April 19, 2024, 09:26:15 AM

Author Topic: IMHO Jamaicans on 'juice'  (Read 5742 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
IMHO Jamaicans on 'juice'
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:06:14 PM »
History will be the judge, but too many of their sprinters are running ultra quick times. That 19.26 by Blake, yesterday, confirmed it for me. The guy did not even look 'flat out'.

Remember, Flo Jo, Marion Jones and the chinese middle and long distance runners in the 1990s never tested positive.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IMHO Jamaicans on 'juice'
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »
History will be the judge, but too many of their sprinters are running ultra quick times. That 19.26 by Blake, yesterday, confirmed it for me. The guy did not even look 'flat out'.

Remember, Flo Jo, Marion Jones and the chinese middle and long distance runners in the 1990s never tested positive.

If he is on juice he will get caught plain and simple ........ 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »
Innocent until proven guilty should be the slogan!

Sometimes talent, hardwork, the right coaching and healthy competition can produce amazing results!

Just maybe the Jamaicans have been blessed for all their hard work in athletics over the years!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

Wasn't Marion Jones found guilty of using performance enhancement drugs in the end?

Also note that back in the day the drugs testing procedures were not as stringent as they are now!!

Athletes who try to cheat today are highly likely to be caught especially if they are breaking records and are Jamaican as they will be put under the microscope and targeted for regular tests!

As far as I am concerned if Bolt & Blake or any of the other Jamaican sprinters are not tested positive thru the numerous tests they have to go thru on a regular basis then as far as I am concerned they are clean!

As Trini_2014 said above if they are using drugs they WILL be caught! These days they are way more stringent than they used to be back in the day with drug testing athletes, hence why the USA are getting their asses whipped by the Jamaicans and others these days!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:41:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:13 PM »
Exactly where would they get the drugs?? Do you really think that Jamaica is soooooooo advanced that the Us and other top European don't have access to the "juice" that Jamaica has? Steupssssssssss... Where would the Jamaicans get the resources to develop a drug that enhances performance so much and remain undetected? You do realise that most performance enhancing drugs come from failed military research programs and such right??? :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
Exactly where would they get the drugs?? Do you really think that Jamaica is soooooooo advanced that the Us and other top European don't have access to the "juice" that Jamaica has? Steupssssssssss... Where would the Jamaicans get the resources to develop a drug that enhances performance so much and remain undetected? You do realise that most performance enhancing drugs come from failed military research programs and such right??? :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Preach!!!!!
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »
Blood tests should give you comfort. Very hard to hide anything with a good blood test. Marion et al were not passing blood tests.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »

Wasn't Marion Jones found guilty of using performance enhancement drugs in the end?

Also note that back in the day the drugs testing procedures were not as stringent as they are now!!

Athletes who try to cheat today are highly likely to be caught especially if they are breaking records and are Jamaican as they will be put under the microscope and targeted for regular tests!

As far as I am concerned if Bolt & Blake or any of the other Jamaican sprinters are not tested positive thru the numerous tests they have to go thru on a regular basis then as far as I am concerned they are clean!

As Trini_2014 said above if they are using drugs they WILL be caught! These days they are way more stringent than they used to be back in the day with drug testing athletes, hence why the USA are getting their asses whipped by the Jamaicans and others these days!

No, Marion Jones was never caught using PED. All her tests were negative, despite others in her camp like Tim Montgomery and CJ Hunter testing positive. What she went to prison for was lying under oath by saying she never used PED. When she later confessed, she was convicted for perjury.

Are you guys saying that if someone runs 18.9 secs for the 200, that is all down to natural talent?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »

No, Marion Jones was never caught using PED. All her tests were negative, despite others in her camp like Tim Montgomery and CJ Hunter testing positive. What she went to prison for was lying under oath by saying she never used PED. When she later confessed, she was convicted for perjury.

Are you guys saying that if someone runs 18.9 secs for the 200, that is all down to natural talent?

