March 28, 2024, 06:30:15 AM

Author Topic: PNM Thread  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: PNM BLANKED
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
This is an obscene abuse of power and a violation of our democratic rights. Please end the state of emergency and curfew. This is just wrong. Please , stop it !

why rowley can't conduct the public meeting after the SOE?

Regulation 7 (1) of the Emergency Powers Regulations states: "Except with prior permission in writing of the Commissioner of Police, the grant of which shall be in his discretion, no person shall hold or take part in any public march or in any public meeting."

Everybody has a right to an opinion but your supine acquiescence to this campaign of the government is intolerable. I know what the law says which is why I said they're abusing it. The TOP was allowed to hold a demonstration in Scarbrough. The PNM is not being unreasonable and they made the relevant requests to hold a meeting. Where is the state of emergency and how does this meeting endanger the public in any way ?

intolerable for the partisan supporters of the PNM? Your woolgathering has reached the tipping point with a mere question that neither implicates or endorses the action of the PP.

Your apparent frustration is getting the better of you and your rational judgement of posters neutral stance. Please refrain from insults, it is not only juvenile but benighted.

You take offense so easily and never actually address the comments made .The idea that someone could support the act of the state preventing or restricting political/civic activity is beyond my comprehension and is absolutely intolerable. My political affiliation is not a mystery I don't dodge the fact that I support the PNM . Surely you must consider that one thoughts and feelings have more depth than their political affiliation. Your presumptions weaken your argument invariably your credibility. My word, how do you reasonably justify this decision.

There has been no mutiny or insurrection, there has been no violent revolution or natural disaster why are our democratic rights being taken away from us ? And even if this SoE was legitimate which upon all evidence so far it isn't, how is the decision to prevent this meeting along with public meetings of the unions a threat to the public. It is passing strange that an SoE that by its latest reasoning was implemented to tackle gang activity also necessitates a banning of peaceful meetings . 

once again my fellow citizen, did you not read my response, please read the part in bold. Your are completely missing my perspective on the issue. Sometimes when dealing with stubborn behavior you re-think your strategy and take the higher road with a new plan that is still effective and can be executed without interruption.

You have to understand that by you being politically aligned you are subject to criticism and can be labelled as being bias minded.

I am not a partisan supporter of the PP nor the PNM, so I am asking the questions many partisan supporters may not ask.

btw i see nothing wrong with the PNM public meeting and the party should be allowed to have it IMO, does that mean anything? Not really, the PP will still cite regulation 7
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:00:30 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
Jah Gol, slide into the role of Leader of the Opposition ... How would you respond to the CoP's decision?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
Rowley should counter by agreeing to use the Center of Excellence IF .. only IF Jack can account for the approx $160 million missing for the 2006 WC campaign ...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »
Buh who or what give Jack the authority to offer the Center of Excellence anyhow? Is who own dat? FIFA? Jack? TTFF? CONCACAF?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
Buh who or what give Jack the authority to offer the Center of Excellence anyhow? Is who own dat? FIFA? Jack? TTFF? CONCACAF?

seems to be operating under an institutional guise. my guess its structured as a limited partnership and ownership is entangled between jack, shells, his concacaf/fifa pals, ttff and others.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »
You have to understand that by you being politically aligned you are subject to criticism and can be labelled as being bias minded.

I am not a partisan supporter of the PP nor the PNM, so I am asking the questions many partisan supporters may not ask.

You're logic is flawed and you have misunderstood me. In an attempt to alienate my comment you labelled me as a partisan PNM. Unlike you I openly support a particular party and never claimed otherwise. I positted however that my views are not limited to or circumscribed by my political affiliation. In this instance as in the case of the unions, the government through the state of emergency and the agency of the police have infringed upon the rights of citizens by a dubious claim of a national crisis and fight against crime. My affiliation is incedental and has no bearing on my opinion in this matter. I unreservedly opposed Patrick Manning's irresponsible visit to that radio station to express dissatisfaction with the comments being made. As a result of this the two presenters were suspended by the programme director. In this case it is not just an irresponsible act of intimidation but a systematic policy of suppression which is infinitely worse. 

