March 28, 2024, 02:31:25 AM

Author Topic: Jamaica: Jack is being premature..we did not sell out T&T  (Read 5265 times)

truetrini

Jamaica: Jack is being premature..we did not sell out T&T
« on: October 23, 2005, 06:56:26 AM »
'We're no sell out'
... JFF says T&T uproar over Bahrain training camp premature

By Ian Burnett Sports Editor
Sunday, October 23, 2005

The rift between Caribbean football powers Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica could widen after regional football boss Austin "Jack" Warner accused the JFF of selling out the twin-isle republic.

WARNER... accuses JFF of selling out T&T 
According to a report in yesterday's Trinidad and Tobago Express newspaper under the headline, "Jamaica 'sell out' T&T", Warner called it a sad day for Caribbean football because of a decision by Jamaica to host a one-week camp for Bahrain, which is vying with T&T for a place in next year's World Cup Finals in Germany.

"It's a sad day for Caribbean football and Caribbean unity," the newspaper quoted Warner, following a T&TFF press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday.

"Even if they (Bahrain) had paid one million (dollar) for that facility, it should not have been enough," the paper added.
JFF president Crenston Boxhill could not be reached for a comment last night, but first vice-president George Evans suggested the regional boss might have jumped the gun.

"It is premature to suggest that Jamaica has done anything ontoward, because we have entered into no agreement," Evans told the Sunday Observer.

"No contract has been signed with Bahrain. The federation is waiting for written communication from them," he added.
In explaining what has so far transpired with the Bahrain Football Association, general secretary Burchell Gibson said he was "surprised" by the latest outbursts.

"I received a letter from the Bahrain Association that they are interested in setting up a training camp in Jamaica from October 30 to November 8, with the possibility of playing a friendly match on November 4.

"Subsequent to that, the president (Boxhill) made contact with... Warner, who did not have a problem with the game.
"I then requested from the Bahrain Association detailed information on their request, so that the necessary logistics, inclusive of costs to their association, could be finalised."

Earlier yesterday, Boxhill admitted on a radio programme that the Bahrain Association had requested that Jamaica "host them". He also noted that he had "spoken to Jack Warner and had gotten his blessings".

However, it was not certain if Boxhill spoke to Warner about the game only, or about the training camp, which seems to be the root of the problem with the regional boss and FIFA vice-president.
According to the Express, Warner said he had been contacted by Boxhill, who enquired whether Warner had a problem with Jamaica playing a game with Bahrain on November 2.

On Friday, Warner told the media he had no objection to the initial request, since it gave T&T coach Leo Beenhakker the chance to see the Bahrain team in action.

However, he was peeved that Boxhill has since also agreed to facilitate Bahrain for an eight-day camp and give the Middle East contenders the best opportunity to beat T&T.

According to the Express report, Warner said while Guatemala had turned down a similar offer in solidarity with their CONCACAF opponents, Caribbean neighbours Jamaica had gone as far as to suspend their local league, so that the best Jamaican footballers could play a game with Bahrain, who face T&T on November 12 and 16 in a home and away play-off.

"If the blessing had been given by president Warner for a game to be played, it would be a benefit to the technical staff of Trinidad and Tobago, and after such decision, if there was any second thoughts (by Warner), it would have been prudent to advise president Boxhill," Evans added.

Warner's information is that the Middle East country had piled heaps of money before the struggling Jamaican Football Federation, which is desperate for cash.

