April 27, 2024, 02:19:28 AM

Author Topic: Pfister resumes training on Monday.  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Pfister resumes training on Monday.
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Men’s Senior team head coach Otto Pfister has invited US-based duo Devorn Jorsling and Kevin Molino to join the training sessions next week with a group of T&T-based players ahead of the upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Bermuda there on October 7 and against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on October 11.

Both Molino and Jorsling are currently back home after helping Orlando City to the 2011 USL Pro title earlier this month

And Jan Michael Williams is also in the training squad having returned from a stint in Belgium while Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel is also home and has been invited.

The team will train on Monday and Tuesday morning at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the final squad will assemble on Fort Lauderdale on October 2 for a training camp before departing for Bermuda.

DirecTV North  East Stars striker Stern John is also among the players who will train from Monday. Joe Public goalkeeper Marvin Phillip is scheduled to return from a trial with Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday while Carlyle Mitchell departs for Vancouver next week.

Striker Darryl Roberts is away on trial in South Africa and has suffered an elbow injury which means he is unlikely to feature in the matches next month.

“We have invited a few new faces who the head coach has seen in the opening set of matches in the Pro League and of course we have a couple of the guys back from their clubs in the United States.

We have said before that the opportunity will be given to these players and coach Pfister is in the process of doing that now,” assistant coach Anton Corneal told TTFF Media.

Players Invited

Jan Michael Williams, Mikhail Williams, Hughton Hector, Jerrel Britto, Shahdon Winchester - W Connection

Marvin Phillip, Carlyle Mitchell, Andre Toussaint, Hayden Tinto – Joe Public

Akini Adams, Akeem Adams, Andrei Pacheco – T&TEC

Seon Powers, Anthony Wolfe, Stern John, Kevaughn Connell  - North East Stars

Keon Daniel - Philadelphia Union/USA

Devorn Jorsling, Kevin Molino - Orlando City/USA
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:43:29 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister resumes training on Monday.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »
 :thumbsup:Britto and Hector, Molino, Jorsling
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »
Tallman, Flex tell Fuentes and or Pfister to look at Colin Samuels, Scotland, these men still useful and performing  well

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »
Tallman, Flex tell Fuentes and or Pfister to look at Colin Samuels, Scotland, these men still useful and performing  well

Collin Samuel only just join Luton Town at de end of August after being without a club since May, and he play just about 15 minutes for de season so far. He eh ready yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »

National Men’s Senior team head coach Otto Pfister has invited US-based duo Devorn Jorsling and Kevin Molino to join the training sessions next week with a group of T&T-based players ahead of the upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Bermuda there on October 7 and against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on October 11.

Both Molino and Jorsling are currently back home after helping Orlando City to the 2011 USL Pro title earlier this month

And Jan Michael Williams is also in the training squad having returned from a stint in Belgium while Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel is also home and has been invited.

The team will train on Monday and Tuesday morning at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the final squad will assemble on Fort Lauderdale on October 2 for a training camp before departing for Bermuda.

DirecTV North  East Stars striker Stern John is also among the players who will train from Monday. Joe Public goalkeeper Marvin Phillip is scheduled to return from a trial with Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday while Carlyle Mitchell departs for Vancouver next week.

Striker Darryl Roberts is away on trial in South Africa and has suffered an elbow injury which means he is unlikely to feature in the matches next month.

“We have invited a few new faces who the head coach has seen in the opening set of matches in the Pro League and of course we have a couple of the guys back from their clubs in the United States.

We have said before that the opportunity will be given to these players and coach Pfister is in the process of doing that now,” assistant coach Anton Corneal told TTFF Media.