Yes that was the balco scandal ...... " The Clear"which they could not detect  ... so yuh saying yohan Blake have access to some drug which  can avoid detection ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 08:15:55 AM »
I presume that there is nothing else to talk about, hence the "juice" story?!!!? Believe you me the US and others would dearly like to know what so-called advantage the JAs have on them. It has been 4 yrs now they getting their arse beat good and proper. JA is not East Germany, Russia, etc. It is an open country. They could find out what JA using. It may well be curry goat and dasheen.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:19:33 AM by Deeks »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »

Bridge, its time you put that weak argument of yours to bed!

I think Trini_2014 already CLEAR things up for you! In the end Marion Jones admitted to using performance enhancement drugs under the Balco programme.
Yes that was the balco scandal ...... " The Clear"which they could not detect  ... so yuh saying Yohan Blake have access to some drug which  can avoid detection ....

Also regards to your question: Are you guys saying that if someone runs 18.9 secs for the 200, that is all down to natural talent?
If you read all of the posts above it is clear that I or anyone else never said that. What I said was:
Innocent until proven guilty should be the slogan!

Sometimes talent, hardwork, the right coaching and healthy competition can produce amazing results!

Just maybe the Jamaicans have been blessed for all their hard work in athletics over the years!!
  :beermug:

Finally note that even Ato who is in the know about today’s drug testing procedures explained this in the quote below but you have chosen to ignore what he said.
Blood tests should give you comfort. Very hard to hide anything with a good blood test. Marion et al were not passing blood tests.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:04:02 AM by Socapro »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Socapro you are missing my point. MJ never tested positive. She confessed, that is 2 different things.

Secondly, it is clear that you will believe anytime anyone runs, so long as they have not tested positive or confessed to drug taking. That my friend is a very naive view.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 10:41:36 AM »
Socapro you are missing my point. MJ never tested positive. She confessed, that is 2 different things.

Secondly, it is clear that you will believe anytime anyone runs, so long as they have not tested positive or confessed to drug taking. That my friend is a very naive view.

Bridge, Marion admitted she took drugs, that's the point, what more evidence do you want!!
She is a disgraced athlete and can’t make a comeback to compete in the Olympics even if she wanted to and still had the ability.

Because some athletes have cheated in the past does not mean that all athletes who perform very well are cheats! Some are very talented, have the right coaching, competitive environment and work damn hard!!

Because some black folks and white folks are criminals, does that not mean they are all criminals?
What if the police hold you and lock you up one day because they suspect that you are a criminal and they have no evidence? Maybe then you might review your mindset!

As I said before innocent until proven guilty!

And as Ato already pointed out it is almost impossible today to get away with it for any period of time because of the stringent & regular blood tests that athletes have to go thru these days in and out of the athletics season!

In other words those who cheat will be eventually caught and much quicker than they used to be caught in the past! Why do you think the USA is no longer doing as well as they used to in athletics?
Not as many of their athletes as before are prepared to take the risk because testing procedures have improved with the regular blood tests and it’s now almost impossible to get away with it unless you try to avoid the tests entirely!

Don't you think the Jamaicans are under the microscope? All top athletes are!
If Blake & Bolt are cheating they will be caught so I have no doubt in my mind that they are both clean!

If anything you should question the clock at the stadium or the length of the track, you'll have more of an argument there!!

Again all I will say to you to end this argument is that one is innocent until proven guilty!
I am done with this argument because I find you dragging it on after folks have logically pointed out the weakness of your argument, a bit distasteful.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:01:25 AM by Socapro »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »
You do not have to convince me that the J'cans are clean. I started by saying IMHO. I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. And how the hell did crime get into this? Talk about straying off the subject!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »
You do not have to convince me that the J'cans are clean. I started by saying IMHO. I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. And how the hell did crime get into this? Talk about straying off the subject!

I drew a parallel to hit my point home that's all!
I told you I'm done with this distasteful topic where you tried to paint all the Jamaicans with one brush!!!
I can't & don’t intend to change your view on this topic.
Man already spell it out for you logically but you prefer to ignore their logical arguments so go ahead & enjoy yourself!
I just find what you tried to do highly embarrassing that’s all!  :-[

As I said I done on this topic but you are more than welcomed to carry on if you wish!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:59:14 PM by Socapro »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »
And YB has already failed a drug test for a banned substance in 2009, so he is not exactly Mr innocent.

