April 17, 2024, 07:56:48 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 79356 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker back in charge.
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »
Big Mag,

All the TTFA hadda do is start wrecking firetruck...they go get that money back in no time.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
I had inform my fellow men on here. Check my post dated May 27th from the link below.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=58855.new#new
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »
This is great news. People will be talking again. If we do well enough in the goal cup we can get more games, build the team and so forth and our local guys can hopefully learn something from him while he is here. I'm happy about this.

BTW, wasn't this whole sentiment of Leo just making money off Trinidad expressed when he first got here. I think this is a racist thing. Everyone needs to chill. A football coach is all about the football. I don't think I ever saw someone more passionate than Leo when was in charge of our team. He didn't look like he was collecting a paycheck, he was working for that paycheck. Same some people bashed Birchall before he even played a game and the guy ended up being a great addition to the team. And that comment about Birchall place being booked... SMH. Are we forgetting the man showed the same confidence in Densil (if not more) and we DID NOT see any reason why he was starting or even on the team for the matter.

You guys need to let go of this "white devil" mentality. Not every white person is out to exploit us. This has always been about the football alone.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
Wonder what will happen if someone whispers in Don Leo's ear (or shows him some video) that Peltier is a player to be considered?

Interesting times this.

Fitzinho bredda, while totally respecting you viewpoint, they had their chance at the CFU tournament.

Selfishly; I can't handle no embarrassing performance on a big of a stage as the GC...is only so much people could take man :(

the team looked creditable in early qualifying before Shabazz...........that however brings sharply into question what if any control Charles had once Shabazz was brought in ...........and by extension his strength of character in the grand scheme.............given how easily he allowed himself to be pushed asside by the terrorist

Dan, leh we stick to the football nah.  Leh we leave the political thing off this section of the forum. :beermug:

I get u... but political my ass he's a treasonous fuuck
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
Wonder what will happen if someone whispers in Don Leo's ear (or shows him some video) that Peltier is a player to be considered?

Interesting times this.

Fitzinho bredda, while totally respecting you viewpoint, they had their chance at the CFU tournament.

Selfishly; I can't handle no embarrassing performance on a big of a stage as the GC...is only so much people could take man :(

the team looked creditable in early qualifying before Shabazz...........that however brings sharply into question what if any control Charles had once Shabazz was brought in ...........and by extension his strength of character in the grand scheme.............given how easily he allowed himself to be pushed asside by the terrorist

Dan, leh we stick to the football nah.  Leh we leave the political thing off this section of the forum. :beermug:

I get u... but political my ass he's a treasonous fuuck

He would be dead in another country
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »
Been saying this relentlessly, just like everything else in life, you always end up getting what you pay for. The days when we would take ex-players and throw them in as a coach when they retire and hope to compete with the best in CONCACAF are long gone. The game has totally changed. It is now so scientific and tactical in a holistic way, you need to have people who know what they doing in order to advance.

Nowadays it cost at least $50K US a month to even start the conversation to get a pedigree coach for a national team. Klinsman gets $200K and Carlos Quiros who was being eyed for T&T couple years ago gets $160K a month. You cyah take a Cortina and race a CL63..
These top coaches travel the world, attend latest workshops, do stints with top club teams, publish technical papers, follow modern scientific knowledge of the game to a tee...in other words, true students of the game...And this doesnt come cheap. No disrespect to the current coaching staff, they just havent had the experience to develop properly yet...

Anil Roberts said that there will be no investment in a coach like this UNTIL we prove ourselves and get to the HEX, lol lol. I wont even respond to that.

I am sure the 2 month thing is a mixture of funding, the timing of the Gold Cup and Beenhakker's wishes.

Our team is in shambles, makes no doubt about it.
We are extremely unfit and tactically we are poor. If u are poor tactically, other teams will take you apart and make u more unfit, thus rendering the simple basics of football like trapping, passing, thinking etc almost impossible. No wonder we always look like we chasing the game and scampering..

Plenty people here criticise Beenhakker for his tactics at the world cup, imagine that lol. Like we all have won La Liga titles with Real Madrid and taken a team to the World Cup.

While I believe this is not the best long term solution for us, its at least an attempt to do something. And he is much better than anything we have locally. Even if its for the very fact that this new generation of players will have unbridled respect for this man (his accomplishments/race etc), it will be a boost. If this man can bench latas, then all players know they hadda earn their spot.