I'm not sure what occurred between your latest post and the original one when you suggested 'Rowley' should wait until after the SOE but unless this was an emoticonless sarcastic post in which you also cited the law then it appears you've made an about turn.  Furthermore to assert that by not openly supporting any party you are somehow imbued with objectivity is absolutely fallacious as your many posts would reveal.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:15:57 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »

seems to be operating under an institutional guise. my guess its structured as a limited partnership and ownership is entangled between jack, shells, his concacaf/fifa pals, ttff and others.

It's registered as a business. Anyone can see who the directors/officers are

Source: rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt
DR. JOAO HAVELANGE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Business #433268
LIGHT POLE #17, MACOYA ROAD, TUNAPUNA
Registered on: 1996-10-09
Name Suffix:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »
Jah Gol, slide into the role of Leader of the Opposition ... How would you respond to the CoP's decision?
If I were Rowley I would be happy with the decision by the commissioner as I would have used it as fodder for the PNM base ,civic society, labour unions and all other right thinking citizens who either rejected the SoE or have become dissatisfied with its continuance.

I would use every medium available including youtube and social social media to alert citizens to dangerous policy of the government and thereby galvanize opposition for SoE , curfew , prohibition of demonstration and restriction of political activity.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:07:52 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
@jah gol I can't help but find d fact dat yuh opt to waste all dem Syllables on "propaganda boy" slightly amusing...........pearls an' swine breddar pearls an' swine  :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
@jah gol I can't help but find d fact dat yuh opt to waste all dem Syllables on "propaganda boy" slightly amusing...........pearls an' swine breddar pearls an' swine  :D
I respond out of courtesy and with the hope that as we debate I might learn something or at least understand another perspective.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

Business #433268
Name Suffix:

2 entries....40 dollars total........

Dahs a good price for the obvious?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
I respond out of courtesy and with the hope that as we debate I might learn something or at least understand another perspective.

I get u, but he is a simple.........simple beast..........I imagine it would take a situation of epic proportions from which no positivity can be spun, to garner a response from him that does not reek of blatant partisan considerations and sycophantic spin doctoring, but carry on :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
If I were Rowley I would be happy with the decision by the commissioner as I would have used it as fodder for the PNM base ,civic society, labour unions and all other right thinking citizens who either rejected the SoE or have become dissatisfied with its continuance.

I would use every medium available including youtube and social social media to alert citizens to dangerous policy of the government and thereby galvanize opposition for SoE , curfew , prohibition of demonstration and restriction of political activity.

The thing is, that too is illegal under this SOE and one could be subject to arrest. The slippery slope has started and this slope kinda steep. Trinis, including some on this forum, taking that and not even blinking for the sake of partisan politics. Madness
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 08:11:10 PM »

The thing is, that too is illegal under this SOE and one could be subject to arrest. The slippery slope has started and this slope kinda steep. Trinis, including some on this forum, taking that and not even blinking for the sake of partisan politics. Madness
Imagine daiz where we reach.

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »
allyuh men real intellectual in here boy..allyuh even have TI using BIG words an ting  ways...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
allyuh men real intellectual in here boy..allyuh even have TI using BIG words an ting  ways...

hahaha haha :D ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:54 AM »

Business #433268
Name Suffix:

http://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/faq.html

How can I perform searches?  

In order to perform searches online, you need a subscription account which can be obtained at the Companies Registry. The Registrar General accepts a minimum subscription fee of $500.00 TTD. When you subscribe you will be given a receipt which has your user name and password. Your account operates as a debit account. Each time you use the service to access the electronic databases your account will be debited for the prescribed fees.

