March 28, 2024, 06:03:00 AM

Author Topic: Brexit: United Kingdom votes to leave European Union  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brexit: United Kingdom votes to leave European Union
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: The UK has voted to leave the European Union after 43 years in a historic referendum.
Leave won by 52% to 48% with England and Wales voting strongly for Brexit, while London, Scotland and Northern Ireland backed staying in the EU.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36615028

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom votes to leave European Union
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:17 AM »
Stock markets plunging
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »
Time to buy
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:36:49 AM »
Honestly, this might be the best thing for both sides. 52/48 shows that there is a big pro-Euro sentiment. 4% is not that huge. But the majority will must be respected.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
Time to buy

buy what? Gold? Guiness? Oil/Gas? british beef?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »
No surprise here, PM Cameron to step down in few months

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »
No surprise here, PM Cameron to step down in few months

ah found it odd that cameron was campaigning for bureaucrats in brussels to be doing the job he (and others) was elected to do. like he would rather offshore his office's responsibilities. glad he out.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:12:33 AM »
I find the #bregret crew funny. What allyuh thought you was voting for?

The reports about racist incidents are distressing.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 06:50:48 AM »
If I was a British subject I would have voted to stay, but from the outside I think it is good thing for both the UK and the EU. The Eu can move on with their experiment. Forming a coalition is never easy. Asked the US about the Civil War. At least nobody dies in the divorce. The EU definitely will have to make changes. How or what will be changed is left to be seen. Uk will lose some banks and trade, I am guessing here, but things will normal out.  Big business will always find a way to make money. The Brits will again feel wonderful about their "uniqueness". Now for TT to Privy Council-Exit.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 07:25:44 AM »
If I was a British subject I would have voted to stay, but from the outside I think it is good thing for both the UK and the EU. The Eu can move on with their experiment. Forming a coalition is never easy. Asked the US about the Civil War. At least nobody dies in the divorce. The EU definitely will have to make changes. How or what will be changed is left to be seen. Uk will lose some banks and trade, I am guessing here, but things will normal out.  Big business will always find a way to make money. The Brits will again feel wonderful about their "uniqueness". Now for TT to Privy Council-Exit.

I could not help but note the irony of all the Brits who asserted that they wished to "regain their independence" (as their reason for voting to leave), while Britain yoked (and yokes) many across the world to dependence.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:39 AM »

I could not help but note the irony of all the Brits who asserted that they wished to "regain their independence" (as their reason for voting to leave), while Britain yoked (and yokes) many across the world to dependence.

Sylum ....  I think in our case, it is the UNC/PP who don't want to make the move. Well they want the to have it both ways. They want to leave the criminal part(hanging, etc) with the privy and the rest, like trade etc with TT or CCJ. Correct me on that. I also think there is a similar issue in JA.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 10:53:55 AM »

British people will determine their future. Now as for T&T and the Privy Council, it is up to us to have the courage to replace their court with our CCJ (which funny enough is located right here in Trini) as our final court of appeals. But once again the old heads in this country do not have faith in their own system, faith in their own judges and believe we are not capable enough, so they still cling on their colonial masters. This is our weakness, our fault, not the Brits.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:56:41 AM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>