Good move TTFF. Dont often get the chance to say that, lets prep for the Gold Cup and see how it goes and take the next step after that.. In a tournament, the aim is to not concede goals and get beaten. Beenhakker is good at this. he is also very good at making the best of what he has available. Hope he can take an average group of players cf to the 2005 bunch and do something good next month..
Well said! Spot on.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
 :cheers: :applause:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
So based on this development...what are the general expectations of the board for the Gold Cup?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
is 2 months enough to look at new players etc, Last time around beenie took a long time working with locals to find the few that pushed into the squad.

Pro league in off season so no games to watch

UK based on vacation

US based in mid season men not being released

I expect to see the same squad with some UK based

we should be able to compete with elsalvador and beat haiti.

any team we meet from the Hex will beat us easy.

the sharpness and competition just not there added to the fact that they have better quality.

surviving the group will be a good achievement.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
I would like for us to score a goal.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »
Refreshing  news !!  but no cartwheels for me just yet , reason being persona non grata jamal shabazz still on board , but i must admit its great to learn  leo  beenhakker  is back in the mix ..... 2 months to bring stability and respectability to the team i'll take that, rather than see another woeful performance by the national team ....  a useful move by ttfa .... many may query why 2 months or why so late in the program ... along with many outstanding questions , certainly its all well and good . its healthy for debate... at the same token none of us knows the facts just yet , whether  the 2 months is conditional or not, so i will prefer to  hold off any critical views  until further details  is released... but i do think this is a useful move to have  leo  beenhakker add  his  expertise to the program  ....... welcome back leo ....

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
And just like that. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »
Rel Dotishishness...We still not going past the first round in the Gold Cup...then what? Pay this man until 2018?
Rel stchippid people in Trinidad..that's why Jack Warner get so rich..oh Gawd dey will never learn...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
All de people on dis forum who agree with this Beenhakker move ..allyuh is rel sctchippid peeple...allyuh believe in putting Bandaid on a sore..Dotish people..dat's why Trinidad so backward...backward people..backward mindset..Dotish,dotish,stchippid.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2013, 03:16:49 PM »
Oh I'm sorry... we're supposed to sit and watch the team be humiliated at every game... yes, that is the definition of progress.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
coache ah see yuh having ah field day breds , ok breds  i understand  yuh will be appointed leo beenhakker assistant  will that conflict with yuh busy schedule , just asking no pon intended  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
If the 'new' federation is all about transparency, I believe the fans deserve an explanation as to why the 2 month term was given...

Not that hard to speculate as to why... they can't afford him for more, he's not interested in a longer app't., they favor cheaper, local alternatives.  The fact is that Shabazz can't step foot in the US, so they need someone to take up the slack (doesn't say a whole lot for Charles, does it?), so a stop-gap is needed just for the GC.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »
You guys need to let go of this "white devil" mentality. Not every white person is out to exploit us. This has always been about the football alone.

Bro, who talking about white devil mentality. Plenty men on the forum don't want Beenie for various reasons. Some people think we should move on. They are not totally oppose to a foreign coach. Some don't want him because of the Latapy "snub" in the WC. Some don't  want a foreign coach period. They think that the TTFA should promote the local coaches. Where the white devil mentality come into play.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »
So again...let me ask. Expectations for the team BEFORE this appointment was what?

And what are our expectations for the team AFTER this appointment?

How do they compare?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »
So again...let me ask. Expectations for the team BEFORE this appointment was what?

And what are our expectations for the team AFTER this appointment?

How do they compare?

Well after this appointment we are in a way better tactical position for the Cup.  But my expectations are the same: Get out of the 1st round then come home.  Anything beyond that is to exceed expectations.  Where's the win/loose analysis thread?  Palos whey yuh?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »
Did you know that the staff supposedly could not afford to fly in United States-based defender Julius James while the Warriors had to sleep in Helsinki’s international airport, during a 12-hour lay-over, as there were no funds to check into a hotel.

So where they getting 75,000 USD to pay Beenhakker for a month's work?

How will the players look at Shabazz and Charles when Beenhakker leaves? what kind of respect they will get as this move makes them look small in a sense. Not that I care but could this be the end of them and the return of Russell Latapy?

Beenhakker will be very upset to know that Shabazz and Charles left out possibly 3 top players Cato, Peltier and Julius. 3 players who could start on the current team.

Local coaches to bad mind and they quick to condemn players and fail to realise that they position to is not to be taken for granted.

I like Tim Kee for this.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:50 PM »
This two month assignment for Leo is probably driven by several factors such as the timing of the Gold Cup, availability of funds (we can only afford two months right now), Leo looking to bank some more money for his retirement and we came knocking on his door, etc.