So if the COE is majority owned by Jack he was obviously getting exclusive pips on hosting FIFA anf CONCACAF events. And if he has allies in the new CFU regime he can still offer them some 'incentives' to keep sending business his way.

If wonder if Jack owns land close to the area he wants to build a tunnel in the North Coast?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »

Business #433268
Name Suffix:

http://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/faq.html

How can I perform searches?  

In order to perform searches online, you need a subscription account which can be obtained at the Companies Registry. The Registrar General accepts a minimum subscription fee of $500.00 TTD. When you subscribe you will be given a receipt which has your user name and password. Your account operates as a debit account. Each time you use the service to access the electronic databases your account will be debited for the prescribed fees.

So if the COE is majority owned by Jack he was obviously getting exclusive pips on hosting FIFA anf CONCACAF events. And if he has allies in the new CFU regime he can still offer them some 'incentives' to keep sending business his way.

If wonder if Jack owns land close to the area he wants to build a tunnel in the North Coast?

It is clearly obvious. You just have to prove it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

What you mean by good.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

What you mean by good.
Sorry I mean "great" blank dey rass again...
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Live PNM FORUM
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
http;//wwwPnmTnT.org
 Dr keith Rowley live stream. Q&A  listen  in ask questions .
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:38:50 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: PNM Thread
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2015, 01:52:16 AM »
T&T starts new era under PNM.
By Gail Alexander (Guardian).

The People’s National Movement’s fourth leader, Dr Keith Rowley, now Prime Minister-elect, will be T&T’s second Tobago-born Prime Minister following yesterday’s 2015 general election victory.

Rowley follows Tobago-born late Prime Minister Arthur NR Robinson into history in this regard.

Mammoth cheers from supporters went up at PNM’s Balisier House headquarters at 11.40 pm last night when PNM chairman Franklin Khan announced the party’s election result victory, adding: “I now invite to address you, the new Prime Minister of T&T.”

Speaking to the media just before the announcement, Rowley had said: “We have been tracking these results and the PNM would have won the elections and from tomorrow (today) T&T will have a new government...the PNM has come out with the majority of seats...tonight is the beginning of another era.”

Rowley said the PNM had won 22 or 23 of the 41 constituencies. Results for the Moruga Tableland constituency were still incoming when he spoke.

Later on it was unofficially announced that the PNM had taken the election 23-18, pending the official release of that information by the Elections and Boundaries Commission.

The PNM takes the helm from the People's Partnership, which now forms the Opposition, with 18 seats and which won the popular vote despite the PNM’s win in the majority of constituencies.

The PP crossed 300,000-plus votes while the PNM received 200,000-plus, it was estimated.

Outgoing prime minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar conceded at midnight at her Siparia office, speaking after Rowley made his victory speech. She said the people’s wishes must be respected as the people had chosen.

Sounding upbeat throughout her speech, she added: “I’m happy to be Citizen Kamla, MP for Siparia, all over again. I believe we fought a good fight.”

Persad-Bissessar noted the PP had obtained the popular vote. She said she would not stop serving the people, that the PP was still strong and that there would be healthy Opposition in the Parliament,

Congress of the People leader Prakash Ramadhar also said he hoped Rowley was sincere. He said what politicians did hereon would determine how successful T&T would be.

Jack Warner’s Independent Liberal Party (ILP) lost its bid in all the seats it contested, even though Warner at the close of polls had projected his party might have won “one to three seats.”

But the United National Congress’ Ganga Singh re-took the Chaguanas West seat which Warner held from 2010 to yesterday — in and out of government — and Warner also lost his bid for Chaguanas East, which was won by UNC’s Fazal Karim.

Warner told reporters that was his last hurrah in politics during his concession speech at the party’s Chaguanas headquarters last night.

The seats which gave the PNM its election victory were St Joseph, Toco-Manzanilla, Tunapuna, La Horquetta-Talparo and San Fernando West, apart from its traditional constituencies.