However, both Evans and Gibson denied that money was discussed.
Trinidad and Tobago earned the right to face Bahrain in a play-off for a spot in the Germany Finals after finishing fourth behind the US, Mexico and Costa Rica in the CONCACAF qualifying series. Bahrain finished third behind Japan and Iran in the Asian Zone Group Two, before edging Uzbekistan, who finished third in Group One behind Saudia Arabia and South Korea.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica: Jack is being premature..we did not sell out T&T
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 07:15:53 AM »
I have been doing some hard wrk calling family  innah Jamaica and back in TNT ..Nuff peopl angry so dem Jumping to Conclusion.. I still do not see this camp ting  even happening..I said it from first dat JA will not play BARRIN without Warner permission.. De only ting nuff Trinibagonians is upset wid is de 8 day camp..I have to sey if a Fertinity going to shut dung for 8 days for 1 million dem mussi really bruck. People we need to stop thinking about JFF and Nakhid.. Jamaica average is  4 man a day does pick up shot and drop dead.. Yu think sey BARRIN want to spend 8 days innah Jamaica?.. I do not see any camp ting happening ..yes dey will play a friendly but dat will be good for TNT.. Trini's remember dem reporters are de same foolish set of individuals who a bawl bout TNT need to score more goals to boost there goal average against Guatemala when de ting was comming dung... Reporters in TNT aint know rass..dem dunsee to rassclaut!!!!!!!!!!!Look at de big education minister a talk bout "breakfasest"... and yu expect reporter to be bright?..
Is TNT alone on this wrl cup campaign but not lets dissrespect our carribean people because of reports dat is not confirm as yet...Is Jamaica so stupid to gave BARRIN 8 day camp?.. Trinidadians ask allyuh  self dat?.. When concacaf daddy is a Trinidadian.. Lets back our country ..stay Focus..foget bout what Nakhid go do ( nakhid a so dotish fi go BARRIN when man like morvant man innah de area ;D).. dem is jes peer ole talk comming from reports..when dem things confirm then we should go from there...
TNT stay focuss and  beat BARRIN  cya from wey mi hear sey..BARRIN  frontline barrin tuh bumboclaut!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 08:19:27 AM »
If the blessing had been given by president Warner for a game to be played, it would be a benefit to the technical staff of Trinidad and Tobago, and after such decision, if there was any second thoughts (by Warner), it would have been prudent to advise president Boxhill," Evans added.

yess
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 09:13:26 AM »
Agree with yuh War!

Until that camp ever come through, then I will believe it.

Same thing for the game.

Nothing has been finalised yet.

Even the Nakhid issue too.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »
well said war well said ;D

:beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 10:12:53 AM »
great points warmonga :applause:
forget what Bahrain doing T&T we need to stay focus.
Support the team all the way.
WE NOT GIVING UP
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
postcard from Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:24:39 AM »
been vacationing on th eisland with my family for teh past week or so. Nuff Jerk Pork and Chicken consumed so far.

But waht is this nonesense I hear Jack Warner stirring up a storm over? Didnt Trinidad set up camp in Panama 5 days before their penultimate world cup qualifying game in Panama City recently? How come the Panama Federation didnt accuse the hotel who accomodatedthe tea mof 'selling out'?

And am i  the only one who think that as a FIFA Vice President, Jack Warner needs to show a little bit more diplomacy when dealing with these types of issues? conflict of interest?

And what is preventing Bahrain from setting up an 8 day camp in cayman/cuba/bahamas ? Would Jack also accusethose countryies of selling out?  As far as I know,the JFF does not own a national training facility. So them staying  in Jamaica for 8 days in prep for Trinidad has nothing to d owith the JFF.  They more than likelwy will be booking into one of the north coast hotels. This is not a footbal issue, Jack Warner!   

And what if Trinidad had decided to go on a 5 da ycamp in Iran to prepare for the Bahrain game. I doubt Bahrain would threaten sancions against Iran for it.

Jack needs to show a little bit more confidence in his charges to get the job done. Seems he is alread trying to find a scape goat.