Im done, because you keep answering, despite saying you are done.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
And YB has already failed a drug test for a banned substance in 2009, so he is not exactly Mr innocent.

Okay I’ve changed my mind which I am entitled to do!

Maybe you should have given your initial post the title IMHO Yohan Blake on 'juice'? rather than giving your post such a distastefully sweeping title that paints all the top Jamaican sprinters as being on ‘juice’.
What if the 'juice' you suspect they are all on is actually natural Jamaican cane juice, mango juice, or similar, plus healthy Jamaican cooking, a good training regime, with top coaches, coupled with natural talent, belief in themselves and total dedication to be the best?

I am sure you are intelligent enough to work out by now that if Blake is really on 'juice', he will be caught especially now that he's run that crazy 200m time! The microscope is focused on him now as well as on all the other Jamaican & Caribbean athletes; Do you feel that the Americans are happy taking all those recent beatings from the Jamaicans? Blake, Bolt, Powell & all the other top Jamaican athletes have to be very careful who they eat and drink from and who they keep around them as friends especially when they visit the good old USA. Thank God they are mostly all based in Jamaica now otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to get ahead of the Americans as they have.

Also note that all athletes who took part in the recent World Athletics Championships (of which Blake was one) were required to give blood samples for testing as soon as they arrived in Daegu, Korea.

If Blake is on 'juice' then he will be caught especially now so why not give the lad the benefit of the doubt and enjoy his recent performances for what they are? He is innocent until proven guilty!
Making a mistake in the past does not mean that you will continue to make the same mistake in the future and are always guilty regardless of how careful you now are and how clean you keep yourself!
How fair is that?! ???  Did you ever make a mistake in your job when you were less experienced?
And if you've learned from that mistake should the boss always view you as incompetent at your job?

Okay that's it, I think I've made my points clear enough now so I definitely should have no more to add on this topic.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:51:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »
Ok. So let's amend the topic to: "Yohan Blake's performance raises suspicion of doping."  Is that a fair titile?  I do, as do many people in anad out of the athletic community.  I was supicious of Michael Johnson and Florence Griffith, Leroy Burell and Maurice Green as well.  Innocent until prove guilty, but we all are free to be suspicious.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 06:00:39 AM »
Yuh know dey say higher monkey climb more they expose themselves.

shaving nearly .60 off does raise suspicion....BUT when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all PB in the same race....there is some validation, unless they too on the juice.

That said, why is no one questioning the timing system?  Maybe that was off???  or not???

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 06:57:18 AM »
Yuh know dey say higher monkey climb more they expose themselves.

shaving nearly .60 off does raise suspicion....BUT when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all PB in the same race....there is some validation, unless they too on the juice.

That said, why is no one questioning the timing system?  Maybe that was off???  or not???

I was now coming to post that..........how come no one is talking about the fact that Walter Dix also ran an amazing time!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »

according to a good friend of mine who trained with guys like donovan bailey and surin, when you reach a certain level, juice is a normal part of the program

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 06:55:45 AM »

Not true. MJ tested postive for EPO for the A sample and put in an objection which delayed the B sample test. By the time it was tested, the B sample came back negative as it had sufficiently degraded. The EPO test was not so robust and needed a fast turnaround time. She got off on that technicality.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 06:58:46 AM »

It was not banned per se, but fell under the clause "all related substances". Try again.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 07:03:40 AM »

according to a good friend of mine who trained with guys like donovan bailey and surin, when you reach a certain level, juice is a normal part of the program

So is RIP thompson juicing then? Isnt he a 9.85s man...almost at the level of DB who ran a PB 9.84s?
Careful, as the same knife that sticks sheep sticks goats.

And, no, I am not even trying to defend Blake as I am not privileged to any of these guys routines, BUT Blake has been a treasure since high school, a PEARL really. Ato even annointed him back in 2007 Carifta games as the ONE to watch for the future.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 07:21:45 AM »

So is RIP thompson juicing then? Isnt he a 9.85s man...almost at the level of DB who ran a PB 9.84s?
Careful, as the same knife that sticks sheep sticks goats.

