March 28, 2024, 05:12:31 PM

Author Topic: Troy Davis is Executed  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Troy Davis is Executed
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
 >:(

Murdered!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:20:16 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Troy Davis is Executed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
They say be-careful what you ask for but this earth needs a major, major over haul, it's loaded with wrong doings
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
How many of allyuh here have been called to jury duty and actually served?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 02:35:06 AM »

Bakes my uncle once told me that jury duty is one of the most important and interesting things you can do. Said that we tend to avoid it as we deem ourselves "too busy" or find other excuses, then complain about cases.
I never been called but that has always stuck with me.
Back in Trini...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:00:51 AM »

Juror #9
Westmorrings murder.

Sa Gomes and Scott <--murdered
Mohammed and Ackin <----life in prison.

We wanted death penalty
One of the two worst experiences in my life. :(

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:34 AM »

Juror #9
Westmorrings murder.

We wanted death penalty

know the sa gomes children well...the kids have done pretty well to move on, but every now and again it comes up and the pain u see they felt and still feeling is heart wrenching
Back in Trini...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:12 AM »

Did my thing this past Spring. Murder / Attempted Murder charge. Lasted about 4-5 weeks and it was the most stressful, tiring and overwhelming experience of my life. Using ONLY what was presented as evidence to come to an agreement on innocence or guilt is not as easy as you would think (as seen on tv). Listening to the 911 calls and seeing the graphic pics took it's toll on all the jurors.

A brilliant experience and I know we gave the accused the benefit of the doubt and the family affected some closure.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »
The Supreme Court upheld the decision not to intervene 9-0. Unanimous from what I heard reported.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 06:23:05 AM »

Juror #9
Westmorrings murder.

We wanted death penalty

for real!! you were on that jury?!?

i knew candace from years ago...real real tragic
and that chuck akin fellah was what 14? or someting so? . Never quite understood how random that whole ting was
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 07:22:31 AM »
Me...just the other day too before the law term closed.

I will say it was an eye opening experience and one that every citizen should do.

I was a lil scared how the prisoners right dey...next to you in the dock while you sitting a few feet away before getting chosen to serve.

Also the family, friends of the accused and those on bail...sitting and mingling right there with you normal normal.

Everyday...is some kinda kidnap, murder charge, rape etc....they had a gang of 12 accused for a kidnapping...all of them look dread...I watch all of them and mark everybody I see in them prisoners dock everyday. I mark all they family too, friends, people who hail them...cause after they does follow yuh when yuh leaving court. Sometimes asking yuh chupid question.

The day I got chosen...I make a joke...I feel I could handle getting to serve on this case...it was a couple who murdered a person and wounded another. A far cry from the other heinous crimes that were coming before the judge.

I was Juror number 6...we didn't have to make a decision as the accused took a plea bargain.

Funny thing is though...i didn't know who was lying...who was telling the truth. If the accused didnt take a plea...the jury woulda let the person off.

Also I get rough up by the judge for slouching in the jury box seat...i tell him meh knee was acting up (truthfully it was that day) and he had sympathy for me and I got a special seat by myself for the rest of the trial.

Also the food in the jury service does real lash....it coming from a caterer in Diego called Ms. Burmont.

Not to mention the month off from work.

Jury Service is a BESS!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:27:50 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »
EHY Trinicana,

Chuck Attin...yeah the trial yuh serve on. He coming out just now.

When I was in court, they were petitioning for him....he serve close to 15 yrs already and on good behaviour.

The things you learn in a courtroom eh.

Also I saw some real high man talk and styles from the various lawyers....is a real unbelievable ting.

I was also taken aback at all the "Mi Lord" and antics that the lawyers use when talking to the judge.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
Also I saw some real high man talk and styles from the various lawyers....is a real unbelievable ting.

I was also taken aback at all the "Mi Lord" and antics that the lawyers use when talking to the judge.

One day you should write a Touches court report on dem and dey pullstones pretension

Touches is real kix yes...man remember de name of the caterer over everybody else
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
I did a month of Grand Jury in Brooklyn Supreme Court..

Interesting exercise, it is different from trial jury in that you are there to decide if there is a case to answer not whether the defendant is innocent or guilty. So is over a hundred cases pass through during that time.

Was a real eye opener to see criminals on murder charges coming in to make statements to the jury. In some instances, this was just a couple days after the incident so them men coming in in dey same clothes all kinda ting. Then they had undercover officers who look like criminals themselves.. Then we had victims coming in to testify, walking around to each juror to show bullet wounds, it even had a girl who look no more than 12 that get beat up by her child father  :o..  Plenty drugs and traffic violation cases.....

