March 28, 2024, 02:40:53 AM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 78607 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #450 on: June 18, 2013, 11:41:58 AM »
If he coming back, I hope he brings a young coaching staff with him. Maybe Koeman or Rijkard.

Deeks Koeman & Rjkaard past the assistant stage. In their own right they are head coaches

I love this forum.

CO-SIGNNNNNN D BEST IN D WORLD
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nakhid blasts TTFA over coaching changes
« Reply #451 on: June 22, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
Dear TTFA: David Nakhid’s scathing open letter on coaching changes.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868.com).

Former Trinidad and Tobago national football team captain and Caribbean MVP, David Nakhid, writes an open letter to TTFA/TTFF personnel past and present, Everald “Gally” Cummings, Anton Corneal, Raymond Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillip.

Gentlemen,

Full disclosure: There is only one member of the former TTFF regime whose hand I used to shake without immediately pouring myself a generous helping of sanitizer or heading off, if the situation allowed it, to the washroom sink. That man was Raymond Tim Kee.

As for the other actors or by-standers in the now sadly familiar scenario, I consider them genuine colleagues with Anton Corneal being a childhood friend.

Turned off by public apathy, I had sworn that never again would I touch certain matters pertaining to football in Trinidad and Tobago. But when you, Raymond, produced your best Jack Warner impression by declaring that you could not pay the outstanding salaries of the ones who have already served their tenure with monies sourced from the private sector, I did a double take.

And when you added insult to injury by stating that, upon their arrival, you propose to fund the newly appointed coaches’ salaries from the same source, I told myself, like the calypsonians, that yuh trying to force mih hand and so ah put on mih guns again.

Let’s be clear from the start, Raymond, Sheldon and Anton: as president, general secretary and technical director respectively, I do not dispute that, together, you have the authority to hire and fire whomever you want whenever you want, in the full knowledge that John Public will judge you on the basis of your decisions and either laud or criticize you.

You do not, however, have the right to be duplicitous in your behaviour and your utterances towards the staff who served under you. In other words, before you cavalierly embrace the new coaches you deem it necessary to hire at this point, you have a damned responsibility to pay the ones who have already served their money.

I am, of course, taking you at your word, Raymond, and assuming that you genuinely want to turn a new leaf and not continue the crooked and corrupt legacy of your self-serving predecessors. Why would you want to humiliate Hutson (Charles) and Jamal (Shabazz) by requiring them to be interviewed for staff jobs?

If either one agrees to this, then, in my opinion, he deserves to be fired!

But did you, Sheldon, really think this one through? If Mr Beenhakker, then why not “Gally” (Everald Cummings)? Let me explain.

As coaches, both men are way, way past their sell-by dates and their only current claim to fame is popularity with the T&T footballing public; one can understand why. Like Moses, one of them took us close to the mountain top and showed us a glimpse of what our potential could bring. Like Joshua, the other led us all the way to the Promise Land but there was not any milk and honey there, not in footballing terms anyway.

That success, Sheldon, was an isolated event in “Joshua’s” last 20 years; since then, his footballing ideas—or lack of them—have earned him the distinction of being declared persona non grata in several countries and clubs. The truth is that the game has moved well past Don Leo and left him standing.

As a motivator, he is easily the best I have seen. That is the main reason why I recommended him to (former national team manager) Richard Brathwaite and Jack Warner since 1994. But there was no shortage of footballing talent on the national scene then; sadly, it is no longer that way.

So that to hire “the Don” at a time when a serious effort is needed in youth development is, well, almost laughable; you might just as well go with the far less expensive Gally.

Let me then quickly remind you, Sheldon, that, despite his many, oft-repeated protestations to the contrary, Gally was mainly responsible for T&T’s not getting to Italy. He was the coach and that, as we say in football, is the end line. He, however, continues to talk as if, under his tenure, a new type of football was invented, not to mention his outlandish boast about fostering national unity.

It’s hard to say which of these two is more laughable.

Gally, you were one of my earliest footballing heroes. Unfortunately for us both, I grew up and came to get first-hand experience of your “coaching” and your decisions as a coach. Let me say without rancour and with profound sadness, you simply are not a national team coach at any level.

I must here concede that, although Warner did it for all the wrong reasons, his decision to remove you as national coach and then keep you sidelined was probably the only good footballing decision made by the then TTFA Secretary.

Because, Gally, missing out on a World Cup even if by a single point will never be “success,” no matter how you have embellished the story as the years rolled on. Here’s a detail that you have conveniently omitted which I think the country needs to be reminded of: with the help of Warner and a few others, you sidelined a player whose only sin was to question your tactics, tactics which were, as November 19 amply demonstrated, eminently questionable.