If we do well in the Gold Cup potential next steps would be find more money from sponsors to keep Leo or find another "high" profile but cheaper coach since we are a more attractive team.

People talking about his age but if the man mentally and physically capable of doing the job then age is irrelevant. It is not like he is out there playing on the field. Carlos Alberto Parreira is 70 and Scolari is 64.  Beenhakker is 70, so he is too old for us but Parreira and Scolari not too old for a big side like Brazil.

Now would I hire Beenhakker as coach?  Most likely not since he may not be coaching till 2018.  However, I would hire him in a similar role as Parreira to work with the national coach.  There is one problem with this plan, there are no good local coaches so we are back to the only option, the quick fix option of hiring him as a coach and hoping his assistants learn enough from him to eventually take control.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:26:30 PM by real madness »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
Beenhakker will be very upset to know that Shabazz and Charles left out possibly 3 top players Cato, Peltier and Julius. 3 players who could start on the current team.

Local coaches to bad mind and they quick to condemn players and fail to realise that they position to is not to be taken for granted.

Were these players available, injured or otherwise.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:38:05 PM by Flex »

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2013, 05:49:30 PM »

Bro, who talking about white devil mentality. Plenty men on the forum don't want Beenie for various reasons. Some people think we should move on. They are not totally oppose to a foreign coach. Some don't want him because of the Latapy "snub" in the WC. Some don't  want a foreign coach period. They think that the TTFA should promote the local coaches. Where the white devil mentality come into play.

I am not talking about the people who have a problem with him for those reason but you cannot deny that there were people who had a problem with him and Birchall for the very reason I stated before they even had a chance to prove themselves. One such person even went as far as to say him and his technical staff were racist on national TV. (I don't know if you all remember who I am talking about here).

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
WHAT IF WE WIN THE GOLD CUP?!! WHAT HAPPENS THEN?!!

Does Leo still go, or do we find the money to keep him long term?!  :thinking:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:24:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »

Allyuh just full of shyte.
If we play the GC with these jokers as coachs is lick by numbers.
With Beenie we have a chance of looking respectable.

Yuh in the stadium and watching on tv and TT down 3 4 5 nil before half time and yuh cringing and then comin here and complain, with Beenie it might only be a 1 or 2 goal loss even a draw is possible the way he coachs.

What fooking long term nonsense, the GC  is next month !!!

At this leve,l fook long term get ah coach that could coach big men.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »
Is this really the answer? Are we looking for a short term fix? This move is like we usual default. Put together low budget teams hope lime heck to qualify bring in star boys work with  local coach then with last minute find foreign coach and hope that is the answer. How many times have this played out? How many times we get the results? The wheels on the bus goes round and round while we still in park.
Development system in play player or team cohesion still remains in the experimental stage.  Why do we appear to be so duncy when it comes to planning? We have money to pay this coach but not to fly in some of we so called better players for friendliest?

We cyst find sponsors for players?  Look nah sometimes ah does have to give in when them other islands looking and laughing at we yes. We think we tricky fuh real.
Wait until all the info is fully divulged before yuh go talking outatimin.  i here waiting for the full report before i say anything incriminating.  :waiting:

Personally, I believe AB is spot on. I dont see what can happen to make me feel different. We applaudin because dey find de bandage pack. AB is pointing out that is is indeed a bandage and if so then why we like bandage so much? Low budget team, a lot of hope and then finally, a quickie from a big name coach.  TnT style of player usage and game development!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
Oh Gosh for once Trinbago people hush nah & listen.
Consider this angle. Allyuh always talking about local taking course, certificate yada yada.
Bennie comes in, does not bring a host of Dutch men with him. Allowing for the local based to work more
closely, be mentored, learn and develop. If is two months is better than taking some two week course from
an instructor that never really achieve nothing. Not only that the locals more likely to get paid while being an understudy.
Shit they should pay Beenie. This is football immersion at its best. So what if the Ministry pay Beenie salary, better than
paying millions to move a fire truck 40yards. Shit with that money just buy a new truck.

No Beenie will not make a difference with this lot, but he might indirectly contribute to coaches that can then spread the knowledge
If TTFA had any sense

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tim Kee explains Beenhakker move; but T&T coaches still unpaid
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »
The Tim-kerman: TTFA president explains Beenhakker move
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Italian coach Claudio Ranieri’s penchant for chopping and changing his first team at Chelsea, even when his squad was on a successful run, earned him the sobriquet of “The Tinkerman.”

