March 28, 2024, 02:13:46 AM

Author Topic: Zonal Football League Thread  (Read 34451 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Zonal Football League Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2020, 07:50:32 AM »
Gosine stands firm as president.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

SHYMDEO GOSINE is standing firm as president of the Central Football Association (CFA), even though seven out of nine member clubs have called for his removal by noon on Monday.

According to a letter issued to Gosine by CFA general secretary Clynt Taylor, the seven clubs (Central Soccer World, Compadres FC, Family Soccer FC, Real Central FC, Arima Tigers FC, SME Titans FC and Latchu Trace Youth) all agreed, via a digital signature, for Gosine to step down.

Orange Field Firehouse SC and Harlem Strikers FC did not sign the letter.

The letter stated, “The members are demanding his resignation by noon May 25 or he will be removed by the clubs in accordance with the provisions of the constitution.”

When contacted on Monday afternoon, Gosine said, “There is a guy (Taylor) who has not been the general secretary since December, who still has the instruments that we’ve asked him to drop off at the president’s office. He never did.

“There is a letter that has some club names and it referred to something virtual. It doesn’t hold any water. It doesn’t have an (iota) of legality to it. There is nothing about it that I would be bothered (about).”

Asked if this move may be perceived as a witch-hunt against him by CFA member clubs, Gosine replied, “I have nothing against (anybody), and I’m not worried about any witch-hunt. I’m in football, not to glorify myself. I don’t need anything from football. I’m not bothered by that nonsense that they write.”

Taylor was the first vice-president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) from November 24, 2019.

But that executive, led by William Wallace, was removed by FIFA in March, due to mounting debts, and replaced by a normalisation committee headed by Robert Hadad.

Gosine also featured at the November 24, 2019 TTFA elections, under the slate of fellow businessman Richard Ferguson. But Gosine lost to Joseph Sam Phillip in the race to become the TTFA third vice-president.

Taylor said on Monday, “Mr Gosine don’t have the authority as president to fire me. I have not resigned as secretary. Under our constitution, the only way a secretary can be hired (is if) the president proposes somebody. But the board does the hiring.

“He can propose the firing of a secretary but only the board does the firing,” Taylor added. “And the board has not agreed to do that. Mr Gosine has been bitter since (his loss) in the TTFA elections. He hasn’t been speaking to (most) of his board members.”

Asked if this matter revolves around a power struggle between himself and Gosine, Taylor responded, “Not at all. I am not about power. I’m about making sure things are done right. I do not care about having a name or a title. However, (CFA) are in a mess. How can you be a president and not talk to your members, and making decisions on your own?”

Taylor pointed out that the letter was sent to him by the member clubs, who expressed their desire to have a change at the helm of the CFA.

Leroy Davis, a representative of Central Soccer World, explained his club’s decision to support the move to oust Gosine from office.

“The league has been dormant. There is a major problem with the president. We are the (leaders) of the (2020 season) and we haven’t collected any money.

“So, we just make a stand and decide we want somebody to run the league better. That’s the main reason for removing the president.”

Davis said that the jackpot for the 2020 season was $15,000.

He said, “We had an excellent season last year. This year, there has been (an) administrative problem in the league, the board has been fighting each other. I think that’s what spoilt the league this year.

“The board is split in two,” Davis continued. “The majority of the board are supporting the secretary who is Taylor. This has nothing to do with the TTFA and the normalisation committee.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »
NFA membership calls for AGM or EGM to move forward.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

The membership of the Northern Football Association (NFA) is demanding that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Election of Officers, which have been postponed earlier this year, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, be held and a new executive is elected to manage their affairs.

Guardian Media Sports was informed on Monday by an associate who is involved with the developments that a petition was signed by 14 out of the 19 First Division clubs, was delivered to the executive early last month calling for an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to decide on the way forward for the association if the AGM is not called.

Anthony Harford, who was president at the time, resigned last month saying that the sport in T&T had been at the end of a severe beating and he could no longer stand the blows. However, he promised to honour protocol and be at the AGM when it is called, to hand over to his successor.

Rashawn Mars, the association's secretary, in the absence of the president, was given the responsibility of convening the AGM but has refused to call it.

Among, the 14 clubs calling for an AGM or EGM are — Combine FC, Harvard Sports and Cultural Club, Morvant Elements, Miscellaneous Laventille, RSSR, Petit Valley, Patna River Estate FC, St Francois, Trendsetter Hawks, Seekers FC, Frontline FC and Belmont FC among others.

However, four clubs, Cultural Roots, Malvern, Cantaro FC and North Coast, did not sign the petition.

The members are demanding answers as to why there were no prize monies for the past three years, even though there was a sponsor, and why did clubs have to pay registration if that amount was taken care of.

Harford in his resignation letter, admit that prize monies for 2019 were not paid, and said: "I will discuss any matters outstanding and look forward to a smooth transition. These matters were not discussed earlier because the architect of the change taking place in the NFA, did not show up for planned meetings with the executive.”

Trendsetter Hawks coach Anthony Wickham who is better known as 'Dada' said there has been growing discontent within the NFA and the AGM but said he was given an assurance that an executive meeting, which was originally scheduled for last weekend, will be held this coming weekend and it will be used to decide on a date for the AGM.

'Dada' who is known around the country for his talent in coaching football, noted that he will not express further until the executive meeting is held. He confirmed however that prize monies for last year were not paid out.

Contacted Mars said his executive cannot call any meeting because of the COVID-19 lockdown, and gave the assurance that once the restrictions are lifted the AGM will be called.

"This was communicated to the members over a month ago. Holding an AGM requires a lot of people and because there is a 15-person limit given by the government due to the coronavirus. We are unable to do it. I don't know why they are forcing something that cannot happen."

Mars, who said he was confused by the petition, explained that the AGM had been called since September 2 but the lockdown forced its postponement.

He described the NFA as one of the most organised associations in T&T football, saying any member interested in finding out about the finances of the association can come into his office and see for themselves.

Mars called on his members to read the constitution of the NFA and understand it, saying all their concerns will be alleviated if this happens.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
Desperate NFA clubs write to CoP.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Desperation has stepped in among the membership of the Northern Football Association (NFA).

Some 14 out of the 19 clubs have vowed to take any action necessary to run their own affairs in the league, as the executive has not acceded to their request for this year's annual general meeting (AGM) and election of a new executive, which they feel can take place at a venue that is big enough and suitable for the coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.

Anthony Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach who is the driving force behind this new development in the zone, said they have stepped up their demand for the AGM and election since things have been opening out with regards to the COVID-19 restrictions in sports, saying: "When it is fully opened up, they do not want to be caught behind in the zone."

The clubs are planning to exercise their rights to call an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) where the election of officers can take place at a venue to be determined.

On Monday, the clubs wrote to Commissioner of Police (CoP) Gary Griffith seeking permission to hold a meeting of the general membership, at which time a decision will be taken to hold an EGM to decide on a new executive, Wickham said adding that for the EGM to be held the members will need to get 75 per cent support of the membership, as stated in the constitution.

The Trendsetter Hawks coach has ruled out holding the election via a virtual meeting, saying for the election of officers, there is need for a secret-ballot process.

"We have more than 75 per cent support at this time, so we are now waiting on a response from the Commissioner of Police to know if the meeting can take place at a facility where all the COVID-19 restriction can be adhered to," said Wickham, who is also passionately known as Dada.

He told Guardian Media Sports they will also write to Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the Ministry of Health Dr Roshan Parasram.

The clubs have repeatedly called on the general secretary of the NFA, Rashawn Mars, to call the AGM and election which was initially carded to be held in September but had to be postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Mars too has repeatedly said that no gathering can take place without the permission of the CMO and the government.

