March 28, 2024, 01:38:42 PM

Author Topic: Dey feel we distracted.....  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Dey feel we distracted.....
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
Kamla and dem trying to distract we with this farce of an SOE....but now that ah get over the initial onslaught......time to get back on the ball.....in random order....

Land and Building taxes....when we paying that??  Is September already.

Ish and Steve....not really in the governemnt's hands but ah putting it on de list....

FIU....what de arse is the story dey??

Anand Ramlogan Cowboy X.....seriously Kamla.....seriously.....

Deviant Maharaj.....no seriously??!!.....Deviant??!!  Steups!! 

The big man in de business....no, not Iwer.....the other George.  Now seriously, Kamla and de PP pound Patos for hugging up Calder Hart, but George Nicholas pissing off EVERY BODY over at CAL....from Jack, to the Board to Management to staff on de ground.....EVERY BODY have a problem but Kamla eh find nutten wrong with she golden boy.  And the hypocrite PP supporters quiet, quiet....steups!!  Jokers!!!

Send pale face home nah......and he side kick too......wasting we friggin tax dollars!!!

A few women dead recently in hospitals....South ah think....but dis SOE distracting we nah so we eh hearing much....what going on dey?? 

Ministry of Education....is all kinda shyte going on in dey.....wha is de scene dey Kamla??

$1,500 to stay out of gangs.....these people kidding me right??   Dais de best dem could come up with??

CONSTITUTIONAL REFORM, FIXED TERM FOR PM's, FIXED DATE FOR ELECTIONS, REFERENDUM AND RECALL!!!   Although me eh sure I want Cowboy X anywhere near any kinda Constitutional reform....not just he alone.....there are others......with clear agendas!!!

It have more but dis is all ah could think off right at this moment.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dey feel we distracted.....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »
Speak 4  yuh self nuff peeps distracted
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:08 AM »
Meanwhile, a piece of legislation was passed in Parliament last week.  The one about not being able to take a financial institution to court for redress.  It apparently is another stab at we rights......I remember when it was first being proposed it caused an uproar and was taken off the list of bills to be debated.....then it came back and apparently was passed.....

Ah have to get details......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
Meanwhile, a piece of legislation was passed in Parliament last week.  The one about not being able to take a financial institution to court for redress.  It apparently is another stab at we rights......I remember when it was first being proposed it caused an uproar and was taken off the list of bills to be debated.....then it came back and apparently was passed.....

Ah have to get details......

Yep d independence supported it so it get pass in d senate.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »
The first responsibility that devolves upon us the protection and the promotion of our democracy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
What's going on with the Ministry of Justice??  I get one nice glossy brochure in mih mail a few months back with a setta information about all that the Ministry accomplish in one year.   It was just a pack of garbage and is probably in my dustbin or earmarked for the dustbin.

What the arse that Ministry doing??
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
What's going on with the Ministry of Justice??  I get one nice glossy brochure in mih mail a few months back with a setta information about all that the Ministry accomplish in one year.   It was just a pack of garbage and is probably in my dustbin or earmarked for the dustbin.

What the arse that Ministry doing??
They specialize in public hangings.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:50:25 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
State 'friends' for Port Authority?
...Devant in bid to retain law firms with Govt ties
By Camini Marajh Head Investigative Desk

Former Gopio (Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin) boss and information freedom fighter-turned-Government Minister Devant Maharaj has sought to make an intervention in the State hiring of legal firms retained by the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (PATT).

The new Transport Minister, who was sharply critical of past People's National Movement interference in the selection of political friends to lucrative State jobs in his previous incarnation as an advocate of transparency and accountability in public life, has himself intervened in a bid to have two law firms with close ties to the People's Partnership Government retained by the Port Authority.

According to PATT Board Minute 671/11 of August 25, 2011, director Jalim Ramnarine said he had been directed by the Transport Minister to convey the Minister's instructions for the "immediate termination of all legal briefs" and the reassignment of all legal work to Fortis Chambers and the law chambers of Subhas Panday, who was a minister in the ruling Kamla Persad-Bissessar administration until recently.