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee, who took the helm of the local football body last November, cannot be accused of being afraid to rock the boat or indecisive either.

In December 2012, less than a month into his tenure, Tim Kee controversially inserted then Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and Guyana national head coach Jamaal Shabazz into the Trinidad and Tobago squad and made him co-head coach alongside former “Strike Squad” standout Hutson “Barber” Charles.

Photo: The Trinidad and Tobago national football team celebrates booking its place at the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
(Courtesy Allan V Crane/Wired868)
And, just three weeks before kick off in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Tim Kee sees similarities in his decision to add former Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker to the technical staff.

“When I asked Jamaal to join Charles at the Caribbean Cup (finals),” Tim Kee told Wired868, “we had qualified at the lower level but I felt Jamaal could provide assistance at that stage. Jamaal came in and the rest is history.

“But now looking at the US and Mexico and Panama and Haiti and these teams who are waiting for us in the Gold Cup, I am not completely comfortable with the belief that Jamaal and Hutson can take the team at that level. Because there is nothing after (the last) 10 games that suggests they could.”

Within the aforementioned 10 games Tim Kee referenced was a 2-1 Caribbean Cup group stage triumph over the Dominican Republic that assured the Warriors of its first Gold Cup finals in six years as well as a semi-final penalty shoot-out win over Martinique. In the Caribbean Cup finals, it took a sudden death goal from gifted Cuban attacker Marcel Hernandez to sink Trinidad and Tobago after an error by Warriors custodian Jan-Michael Williams.

Since then, though, the Warriors have not won a match or scored a goal with one draw and five losses from six outings in 2013.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago national football team co-head coach Hutson “Barber” Charles has paid the price for lean recent results with the “Soca Warriors.”
(Courtesy Allan V. Crane/Wired868)
Local coach Bertille St Clair arrived at the 2000 Gold Cup with no wins from his five preceding games and went on to take Trinidad and Tobago as far as the semi-finals, their highest-ever finish.

For Tim Kee, there is currently little virtue in patience; in fact, he revealed, the coaching trio of Charles, Shabazz and assistant Derek King might well have become unstuck earlier. In March, two losses to Peru and a goalless draw with Belize almost spelled doom for the national technical triumvirate.

This month’s outing to Europe for friendlies against Romania and Estonia, which yielded 4-0 and 1-0 losses respectively, brought a swift and ruthless response from the football president, whose day job is as a Guardian Life sales executive.

“I saw what happened against Peru and Belize,” said Tim Kee. “They said they were trying to get the best fit in their squad, so I thought I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt. But what I saw (in Europe) was consistent with what I saw before.

“It was a judgment call and a decision I had to make. It was late but, based on decency, I felt I had to give them the chance (in Europe).

“I didn’t think doing it earlier would have been fair to them.”

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Marvin Phillip was beaten four times in Bucharest as Romania ran riot.
(Courtesy AP)
Charles’ present record as coach stands at eight wins and as many losses as well as three drawn matches. There is no word yet regarding who will coach the team after the Gold Cup.

Beenhakker has only been contracted to work for the Gold Cup. And, despite his unquestioned ability as a coach, there is also an implicit belief that the Dutchman’s presence can make the team more marketable and turn a few heads in the local business sector.

Tim Kee revealed that he intends to raise the money for Beenhakker’s salary from the local private sector. His general secretary, Sheldon Phillips, son of Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips who was technical director during the Dutchman’s first spell in Trinidad between 2005 and 2006, told Wired868 that the former Real Madrid and Netherlands coach will be fetching significantly less than the US$75,000 ($480,700) suggested in the media.

Neither Tim Kee nor Phillips was willing to reveal the financial package offered to Beenhakker.

Phillips said that, rather than rely on his compatriots, Beenhakker has agreed to work with local coaches for the upcoming Gold Cup. But although the ideal situation would be for the Dutchman to keep the incumbents in place, the general secretary admitted that he could give no such guarantee.

After almost 18 months in charge of the squad, Charles will now have to face a Beenhakker interview to qualify for a place as an assistant coach at the Gold Cup.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago head-coach-in-waiting Leo Beenhakker.
“One of the hallmarks of our arrangement with Leo was that he would work with local coaches,” said Phillips. “We strongly asked for Mr Charles to work with him but a decision has not been made yet. Leo will meet with Mr Charles before the team goes into camp and, if he is comfortable with Hutson, then from a transitional standpoint it would make sense for him to continue with the team.”

And what does the immediate future hold for Shabazz and King within the national squad?