Players Invited

Jan Michael Williams, Mikhail Williams, Hughton Hector, Jerrel Britto, Shahdon Winchester - W Connection

Fuentes, where is on Fort Lauderdale ?   :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »

agreed  :beermug:

however, i don't like the fact that roberts not playing the next round of matches >:(

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
am not worrying, we will look good.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
Looking forward to Joevin Jones, Kevon Neaves, Jagdeosingh, Sheldon Bateau, Micah Lewis and hopefully Kevon Carter earning a call up in the future.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
i hope augus eve and senior coach get together and train as a unit...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 05:10:24 AM »
Jorlsing was warming the bench alot for Orlando City  ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »
Why is Keon home? Did he get release from the Union?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 06:09:53 AM »
Why is Keon home? Did he get release from the Union?
Supposedly he has veezay/work permit problems

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »

Players Invited

Fuentes, where is on Fort Lauderdale ?   :rotfl:

Give the man a break he busy with Jack Warner.

This man is mistake prone..... WE OFFICIAL WRITER....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »
Looking forward to Joevin Jones, Kevon Neaves, Jagdeosingh, Sheldon Bateau, Micah Lewis and hopefully Kevon Carter earning a call up in the future.

At whose expense? That's 6 players as candidates for inclusion. Name 6 who should be candidates for exclusion.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 09:15:38 AM »

At whose expense? That's 6 players as candidates for inclusion. Name 6 who should be candidates for exclusion.

At the expense of whomever they displace...thats why I stated they should EARN a call up. I'm not interested in who 'shitty' or who will be excluded. All the players except Jagdeosingh and Carter are still inexperienced players with ability to make it outside if they get exposure and grab opportunities. We have problems with depth at left back and midfield. If Jones and/or Neaves could help with that then great. Bateau is a future leader who needs a little seasoning. A good understudy to Julius James I would think. Last year Kevon Carter was close to the same level as Hughton Hector if not ahead IMO. He is an fast and is an excellent distributor. Once back to full fitness he could substitute for Hector inside or replace Tinto on the wing.

EDIT: Add Atulla Guerra to that list. And not that he will ever play for T&T again, but old man Marvin Oliver could still run rings around anybody in Pfister's midfield.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:23:36 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
jus curious

Of all the invited and all who done play under Pfister is there anyone on that squad that can frighten a defense with speed and control like Cornell Glen in his prime?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »

At the expense of whomever they displace...thats why I stated they should EARN a call up. I'm not interested in who 'shitty' or who will be excluded. All the players except Jagdeosingh and Carter are still inexperienced players with ability to make it outside if they get exposure and grab opportunities. We have problems with depth at left back and midfield. If Jones and/or Neaves could help with that then great. Bateau is a future leader who needs a little seasoning. A good understudy to Julius James I would think. Last year Kevon Carter was close to the same level as Hughton Hector if not ahead IMO. He is an fast and is an excellent distributor. Once back to full fitness he could substitute for Hector inside or replace Tinto on the wing.

EDIT: Add Atulla Guerra to that list. And not that he will ever play for T&T again, but old man Marvin Oliver could still run rings around anybody in Pfister's midfield.

good points, but i doubt oliver will make this squad breds

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

:beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
jus curious

Of all the invited and all who done play under Pfister is there anyone on that squad that can frighten a defense with speed and control like Cornell Glen in his prime?

Hector has a good turn of speed and could twiss up a few on his day, I dont tink he blazin fast like cornell, but he fast and "wirery" enough to be a disruptive force.... I could see us playin 334 variant like 4-2-1-3 or 4-4-1-1 with him or daniel sitting in dat CAM role
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
jus curious

I wouldn't say he was a master of control, but for pure explosiveness and athleticism....no. And we won't see that for a long time to come. Maybe Peltier could match him for speed only. I remember Glen buss a header against the US or some Central American side, from an Angus Eve cross. Ah swear I never see a man jump so high. He woulda put MJ to shame

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
jus curious

I wouldn't say he was a master of control, but for pure explosiveness and athleticism....no. And we won't see that for a long time to come. Maybe Peltier could match him for speed only. I remember Glen buss a header against the US or some Central American side, from an Angus Eve cross. Ah swear I never see a man jump so high. He woulda put MJ to shame

I was dey and it was against Panama at the Orange Bowl in Miami..