I have the feeling that Boxhill will go ahead and play the game vs Bharain. Its not within the JFF's power to ask th emany hotels in Jamaica no tto accomodate teh Bharain team if they want to satay at their facility,so that is a none-issue. there are at least 20 other destination in te Caribbean for Baharain to saty if they want to. Antigua,dominica,st.vincent etc,all just a hop away fropm trinidad.

anyway, I going to the beach in a little.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 11:37:00 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: postcard from Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 11:29:23 AM »
deal done everybody done make up them mind so guess what we decided to forget about that and deal with our immenent treat which iz bahrain and then after we qualify we will deal with the snakes

enjoy yuh vacation and doh study it we forgive allyuh

when i hungry i does eat anything too ;D

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 11:31:04 AM »
RF i think u're missing the point again. Bahrain could go anywhere and train for 8 days before d game. They could even go to trinidad two weeks prior to get accustomed to conditions. i think its the fact that the federation cancelled domestic competition to faciliate a competitive friendly is what has people stressin out on this site. the more i read and think about it, the more i realize it dont really matter in the great scheme of things. Trinidad will do the business
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 11:34:16 AM »
Boss, how is cancelling the Jamaican domestic league so that their team can prepare better, thus providing Bahrain with a greater fight a problem for Trinidad?
Am I missing something here?
Steups.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 11:38:27 AM »
im sure Iran would do anythin in their power to help us qualify vs bahrain, iran and som of there nieghborghs arn not friends. also what if Jack warner was jamaica and and we set up camp for bahrain b4 they play u. it would be the same thing. people talk about warner yet the president of fifa can fix a world cup and people dont talk. warner looks out for trinidad. the same way your guys are looking out for jamaica by taking the money for the camp. no 1 cares wether its right or wrong people are just doing whats in their best interests. personally i think they can go play jamacia make camp etc. but they still wont be good enough. what are u gonna learn in a couple weeks that u havnt learned in years. they will climatise but thats it. and who knows they might pick up an injury or 2. i dont argree with Jamaica for doin this, but what else would i expect  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 11:40:21 AM »
RF,

It is more than your Countrys million dollars at stake here.

It is a 4th automatic World Cup spot that will benefit the Concacaf region as a whole.

It is Concacaf vs Asia!

At least Guatemala had a lil forsight and wisdom as to see what is the greater long term good.

How can you equate one country going directly into their opponents country for prep, and one going thru a third party who is suppoed to be your Friend.

It come like this RF......You going and brush a gyul. You cyar wait to do it.........but she going by yuh friend down the road, giving him some money, he practicing on her, then after she figuring out what she doing wrong....he like it so  :D

She not supposed to get accustomed. To the house, the neighbourhood, the friend nobody!

She just supposed to fly in Get she drawers buss and hurt and fly right back out.

We  just supposed to take a last bad mind chook in she house 4 days later and throw she way after!

As for your vacation.......please continue until after the 16th When we beat Bahrain.

I cant say I missed your jabs at us.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
RF its good to hear from you again but I don't think there's any need to be upset. Jack is politician and a very good one at that. We the public only know a portion of the entrire story. I think this is all staged and relations between JFF and T&TFF are all well and good. Trinidad and Tobago will beat Bahrain qualify for the World Cup and Jack and Boxhill will continue to bounce glasses.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 11:47:53 AM »
i think its the fact that the federation cancelled domestic competition to faciliate a competitive friendly is what has people stressin out on this site.

recently when Jamaica played Australia,  I didnt read anywhere that they had suspended teh domestic league to allow the best local players the chance to travel to England. In fact, I've never heard of the league bein gsuspended in Jamaica t oacomodate players playing ntyernational football. Jack is trying to stirr up a storm,an dto make Jamaica look bad by making these allegations. He had no problem with Jmaica playing Bahrain, but he has a  problem with Jamaica fielding a full strength local squad? Doesnt make one bit of sense. And this whole Guatemala turnin gdown Baharain after consulting Jack Warner is a bag of Bull. So wh ydid Jack have a problem with Guatemala playing Bharian, but didnt have a problem with teh same Bahrain playing Jamaica.