Wickham said they will even consider holding the meeting among the membership virtually, but not the elections.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2020, 07:59:50 PM »
Ross Russell, Richard Piper to contest NFA elections on December 12th
T&T Guardian

Former national goalkeeper Ross Russell is set to contest the position of presidency of the Northern Football Association (NFA) on December 12 at the Cascadia Hotel in St Ann’s. 

The annual general meeting (AGM) and elections were scheduled after Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith gave the okay for a venue where proper social-distancing and sanitisation to deal with the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, can take place. 

Russell, who was a former national goalkeeper coach, is set to be contested by Richard Piper, a former national manager and football administrator, who has worked for many years under then NFA president Anthony Harford at All Sport Promotions. 

Piper’s slate will comprise Derek Edwards, the Petit Valley Diego Martin United manager as his first vice president and Tristan Charles, the manager of Santa Cruz united as his second vice president.

Russell, on the other hand, has only confirmed Anthony Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach, as his first vice president. Confirmation of their second vice president will be announced soon. 

Russell told Guardian Media Sports he took up the challenge to run for the presidency after he observed the interest of club participation, spectator- excitement and sponsorship in northern football have all totally disappeared.

“So I say let me come and try something to help out,” Russell said. “I expect my greatest challenge to be from the top right to the bottom. I will seek to help clubs secure their own home grounds and thereby prevent the large number of matches from being played at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain. These venues must all be equipped with dressing rooms and toilet facilities etc.”

Guardian Media Sports was made to understand that a potential sponsor for the NFA 2021 has been found and talks are ongoing to make the League one of the best run in years. 

Russell said another area of keen interest for him is bringing back the community spirit, which he believes will be of critical importance to the zone.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2020, 02:51:18 AM »
Both good people - every time I talked to Ross he was about the potential for local football, especially on the Diego Martin Rec grounds. He was always inspiring with his vision of the future of football there.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2020, 07:31:41 PM »
Both good people - every time I talked to Ross he was about the potential for local football, especially on the Diego Martin Rec grounds. He was always inspiring with his vision of the future of football there.

Richard has the experience at all levels & probablt better suited
Ross seems like a respectable and genuine individual. Just have to watch out for who is behind the scenes with him calling the shots .

Ross Russell may be the bigger name but in terms of the role at stake, Richard Piper is def. more qualified with a wealth of experience as a referee, manager and administrator

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Harford: I am not trying to stop NFA meeting, progress
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2020, 09:03:23 AM »
Harford: I am not trying to stop NFA meeting, progress
T&T Guardian

Outgoing, Northern Football Association (NFA) president, Anthony Harford says the current zone executive is making no effort to stop a planned meeting for its existing club membership and is proceeding with the annual general meeting (AGM) before the end of this year.

Harford, who in October resigned his position as the NFA boss which will take effect at the next AGM, made the statement via a media release sent on Friday in response to claims by former national goalkeeper Ross Russell, one of the two candidates for the role of president that he observed the interest of club participation, spectator- excitement and sponsorship in northern football have all totally disappeared in the NFA.

Russell, a former winning coach with Defence Force in the T&T Pro League, is set to contest the position of presidency of the NFA against national team administrator Richard Piper on December 12 at the Cascadia Hotel in St Ann’s.

The AGM and elections were scheduled after Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith gave the okay for a venue where proper social-distancing and sanitisation to deal with the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, can take place.

Richard Piper, a former national manager, who has worked for many years under Harford at All Sport Promotions has a slate comprising Derek Edwards, the Petit Valley Diego Martin United manager (first vice president) and Tristan Charles, the manager of Santa Cruz United as his second vice president.

Russell, on the other hand, has only confirmed Anthony “Dada” Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach, as his first vice president. Confirmation of their second vice president will be announced soon.

Speaking earlier this week Russell told Guardian Media Sports he took up the challenge to run to see if he can come and try doing something to help out the clubs.

He said, “I expect my greatest challenge to be from the top right to the bottom. I will seek to help clubs secure their own home grounds and thereby prevent the large number of matches from being played at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain. These venues must all be equipped with dressing rooms and toilet facilities etc.”

Guardian Media Sports was made to understand that a potential sponsor for the NFA 2021 has been found and talks are ongoing to make the League one of the best run in years.

Russell said another area of keen interest for him is bringing back the community spirit, which he believes will be of critical importance to the zone.

But in response, Harford first pointed out that when he was voted into office unopposed in 2016, the executive with which he has been serving were also voted in then.

“None of them belonging to a ‘slate’ of any kind and it has been an exceptional pleasure working with this group of committed individuals. We made a commitment to serve one more term if elected at the end of the first term, in September 2020.

“However, I was advised by three clubs that they feel the association needs more progressive management and they are interested in putting forward a ‘slate’. I immediately told the clubs, as president I serve at their pleasure and I would comply and within 24 hours I tendered my resignation and committed I would not be contesting the position.

“I informed the secretary to plan for the AGM, while I wrote to the T&T Football Association’s (TTFA) Normalisation Committee to have an invigilator/supervisor attend and certify the election results.

“I received a letter from the TTFA instructing that we could not proceed with the election until after FIFA rules on the impasse with the TTFA. This was relayed to clubs, so we remained in office pending clearance.

“Once the FIFA matter was cleared I wrote again to the TTFA and last week received a letter indicating we can now proceed with the AGM and that the TTFA will supply an invigilator for the elections.

Harford advised that the secretary is now preparing all his documents and will announce the date and venue by this weekend including the nomination of candidates and the elections within the prescribed period.

He said: “The NFA has followed all the rules to date and is not resisting change, the election is supposed to do that. The zone openly admits it’s indebtedness to clubs but this is regrettable as our three fundraisers carded for this year to raise the funds have been postponed due to the pandemic.

“We have told the clubs we remain committed to meeting the obligation as soon as clearances are given to host events. It costs the zone roughly 260,000 annually to operate. In 2018 we received a grant of $75,000, the rest of the monies always come from fundraisers.

“The zone remains puzzled by some clubs bent on hosting their own meeting this weekend. The zone is making no effort to stop the meeting but we are proceeding with the AGM before the end of 2020 when we welcome a new executive to run the business of the NFA.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
NFA AGM, elections unsure Saturday.

It is unsure whether the annual general meeting (AGM) and election of officers of the Northern Football Association (NFA) will take place today as planned at the Cascadia Hotel in St Ann's.

Anthony 'Dada' Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach who is the first vice president on a slate being led by former national goalkeeper coach Ross Russell, said as far as he knows, the elections are on, with a starting time of 10 am.

But Richard Piper, president of the opposing slate which also comprises Derek Edwards (first vice president) and Rodney Stowe (second vice president), told Guardian Media Sports hesitantly that he is unsure if there will be an election today. Piper is bidding to replace his former boss and working colleague at All Sports Promotions - Anthony Harford, who resigned in October.

However, Wickham, seeking his foray into the area of administration, said officials from Piper's slate have been attempting to get the elections postponed to December 28 because they are unprepared.

According to Wickham: "I just got a call from one of the officials on their side asking me to put off the elections, asking me to put off the election until the 28th, because some of the clubs tell themselves they were not ready.

"For the last couple of days, what they were trying to do, they have been carrying around a petition trying to get clubs to sign on, to see if they could get nine signatures to stop the election. 'Alyuh' (They're) calling around to tell people don't come to the election because the election date is on the 28th."

Yesterday, Edwards said that 'Dada' and his team are attempting to go against the date set by the NFA executive, which is December 28.

"The December 12 date was set by Dada's team and a potential sponsor, which is in violation of the constitutionally set election date," Edwards said explaining that the December 12 date was set while a petition was being circulated by the majority of the clubs for the election to take place.

Nine clubs would represent more than a 50 per cent majority of the general membership required to stop the meeting, as there are 17 clubs in northern football.

