March 28, 2024, 10:49:00 AM

Author Topic: The TTFF must be run like a business to survive.  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The TTFF must be run like a business to survive.
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
The TTFF must be run like a business to survive.

They have been here for over 20 years and if they have to pay out everything they make on players and then take the remainder of the profit and put it towards the others teams (men, women and staff) then how will they survive ?

The 06 Warriors wants half the profit, even if it was promised to them, and the other half of the profit must go towards the other teams for the future of T&T football.

Jack has spent millions before the 2006 World Cup, don't you guys think its only fair he gets back some of the money he lost.

These guys wants half, then the other half must be split with the TTFF who have to take from their profit and invest it back into T&T football while most of these retired 06 Warriors are like vultures, first come, first eat, forget the rest.

The NFL did the same last year and lost the court battle, the new NBA season seems like they are heading for a disaster because they want the same, so no NBA this season.

Can't you guys see how these greedy players are affecting the game.

How can the TTFF pay the 06 Warriors millions and then pay the other national teams quarter of that, is that fair.

No one came out and invested their money in the first place and when you make a profit they all want.

Do you feel companies operate like this, give out all their profits and then close up shop, come on guys, be reasonable.

Look at today, Jack is gone, Camps is on his way out and yet no one is even showing an interest.

To run a business to need money, to start a business you need money, Jack used his for over 20 years.

Do you see any clubs in the EPL or the lower leagues giving out all their profits to players.

If the TTFF closed down tomorrow, I can assure no one will come in because they do not want to take money out of their pockets to help any team.

I love my people, but they have no back bone and all they do his hide behind success because they are afraid to come up for the challenge.

I see everyone on here supports Lincoln, Look Loy and David John Williams, asked yourself where are they.

Keith is running up his mouth about EFA.

Lincoln is now retired after his last paycheck he so called earned.

David John Williams is a business man who just looking to capitalise, kiss the TTFF backsides so his players could play on the national team and get caps so they can be sold.

But no one stepping forward for the betterment of the game or to move forward, the Pro League is about to fall down and no one is making a peep, they are all scared.

Not even the fans are coming out, they to not giving the league and players their money. But I am sure of Ronaldo come to play for W Connection tomorrow, you will get a full stadium, so the fans to have to take blame, all they do his complain. Trinis love to jump on band waggons.

Let me remind you guys, Jack Warner is acting Prime Mininter, he is also the best minister in T&T who does his job with pride and hard work, while all the other ministers are partying, drinking and having a good time, Jack is preparing for work the next day.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:31:01 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The TTFF must be run like a business to survive.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Jack Horner you have a point but football shouldn't be run like a private business at least not national football, club football yes!
I agree with your points on the Pro League and the other opportunists who really did not deserve  their pay , they achieved nothing!
You shouldnot illspeak our national footballers because they put out their all for the country!
If they get injured that it is , their careers are over!
There is no doubt the minister works hard but if he was a smart politician he would do good by our past and still have something to offer soca warriors! There is still a deep chasm between him and the football loving public! He could recover  a lot of  face if he does good By them! He has nothing to lose but a lot to gain! Trinis are a forgiving people once you do right!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
What you conveniently forget in this post is that it was Jack warner who negotiated the 50%. So, if TTFF must be run like a business, the very last person who should be involved is Jack. You rightly point out that 50% is too much, but I've never seen an employee say no thank you to a bonus deal.

Now, maybe, if Jack had been honest right after the World Cup and said, fellas, I got a bit excited back there, but I can give you $250,000 each, and the rest of the money is going to be used for 2010 preperation, womens football etc, I'm sure they would have understood and accepted. But he wasn't honest. He presented false accounts to the players (and subsequently to the High Court of Trinidad & Tobago). The money is unaccounted for and seems to have disappeared (it certainly wasn't shown in TTFF accounts)

Warner, is a very good minister and I've always said that had he not strayed into financial scandals, he could have been a great P.M.

