March 28, 2024, 08:55:57 AM

Poll

Should we eliminate the WI as a team.

No
6 (46.2%)
Yes
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Should we eliminate the WI as a team.  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Should we eliminate the WI as a team.
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
I feel T&T could stand on their own legs and do good internationally.

Scrap this West Indies thing then.

T&T, Jamaica, Barbados and Guyana could do good on their own.

Countries like Leeward, Antigua and Grenada could probably carring on as de WI's team ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should we eliminate the WI as a team.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
NO
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
What is your issue Sam???

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
We can do good if Trinidad plays against Tobago. With the exception of limited overs cricket - and even then we don't look unbeatable - we don't beat regional teams. Who're we going to beat internationally? Where will we host international cricket besides the Oval?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
We can do good if Trinidad plays against Tobago. With the exception of limited overs cricket - and even then we don't look unbeatable - we don't beat regional teams. Who're we going to beat internationally? Where will we host international cricket besides the Oval?

when TT beat NSW in the previous tournament, NSW included 8 aussie intls, and TT were not at full strength or had the dept that the team has now.

list of teams TT can beat with ease currently: ireland, bangladesh, zimbabwe, new zealand, all associate teams, and if given the chance, teams like pakistan and other big nations if we get the experience and chance to play.

like i have outlined before, the only merit in your argument is that we only have the oval, G park needs a reno and hopefully brian lara can finish.

other than that, you have no substance in your claims, west indies can't beat any team without the services of TT players.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »
Barath intl
Simmons intl
Bravo intl
Ganga
Big Bravo intl
Pollard intl
Ramdin intl
Mohammed intl
Badree qual
Narine qual
Copper qual
Rampaul intl

Perkins
Stewart
young quick at HPC
Kantasingh

last year we had a under 17 team win every game versus acadimies in South Africa

wolf yah talk shit in that we can barely beat tobago
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:43:44 PM by Quags »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
Fellas. It simple. Just ask the TTCB to withdraw for the WI. Then move on. I don't agree. I will support TT. But I will still support the WI. The rest of the WI will be glad we leave. One less disgruntled member.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Fellas. It simple. Just ask the TTCB to withdraw for the WI. Then move on. I don't agree. I will support TT. But I will still support the WI. The rest of the WI will be glad we leave. One less disgruntled member.
ten minus 1 deeks.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »
If allyuh think the rest go split, that is wishful thinking on allyuh part. You ever hear Guyana say that they want out?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »

That is what you took from that statement? Amazing and completely beyond ridiculous. I keep thinking men here are intelligent and with few exceptions I am too often disappointed. I am not the brightest bulb on the shelf by any stretch of the imagination, but even I can recognise an exaggeration... or to be more precise - a facetious statement.

Controversial (at least you consistent), we lost to New South Wales far more recently than 2 years ago with more depth as you've put it. How many Aussie internationals were on that team? In addition, we were outplayed in the game that we won and it took one of the innings of a lifetime from Pollard to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. In the final we were again easily outplayed, and defeated this time when the magic dust ran out. We won't beat Ireland, Zimbabwe or New Zealand with ease or consistency.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:46:19 AM »

That is what you took from that statement? Amazing and completely beyond ridiculous. I keep thinking men here are intelligent and with few exceptions I am too often disappointed. I am not the brightest bulb on the shelf by any stretch of the imagination, but even I can recognise an exaggeration... or to be more precise - a facetious statement.

Controversial (at least you consistent), we lost to New South Wales far more recently than 2 years ago with more depth as you've put it. How many Aussie internationals were on that team? In addition, we were outplayed in the game that we won and it took one of the innings of a lifetime from Pollard to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. In the final we were again easily outplayed, and defeated this time when the magic dust ran out. We won't beat Ireland, Zimbabwe or New Zealand with ease or consistency.
Try a pure diss .
What else u wanted me to take thats all u said ,that and we have no stadia .What u want me to know what you thinking .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:22:28 AM by Quags »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 06:58:49 AM »
of course we can do well on our own.  We have the talent to do it, that can't be denied.

As is the case with every team; there needs to be proper management in place.  This is the only issue we have.  If TnT is able to sort this issue out, there is no denying we can hold our own.
whey boy!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:26 AM »
of course we can do well on our own.  We have the talent to do it, that can't be denied.

As is the case with every team; there needs to be proper management in place.  This is the only issue we have.  If TnT is able to sort this issue out, there is no denying we can hold our own.

it been getting sorted an' den some greedy incompetent  floppucker :P hijack d board and continue to hold it hostage
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »

wolfman at least you are consistent at talking garbage with no sense behind it after so many years of it you think you would learn something, yet your head still hard

6 trinis and the captain was trini yesterday when we beat bangladesh, use your brain for once

we will beat all those teams on a regular basis in the longer format and shorter formats

in fact this year in the clt20 we were missing bravo and pollard but still drew with nsw and we could have won with better captaincy, ganga messed up, TT are more than good enough to stand on their own, too bad short sighted posters like yourself don't have the foresight to see it
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:35:26 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>