The PP maintained its traditional holdings, with the UNC taking 17 seats and COP leader Ramadhar winning the St Augustine seat, a total of 18.

Inclement weather throughout all of T&T marred yesterday’s exercise, though heavy voting patterns with a continuous flow of voters was seen all morning in polling stations.

Rains which began mid-morning and continued to late evening prompted the PNM to seek to have the EBC extend the close of poll time from 6 pm to 7 pm in Trinidad, though not Tobago.

This was the second time since 1961 that the close of poll deadline was extended from 6 pm to 7 pm. It was last done in December 1961 due to problems with voting machines.

Long campaign

After the long three-month campaign period of the 2015 general election ended yesterday, trends began emerging around 9 pm, with the PP leading in 19 seats and the PNM in 16. By 9.20 pm the PP was leading in 21 seats and the PNM in 18.

At that time it became clear that Toco-Manzanilla, Tunapuna and St Joseph were in the balance.

At 9.30 pm the first two seats to be declared went to the PNM: Tobago West (Shamfa Cudjoe) and Tobago East (Ayanna Webster-Roy).

By 10 pm, Siparia was declared for PP’s Persad-Bissessar, who received over 15,000 votes. She thanked supporters for her victory there.

However, by 10.30 pm, the numbers flipped and the PNM surged ahead in La Horquetta-Talparo, St Joseph and Tunapuna.

The final declarations came at just after 11 pm. By that time, PNM supporters at a crowded Balisier House, Port-of-Spain, had started celebrating while disappointed PP supporters at Rienzi Complex, Couva, had started to leave when Persad-Bissessar failed to show up.

Rowley, during his victory statement, again warned that difficult times were ahead. He said his first priorities were the swearing in of an attorney general, whom he declined to identify, and the delivery of the 2016 Budget.

EBC spokesman Dominic Hinds said last night they couldn’t give a voter turn-out until around noon today. He also said figures were preliminary.

The 2015 electorate was 1,099,279. In 2010 voter turnout was approximately 69 per cent of the 936,236 electorate.

Both the PNM and PP claimed irregularities occurred at various places in yesterday’s exercise.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:55 AM »
A long road of rebuilding T&T lies ahead but we can now save T&T from ending up like Guyana with the right management who puts country and serving all of its people first in place.

I hope we can recover some of the stolen T&T taxpayers money too and give some of the worst offenders some well derserved jail time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:49:36 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a1NLifwjSik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a1NLifwjSik</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 07:32:27 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: PNM wins by-elections in Auzonville/Tunapuna & Malabar South by overwhelming lead. The PNM tonight won the Auzonville/Tunapuna seat by a marging of 2459 to the UNC's 325.

The PNM also won the Malabar South seat by a margin of 1269 to the UNC's 29.

It means the PNM retains it's lead on the Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation.

RESULTS:
Malabar South:
PNM: Merlyn Calliste 1263
UNC: Dara Singh 29

Auzonville/Tunapuna
PNM: Travis Williams 2459
UNC: Lauren Kanhai 29

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »

PNM gets two landslide victories *

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151207/news/pnm-gets-two-landslide-victories

The People's National Movement (PNM) scored two landslide victories in yesterday's by-elections in the local government electoral districts of Auzonville/Tunapuna and Malabar South.

Preliminary results revealed that the PNM's Merlyn Calliste received 2,459 votes against 325 votes for United National Congress (UNC) candidate Dara Mahendra Singh, to convincingly retain the Auzonville/Tunapuna seat in the Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation.

In the Malabar South seat, in the Arima Corporation, the PNM's Travis Lester Williams received 1,263 votes, beating UNC's Lauren Crystal Kanhai, who got 29 votes.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:11 PM »
WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153832681895610/

The People's National Movement celebrates it's 60th anniversary. On January 24th, 1956, founder and first Prime Minister of the Country, Dr. Eric Williams publicly launched the party in Woodford Square.