And, no, I am not even trying to defend Blake as I am not privileged to any of these guys routines, BUT Blake has been a treasure since high school, a PEARL really. Ato even annointed him back in 2007 Carifta games as the ONE to watch for the future.

Willi, ah lot of folks will talk and speculate without doing the proper research but at least they are saying what they are thinking!

Truth is if any of the top Jamaican sprinters are foolish enough to be juicing right now they will be caught as JA is definitely under the microscope!

Some folks have also forgotten that everyone was required to give blood samples for testing when they arrived in Daegu and I am sure if any of them were/are juicing especially those who won medals the whistle would have been blown by now!!  :yellowcard:

The Americans are not very happy right now with the Jamaicans starting to own most of the traditional sprint records that the Americans believe should rightfully belong to them!!!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 11:41:21 AM »
Article from 2 years ago regards the 3 month suspension served by Blake and 3 other JA athletes! This should help to clear things up a bit for those who are referring to his 3 month suspension two years ago!

http://trackalerts.com/news/stories/604

Bolt’s teammates did nothing illegal says Mills
Thursday, 24 September 2009 16:28 administrator

KINGSTON - The President of Usain Bolt's Racer's Track Club, Glen Mills, has cleared the air on two of his athletes who are facing three month bans because of having Adverse Analytical Findings (AAF) returned in their samples taken at Jamaica's National Championships in June.
Club members Yohan Blake and Marvin Anderson, along with Allodin Fothergill and Lansford Spence were banned for three months after their samples returned Adverse Analytical Findings (AFF) from June's National Championships. All four athletes missed the World Championships.

Since then however, Stephen Francis, in a television interview suggested the substance taken could in fact be used, as a masking agent. Mills, a respected coach with over 40 years experience then went about clearing the air by first referring to his club's motto, which states, 'We take competition seriously'. "That is our singular point of inspiration that guides us as we go through our daily paces," he said." "It is important that I dispel some untruths that regrettably now has a life of it's own and have been accepted as facts ... performance enhancing through the use of banned substances is not a part of Racers Track Club's equation or policy ... our success is grounded in hard work, natural talent of our athletes and dedication of our technical staff."

Mills said he is experienced enough to produce world-class sprinters without the help of banned substances.
"In my 40 years working in track & field, I have neither encouraged or supported the use of banned substances to enhance athletic performances... I firmly believe that the principles of honesty and hard work are the tools for the development of one's given talent''. "I am a firm believer in my ability, knowledge and expertise as a coach to develop any talent anywhere in the world in the area of sprinting ... I need no illegal help...it's a principle I adhere to throughout all my years of coaching and a principle I will take to my grave." The supplement in question is Musclespeed and according to Mills, it was clearly written on the product that it was WADA and NCAA compliant.

"The literature on the supplement at the time of purchase was crystal clear in bold writing that it was WADA and NCAA compliant. Since the news came out, the manufacturer changed the wording to read differently and when the results came out they removed it entirely from their literature,” said Mills. It was because of this, Mills said that they are considering legal action against the manufacturer, Accelerated Neutraceutical. "We are in the process of securing the services of a prominent law firm in the United States to process the matter... we will hear further on that aspect." Mills said it has been a 'teachable moment for Racers Track Club'.
As a result he said, they have appointed a medical panel, “This panel will advise, vet and approve supplement programs for each of our athletes and all our athletes must comply with the recommendations of this medical panel.” In regards to the supplement taken by the athletes, club doctor Peter Ruddock is still not convinced it was a breach of WADA rules.

The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO), who carried out the test and later appealed the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel not-guilty findings said, 4-Methyl-2-hexanamine, which was found in the samples has a similar chemical struture to tuaminoheptane and according to WADA, should be considered a breach. Dr. Ruddock explained: "Tuaminoheptane if you look at it, is a straight compound with one branch. 4-Methyl-2-hexanamine is not a straight compound, it’s a little shorter and has two branches... they are made up of the same amount of carbons, the same amount of hydrogen and the same amount of nitrogen atoms but in chemistry that does not mean anything in terms of how the compound will behave." "Structure in similarity has nothing to do with biological similarity.” Mills promised Racers Track Club will live on.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:45:34 AM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »
Truth is if any of the top Jamaican sprinters are foolish enough to be juicing right now they will be caught as JA is definitely under the microscope!