With the NFA's AGM being postponed since September 2 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Wickham's desire to elect a new administration took him to the Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith, who later gave him permission for a face-to-face meeting to be held at the St Ann's venue.

Meanwhile, Russell said he will be confident going into the election today, saying the clubs will decide on who they want to run the affairs of the sport for them.

"I am excited because it is a new position for me, I have been in coaching but never really in management, so it's the dawn of something new for me. There is a lot to do, first, there is the youth programme that has to get back on stream. The youth programme has been out for two years I believe, and I have a good team behind me that will ensure the programme gets back on track."

Meanwhile, Hardford, president of the NFA who said, "The Northern Football Association (NFA) executive met following a petition from several clubs in the North Zone and set December 28, 2020, for the Zone meeting according to the constitution. This date was sent to the TTFA normalisation committee which has agreed to this date and will be sending adjudicators for the meeting."

Harford told Guardian Media Sports yesterday that he will not be standing for re-election and will be standing down at the AGM on December 28. He said has no knowledge of any other meeting and if the clubs have a meeting planned among themselves, he has no information about that. He said if anyone needs any information on the AGM, they can contact Rayshaun Mars, the NFA general secretary.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No quorum at NFA meeting
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2020, 08:41:23 AM »
No quorum at NFA meeting
By Keith Clement (T&T Guardian)

Rayshawn Mars, the general secretary of the Northern Football Association (NFA), said yesterday's meeting which was called by some clubs in the zone was not convened by the general secretary according to the zone's constitution.

Mars said he did not attend the meeting because no invitation was sent to the management of the zone.

Asked if the meeting was constitutionally called, Mars responded: "While clubs do have a natural right to do so there was a number of flaws from the get-go with the petition all the way to their handling of setting things in place 'according' to the constitution, that was flawed."

In response to how many clubs need to request a meeting. and the general secretary needs to respond as outlined in the constitution, Mars stated: "Fifty (50) per cent or more and yes the office of the secretariat has acknowledged their request at least in communication."

Asked if today's (December 12 meeting) was called according to the NFA constitution, he responded: "There were numerous flaws as for the meeting today. The time frame for instance they did not allow for the constitutionally recommended amount of time to lapse to have a legal meeting. The AGM is scheduled for 28th of December 2020."

However, yesterday's meeting which had on its agenda the election of officers did not have a quorum and has been rescheduled for December 26.

Anthony 'Dada' Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach, told Guardian Media Sports after the meeting was called off that, "Only seven clubs were present in which six had voting rights, so we had no quorum, so the meeting will now be held on December 26 (Boxing Day). The constitution says the reconvened meeting must take place 14 days after which is Boxing day. It will be held at the same venue at 10.30 am."

Wickham said that the clubs who attended were Trendsetter Hawks, Elements, Seekers, Laventille Utd, RSSR, and Partner Village. Real West Fort, the club of former national standout Ron LaForest, was also present but without voting rights.

Wickham's slate which comprises Ross Russell (president); Wickham and Rodney Stowe (vice presidents), Michael Thomas (assistant secretary - Admin) and Nevick Denoon  (assistant secretary - Operations) with Kareem Paul and Dexter Harris as ordinary members.

Meanwhile, Derek Edwards of Petit Valley/Diego Martin United club explained that the slate which is led by Richard Piper will be contesting the meeting which is called by the NFA general secretary Mars for December 28.

He said that slate comprises - Richard Piper (president); Edwards and Triston Charles (vice presidents); Marvin Small (assistant secretary - Operations) while the assistant secretary - Admin is yet to be named and Mark Benny (ordinary member).

On Friday, Edwards said that Wickham's team is attempting to go against the date set by the NFA executive, which is December 28.

Also on Friday, Anthony Harford, president of the NFA told Guardian Media Sports that, "The Northern Football Association (NFA) executive met following a petition from several clubs in the North Zone and set December 28, 2020, for the Zone meeting according to the constitution. This date was sent to the TTFA normalisation committee which has agreed to this date and will be sending adjudicators for the meeting."                                                      
He said he will not be standing for re-election and will be standing down at the AGM on December 28. He said has no knowledge of any other meeting and if the clubs have a meeting planned among themselves, he has no information about that. He said if anyone needs any information on the AGM, they can contact Mars, the NFA general secretary.

Mars said, "The executive and by extension the NFA is not against change that's the only thing that is constant. On the 28th the parties that are running to hold office have an opportunity to participate in a 'free and fair' election.

"The zone has been and is always open to sponsors who want to invest in the clubs and by extension the communities that are represented. They are undeniably interrelated and as we look forward to the December 28, we are inviting the businesses and constituency office holders to play a part or for those who have been to continue to work in assisting zonal football."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 01:28:23 AM »
NFA to decide on Harford’s successor today.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Despite word that former national goalkeeper Ross Russell was elected as its new president on Boxing Day (December 26), the sitting executive of the Northern Football Association (NFA) is slated to hold its annual general meeting (AGM) which has on the agenda, the election for a new executive today.

The AGM and elections to replace the existing executive led by out-going president and well-known businessman and media personality Anthony Harford is carded to take place at the St James Youth Centre, Fort George Road, St James from 5.30 pm.

Rayshawn Mars, the general secretary of the NFA told Guardian Media Sports on Sunday that his executive was actually in the midst of preparing for tomorrow’s election which is expected to see the Anthony “Dada” Wickham-led slate go up against the slate led by football administrator and national team manager, Richard Piper.

Wickham said that the clubs who attended Saturday's meeting were Trendsetter Hawks, Elements, Seekers, Laventille Utd, RSSR, and Partner Village. Real West Fort, the club of former national standout Ron LaForest, was also present but without voting rights.

Wickham's slate comprises Russell (president); Wickham and Rodney Stowe (vice presidents), Michael Thomas (assistant secretary - Admin) and Nevick Denoon (assistant secretary - Operations) with Kareem Paul and Dexter Harris as ordinary members.

Meanwhile, Piper’s slate also includes Derek Edwards and Triston Charles (vice presidents); Marvin Small (assistant secretary - Operations); Hellwyn Junior Maxwell (assistant secretary – Admin) and Mark Benny (ordinary member).

However, there is some doubt as to whether Wickham and his team will be attendance at today’s meeting. It is understood they held their own elections on Saturday and Russell was voted in as president to replace Harford.

However, according to Mars, a former national youth goalkeeper, Saturday's meeting which was reconvened from December 12, failed meeting was not convened by the general secretary according to the zone's constitution.

Mars said as far as he is concerned, Saturday’s elections were illegal and no correspondence has been forward to any member of the current executive.

“We heard there was an election of some sort and I was told that Russell was elected, but that meeting and election was not constitutionally called.

When the first meeting was called by Wickham and his supporters on December 12 there were numerous flaws according to NGA constitution stated Mars.

Back then he said the time frame for instance did not allow for the constitutionally recommended amount of time to lapse to have a legal meeting.

The December 12 meeting which had on its agenda the election of officers did not have a quorum and was then rescheduled for December 26.

With regards to its rescheduling Wickham, the Trendsetter Hawks coach, told Guardian Media Sports then that only seven clubs were present in which six had voting rights, so we had no quorum, so the meeting will now be held on December 26 (Boxing Day). The constitution says the reconvened meeting must take place 14 days after which is Boxing day. It will be held at the same venue at 10.30 am."

But a few days later, Edwards said that Wickham's team was attempting to go against the date set by the NFA executive, which is December 28.

In addition, Harford told Guardian Media Sports that, "The Northern Football Association (NFA) executive met following a petition from several clubs in the North Zone and set December 28, 2020, for the Zone meeting according to the constitution. This date was sent to the TTFA normalisation committee which has agreed to this date and will be sending adjudicators for the meeting."