But the facts are that he has been involved in financial scandals and therefore has lost any trust both locally and internationally. These facts can't be changed now.

I notice how you love to call names and critcise, so tell me, why don't you admit your identity and step forward to change TTFF?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
If the TTFF can't play their players, or have no money for development, or teams can't afford their own stadiums, and if they always begging government for money....then why did you Uncle Jack ( since you's the big man himself) hire such an expensive coach? How many small stadia or stands could be constructed on half of Pfister's salary? How much grounds can be fixed up for his housing expenses alone? North East stars could have used some help there last season.

If you have a business running coconut water by QRC, yuh go sell it out the back of a Mercedes M class?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »
of course it should be run like a business, been saying that for over a decade or more, but the reality is, no one currently based locally can run it successfully and there are very few volunteers.

this is old news but the players must be paid as well, it is not a matter of greed, players need to survive as well and playing for their nation and earning a decent salary is essential.

how else can a business owner get the best out of their employees.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Jack .. go from here with that weak ass, primary school argument :pissedoff:   dais the best yuh could come up with? is big sensible men yuh talking to.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:36:23 AM »
What you conveniently forget in this post is that it was Jack warner who negotiated the 50%. So, if TTFF must be run like a business, the very last person who should be involved is Jack. You rightly point out that 50% is too much, but I've never seen an employee say no thank you to a bonus deal.

Now, maybe, if Jack had been honest right after the World Cup and said, fellas, I got a bit excited back there, but I can give you $250,000 each, and the rest of the money is going to be used for 2010 preperation, womens football etc, I'm sure they would have understood and accepted. But he wasn't honest. He presented false accounts to the players (and subsequently to the High Court of Trinidad & Tobago). The money is unaccounted for and seems to have disappeared (it certainly wasn't shown in TTFF accounts)

Warner, is a very good minister and I've always said that had he not strayed into financial scandals, he could have been a great P.M.

But the facts are that he has been involved in financial scandals and therefore has lost any trust both locally and internationally. These facts can't be changed now.

I notice how you love to call names and critcise, so tell me, why don't you admit your identity and step forward to change TTFF?

The players ran to court before anything could have been negotiated, so what do you expect the TTFF to do ? back down and just pay them millions.

The initial payments the TTFF made which I must admit was a bit small, but they want to go to court, so lets go.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:40:49 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »
What you conveniently forget in this post is that it was Jack Warner who negotiated the 50%. So, if TTFF must be run like a business, the very last person who should be involved is Jack. You rightly point out that 50% is too much, but I've never seen an employee say no thank you to a bonus deal.

Now, maybe, if Jack had been honest right after the World Cup and said, fellas, I got a bit excited back there, but I can give you $250,000 each, and the rest of the money is going to be used for 2010 preparation, women's football etc, I'm sure they would have understood and accepted. But he wasn't honest. He presented false accounts to the players (and subsequently to the High Court of Trinidad & Tobago). The money is unaccounted for and seems to have disappeared (it certainly wasn't shown in TTFF accounts)

I notice how you love to call names and criticise, so tell me, why don't you admit your identity and step forward to change TTFF?

The players ran to court before anything could have been negotiated, so what do you expect the TTFF to do ? back down and just pay them millions.

The initial payments the TTFF made which I must admit was a bit small, but they want to go to court, so lets go.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!

Sorry, Jack, but you have your facts wrong. Mr Warner met with the players including, at that time, Dwight and Latas, and showed them what has now been proved to be an innaccurate spreadsheet showing income. He then offered the players around TT$5,000 each. Over the next few months, despite the mediation of the Sports Minister at that time, Mr Warner would not produce any audited accounts. The players had no recourse but to take legal action. TTFF could have stopped this at any time, however, they were reliant on Mr Warner as he was in sole charge of LOC 2006 and collected and disbursed funds. The TTFF opted for the court of litigation in London, to avoid the case being heard in the T&T High Court. As you know, TTFF lost the case and TTFF and Mr Warner were severely criticised. The case then went to the T&T High Court which, again, the players won and, again, TTFF and Mr Warner were severely criticised.