Nuff said!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
American doping expert claims Jamaican athletes cheated during 2008 Olympics
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/jamaican-pop-culture-in-national/american-doping-expert-claims-jamaican-athletes-cheated-during-2008-olympics

American doping expert claims Jamaican athletes cheated during 2008 Olympics

One of the United States’ most controversial doping experts believes that the record-breaking success of Jamaican athletes at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China was a fraud.

Founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO), Victor Conte made his suspicions of Usain Bolt and other Jamaican runners known during an interview with Italian newspaper, La Gazetta dello Sport on Thursday. Conte was the former mentor to disgraced American sprinter Marion Jones who, amongst others, was implicated in the 2007 BALCO steroid scandal. BALCO was a lab that produced and supplied once-undetectable designer steroids to many superstar athletes.

Now Conte believes that Usain Bolt and others may have used illegal methods to achieve gold medal-winning success during the Beijing Olympics.

According to Conte, athletes from another Caribbean nation told him that at the 2001 IAAF world championships in Edmonton, a doctor from their team supplied them with testosterone, EPO (erythropoietin) amongst other steroids. Furthermore, Conte intimated that an informer told him that prior to the 2008 Olympics, Jamaicans were using the same methods that he was using during his time at BALCO.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What's Conte said in this article seems to be pure speculation based on hearsay rather than on evidence!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:46:00 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'All Sydney 100m finalists doped' claims Victor Conte!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/london-olympics/all-sydney-100m-finalists-doped/story-fn9dheyx-1226172423938

'All Sydney 100m finalists doped'
AFP October 21, 20115:57AM

FORMER doping guru Victor Conte has claimed that all eight 100 metre finalists at the Sydney Olympics were cheats.

Conte also pointed the finger of suspicion at world and Olympic champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica in an interview with Italy’s La Gazetta dello Sport.

Conte, the former mentor to disgraced track star Marion Jones, was the brains behind the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO) which produced and supplied once-undetectable designer steroids to many top sports stars.

A police raid on BALCO in 2004, and the fallout from the affair, rocked athletics and baseball to its foundations and has ended the career of many promising athletes.

Three-time Olympic champion Jones never tested positive, but her career fell apart after she was jailed for perjury amid a federal investigation into BALCO which uncovered the full scope of Conte's operation.

Conte claims all eight finalists from the Sydney Olympics 100m final in 2000, won by American Maurice Greene ahead of Trinidad's Ato Boldon and Obadele Thompson of Barbados, were also using banned products.

The other athletes were Britain's Darren Campbell and Dwain Chambers, Ghana's Aziz Zakari, American Jon Drummond and Kim Collins from Saint Kitts and Nevis, who went on to be crowned world champion in 2003.

"In the Sydney 100m final they were all at it (doping)," alleges Conte.

Chambers would later gain notoriety for becoming the first athlete to test positive for one of Conte's designer drugs, THG (tetrahydrogestrinone), a banned steroid.

Seven years after BALCO's demise, Conte believes that over half of top athletes are still doping.

"I believe that before the BALCO affair, 80 per cent of athletes were using steroids, today that figure stands at about 65 per cent," Conte said in the hard-hitting interview.

Conte said he believed the success of Jamaica's athletes could also be attributed to dubious methods.

"At the 2001 world championships athletes from a Caribbean country, not Jamaica, told me how a doctor from their team supplied them with testosterone, EPO (erythropoietin) and other kinds of steroids.

"I know, because I went to him and he gave me EPO.

"The same informer tells me now that before Beijing (Olympic Games in 2008) that the Jamaicans were applying the same protocol that I created at BALCO.

"I don't have proof, but all you need to do is look at the results: I strongly suspect (Usain) Bolt, and the others (Jamaicans)."