He said he will not be standing for re-election and will be standing down at the AGM on December 28. He said he had no knowledge of any other meeting and if the clubs have a meeting planned among themselves, he has no information about that. He said if anyone needs any information on the AGM, they can contact Mars, the NFA general secretary.

Mars said, "The executive and by extension the NFA is not against change that's the only thing that is constant. On the 28th the parties that are running to hold office have an opportunity to participate in a 'free and fair' election.

Upon request from interested parties, Robert Hadad, chairman of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Normalisation Committee (NC), interjected in the matter and confirmed that he had received correspondences from the NFA.

However, he said, "The Normalisation Committee is not here to take over or run any of the affiliates but we will assist them and provide advice because we must make football attractive and workable for all stakeholders."

Regarding the annual general meeting (AGM) issue in the NFA, he said, "The Board of the NFA has convened an annual general meeting (AGM) for December 28, 2020. Once a meeting is called in accordance with the constitution, the Normalisation Committee will be willing to send representatives as per any official requests for such."

Asked if the NFA executive communicated to the NC about the NFA AGM he replied, "Yes, and the date the Normalisation Committee is aware of, is December 28, 2020, and we will do what we can to assist."

The NFA elections also caught the attention of Eastern Football Association president, Kieron Edwards who had been accused of interference and violating the constitution of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

A board member of the Ascension Football League and a UNC alderman in the Arima Borough Corporation, Edwards was accused of writing to Fifa-appointed Normalisation Committee chairman Robert Hadad, on Saturday 28 November, requesting a TTFA observer for an NFA extraordinary general meeting on December, 12 to which Mars said, he Edwards had no business getting involved in.

Team Russell: Ross Russell (president), Anthony Wickham (first vice-president), Rodney Stowe (second vice-president), Michael Thomas (assistant secretary admin), Nevick Denoon (assistant secretary operations), Kareem Paul (ordinary member two), Dexter Harris (ordinary member two).

Team Piper: Richard Martin Piper (president), Tristan Charles (first vice-president), Derek Edwards (second vice-president), Hellwyn Junior Maxwell (assistant secretary admin), Marvin Small (assistant secretary operations), Mark Benny (ordinary member two), Russell Bristol (ordinary member two).

Outgoing NFA Board: Anthony Harford (president), second vice-president Glenford ‘Beetle’ Waines (St Francois Nationals), Marvin Small (Police), and Peter Rampersad (Malvern). (First vice-president Ruthven Charles (RSSR FC) passed away last year).

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 01:39:53 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »
Russell elected NFA president.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

ROSS RUSSELL is the new president of the Northern Football Association (NFA).

The former national goalkeeper was elected, on Monday night, after the association held its virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM).

Russell’s slate defeated national football team manager Richard Piper’s roster 10-6.

Anthony “Dada” Wickham and Rodney Stowe (vice presidents), Michael Thomas (assistant administrative secretary), Nevick Denoon (assistant operations secretary), Kareem Paul and Dexter Harris (ordinary members) were also appointed to the new NFA executive.

Russell’s team replaced the outgoing executive which was headed by veteran sport administrator and businessman Anthony Harford.

Harford, however, did not stand for re-election.

Piper’s slate comprised of Derek Edwards, Triston Charles, Marvin Small, Hellwyn Junior Maxwell and Mark Benny.

The NFA’s AGM was originally scheduled to take place on September 2 but was postponed owing to the pandemic.

(NFA election results)

President: Ross Russell unopposed;

First vice-president: Anthony Wickham 10 votes, Tristan Charles 6 votes;

Second vice-president: Rodney Stowe 10 votes, Derek Edwards 6 votes;

Assistant secretary admin: Michael Thomas 10 votes, Hellwyn Maxwell 6 votes;

Assistant secretary operations: Nevick Denoon 10 votes, Marvin Small 6 votes;

Ordinary member one: Kareem Paul 10 votes, Mark Benny 6 votes;

Ordinary member two: Dexter Harris 11 votes, Russell Bristol 5 votes.

RELATED NEWS

Russell is new NFA president
T&T Guardian Reports.

Finally, former national goalkeeper Ross Russell has been legally elected as the next president of the Northern Football Association (NFA) of The T&T Football Association during a meeting on Monday night in which his slate won by a landslide to secure all seven positions that were at stake to manage the zone from 2021-2023.

Russell, the La Horquetta Rangers goalkeeper coach, who was first elected president of the zone at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) arranged by Anthony “Dada” Wickham and his supporting clubs at Cascadia Hotel, St Ann’s on Boxing Day. It was a reconvened meeting after the first meeting on December 12 failed to attract a quorum.

However, that gathering was deemed to be unconstitutional by the zone since it had no information about the meeting.

Nevertheless, Russell, 53, of Diego Martin, was elected unopposed in the presence of 16 clubs at the Zone's annual general meeting which took place at the St James Youth Centre, Fort George Road, St James.

A former title-winning coach in the T&T Pro League with Defence Force, Russell was due to face off with national football administrator Richard Piper for the position, but Piper, who worked with Harford for over a decade as operations manager, cited outside interference in the zone's elections and decided not to participate and withdrew his nomination Form.

Rayshaun Mars, the out-going general secretary of the NFA told Guardian Media Sports on Tuesday that Piper informed the executive off his decision to pull out of the race for the presidency on Sunday evening, and they were only informed of that decision via the third party during their preparations for Monday’s elections.

The meeting also had to address the issue of the nominations Forms which were not completed according to the requirements of the constitution.

However, Wickham made a motion to have the Forms accepted and he was successful with 14 clubs voting in supports of it and two abstaining.

According to Mars, "We stuck to the agenda everything went smoothly. For the incomplete nomination Forms. Wickham called me to resubmit corrected Forms, I informed him that the deadline had already passed and it's only on the 28th he can address the issue. A motion was put to the floor for the members to accept the corrected forms that needed a two-thirds majority vote to allow any changes on election day. At the end, 14 clubs voted for the motion and two abstained. We then proceeded with the elections."

He said, "At the end of the day, all that was said and done what was acknowledged was that the right thing "is the right thing. NFA's AGM and the election came off smoothly a new executive was installed and I want to take this time to congratulate Ross and his BoM and wish them success in their future endeavours in the Zone."

Akel Baig, a former player with Morvant Caledonia United, will replace Mars as the zone's new general secretary.

As promised, Robert Hadad, chairman of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Normalisation Committee (NC) provided neutral observers for the meeting with Secondary Schools Football League general secretary Azaad Mohammed Khan, who served as the returning officer, with support from chairman of the SSFL East Zone, Merrere Gonzales and former football official and T&T Football Referees Association vice-president Osmond Downer.

THE 2021-23 NFA EXECUTIVE

President: Ross Russell unopposed

First vice-president

Anthony Wickham 10 votes, Tristan Charles 6 votes

Second vice-president

Rodney Stowe 10 votes, Derek Edwards 6 votes

Assistant secretary administration

Michael Thomas 10 votes, Hellwyn Maxwell 6 votes

Assistant secretary operations

Nevick Denoon 10 votes, Marvin Small 6 votes

Ordinary Member 1

Kareem Paul 10 votes, Mark Benny 6 votes

Ordinary Member 2

Dexter Harris 11 votes, Russell Bristol 5 votes.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 05:04:46 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 08:22:33 AM »

Ross seems like a respectable and genuine individual. Just have to watch out for who is behind the scenes with him calling the shots .

Ross Russell may be the bigger name but in terms of the role at stake, Richard Piper is def. more qualified with a wealth of experience as a referee, manager and administrator

Hugely favorable odds for these comments to be revisited. Just a matter of when and how often, but no doubt as to if.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »

Hugely favorable odds for these comments to be revisited. Just a matter of when and how often, but no doubt as to if.

Meaning?

