop Timkee, Corneal , Shabazz and this bunch of losers!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
Trinitozbone, but didn't Bertille St Clair had the same Yorke, Latapy and Jack help too before Beenhakker took over?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
Look ah arsehole bring Jack in the talk...

... and he factually inaccurate too. so ah ignorant arsehole
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
weh the thread gone??
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »
Wham mods like one ah allyuh is drinking buddies wid gally or what, where did the thread go where gally was talking out of his butt cheeks about beenhakker and kamla??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: weh the thread gone??
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »
Sums up the Trinidad mentality...Criticize every and anybody except ur friend. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
He requested his release be removed, to many negative feedback.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
That little bit of scrutiny cause him to get his knickers in a twist? He want to play mas and fraid powder? He really wants to take a high pressure job like National Football coach and a lil online talk gone to his head...LOL

1]; } ?>