While you and Warner told all and sundry what a bad player—and person—I was, at the peak of my career in Europe, I was blacklisted nationally for all of five years. The evidence of my career as a national team player from the mid-nineties made you eat your words, so tell me, on what basis have you been arguing for your return?

Finally, Sheldon, let me advise you to avoid populist decisions that lack vision. Consult. You and I both know that you have access to a veritable footballing think-tank. You know of whom I speak, the (Iain) Bains, the (Alvin) Hendersons, the (Ken) Butchers et al.

Did you discuss these latest appointments with them or did you just speak to Anton and dad (Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips)? I repeat, the decision was yours to make but what about the context? What about, for instance, the emphasis that your dad (one of my football mentors) placed on coaching development while he served (albeit with tied hands) as technical director? Has that gone out the window?

Now to end with you, Anton. What is your position on the appointment of the two new coaches? Stop hiding behind the other two and tell us:  Were you part of that decision-making disaster to have dual coaches in Jamaal and Hutson? And do you think that you have a lot to learn from the Dutchman? You do?

Well, brother, I have news for you. If, after all these years and now as technical director, you have not formed your own coaching identity and your own philosophy about this beautiful game is not yet clear inside your head and in your soul, something is wrong.

If you don’t yet feel you have the strength to tell whomever that this is not the right way forward in our football development, then something may be wrong with me.

But, truth be told, I think I’m okay.

Your brother in football,

David.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:26:51 AM by Flex »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid blasts TTFA over coaching changes
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
Wow! Talk about coming out of the woodwork!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
Well nobody can accuse Nakhid of pulling his punches.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
Where he come from? Stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »
I want some ah dem guns Nakhid have so ah could join een.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »
Nakhid have axe to grind... at least where Gally is concerned.

Here’s a detail that you have conveniently omitted which I think the country needs to be reminded of: with the help of Warner and a few others, you sidelined a player whose only sin was to question your tactics, tactics which were, as November 19 amply demonstrated, eminently questionable.

ANY coach would have "sidelined" any player who questions his tactics.  The criticism of the moves ring hollow and the criticism of Beenhakker's age seems particularly devoid of logic.  He's not being hired to coach the national team beyond the Gold Cup.  Nakhid is either unaware of the details, or they remain lost on him.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
mr nakhid should come back and coach and take part in the bachhanal, since his riding partners are men he can shake hands with  :D

asylumseeker, what you think about this? :o

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
If I remember correctly , didnot this same Nakhid get himself in trouble in the Middle east with his same bad arse attitude and rude behavior and the government had to send an official to rescue him from jail? Personally I believe he s missing a screw and has some attitude problems . He was not all that skillful either and was dispensable. Rude and undisciplined and I don't believe any coach will stand for  that.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »
Cummings should have forgotten his professionalism for the match against USA in 1989 and played Nakhid,we would have then qualified for 1990 in Italy.Nakhid may not have been skillful like some of the players but his game would have been more of a threat to the USA than some of our players who wanted to dance their way through the USA defence.They were using  3 and sometimes 4 extra touches,I was just amazed that Cummings could not change those tactics in the second half and bring on Nakhid,Cummings was sacked after that and rightly so.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2013, 06:19:28 PM »
Nakhid sound as bitter as Gally. Every body bitter. They cah eat ah food too so everybody vex. Amazing how everybody knows the answer to all our problems. Where Nakhid suddenly awake from? Where was his voice before?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »
Cummings should have forgotten his professionalism for the match against USA in 1989 and played Nakhid,we would have then qualified for 1990 in Italy.Nakhid may not have been skillful like some of the players but his game would have been more of a threat to the USA than some of our players who wanted to dance their way through the USA defence.They were using  3 and sometimes 4 extra touches,I was just amazed that Cummings could not change those tactics in the second half and bring on Nakhid,Cummings was sacked after that and rightly so.

how could he bring on nakhid in the 2nd half when he wasnt on the squad?

anyway, while nakhid deserved to be on the strike squad based on talent and experience, it is obvious he wasnt a teamplayer so gally had valid reasons for ignoring him.  that being said Gally made mistakes as a coach and the reasons behind them were not as strong as his reason for ignoring nakhid.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Lasana, time to get some new people to interview, you keep digging up de same ole creole mentality people who hate te TTFF in good and bad.

Nakhid is a traitor for Bahrain he should be de last to talk.

No wonder Gally ban he ass from de T&T team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »
When you guys realise that all Lasana writes about is hate or negative stuff then you will see what he is really about.

Never nothing positive and this have nothing to do with Jack.

But nothing is never good with this guy.

All this for hits.