Nothing against Ross Russell
The ones behind him are the ones to worry about

So if you wanna say sthg, better direct than what you trying to do

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2020, 06:07:31 PM »

Meaning?

Nothing against Ross Russell
The ones behind him are the ones to worry about

So if you wanna say sthg, better direct than what you trying to do

Why the defensive response? May be wise to read my comment again without me responding substantively. And re-read your own post to which I was responding.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:11:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2020, 08:45:26 AM »
Disappointed on the lack of procedural clarity - it would have been better to have a proper vote, but I'm happy and excited to see what Ross can do.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2021, 01:01:03 PM »
Harford congratulates Russell.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Former president of the Northern Football Association (NFA) Anthony Harford has extended congratulations to the newly elected executive of the NFA on Thursday.

Harford, the immediate Past president wrote: "On behalf of the beaten executive at the NFA AGM elections, held on Monday 28th December, we wish to extend congratulations to the newly installed executive headed by President Ross Russell abundant success in their undertakings from 2021 for a four year period. It has been a pleasure to serve the 19 member clubs and have no doubt the zone will expand in the future and create some stellar players. It has been a previlege to serve the community of Port of Spain and envrons, which we thoroughly enjoyed."

The annual general meeting (AGM) and election of the new exective was marred with Ross Russell, A former title-winning coach in the T&T Pro League with Defence Force, being elected on December 28 at a reconvened Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) arranged by Anthony “Dada” Wickham and his supporting clubs at Cascadia Hotel, St Ann’s on Boxing Day. However, that gathering was deemed to be unconstitutional by the zone since it had no information about the meeting.

However, on Monday, the former national goalkeeper Ross Russell was legally elected as the next president of the NFA unopposed as his seven-member slate won by a landslide to manage the zone from 2021-2023.

NFA FORMER EXECUTIVE

Tony Harford- Immediate Past President.

Rayshawn Mars- Fmr Hon Secretary.

Glenford Waines – Past President.

Ruthvin Charles- Fmr. Vice President (post Honours)

Tony Richardson- Asst. Secretary.

Marvin Small- Management Member

Peter Rampersad- Management member..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2021, 05:10:15 PM »
New NFA executive faces $250,000 overdraft.

A bank overdraft, in excess of $250, 000 has been gaining the attention of the new Northern Football Association (NFA) executive, being led by former national goalkeeper and coach Ross Russell.

Russell who admitted that his first order of business in his new capacity will be to revive a Youth League which has been inactive for the past years, refused to comment, saying he was not in a position to say anything on the matter just yet, but will deal with it when information comes before them.

"We have to get the books in order, we have to receive the hand-over properly, but we are not in a position to say anything about how the account is, as we are now attempting to do an audit, so saying something now will be a bit too rushed because these things are serious," Russell told Guardian Media Sports on Thursday.

Russell's team recently hired an accountant to inspect the books, a few days before an executive meeting is held on January 14, at which time a decision will be taken on how they intend to investigate the matter.

Guardian Media Sports undertsands that the clubs left the meeting dissatisfied after the presentation of the audited accounts was made on December 28, the day the long-awaited Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Elections of the new executive were held, with the overdraft compounding an already aggravated situation caused by the previous administration's inability to pay out prize monies for the past two years.

Russell, 53, a former Defence Force standout, did not want to reveal who the accountant is, but whoever it is, will have an opening task of delivering news about the association's accounts, amid scrutiny by clubs and other officials.

Russell, a Diego Martin native said, "We as a Board can't truthfully say if it's an overdraft or if it is a plus, so we don't really want to talk pertaining to the account right now. We got a report and we will be looking into the report, and when we get a synopsis of the entire thing we will make a press release and you will get the information you are asking for."

Previous president Anthony Harford, the long-serving sports administrator, when contacted said he will meet with the executive on Monday to iron out their concerns.

However, the membership opted to accept it, only on the basis that an accountant would explain what it meant at a later time, thereby giving the knowledge to make a firm decision, said Derek Edwards, the Petit Valley Diego Martin United manager explained.

Russell was elected unopposed after Richard Piper, the other candidate, who had filed nomination papers opted before the meeting. The other members of his slate, however, Anthony 'Dada' Wickham and Rodney Stowe (vice presidents), Michael Thomas and Nevick Denoon (assistant secretaries), and the pair of Dexter Harris and Kareem Paul as the ordinary members.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2021, 04:36:08 PM »
Alleged gun-toting CFA member stops board meeting.

A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central Football Association (CFA) on Monday, that was aimed at moving a vote of no-confidence in president Shymdeo Gosine, ended abruptly when a member, it was reported displayed a fit of rage and whipped out something resembling a gun that sent members scampering.

Guardian Media Sports was told that the incident is certain to lead to an arrest after police officers were called in and the suspect interviewed. Soon after, voice recordings of the incident began circulating among the football fraternity.

When contacted on Wednesday by Guardian Media Sports, assistant secretary Keisha Noel shared that she was scared for her life.

"While we were sitting in the meeting at approximately after 8 pm, myself, Wendell Collymore, Allan Logan, and David Ramkhelawan entered the room to begin the meeting, but before that, we were getting ready to call Wilfred Edwards, who was to join the meeting via teleconferencing. It was while doing that, the suspect (name called) decided to come in and take pictures.

"Mr Collymore and Logan proceeded to tell him he cannot take the pictures. But because of how they are, I took up my things and proceeded to the door because I did not want to be apart of any bacchanal."

According to Noel: "So, they told him he couldn't take pictures, the suspect put the camera down and pulled out a gun and when I said you pulling out a gun on us, he put it back into his pocket. Then he walked out the door, came back in, and said 'if anybody touches me, I will react accordingly'. So, I went outside, called the police and never returned to the meeting again."

The event was a culmination of previous threats and abuse that Noel said she had been subjected to since her nomination as assistant secretary, a position she picked up when general secretary Clynt Taylor was removed last year.

Guardian Media Sports understand that from the seven-man board, five members attended the meeting ready to express their dissatisfaction with the president and his leadership style. Those present were Logan, Noel, Ramkhelawan, Collymore and Edwards, all of whom signed documents regarding the 'no-confidence motion' in the president.

Gosine and Gregory Mc Sween, also attended the meeting but refused to sign the document.

Noel said under Gosine, key decisions were made without consultation with the board, while it is alleged that monies from the CFA's account were used for non-related football matters, among other concerns.

She also believes the appointment of general secretary Christopher Regis, who also attended the meeting, was done illegally and the invitation of the alleged 'gun-toting' suspect at the board meeting, although he is not a board member was a violation of the constitution by the president.

Noel said: "According to the constitution, if the president wanted to bring someone as a third-party to the meeting, he had to get approval from all the board members and that was not done. He never notified the board members that he was bringing somebody, of which he would have had to give advanced notice, and he never did that."

Meanwhile, Gosine, when contacted yesterday denied that anyone pulled out a gun at the meeting and claimed that the board, which is fractionated, has tried illegally to remove him as president.

"Clynt Taylor who used to work at Doc's Engineering was the general secretary employed by me. I allowed him to do certain things so when he brought people to me and said let's put these people on the board, I said no problem because my intention is not the board, but to get football running in the best possible manner.

"However, it turned out that there were ulterior motives involved. The situation was that they were looking at votes to get into the TTFA and that started to create a fraction in the CFA, because different people were leaning in different directions."

He added: "However, the fraction that had an allegiance to Taylor, called this meeting to remove the then president. What they did was they sent a letter with names to me, claiming that these people would have signed it. However, members would have signed something in the past and they copied it on to this letter and said that all these people could attest to this and that, which was the reason for the meeting. So, I got into contact with each individual and I knew who was a part of the meeting, who wasn't part of the meeting and who did not sign that letter. And immediately I realised it was a fraudulent letter."