As he reflected on this milestone, President of the Heliconia Foundation, Senator Micheal Coppin stated that, like our beloved nation state, born six years later in 1962, the movement was forged from the love of liberty.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
PNM's Spritual Shouter Baptist Celebration!
"In everything we give thanks"
Thursday 24th March, 2016
Balisier House Courtyard
6pm

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »

Tomorrow, Tuesday March 29th marks 35 years since this country's first Prime Minister the Honourable Dr. Eric Williams died.

Dr Williams, who founded the People National Movement, led the nation from 1956 to 1981.

The PNM is marking his passing with the following statement:
"On this day we mark the passing of a man who has truly achieved the dream of living a fulfilling life.
Dr. Eric Eustace Williams was born on 25 September 1911 and died on 29 March 1981 but his legacy will continue to live on as the Father of our Nation, Trinidad and Tobago.

In the memory of Dr. Eric Williams there is hope, pride, discipline, humility, strength, power and purpose. To know this man, is to know that nothing in life is impossible to achieve.
Dr. Eric Williams was leader of the Nation from 1956 - 1981 and this earned him the title "Father of the Nation."
He was our country's first Chief Minister, first Premier and first Prime Minister. Dr. Eric Williams was responsible for creating and leading a National Movement of People, credited with the development of Trinidad and Tobago. Dr. Williams presided over our country's movement from Colonialism to Independence and Republican status.

This Movement is the Peoples National Movement (PNM) which proudly stands today as the genesis, the current and the future of politics in Trinidad and Tobago. Dr. Eric Williams advocated and nurtured the PNM Constitution which continues to be copied by other political parties across the region.
The creation of a Women's League and the grooming of young politicians in the Youth League are some of the components which distinguished the PNM as a model institution. The PNM celebrates its 60th Anniversary this year and continues to grow stronger and more relevant even as so many other political parties have come and gone.

This National Scholar and Caribbean Historian used his intellect to fight against racism and to educate everyone who was willing to listen. Dr. Williams took the opportunity as Prime Minister to emphasize the importance of Education, making it free and available to all citizens and coined the timeless phrase "the future of the Nation is in the children's school bags."

His autobiography "Inward Hunger" describes his struggles through his academic pursuits, "I was severely handicapped in my research by my lack of money.... I was turned down everywhere I tried ... and could not ignore the racial factor involved."
Regardless of his struggles Dr. Eric Williams was able to return to Trinidad and Tobago and "put down his bucket" in the place of his birth. In his famous speech at Woodford Square, he renamed the park "The University of Woodford Square'."

He used this venue to give public lectures on world history, particularly in the context of Slavery and the Caribbean. His book Capitalism and Slavery is recorded as a globally recognized contribution to Caribbean history and the economics of slavery as a unique perspective.
The achievements and legacy of Dr. Williams are too far and wide to summarize in any one article.
At a time when our country is experiencing some challenging circumstances, we look towards the legacy of Dr. Eric Williams and his achievements as an inspiration to guide our journey.

The Peoples National Movement is not just a political party in the narrow sense of the word but it was created as a National Movement for all, cutting across race, ethnicity, colour, class and creed.
Dr. Eric Williams was succeeded by Mr. George Chambers, Mr. Patrick Manning and now Dr. Keith Rowley holds the reins of Leadership and is taking the Peoples National Movement forward. Let us honour the contribution of the Father of our great Nation and "Let's do this together" Trinidad and Tobago!

"Whatever the challenge that faces you, from whatever quarter, place always first that national interest and the national cause. The strength of the Nation depends on the strength of its citizens."
Dr. Eric Williams, Independence Day address on August 31st 1962.

“Rest In Peace Dr. Eric Eustace Williams, yours is a timeless memory which we will continue to honour!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/921547324564197/permalink/1127567987295462/

1]; } ?>