Fortis Chambers comprises Jagdeo Singh, Larry Lalla, Randy Depoo and Dereck Ali.

Ramnarine, a senior manager at Illuminat (T&T) Ltd, according to the official minutes of the 671/11 board meeting, in raising the issue under the Agenda item "other matters", told the board he had been directed by the Minister to convey the following instructions:

1. "That the PATT immediately terminate all legal briefs currently residing with other legal service providers and re-assign all such briefs to Fortis Chambers and the Chambers of Subhas Panday;

2. That the PATT take immediate steps to engage Fortis Chambers and the Chambers of Mr Subhas Panday as its sole providers of external legal services; and

3. That due care must be taken to ensure that these directives are appropriately recorded in the minutes of the Authority's meeting."

Ramnarine yesterday disputed the official version of what he is reported to have said at the board meeting of August 25.

He denied he was directed by the Minister to do anything. He explained rather that a request was made from the Minister's office that these names be included in the list of service providers.

Who made the request?

"Advisers to the Minister," he said.

Who specifically?

Ramnarine could not say.

He pointed instead in the direction of two new advisers whom he said he had met but whose names he could not now recall.

He made clear, in a brief telephone conversation with the Sunday Express, that: "It certainly was not Mr Maharaj who communicated those instructions to me."  His phone appeared to be giving trouble, however, when asked why those names and on what basis they were being proposed.

Minister Maharaj denied he issued instructions to axe the current law firms associated with the Port.  He said, rather, he had suggested a review of all suppliers' contracts to all of the boards under his Ministry.

He said he was told by Ramnarine that the Board Minutes did not accurately reflect what he said.
Chairman Clive Spencer said he had no comment at this stage.  General manager of the Port Authority Colin Lucas, who was also in attendance at the August 25 meeting, said he was unable to discuss board matters with the media.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/State__friends__for_Port_Authority_-129601228.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
Subhas: Nothing wrong in Port work
By Nikita Braxton-Benjamin

Former minister in the Ministry of National Security, attorney Subhas Panday, whose law firm Transport Minister Devant Maharaj has reportedly suggested be hired at the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (PATT), said yesterday he did bid for legal work.

"I want to say yes, I have applied. Since I came out of Government, I have applied to many places including State enterprises and other Ministries for work. I see nothing wrong in that," Panday told the Express at his law firm in San Fernando.

Panday, who was also Leader of Government Business in the Senate, lost his job in the Cabinet reshuffle back in June.

He has since returned to private practice. Panday was named as one of the lawyers whom Maharaj instructed the PATT chairman Clive Spenser to replace the present attorneys at the authority.

Maharaj denied that he had given instructions for the firing the panel of attorneys. He said he asked for contracts to be reviewed, "not only of lawyers but all suppliers over the last ten years" as contracts renewed before the May 24 , 2010 elections may have been back-dated.

Panday said it is only fair if he is being considered to be on PATT's payroll.  "I am a lawyer for over 25 years. I am a competent lawyer, I deserve to be given work long time (and) before any of those people who get. And I see nothing wrong in that...I'm saying I should not be punished because I am a former member of Government and a member of the People's Partnership," Panday said.

He questioned the procedure in the appointment of lawyers currently working with the authority.

"Did a tender go out? Because I know I have been applying all the time and never saw a tender . As a matter of fact, a certain small group lock down not only all the State enterprises and Government work but they lock down all the lucrative work in the private sector. They don't want to change the status quo and I tell you something. I intend to fight to change it," Panday said.

He said for too long he has been marginalised.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Subhas__Nothing_wrong_in_Port_work-129701168.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
And before I forget and on a positive note I saw an article offline with Jack and Marlene Mac Donald getting along nice, nice.  The occassion was gteh paving of some roads in Marlene's constituency which of course is PNM country. 

Jack say the government benches respect Marlene and find she does make very comprehensive and sensible presentation/debates in Parliament.  He practically say Marlene is he girl.....well done Jack....

And ah next thing apparently his Ministry trying out something new in Diego from tomorrow to ease traffic.  A one month trial thing.....

OK, Ok....the brain fever pass.....back to hating the Jackula..... :devil: :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>