Nakhid sold his soul for peanuts a long time ago.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
Nakhid u have more issues than d issues live. If yuh did just agree to play on d shell squad back in 89 Gally would  have seen yuh and u would have made d strike squad. However, because u were playing 4 Liverpool and in demand by Everton and played in the FA Final that year u felt that u should have made d squad.

OOPS my bad is K.S.V. Waregem  in the Belguian League the best league in the world at the time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
Granted Nahkid might have a lil personal thing with Gally (and rightly so) I glad he write this letter. If only to remind people about Gally when he want to open he mouth and cry bout being blacklisted, if he was more professional back then who knows how far he woulda reach (or taken us) as a coach??

When yuh get call for a Nashy spot? Be happy and hush yuh cyat and take whatever de coach (no matter how jokey/senseless/unprofessional) dishes out...see Lester Peltier!!

Also if yuh going all out on de field and playing like the pro you are, and turn around and question de coach, how does that make you not a team player??

I wonder if Gally does study what if he had used Nakhid back then?

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2013, 04:47:38 AM »
Cummings decided to leave Nakhid out because he knew the line-up he had was capable of beating anybody in Central America at the time,i'll bet if TTs team were not so strong he would have played Nakhid regardless of the dicipline problems.Cummings should have played DN and when we qualified then teach him a lesson by not selecting him for Italy,even the Americans knew that they had very little or no chance,if we had a better coach we would have qualified,TT just wanted to walk the ball into the net.Cummings had a team that could be easily be described as the best ever TT football team and he could not get us anywhere,he wasn't what people like to think he was.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
Head coach is a merry-go-round position.  Nobody should be surprised that a change was made, but damn yuh can't not pay them.  Talk about unprofessional.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »
Man who sell out and try to keep we out of WC 2006 should not be spewing platitudes of injustice. At the thought that just maybe we may be on the right track man want to see we pull backwards.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
Where he come from? Stueps

Nakhid have every right to say this. We would never come out of the doldrums with the same mentality over and over

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »
I reading  some inconsistencies in some of these posts. Most people saying they happy that Stephan Hart got the job. Yet they agreeing with Nakhid. If that is the case, then TTFA should not have had Hart and Beenie Man. I have no issue with David voicing his opinion.  The TTFA work is now beginning. Granted that they moving too slow for most of us. They have to get the NT ready for the GC, and some of the moves maybe short term for this tournament. Let us see what they presnt in the near future as to their long term plans. Not only for the senior team, but for the women teams also. Where they got the money for Hart and Beenie is a mystery to me. And not paying Shabazz and Charles on time is a traversty after what took place with the WC team. I would like to get some answers on the TTFA latest moves.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »
mr nakhid should come back and coach and take part in the bachhanal, since his riding partners are men he can shake hands with  :D

Nakhid is bacchanal........why is Lasana interviewing someone he knows try to sell us out against Bahrain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
F00ck Nakid and Shabazz.

Hart and Beenhakker all de way, who vex loss.

But Tim, pay de fellas though, do something different to de other, move professional.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »

Nakhid is bacchanal........why is Lasana interviewing someone he knows try to sell us out against Bahrain.
yeah nakhid could be the head director of footballing technicalities.  :D But in all seriousness from the board early days we know that nakhid is a fella that split the board in two (those who like and dislike). Lasana have to fall in the like category b/c he (Nakhid) is one of the few people who doh hold water in he mouth when it come to T&T football (in the early days even Gally mouth hold plenty water till he realize that jack blacklist him :) ).
A general endorsement of timKey by Nakhid almost lead me to have hope in Raymond. If he sort out the Shabbaz and Barber scene like he said he would, then for no me there is no reason left to not throw my support behind the new TTFA president and actually hope for abrighter future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »

I think it is vintage Nakhid. :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »
Turned off by public apathy, I had sworn that never again would I touch certain matters pertaining to football in Trinidad and Tobago. But when you, Raymond, produced your best Jack Warner impression by declaring that you could not pay the outstanding salaries of the ones who have already served their tenure with monies sourced from the private sector, I did a double take.

... Perhaps there will be an about-face with respect to politics also. For those who like to shoot the messenger ...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:51 AM »
He spend too much time bad talking Gally. Made the rest of his points lose their relevance.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »
dat article belong in "Crab In Barrel" magazine. nahkid should stick to de bahrain football scene.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #478 on: June 25, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
F00ck Nakid and Shabazz.

Hart and Beenhakker all de way, who vex loss.

But Tim, pay de fellas though, do something different to de other, move professional.

:applause:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Nakhid boy, my T&T footballer. We miss the boat with this fella. Closest player to his technical ability is Hyland but not as cerebral. Nakhid is to T&T what Makalele was to RM on his way out in terms of appreciation.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>