April 26, 2024, 01:00:56 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 80223 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker back in charge.
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:20 AM »
If the 'new' federation is all about transparency, I believe the fans deserve an explanation as to why the 2 month term was given...

panic
I pity the fool....

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2013, 06:42:39 AM »
Birchy position in the starting 11 done book!  ;D

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2013, 06:48:23 AM »
Knee jerk culture, no plan for sustainable and long term development, none.  Target great GC showing and then what?  Sorry, we will cross that bridge when we reach it, time for beers   :frustrated:

Agreed, people in a panic and fraid we get embarrassed at the Gold Cup. The long term plan is to give him a ten days wok before each upcoming tournament/qualification round.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2013, 06:48:43 AM »
Good move by the TTFF for short term, just wish it was long term. We still need long term though.

We need a long term coach and a foreign one to, the local guys are decent but not knowledgeable. And they cannot organise anything properly.

If Beenhakker could come here and make a difference in 3 weeks then that would say a lot about Shabazz and Charles.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2013, 06:52:23 AM »
Knee jerk culture, no plan for sustainable and long term development, none.  Target great GC showing and then what?  Sorry, we will cross that bridge when we reach it, time for beers   :frustrated:

Agreed, people in a panic and fraid we get embarrassed at the Gold Cup. The long term plan is to give him a ten days wok before each upcoming tournament/qualification round.
I have no problem with that if it takes us to Russia!  ;)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:57 AM »
The 2 months hadda be a money issue. Beenie eh coming cheap. Gold Cup first, then hopefully a good showing will get sponsors on board and they could use the mileage to get a "Keep Beenie" campaign going.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
I imagine there are two reasons:
Can Mr Shabazz fly with the team to USA?
Can TTFA afford US$75km pm for more than 2 months?

But having Leo around will boost confidence and we'll probably get some decent opponents scheduled for the next 12 months.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2013, 07:09:42 AM »

If Beenhakker could come here and make a difference in 3 weeks then that would say a lot about Shabazz and Charles.

Every game I see since them in charge, the team has regressed to defending with only defenders. No other football team in the world do you see only defenders when the next team attacking. Even when men on the break you always see midfielders somewhere on the screen, unless is a long ball for a striker who was loafing.

Every goal we concede this year...u always seeing 4 defenders...usually scramblng at sixes and sevens. Except for the Peru game when Birchall was busting his gut.

Thus, as Beenie say..he see some simple structural issues he could address. Give him back his "house" as he called the formation.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2013, 07:15:22 AM »

Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, who qualified Trinidad and Tobago for the 2006 FIFA Men’s World Cup, will take up a two-month assignment with the senior national football team for the 2006 CONCACAF Gold Cup, which takes place from July 8-28 in the United States.

Express editor sleeping as usual...

Anyway, it's a start? let's see how it pans out.
We know dem foreign players eh listening to the local coaches.  Beenhakker go get the best out of them, watch and see
whey boy!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »
Birchy position in the starting 11 done book!  ;D

And Theobold  ;D

But we really reach a new low...honestly we was never so shitty, never ever....none of the local coaches before, even interim men from Clayton Morris,Ron la, KJ, Muhummed Isa, Najjar, Edgar Vidale, nobody ...not even Corneal had the team looking and playing shitty so.

In fact looking at that statement...Hutson and Shabbaz cyar be compared to them fellas no way no how. They not in that coaching league.

I would even say the era during the blacklist was worse than this for the players, and under latapy tenure when we ent make Gold Cup as players were not paid etc and men was stranded abroad and ting.

But even then we didnt look bad so when men step on the field.

The fact is and remains...this crop of players not good. Beenhaker cyar help dem.

It come like yuh trying to cook a pelau...the chicken spoil and d rice have weevil (aging stars), the (youths and pfl players) come like water down coconut milk yuh make from the pack, with water from the AM Premium breakfast party and the lil punkin and peas (foreign based players) ent that special to hold the pot together. This pot also have zero seasoning either fresh or bottled.

TTFA feel that Beenhakker come like a Maggi cube or a end of golden Ray salt butter....he go help, but the pot go still taste and smell like shit.

We go come second to last instead of last in the group.... It's a help though.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:20:08 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2013, 07:22:44 AM »
If the 'new' federation is all about transparency, I believe the fans deserve an explanation as to why the 2 month term was given...

hopefully they will have a press conference when he arrives to answer all these questions.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »
I think its to late for Beenhakker to make a drastic change, he might make a little difference though because them other coaches was not to good.

We need to play at least 2 full international games before de Gold Cup.

By Beenhakker being here it would attrack sponsors and better opponents. But more time is needed.

At least Sheldon Phillips and Tim Kee trying they hand, cant knock them for that.