The CFA boss was set to lodge a report to the Fraud Squad on the matter yesterday.

He lashed out at members on Monday for refusing to allow Regis, the current general secretary into the meeting. He said when Taylor was general secretary he was allowed to enter board meetings of the CFA.

Noel said she will await confirmation from board members on when the meeting will reconvene but made it clear, she will change the format of the meeting to a virtual one, to ensure the personal safety of members.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2021, 05:31:05 PM »
Really, this is what our football come too?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2021, 04:41:39 PM »
Interview with Northern FA President Ross Russell and Southern FA President Richard Quan Chan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yK8k9ak0Om4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yK8k9ak0Om4</a>

Interview with Eastern Counties Football Union Vice President Ian Pritchard and Eastern FA President Kieron Edwards

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yDcaOO5l168" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yDcaOO5l168</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2021, 09:08:40 PM »
Alleged gun-toting CFA member stops board meeting.

A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central Football Association (CFA) on Monday, that was aimed at moving a vote of no-confidence in president Shymdeo Gosine, ended abruptly when a member, it was reported displayed a fit of rage and whipped out something resembling a gun that sent members scampering.

Guardian Media Sports was told that the incident is certain to lead to an arrest after police officers were called in and the suspect interviewed. Soon after, voice recordings of the incident began circulating among the football fraternity.

When contacted on Wednesday by Guardian Media Sports, assistant secretary Keisha Noel shared that she was scared for her life.

"While we were sitting in the meeting at approximately after 8 pm, myself, Wendell Collymore, Allan Logan, and David Ramkhelawan entered the room to begin the meeting, but before that, we were getting ready to call Wilfred Edwards, who was to join the meeting via teleconferencing. It was while doing that, the suspect (name called) decided to come in and take pictures.

"Mr Collymore and Logan proceeded to tell him he cannot take the pictures. But because of how they are, I took up my things and proceeded to the door because I did not want to be apart of any bacchanal."

According to Noel: "So, they told him he couldn't take pictures, the suspect put the camera down and pulled out a gun and when I said you pulling out a gun on us, he put it back into his pocket. Then he walked out the door, came back in, and said 'if anybody touches me, I will react accordingly'. So, I went outside, called the police and never returned to the meeting again."

The event was a culmination of previous threats and abuse that Noel said she had been subjected to since her nomination as assistant secretary, a position she picked up when general secretary Clynt Taylor was removed last year.

Guardian Media Sports understand that from the seven-man board, five members attended the meeting ready to express their dissatisfaction with the president and his leadership style. Those present were Logan, Noel, Ramkhelawan, Collymore and Edwards, all of whom signed documents regarding the 'no-confidence motion' in the president.

Gosine and Gregory Mc Sween, also attended the meeting but refused to sign the document.

Noel said under Gosine, key decisions were made without consultation with the board, while it is alleged that monies from the CFA's account were used for non-related football matters, among other concerns.

She also believes the appointment of general secretary Christopher Regis, who also attended the meeting, was done illegally and the invitation of the alleged 'gun-toting' suspect at the board meeting, although he is not a board member was a violation of the constitution by the president.

Noel said: "According to the constitution, if the president wanted to bring someone as a third-party to the meeting, he had to get approval from all the board members and that was not done. He never notified the board members that he was bringing somebody, of which he would have had to give advanced notice, and he never did that."

Meanwhile, Gosine, when contacted yesterday denied that anyone pulled out a gun at the meeting and claimed that the board, which is fractionated, has tried illegally to remove him as president.

"Clynt Taylor who used to work at Doc's Engineering was the general secretary employed by me. I allowed him to do certain things so when he brought people to me and said let's put these people on the board, I said no problem because my intention is not the board, but to get football running in the best possible manner.

"However, it turned out that there were ulterior motives involved. The situation was that they were looking at votes to get into the TTFA and that started to create a fraction in the CFA, because different people were leaning in different directions."

He added: "However, the fraction that had an allegiance to Taylor, called this meeting to remove the then president. What they did was they sent a letter with names to me, claiming that these people would have signed it. However, members would have signed something in the past and they copied it on to this letter and said that all these people could attest to this and that, which was the reason for the meeting. So, I got into contact with each individual and I knew who was a part of the meeting, who wasn't part of the meeting and who did not sign that letter. And immediately I realised it was a fraudulent letter."

The CFA boss was set to lodge a report to the Fraud Squad on the matter yesterday.

He lashed out at members on Monday for refusing to allow Regis, the current general secretary into the meeting. He said when Taylor was general secretary he was allowed to enter board meetings of the CFA.

Noel said she will await confirmation from board members on when the meeting will reconvene but made it clear, she will change the format of the meeting to a virtual one, to ensure the personal safety of members.

What ever came of this incident??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ascension sponsors ‘Eastern’ football
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

IAN PRITCHARD is the new president of the Eastern Counties Football Union, the region governing football in Valencia, Sangre Grande, Toco, Manzanilla, Mayaro and such.

New president Pritchard said among his goals were youth development and the resurgence of ECFU football; forging partnerships and eventually having ECFU football become self-sufficient.

Speaking with moderator Kieron Edwards on the latest edition of the Ascension Football Show, new ECFU president Pritchard announced a partnership with Richard Ferguson’s Ascension Football. Ferguson is a former Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) presidential candidate and boss of professional club La Horquetta Rangers.

Pritchard says Ferguson’s organisation has seen the vision of the Eastern Counties, bought into the plans for Eastern Counties football, and has decided to support the resurgence of the game in the region by partnering with the Eastern Counties in the first few years of their competition.

“The Ascension Football Tournament has already started in assisting the clubs in their preparation for their return to play,” Pritchard explained. “The clubs can now have balls, cones, nets for their grounds, corner flags, so when we return to play, everything will be as professionally organised as we would likely see in the Eastern Counties.”

Pritchard added: “We have also had the commitment from the Ascension Football Tournament that they will assist in the sponsorship of prize money for our tournament and referees’ fees.”

With on-field football at a halt due to Covid-19 restrictions, the ECFU joined other associations which have recently voted in new executives via a virtual election. The TT Super League elected former national captain Clayton Morris as its president in this manner. The Northern Football Association elected former national goalkeeper Ross Russell. The Secondary Schools Football League voted in former FIFA referee Merere Gonzales, while long-serving administrator Everton Alfred was elected head of the Tobago Football Association.

On July 5, the ECFU elected Pritchard (Tamana/Cumuto) to head an executive also containing first vice-president Clem “Scotty” Reyes (Sangre Grande), second vice-president Matthew Williams (Valencia), assistant-secretary Kern Pierre (Vega De Oropouche), assistant-secretary Owen Khan (Tamana), Andre Boodoo (Grande Reviere) and former footballer Glen Rampersad (Biche).

“One of the things that we skilfully did putting together the new executive, is to try as much as possible to have persons who are involved in various communities throughout the ECFU as members of the executive,” Pritchard said.

He explained there was great anticipation and eagerness by clubs to hold the AGM, which was originally due in 2019 and further postponed from May 2020, due to the Covid-19 restrictions.

“We had 14 clubs in attendance at the AGM,” Pritchard said. “It is the biggest turn-out in terms of members present at an AGM for many, many years.

“I think the desire and the passions of the clubs to see the resurgence in the ECFU was so great that everyone was on board in terms of that AGM.”

The new ECFU executive subsequently appointed Mayaro Youth Football Club manager Marvin Durham as the new general secretary.

“Marvin has been involved in football for many, many years,” stated Pritchard. “Because of that interest and that dynamism and that effervescent way that Marvin has in terms of putting his efforts towards football in the ECFU, he was unanimously elected by the executive to be the general secretary. There was absolutely no opposition to him by any member of the new executive.”