I whole thing reflects badly on Jack Warner, and as a FIFA executive,he must show more diplomacy. Once can view this whole thing as a classic case of conflict of interest. What happened to fairplay? you have a senior FIFA executive tryin gto deny the Bharain team teh chance to prepare fully for an important world cup qualifying game!

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Well RF, that whole Jamaican sell out scene is not a bother. You can do us here one favour, if yuh see a few members of the JA team, tell them to hit them Bahrainians RELLL HARD for us, bruise them up!!! and then we'll forget about the sell out
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »
Boss, how is cancelling the Jamaican domestic league so that their team can prepare better, thus providing Bahrain with a greater fight a problem for Trinidad?
Steups.

Unless I missing something, I never hear ah league having to cancel it's program to prepare for a friendly. No wonder Sam does call them dotish.
That makes no sense. Just take the best 18 out of the league and have them play. Wah kinda preparation they need for Bahrain :D
Well maybe after the 5 they collect from Australia they eh takin no chances with Bahrain :rotfl:

And RF ah hope you enjoyin yuh vacation...and try not to choke on ah chicken bone while yuh suckin the juice outta it.

Come on RF Bahrain thinking that Jamaica is the closest thing in the Caribbean to match TnT quality, they think we close in level of play.    They wrong but that is what they think so why go to Cayman islands or Dominica to play who? The local primary school ???

People upset because Jamaica is doing something that Trinidad and Tobago would NEVER do. Is just that simple alright.

It is the principalities, RF the principalities.

Doh worry we go ress it good on Bahrain but yuh brother should never give aid and comfort to the enemy.

Ah goin and call dah Madman called Bush in allyuh A$$.

Offline butaimaa

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
Your absolutely right

Japan were also camping in the united Arab Emarits and played friendly match aginst them.

And nobody in Bahrain said anything or makes such a big deal of it. Its just a Football  game  for gods ace.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:04:09 PM by butaimaa »

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 12:01:04 PM »
when you going and play against a country you must be able to go there a while before the match so trinidad going to panama to play panama is nothing to talk about o.k what they go get vex for we coming there to play panama but jamaica not playing against bahrain for anything jamaica have nothing football wise to get from this camp because no jamaica player going and get a contract to play in the middle east they just using jamaica they woulda have any interest in jamica if they were not scared about we

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 12:01:44 PM »
its just ah soccer game :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 12:04:12 PM »
Allyuh talkin to RF bout principles?  Steupes.  Good example of a oxymoron fuh any teachers out deh.

Leh we overs dis whole issue nah.  Jamaica goin and do wha dem go do and we have no control over it.

We (i.e T&T football team) have control what we do on the field and that s he only thing that matters.

If T&T defeats Bahrain...dem same yardie go want to come and smile up in we face and say congrats (genuinely in some cases like Lazie and frenemy in others like RF).  If we lose....dey go laugh at we and pull out dem Bahrain flag.

Jes so it go.  Leh we doh waste no more time and energy on dis.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 12:05:07 PM »
Allyuh talkin to RF bout principles?

Leh we overs dis whole issue nah.  Jamaica goin and do wha dem go do and we have no control over it.

We (i.e T&T football team) have control what we do on the field and that s he only thing that matters.

If T&T defeats Bahrain...dem same yardie go want to come and smile up in we face and say congrats (genuinely in some cases like Lazie and frenemy in others like RF).  If we lose....dey go laugh at we and pull out dem Bahrain flag.

Jes so it go.  Leh we doh waste no more time and energy on dis.

for real  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline butaimaa

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 12:06:25 PM »
its just ah soccer game :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

how is it now? ???

And sorry for my bad English
i just had a piont  that i thought i can share it with u

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 12:06:46 PM »
Steups.

Unless I missing something, I never hear ah league having to cancel it's program to prepare for a friendly. No wonder Sam does call them dotish.
That makes no sense. Just take the best 18 out of the league and have them play. Wah kinda preparation they need for Bahrain :D
Well maybe after the 5 they collect from Australia they eh takin no chances with Bahrain :rotfl:

And RF ah hope you enjoyin yuh vacation...and try not to choke on ah chicken bone while yuh suckin the juice outta it.