“A decision has not been made yet with reference to Jamaal and Derek,” said Phillips. “After the decision is made (regarding Charles) we will look at the other coaching slots.”

An insider told Wired868 that Shabazz’s immigration issues with the United States might have influenced the TTFA’s view on using his services for the upcoming competition. Shabazz, a member of the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen, was one of the 114 insurrectionists charged and tried as a result of the 1990 attempted coup. Roughly a decade ago, he was detained in Miami for several weeks after reportedly entering the United States with improper travel documents.

Shabazz insists that he would have no problems travelling, if necessary, to the US for the Gold Cup.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago national co-head coach Jamaal Shabazz.
(Courtesy Allan V. Crane/Wired868)
Phillips declined comment on any possible immigration issues with Shabazz and did not offer any reason why the Caledonia coach may not get the same opportunity as Charles. But he insisted it was not a slight on his coaching ability and reiterated that Shabazz and King may still be included in the Gold Cup backroom staff.

But what if Beenhakker did not feel comfortable with Charles? Would it mean that the Dutchman could end up holding try-outs for local coaches on the eve of the Confederation’s showcase tournament?

“We are focusing on Hutson,” said Phillips, “and after that bridge is crossed we will determine (our next move).”

The uncertainty among the technical staff is not helped by the fact that they have hardly had a salary this year. Wired868 was reliably informed that the national coaches and other backroom staff members are owed between $90,000 and $230,000 for services provided to the TTFA.

Photo: A Trinidad and Tobago technical staff member sleeps at the international airport in Helsinki this month, during a 12-hour lay-over.
The unpaid technical staff conducted two training sessions with the Warriors this week, despite not knowing if they will be on the plane to the United States themselves.

Tim Kee said he is working feverishly to address the issue and hopes to receive the outstanding money to pay his staff from the Ministry of Sport next Tuesday.

Although Tim Kee and Phillips were responsible for settling an inherited seven-year bonus dispute with the 2006 Soca Warriors last month, the TTFA president suggested that the coaches’ salary was a Government responsibility.

“I went to the Ministry (of Sport) just today and I hope that they honour their debts just like we did with the Soca Warriors,” said Tim Kee. “Those technical members cannot give their optimum unless they are happy with how they are treated…

“I am not the type of person who would be comfortable with monies being owed to people. That is not a back burner issue; it is very much a front burner issue for me.”

But Tim Kee made it clear that his drive to raise funds for Beenhakker’s wages was not related to the money owed to the present staff.

“Corporate entities won’t give money to pay debts,” he said.

The Warriors continue training under the present staff on Monday June 17 from 9.30 am at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:07:40 PM by Bakes »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2013, 04:04:22 AM »
The Tim-kerman: TTFA president explains Beenhakker move
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Italian coach Claudio Ranieri’s penchant for chopping and changing his first team at Chelsea, even when his squad was on a successful run, earned him the sobriquet of “The Tinkerman.”
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee, who took the helm of the local football body last November, cannot be accused of being afraid to rock the boat or indecisive either.
In December 2012, less than a month into his tenure, Tim Kee controversially inserted then Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and Guyana national head coach Jamaal Shabazz into the Trinidad and Tobago squad and made him co-head coach alongside former “Strike Squad” standout Hutson “Barber” Charles.
And, just three weeks before kick off in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Tim Kee sees similarities in his decision to add former Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker to the technical staff.
“When I asked Jamaal to join Charles at the Caribbean Cup (finals),” Tim Kee told Wired868, “we had qualified at the lower level but I felt Jamaal could provide assistance at that stage. Jamaal came in and the rest is history.
“But now looking at the US and Mexico and Panama and Haiti and these teams who are waiting for us in the Gold Cup, I am not completely comfortable with the belief that Jamaal and Hutson can take the team at that level. Because there is nothing after (the last) 10 games that suggests they could.”
Within the aforementioned 10 games Tim Kee referenced was a 2-1 Caribbean Cup group stage triumph over the Dominican Republic that assured the Warriors of its first Gold Cup finals in six years as well as a semi-final penalty shoot-out win over Martinique. In the Caribbean Cup finals, it took a sudden death goal from gifted Cuban attacker Marcel Hernandez to sink Trinidad and Tobago after an error by Warriors custodian Jan-Michael Williams.
Since then, though, the Warriors have not won a match or scored a goal with one draw and five losses from six outings in 2013.

Read more...

PRODUCTIONNNNNNNN.....Tim Kee..I like this article..it relly give some insight into Tim Kee....wait ah lil too long but better late than never....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>