Eastern Counties has for several years been criticised at Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) AGMs for being one of the stagnant regions in local football, with intermittent or no formal competitions. However, Pritchard was complimentary of the former Sherwin Dyer-led executive, who he felt served under very trying financial circumstances.

“Kudos and thanks must be given to the outgoing executive, who would have held the ECFU up in difficult, trying times,” Pritchard declared. “They ensured that football was played in the ECFU as often as possible, even without funds many times.

“What could they have done better? I think a more ardent search for partnerships,” Pritchard said. “Developing the product was not sufficiently done so that we could have buy-in from potential partners for the ECFU.”

One of Pritchard’s critical goals is the return of youth football to the region, with every senior team also fielding a youth team.

“This coming season, even if we start off with three clubs, we will have a competition for that,” Pritchard said, while lamenting that Toco Secondary, North Eastern College and Mayaro Composite were no longer prominent among secondary school teams, because of lack of youth development in the region. Further, the one professional team in the region, North East Stars has relocated to the capital city and is now AC Port of Spain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
Great news. ECFU needs a proper competition with some regularity

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »

IAN PRITCHARD is the new president of the Eastern Counties Football Union, the region governing football in Valencia, Sangre Grande, Toco, Manzanilla, Mayaro and such.

New president Pritchard said among his goals were youth development and the resurgence of ECFU football; forging partnerships and eventually having ECFU football become self-sufficient.

Speaking with moderator Kieron Edwards on the latest edition of the Ascension Football Show, new ECFU president Pritchard announced a partnership with Richard Ferguson’s Ascension Football. Ferguson is a former Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) presidential candidate and boss of professional club La Horquetta Rangers.

Pritchard says Ferguson’s organisation has seen the vision of the Eastern Counties, bought into the plans for Eastern Counties football, and has decided to support the resurgence of the game in the region by partnering with the Eastern Counties in the first few years of their competition.

This Ferguson is buying votes for next election a next  A NEXT DICTATOR I BET YUH
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:31:05 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2021, 11:51:22 PM »

This Ferguson is buying votes for next election a next  A NEXT DICTATOR I BET YUH
If memory serves me right he sounds like 1 of Jack Warner boys who got banned by FIFA in the 90's he was 1 of the smart 1's thou the money he stole he invested it unless it's someone else with the same name.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2021, 12:04:39 AM »
CFA website to ensure clubs compliant

By January 2022, all clubs in the Central Football Association (CFA) are expected to be fully compliant, and their members fully vaccinated ahead of the start of football in July/August.

President Shymdeo Gosine has been leading this charge and on Monday, he issued an easier way for clubs to achieve this via an online website (cfatt.com) as a most effective means of club identification and compliance for central zone communities.

Gosine said his association intends to waive the fees for clubs owing monies to the CFA for registration in the past, as well as for other areas, to ensure that the objective of meeting FIFA's compliance initiative, will be achieved.

A release on Monday by the CFA said: "The Central Football Association (CFA) has implemented a website cfatt.com as a most effective means of club identification and compliance in the central zone communities.

"This is seen as necessary for both existing and prospective clubs to ensure transparency and legitimacy of club existence. In anticipation of a resumption of football in 2022, clubs are required to become fully compliant to avoid non-participation in upcoming competitions and activities."

According to the release also, the requirements shall be duly posted and clubs shall also have the option to seek clarification and support from the general secretary/secretariat of the CFA.

It said: "The general secretariat is therefore seeking to assist as far as possible in implementing this initiative's successful outcome."

Only recently the CFA appointed veteran football administrator Lennox Sirjuesingh as a replacement for Christopher Regis as the general secretary. And Monday, Sirjuesingh explained that due to the (COVID-19) pandemic, the CFA will be proactive to develop an online platform to assist club administrators, as well as the CFA, in the management of central football. 

Gosine called on all club members to get vaccinated if they want football to take place.

"This is the only way football will go on as expected," Gosine explained.

In addition to the CFA League, Gosine will also seek to have a Youth League and a Women's League, this year. 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2021, 06:10:39 AM »
A website is promising!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central Zone moves to help clubs
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2021, 07:06:31 AM »
Central Zone moves to help clubs
T&T Express

Central Football Association (CFA) general secretary Lennox Sirjuesingh is calling on clubs in the Central Zone to take advantage of the updated website www.cfatt.com to become compliant in line with the requirements set out by FIFA.

According to the CFA, the implementation of the website is seen as the most effective means of club identification and compliance in the central zone communities to ensure all clubs will be able to participate in zonal football.

“This is seen as necessary for both existing and prospective clubs to ensure transparency and legitimacy of club existence. In anticipation of a resumption of football in 2022, clubs are required to become fully compliant to avoid non-participation in upcoming competitions and activities,” the CFA said in a media release.

The requirements for compliance will be posted on the website and clubs will also have the option to seek clarification and support from the general secretary/secretariat of the CFA.

Sirjuesingh said that given the state of the pandemic and with no football being played, now is the ideal time for the clubs to get their house in order and that the CFA will do its part to facilitate the process.

He said that in a meeting on September 11, the general consensus was that clubs needed assistance to become compliant hence the reason for updating the website.

“So based on that, we are looking at how best we can help the clubs become compliant because without them we have nothing. While there was a website, we have updated it so clubs can get the on to it 24/7 and will be able to access and look at what they are short of and what assistance they need and we will be available to them on a one and one basis,” Sirjuesingh told the Express.

He also expressed the view that in the current pandemic situation, it is pro-active to develop an online platform to assist club administrators and the CFA in the management of Central Football.

He said while there is no set deadline, he is encouraging the clubs to use the time they have now to became compliant which is a FIFA requirement. Sirjuesingh also noted that acting TTFA general secretary Amiel Mohammed is supporting the CFA’s effort to help their clubs fall in line.

“The general secretariat is therefore seeking to assist as far as possible in implementing this initiative successful outcome,” the CFA added.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2021, 12:24:22 AM »
Northern Football Association’s Akel Baig keen to help uplift T&T football.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

AKEL Baig, general secretary of the Northern Football Association (NFA), is keen to play his part in the development and betterment of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

The 33-year-old Baig is part of the NFA administration, headed by former Defence Force and T&T goalkeeper Ross Russell.

The former Morvant/Caledonia AIA goalkeeper and youth team coach is currently pursuing a post-graduate diploma in sports management at the UWI St Augustine campus.

However, his primary focus is the short-term, as well as long-term future of football, both at the NFA and TT level.

The affairs of the TT Football Association (TTFA) are currently run by a FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, comprising chairman Robert Hadad, Judy Daniel, Nigel Romano and Marcus Gomez.

“We all know of the past issues with FIFA and going to court,” said Baig, during an interview last Thursday. “I think we need to know the position we’re at, look into it, analyse it and come with solutions at how we could go forward, step by step, in order to better the football.

“It makes no sense that we all have different ideas and everyone wants to fight for leadership. We, as a body, need to come together and take the (steps) seriously.”

At his age, players will either be still actively involved or considering post-retirement plans.

According to Baig, “I think I transitioned into that area, outside of coaching, because I have more love for administration and my passion is there. I feel more comfortable in administration. Also, (I can) help develop and further better football in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Asked if he misses the playing side of football, Baig replied, “I have (gotten over) playing football because I’ve already made the step from playing to actively participating in football as an administrator. My main function now is to develop myself, gain enough knowledge and experience so I can lead in management and administration.”

This is his first year as general secretary of the NFA, but he has experience in football administration, having been involved in other committees with various NFA-affiliated clubs.

How has he been coping, as an administrator, in these covid19 times? Baig responded, “It have a lot of work to be done in the NFA, outside of playing. My main involvement, currently, would be (for the clubs) to be compliant with the TTFA, so that when football is ready to restart, we are in a position in terms of (having) our books in order to ensure we can manage football on the field better.”