Zidane is looking for a coaching wok, he should apply to be T&T coach on a long term, a good place to start off.  :D

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »
Leo laughing all the way to the bank. USD 75K per month for a 2 month stint?

And i pretty sure that does not include housing and travel. Now i not saying that top tier coaches not making that kind of money as per usual but my mind just saying, if that money was spread out over a year that is almost 1 million USD. Imagine if we could funnel that kind of money into some youth programs.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I like Leo, he seems uncompromising when it comes to what he wants and unfortunately our culture requires that kind of hard nosed leadership. On and off the field.

All the best Don Leo in your second stint. I think this one will be even more of a challenge, this is a far less experienced group than 2006. The core of the 2006 squad had a core group of players with each over 10 years professional experience.

Somehow i feel this appointment is also to ensure the commitment of a few frontline players that have been sort of indifferent in the last few months.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
wtf Now is three head coach?

Touches cooking analogy is apt oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2013, 07:29:56 AM »
The 2 month period is appropriate. Post-GC is a proper place to pursue fundamental redirection.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2013, 07:33:26 AM »
I was skeptical of the move at first but the more I think about it the better.  Folks, Don Leo not here for technical stuff and quite frankly he's probably a bit too advanced in age to be a technical director.  Senior team footbball is about tactics, not technical skill.  If it was about technical skill, well we loss already.  Clearly we are being outcoached at the moment. 

Bringing in Don Leo gives us instant credibility from the players, administration, citizens and the football world in general.  Man who making style wouldn't do so anymore.  Plus men know they have to work hard in practice in order to play.  The GC is the only major competition we in for the next 2-3 years.  Let's hang our hopes that he delivers well in the GC and we'll move on from there. 

All this development thing is for a youth development director and that is not Don Leo's role and shouldn't be.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
Been saying this relentlessly, just like everything else in life, you always end up getting what you pay for. The days when we would take ex-players and throw them in as a coach when they retire and hope to compete with the best in CONCACAF are long gone. The game has totally changed. It is now so scientific and tactical in a holistic way, you need to have people who know what they doing in order to advance.

Nowadays it cost at least $50K US a month to even start the conversation to get a pedigree coach for a national team. Klinsman gets $200K and Carlos Quiros who was being eyed for T&T couple years ago gets $160K a month. You cyah take a Cortina and race a CL63..
These top coaches travel the world, attend latest workshops, do stints with top club teams, publish technical papers, follow modern scientific knowledge of the game to a tee...in other words, true students of the game...And this doesnt come cheap. No disrespect to the current coaching staff, they just havent had the experience to develop properly yet...

Anil Roberts said that there will be no investment in a coach like this UNTIL we prove ourselves and get to the HEX, lol lol. I wont even respond to that.

I am sure the 2 month thing is a mixture of funding, the timing of the Gold Cup and Beenhakker's wishes.

Our team is in shambles, makes no doubt about it.
We are extremely unfit and tactically we are poor. If u are poor tactically, other teams will take you apart and make u more unfit, thus rendering the simple basics of football like trapping, passing, thinking etc almost impossible. No wonder we always look like we chasing the game and scampering..

Plenty people here criticise Beenhakker for his tactics at the world cup, imagine that lol. Like we all have won La Liga titles with Real Madrid and taken a team to the World Cup.

While I believe this is not the best long term solution for us, its at least an attempt to do something. And he is much better than anything we have locally. Even if its for the very fact that this new generation of players will have unbridled respect for this man (his accomplishments/race etc), it will be a boost. If this man can bench latas, then all players know they hadda earn their spot.

Good move TTFF. Dont often get the chance to say that, lets prep for the Gold Cup and see how it goes and take the next step after that.. In a tournament, the aim is to not concede goals and get beaten. Beenhakker is good at this. he is also very good at making the best of what he has available. Hope he can take an average group of players cf to the 2005 bunch and do something good next month..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:29 AM »
might be some small blessing if he override dat ol' man attitude shit Charles and Shabazz on wit Peltier though
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »

I would prefered if Shabazz was never introduced, while charles is green, the introduction of Shabazz only produced decline, what is even more galling is Shabazz is persona non grata in d States..........square peg round hole.........the federation realise dey made a mistake and tryin to plug it, but at what cost

agreed.

The way things was going the Gold Cup may have been a disaster. Still may be.
I think we should have looked for somebody a little more long term.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »
Leo has been brought in for this tournament and this tournament only. We need to have a good showing to attract sponsorship for the future. Any money/prestige derived from a good GC showing will be used to fund future development. Come on people this, like every high profile tournament or world cup qualifying, is where the money is...... just ask Jack. If people cant see that then they blind.