Come on RF Bahrain thinking that Jamaica is the closest thing in the Caribbean to match TnT quality, they think we close in level of play.    They wrong but that is what they think so why go to Cayman islands or Dominica to play who? The local primary school ???

People upset because Jamaica is doing something that Trinidad and Tobago would NEVER do. Is just that simple alright.

It is the principalities, RF the principalities.

Doh worry we go ress it good on Bahrain but yuh brother should never give aid and comfort to the enemy.

Ah goin and call dah Madman called Bush in allyuh A$$.

Jac kwarner is a troublemaker and a liar. The Domestic League has not been suspended to accomodate anything, Jack is only trying t ofind something to add substance to his very weak arguement.  He indicated to the JFF that he was OK with them playinm gBahrain, end of story,i tshuoldnt be of concern t ohim weather Ja used its A squad, b squad or C squad. The whole arguement being pu tforward b ywarner is flawed, as it seems he didnt take the timeout to think over his arguements before submitting it. You accuse a country of 'selling out' after you gave the same country the all clear to play the game. Jack is a coward, and he is trying to cover his ass. Soif Trinida fails to get by Bahrain, another chapter will be written....Jamaica will get the blame. I read the article over and over, and that was the only conclusion I could come up with. shocking thing is that many here chose to back Jack Warner in this nonsense.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 12:08:57 PM »

how is it now? ???

nothing against you my friend but saying this is just a soccer game is a huge understatement. this is life to me and many others
without football there is nothing to live for except sex and that dont even last 90mins plus extra time :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 12:12:15 PM »
shocking thing is that many here chose to back Jack Warner in this nonsense.

So who we go back RF.You, Boxhill and JA.

What all yuh ever do for us.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline butaimaa

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 12:17:04 PM »

how is it now? ???

nothing against you my friend but saying this is just a soccer game is a huge understatement. this is life to me and many others
without football there is nothing to live for except sex and that dont even last 90mins plus extra time :beermug:

a got a good point here

Football is some how a life to us 2, and its our dream to reach the world cup to

but does it worth 2 turn this lovely game in to a political war?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 12:18:18 PM »
shocking thing is that many here chose to back Jack Warner in this nonsense.

So who we go back RF.You, Boxhill and JA.

What all yuh ever do for us.

RF conveniently ignoring de fact dat Trinis not upset dat Jamaica playin Bahrain.  Trinis upset dat Jamaica allowin Bahrain to have a 8 day camp in Jamaica to prepare fuh a WC elimination game against they so called neighbours goin to de extent of suspendin dey own domestic league so dat local clubs cyah hold back players citin conflict in schedule.

But dat is RF.  As ah say Touches...leh we jes overs dis.  Leh we concentrate on we team selection, who go be playin where, who goin de game, where man meetin up etc.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 02:00:57 PM »
nice post warmonga, nice tuh see yuh have we back, cause people need to understand that when we qulaify we will be representing the whole caribbean.

I not worried, i think that the jamaican camp will do bahrain no good.

Ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »
I don;t see what the problem is ...

Bahrain need a camp in the region to get used to the atmosphere and weather ...

T&T are free to do the same ... this is a normal thing in world football ... U don't just go to an area you never been it... to play a style of football against a team you have no idea about ...

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 02:56:40 PM »
What the  :cursing: wrong with with RF.
He shoulda stay on his vaction because he come back and talking alot of  :bs:.
Jamaica have no sense of Caribbean Unity what so ever.
I think is time that we trinis stop try to expect anything better from our Caribbean "Brothers" the smile in our face and stab us in our backs over and over.
Small thing the Lord say if u get slap on one side of your face offer the next side.
We still have love for allya.
As the best artist in the Caribbean said "We Will Carry On"
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

1]; } ?>