He said, “Everybody is on the same page. We are trying to work together to ensure that we can further develop the clubs in whatever area it may be. The support is there.”

Football, at the club level, has been on hold in T&T since the pandemic struck in March 2020.

According to Baig, “We’ve been planning. One of the major things is vaccination and being able to go according to the covid protocols, the government guidelines, that they would want us to be vaccinated to partake on the field.”

He added, “We are trying to work out ways, with other respective leagues, so we can ensure that when we plan, we wouldn’t clash with other leagues. At the same time, we want to try and solicit sponsorship.”

One person who has been a mentor, as far as administration is concerned, is former TTFA and current Caribbean Football Union (CFU) general secretary Camara David.

“He’s a friend of mine and also my lecturer (at UWI),” said Baig. “I share ideas with him, and he shares ideas with me.”

Any long-term plans in terms of administration?

“My plan, at an administrative level, is to develop a proper strategic plan for the NFA. This strategic plan would also be something that’s needed to help the administration be guided in its goals and objectives, and it will be able to have any configurations, if need, going forward.

“A strategic plan is something which is not there presently and, even at a TTFA level, is also needed. In youth football, development is needed. A lot of focus is needed to be placed in youth football.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2021, 01:31:18 AM »
Football stakeholders demand to play in 'safe zones'
By  Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Members of the group of Footballer stakeholders walked along Hart Street in Port-of-Spain in protest of not being allowed to play football. They want Government to allowed football to play in safe zones.

A more-than-scary statistic, which shows that more than 30,000 young people have lost their jobs due to the government's refusal to allow sport, as an industry to be played, has led to a group of concerned footballers to take to the streets of Port-of-Spain yesterday in a and show the disappointment via a silent protest, calling for football, in particular, to be played.

The group of football players, coaches and other officials wore red T-shirts with the words - 'Let football play in safe zones,' printed on them following the government's decision to shut down sports because of the COVID-19 pandemic almost two years ago.

Their walk, which began at the bottom of Henry Street, near the South Quay, and proceeded through the capital city, via Independence Square, up Frederick Street to Woodford Square, then down Abrecromby street towards the office of the Sports Minister Shamfa Cudjoe, whose Ministry of Sports and Community Development office is housed at Nicholas Tower on Independence Square, with an aimed at sending a message to her about the apparent unfair treatment being dished out to sports in general, and football in particular, as all other industries are allowed to 'vaccinate and operate' according to a call by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley a few months ago to the business community.

Michael De Four, Director of Football at central club Cunupia FC who was one of the organisers of the peaceful walk, said his team alone has lost three players due to the shut-down. He told Guardian Media Sports on Thursday: "Football in T&T should be an industry. I did some stats and there are about 30,000 people in T&T that play football at some sort of competitive level, separated by another 25,000, who use football as a recreational activity. The industry generates an estimated TT$800,000 in economic activity annually and that has been shut down. So you're talking about some 20,000 to 30,000 young people who are out of some form of income. We're saying that after an entity decided to follow Government's proposal to vaccinate to operate, we were denied and that was the catalyst that provoked us to come to this peaceful walk to do like the business community and make a statement without saying a word. We've lost three players, one to crime, he was not going to come back. We lost one to drugs, not the legal drugs but the illegal drugs, and we've lost another one who just doesn't want to play football again, and these are truly talented individuals. And that is just one team. We have over 120 competitive teams in Trinidad and Tobago," De Four explained.

When the march reached Abercromby street, heading southwards, police officers, both on foot patrol and in vehicles made their presence felt, by stopping some of the participants and fielding questions to the group about the event. However, the march was allowed to continue after De Four, the Cunupia football boss ease the concerns of the officers by ensuring them that the required numbers of 10 persons per groups were maintained during the march.

The Ministries of Health and Sports were singled out by the the football stakeholders, as well as Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley as the only ones with the power to affect change from the march, but following the presentation of the budget in October in which no additional funding was given to sports, De Four said he was neither confident that sports will return, disappointed that the ministry of sports could not put forward a case for sports to be returned to play, nor even certain that a case was made at all by the ministry for on-the-field sports to be returned.

Meanwhile, Randolph Boyce, the Central Soccer World coach echoed similar sentiments, saying there was not even an attempt to allow sports to be returned.

According to Boyce, they're not fighting against the health issues, but they want to know or ask if they can be given something in principle. "Give us something that we could work with on when sports would start back to play. There is the Pro League, there is the Super League, there are zones, there are football academies, so you can start at the highest level, where it will be trials and errors. And if you have to shut it down then we could understand that, but you're not starting it at all, so to us, there are no plans at all."

RELATED NEWS

Coach De Four: Footballers lost to crime, drugs amid sport shutdown.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

LOCAL stakeholders said footballers have fallen by the wayside to crime and the next generation of talented T&T players at a disadvantage with football, and sport in general, being on the sidelines for almost two years.

Roughly 25 coaches, players, administrators and supporters of local football marched through Port of Spain on Thursday morning to not only resume football but sports.

The group walked along the Brian Lara Promenade, Frederick Street and also gathered by the Red House while following covid19 protocols.

More than an hour after the march began they ended their walk outside the Ministry of Sport and Community Development’s office at Nicholas Towers.

The protestors wore red t-shirts saying “Let Football Play in a Safe Zone.”

Among those who attended the protest were director and coach of Cunupia FC Michael De Four, Unified Football Coaches of T&T interim president Jefferson George, coach of Central Soccer World/Cunupia FC Randolph Boyce and All Blacks FC official Simon Francis.

De Four, speaking to the media outside the Red House, said, “Financially (we have been affected by no football), health-wise…I could give an example (that) we have lost three players. We lost one to crime, he is not going to come back if you understand what I mean. We have lost one to drugs, not the legal drugs, (but) the illegal drugs and we just lost one. He just don’t want to play football again. These were truly talented individuals and I am just one team. They have over 120 competitive teams in Trinidad.”

Francis also spoke about players turning to negative activities.

He said, “I represent grassroots football in T&T. Grassroots football is very important because it is community-based football. Imagine right now in my community of South Oropouche I can take my vaccination card, my son’s vaccination card (or) some of my players vaccination cards and go by a bar and have a drink, but I cannot under the present measures carry those footballers to train and play football and that in itself is fundamentally wrong.”

He added, “We have been down for about 19, 20 months and for 20 months now if we had up and coming Dwight Yorkes, Russell Latapys amongst us we could kiss that goodbye.

“Sports bring discipline…in South Oropouche I have been able to fight crime by young men training and playing football.”

A few sports, including golf, have been allowed during the covid19 pandemic but team sports and contact sports are still waiting.

The Government, however, did permit the national senior women’s football team to play two international friendlies against Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, last month.

The protest followed Government’s decision to blank the Ascension League’s proposal to resume football.

On November 2, the Ascension League issued a statement to the Ministry of Health Terrence Deyalsingh, Minister of Sport and Community Development Shamfa Cudjoe, normalisation committee chairman Robert Hadad and Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago chairman Douglas Camacho. It was signed by tournament director Kieron Edwards.

The proposal said all the players and coaches are vaccinated.

Three days later, Deyalsingh said permission to start the league cannot be granted at this time because of the delta variant.

Boyce is asking the Government to give sport a chance.

“There is the Pro League, Super League, zones, academies. Start at the highest level and if it have trial and error and you have to shut it down then we could understand that, but you are not starting at all. It means to us there are no policies, they put us in a corner…if you have to find a safe zone we are willing.”

A month ago, the Government allowed more businesses to open for vaccinated people called safe zones. They included gyms, cinemas and casinos.

George said the march was not only about football.

“The public must remember that is not just football, but it is sport in general that has been put on the shelf proverbially since last year…we know from research that engaging in sport is one way that we can keep our bodies healthy.”

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:33:24 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>