Hardest case to stomach was a murder of a 3 year old who was being severely abused prior to that. Being chained to the bed, beaten and probably even sexually abused and was eventually beaten to death my the mother's boyfriend. Madness.

They also had a Trini girl pass thru on an insurance fraud case. Nice young girl, bout 19 yrs in college and get caught up in a scheme with a man sitting in a car and crashing cars on purpose to fake accidents and collect medical claims. She come in to beg, i feel real sorry for her. Stupid girl had her whole life ahead of her and get caught up in that stupidness and now might have to carry that on her record for the rest of her life.

Interesting too was the people on the jury coming from from all walks..  Had ah italian looking fellah, i swear any time a drug case come up for vote, he voting against (go figure). Then the dotish girl they pick for the foreman of the jury like she thought she was on Judge Judy and want to question any and everything no matter how much times we try to explain to her that it wasnt a trial jury. Some day i take ah turn in she ass for trying to ban me from voting on a case on a technicality because she was trying to sway the jury and influence people vote.. The D.A. had to come in and settle the scene.

And last thing i learn from that.... Dem Police does RHELL LIE!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »
Good to see at least some of you have... Nytrini, what yuh uncle tell yuh is exactly why I ask.  Not commenting on the Troy Davis case in particular, but if people spend time on a jury they'll realize that truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction, cases are not packaged and presented in nice 54-minute segments like they do on Law & Order.  Reasonable doubt is real and gets put into practice everyday.  Jury service can be a real pain, but it comes with tremendous civic benefits, you learn a lot.  A lot can even be learned from just going to court and sitting in the gallery. 

I doh really have a very good opinion of the TnT judiciary and their affected anglophilia, so I best not say anything further on that.  Doh even get me started on the sham kangaroo court proceeding that is the grand jury.  But speaking from my experience here in the US, I know jury duty definitely influenced my career choice (albeit only in a small way).  The most frustrating part of the experience was watching a clearly guilty man walk (on a hung jury, I'm almost certain he was later re-tried but was never able to track the case down) because two jurors were dead set against convicting him, evidence be damned.  The net result was that a young man lost his life over nonsense and a little boy is now growing up without a father.  My overall point for posting should be obvious, it's always easy to criticize from the outside, but we all have a part to play, the system is designed to function with our significant input.  Just like voting, we don't get to shirk our responsibility then bitch about how broken the system is afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:46:36 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »
The courtroom is about one of the funniest places yuh could enter. Same speed the uninitiated hadda remember that it's a very serious place.

Nuff peeps get dey cellphones confiscated because it's such an inseparable appendage that they think the bailiff is on kicks when he says turn dem off. Nuff youths cyah seem to accept that the dress code is not as permissible as London Fashion Week. Some idiots even seem to think courthouses are the preferred locations to exterminate their rivals.

One day ah see a young girl walk in hair dyed pink ... when de shot call she was charged for stealing hair dye from a retailer. Allyuh know how that played out.

Fun places to visit occasionally if you're not there on official business. Wouldn't want to wuk there day to day.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:39:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
I did mines here in London over 10 years ago! 8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
EHY Trinicana,

When I was in court, they were petitioning for him....he serve close to 15 yrs already and on good behaviour.

Followed this case from all the way in brooklyn, some sick sh!t. BTW wasn't the name of the boy "CLINT" and not chuck? i was also of the opinion that he murdered stallmire, so i was wrong, it was sagomes. anyway that was yrs ago so i got that one wrong. oh well , no one's perfik.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
EHY Trinicana,

Followed this case from all the way in brooklyn, some sick sh!t. BTW wasn't the name of the boy "CLINT" and not chuck? i was also of the opinion that he murdered stallmire, so i was wrong, it was sagomes. anyway that was yrs ago so i got that one wrong. oh well , no one's perfik.
EHY Trinicana,

Nah, the boy's name was Chuck. I think he was living with a grown woman too, if memory serves me correctly. He was very developed for his age physically, so that was probably why he was the woman's boy toy.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
>:(

Murdered!

Did you actually heard about his trial or jes jumping on d band wagon? criminals deserved what dey get and more!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »

Juror #9
Westmorrings murder.

We wanted death penalty

Even if you had gotten the death penalty Ackin would have still been serving life in prison at President's Pleasure as he was so young when the murder took place.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>