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »
jus curious

What year was that Saga?

Glen was a bonafide thoroughbred. But he was injury prone.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:06:20 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
jus curious

What year was that Saga?

Glen was a bonafide thoroughbred. But he was injury prone.

It was at de 2005 Gold Cup.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »
Correct Talls!! It was to equalize the game in injury time!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:13 PM »
It look like dey going Florida without Keon due to de paperwork impasse.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »

That is madness. I pay $150 to watch Marvin Oliver play vs Guadloupe I think it was Ash Wednesday and ah hope he never see another National team. I understand why dey does run down bush league.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

That is madness. I pay $150 to watch Marvin Oliver play vs Guadloupe I think it was Ash Wednesday and ah hope he never see another National team. I understand why dey does run down bush league.

Dat (in my opinion) is unfair elan. not just coming to my friend's defense here either but I too was at that game and oliver didn't look worse than the rest of the team. He sure didnt look worse than Hyland last week and he sure didnt make as many ill passes as Tinto or Roberts on different occasion. You made him out to be Tony warner here and I think that is unfair. Secondly.. If you have seen Oliver play you would figure out that de fella is an enigmatic player and feeds off of the resources, passion and powers of others to do his ting. He is like a flicks and tricks guy and will give you a good amount of heart and determination as well. I am not making a case for Oliver to be on this team here but if you recall how this was introduced it was Zandolie saying that Old man Oliver, in his old age still does enough to be more competitive than dat whole midfield selected to train. Ask those who go and see the proleague games what that "old man" can do!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »

Dat (in my opinion) is unfair elan. not just coming to my friend's defense here either but I too was at that game and oliver didn't look worse than the rest of the team. He sure didnt look worse than Hyland last week and he sure didnt make as many ill passes as Tinto or Roberts on different occasion. You made him out to be Tony warner here and I think that is unfair. Secondly.. If you have seen Oliver play you would figure out that de fella is an enigmatic player and feeds off of the resources, passion and powers of others to do his ting. He is like a flicks and tricks guy and will give you a good amount of heart and determination as well. I am not making a case for Oliver to be on this team here but if you recall how this was introduced it was Zandolie saying that Old man Oliver, in his old age still does enough to be more competitive than dat whole midfield selected to train. Ask those who go and see the proleague games what that "old man" can do!

You realise I was specific about that game, cause that is the only game I see him and he was rel disappointing. He did not want to use he left foot at all. He get ah couple ah ball and defender on he right and he loss de ball because he refuse to play with his left foot. He had a couple opportunity to shoot with the left and could not. For a top center mid in T&T you should be pretty comfortable with both feet in dribbling and atleast short passing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
You realise I was specific about that game, cause that is the only game I see him and he was rel disappointing. He did not want to use he left foot at all. He get ah couple ah ball and defender on he right and he loss de ball because he refuse to play with his left foot. He had a couple opportunity to shoot with the left and could not. For a top center mid in T&T you should be pretty comfortable with both feet in dribbling and atleast short passing.

davidephraim is 100% correct about Oliver. No joke nah, the man is a footballer! But he is enigmatic and mercurial. Sometimes he will be on the field and not make a note. But when he ready he will completely dominate a game and create goals out of nothing. He is like Jones...give him readership responsibility and he is that much more invested in the games. If I remember correctly about two years ago he scored in at least three games in the last 1 or 2 minutes to help Jabloteh pull out wins or draws. I dunno what you are saying about his left foot, I've seen him make excellent passes with both feet.

My comment about him running rings was simply a comment on his ability to run like a horse. I know he probably won't play for the RBW again...but that was a talent unrealized IMO, on the same level as a Whitley or even a Kerwin Jemmot

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 01:51:39 AM »

Yes ah realize and I agree about having both guns at a particular level. Like Zandolie though I have seen him complete passes with both guns. I too think he had an off day in that game but I thought that of the entire team as well.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>