Conte said he also played a role in deciding the outcome of the women's 100m final at the 2003 world championships, won by American Kelly White before she tested positive.

"Five other athletes (apart from White) were doped: it was me who supplied the drugs," added Conte.

Conte, who spent four months in prison for his role in the affair, said he has offered to provide expert insights to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), only to be turned down.

"I've made myself available, put forward names, addresses, websites, protocols... but you know what they told me? That we can't trust someone who's been sentenced," he added.

Conte, who has claimed that current anti-doping procedures are inept, said he could give one example of where the drug testers are going wrong.

He explained having pointed out "the period during which tests should be intensified: the last third of a year before a major event. If they (testers) think they're going to catch cheats at the Olympic Games or a world championships, they are kidding themselves."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If by some stretch of the imagination what Conte claims about the Sydney 100m final is true then the playing field was even and Greene won the race fairly as all the athletes in the final had the same doping advantage!! ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:02:00 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doping master suspects Bolt cheats
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.ed88dea43c5a08464441621d7db36576.c81&show_article=1

Doping master suspects Bolt cheats - report
Oct 20 11:07 AM US/Eastern

Former doping expert Victor Conte has pointed the finger of suspicion at world and Olympic champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica in an interview in which he also claims that all eight 100 metre finalists at the Sydney Olympics were cheats.
Conte, the former mentor to disgraced track star Marion Jones, was the brains behind the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO) which produced and supplied once-undetectable designer steroids to many top sports stars.

A police raid on BALCO in 2004, and the fall-out from the affair, rocked athletics and baseball to its foundations and has ended the career of many promising athletes.

Three-time Olympic champion Jones never tested positive, but her career fell apart after she was jailed for perjury amid a federal investigation into BALCO which uncovered the full scope of Conte's operation.

Seven years after BALCO's demise, Conte believes that over half of top athletes are still doping.

"I believe that before the BALCO affair, 80 percent of athletes were using steroids, today that figure stands at about 65 percent," Conte said in a hard-hitting interview with La Gazetta dello Sport Thursday.

Conte said he believed the success of Jamaica's athletes could also be attributed to dubious methods.

"At the 2001 world championships athletes from a Caribbean country, not Jamaica, told me how a doctor from their team supplied them with testosterone, EPO (erythropoietin) and other kinds of steroids.

"I know, because I went to him and he gave me EPO.

"The same informer tells me now that before Beijing (Olympic Games in 2008) that the Jamaicans were applying the same protocol that I created at BALCO.

"I don't have proof, but all you need to do is look at the results: I strongly suspect (Usain) Bolt, and the others (Jamaicans)."

Conte claims all eight finalists from the Sydney Olympics 100m final in 2000, won by American Maurice Greene ahead of Trinidad's Ato Boldon and Obadele Thompson of Barbados, were also using banned products.

The other athletes were Britain's Darren Campbell and Dwain Chambers, Ghana's Aziz Zakari, American Jon Drummond and Kim Collins from Saint Kitts and Nevis, who went on to be crowned world champion in 2003.

"In the Sydney 100m final they were all at it (doping)," alleges Conte.

Chambers would later gain notoriety for becoming the first athlete to test positive for one of Conte's designer drugs, THG (tetrahydrogestrinone), a banned steroid.

Conte said he also played a role in deciding the outcome of the women's 100m final at the 2003 world championships, won by American Kelly White before she tested positive.

"Five other athletes (apart from White) were doped: it was me who supplied the drugs," added Conte.

Conte, who spent four months in prison for his role in the affair, said he has offered to provide expert insights to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), only to be turned down.

"I've made myself available, put forward names, addresses, websites, protocols... but you know what they told me? That we can't trust someone who's been sentenced," he added.

Conte, who has claimed that current anti-doping procedures are inept, said he could give one example of where the drug testers are going wrong.

He explained having pointed out "the period during which tests should be intensified: the last third of a year before a major event. If they (testers) think they're going to catch cheats at the Olympic Games or a world championships, they are kidding themselves."

1]; } ?>