The players no longer want to go to court. They have been there and won. They have no further control. Your criticisms now need to be directed at the judge as he is now controlling the case. Mr Camps has submitted sworn affidavits which have contradicted his previous testimony. This is possibly perjury or at least, contempt of court. Mr Warner has submitted spreadsheets and accounts which have now proved to be innaccurate. This also could result in criminal charges.

After 5 years, nobody knows where the money is (except, maybe one person). At this juncture, Judge Rampersad has to decide the next course of action. Worse case scenario for TTFF & Mr Warner would be to order a forensic audit including auditing Mr Warner's personal accounts. In this current climate where the govt want to prevent comingling of funds as well as the desire to catch big fish businessmen, Mr Warner's situation looks a bit gloomy. Worse still, if a single dollar from WC2006 went into one of Jacks personal accounts, the funding of the PP election will be compromised.

There is far to go yet, but Mr Horner, its no longer about the players, its now TTFF & Jack Warner vs the T&T High Court and the prevalence of law.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »
Jack you have REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming here.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
FS yuh have real patience ... I woulda done leggo two cuss behind Jack already ...

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 06:02:01 PM »
It seems Rowley not letting Jack get away with  the import or use of US dollars in Bin Hamman's bribery scandal!
I see people getting hold for all kind of minor traffic offences! We will see how this latest attempt goes! Never a dull moment in sweet T &t,

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 05:30:35 AM »
It seems Rowley not letting Jack get away with  the import or use of US dollars in Bin Hamman's bribery scandal!
I see people getting hold for all kind of minor traffic offences! We will see how this latest attempt goes! Never a dull moment in sweet T &t,

Pal....

Keith Rowley is an opportunist and will say anything, all this is just hot air to win votes.

May I remind you that Jack won his seat by a HUGH margin and he will do it again, they love him in T&T because he is the hardest worker in his field and others [politicans] hate him for that. He outshines them.

The FIFA scandal is closed and sealed, Gibbs, Blatter and Kamla wants no part of it.

Stop swallowing everything you read, politics is not for any and everyone.

Jack will raise again.!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:39:40 AM by Jack Horner »

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
Ok Rowley trying to hold on to anything ,he needs the airplay but were any laws violated when the funds  were  brought into the country? Is not that a violation of the custom laws? Is there a case to be investigated? Are you saying because Jack gets votes and he works hard , he should be above the law? There are law abiding and upright citizens who believe that leaders should do so by example ! Leaders must set the example otherwise the society could degenerate even further and we see what is going on right now! Jack cannot leave that hanging so!
What he could do is influence change in the TTFF because he still have those boys in grip? If he influences positive changes, stop the blacklisting and victimization , he may get some reprieve from the public. Chaguanas West alone won't keep him in power ? Everyone is looking on and trinis are long memoried  people! He cannot build roads and bridges alone he has to show some remorse and build bridges between footballers part and present! After all he climbed on their backs to get where he was in football!
Jack could only rise if he humbles  and seeks forgiveness! After all we are human and make mistakes  but show some remorse ! You cant't do wrong and be arrogant about it too!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
Anybody see Mr Horner lately ?

Ent de court case is de 6th of this month. ?

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Wey him in truth? I was also wondering! I heard today from Transparency international that Trinidad and Tobago is sliding down the corruption index and Jack's continuing presence in the Cabinet is not helping. Even if football is to be run like a business there is something called good corporate governance where issues of accountability, transparency play an important part for a business to survive and for clients confidence and support which also apply to running the TTFf. I am an eternal optimist and I am still hoping a turn around will take place .

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:37:02 AM »
Message sent from jail..

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where Jack Horner?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 09:52:55 AM »
Message sent from jail..

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where Jack Horner?

:D you really think that was JW?

1]; } ?>