On the two month thing, as far as i see it he could ride out after the GC because at his age he ent lasting till no next world cup qualifying.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »
YESSS!!!!!

Now ah done do meh cartwheels/back-flips/and ah vex running-man, ah ready to say THANK YOU FATHER!!!

Call me shallow if you will, but de long term go see bout itself...all yuh feel it easy to be staring dong de barrel of ANOTHER pathetic performance from my national football team?!?!?!?

My advice too, is not to wait to hear de details of de deal but rather jump on here and be all speculative and get bent outta shape, because it ALWAYS is de sensible thing to do ;)

And because ah like meh lil bacahnal too...I can't wait to see who will be the Angus Eves (et al) this time around.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:13:20 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
YESSS!!!!!

Now ah done do meh cartwheels/back-flips/and ah vex running-man, ah ready to say THANK YOU FATHER!!!

Call me shallow if you will, but de long term go see bout itself...all yuh feel it easy to be staring dong de barrel of ANOTHER pathetic performance from my national football team?!?!?!?

My advice too, is not to wait to hear de details of de deal but rather jump on here and be all speculative and get bent outta shape, because it ALWAYS de sensible thing to do ;)

And because ah like meh lil bacahnal too...I can't wait to see who will be the Angus Eves (et al) this time around.
Thank you, fully agree with you!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »
In 2 hrs d Don will have d team lookin betta than d army fella and d terorist. So leh him go GC and show d likes of Vidale what he could do in 2 mths that them fellas could not do in mths. I just hope when he collect his last cheque he hand them the name of a coach that we can hire to take d team forward to 2018 b4 yuh blink is 2016 and a next season of WCQ.

Development wuk is never d role of d NT coach.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:51:51 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:36 AM »
Watch how them fellas will shape up now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
I imagine there are two reasons:
Can Mr Shabazz fly with the team to USA?
Can TTFA afford US$75km pm for more than 2 months?

But having Leo around will boost confidence and we'll probably get some decent opponents scheduled for the next 12 months.

spot on

They cannot afford him in a head coach capacity for more than 2 months... especially as we have nothing of major importance fixture wise till the end of 2014 when the Caribbean Cup is back

What Leo can bring is obviously the experience and the discipline.. I fear Shabazz and Charles have lost the squad.. Charles because he is more of an assistant coach cone layer type with no authority and Shabazz because he confrontational and always have some theory and annoying

Leo dont f**k around.. he is the perfect man manager and I'm very happy for the players getting the opportunity to work with him ..

Unfortunately Shabazz and Charles still around..I would have cut both of them , especially Shabazz

They not good enough at this level and I dont think 2 months with Leo will do much to help them to be honest.. it will actually make things worse when he leaves because the players will be like you are not Beenhakker

After the Gold Cup hopefully the Gov't gets involved and fund the programme and we can have Leo in a senior football director role and he can suggest a staff to take us forward, hopefully majority foreign (likely Dutch). And that foreign staff will have 2014-2017 to really give it a go to get us to 2018 which is very realistic once a proper yearly programme of good fixtures every international window is done

They have no sympathy in this game... If we stick with local coaches after the Don's stint we not going anywhere... Invest in a foreign staff for 3 years and reap the glory

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
Wonder what will happen if someone whispers in Don Leo's ear (or shows him some video) that Peltier is a player to be considered?

Interesting times this.

Fitzinho bredda, while totally respecting you viewpoint, they had their chance at the CFU tournament.

Selfishly; I can't handle no embarrassing performance on a big of a stage as the GC...is only so much people could take man :(
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »
THE DON.....

The "package" will look better with The Don...to go and find funds for the long term project

if only we could find we missing fuc%ing 200 million dollars
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »
Wonder what will happen if someone whispers in Don Leo's ear (or shows him some video) that Peltier is a player to be considered?

Interesting times this.

Fitzinho bredda, while totally respecting you viewpoint, they had their chance at the CFU tournament.

Selfishly; I can't handle no embarrassing performance on a big of a stage as the GC...is only so much people could take man :(

the team looked creditable in early qualifying before Shabazz...........that however brings sharply into question what if any control Charles had once Shabazz was brought in ...........and by extension his strength of character in the grand scheme.............given how easily he allowed himself to be pushed asside by the terrorist
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:30:11 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »
Big Mag,

All the TTFA hadda do is start wrecking firetruck...they go get that money back in no time.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »

Interesting times this.

the team looked creditable in early qualifying before Shabazz...........that however brings sharply into question what if any control Charles had once Shabazz was brought in ...........and by extension his strength of character in the grand scheme.............given how easily he allowed himself to be pushed asside by the terrorist

Dan, leh we stick to the football nah.  Leh we leave the political thing off this section of the forum. :beermug:

1]; } ?>