April 18, 2024, 01:30:13 PM

Author Topic: The Lightning Bolt Road Show!!  (Read 31029 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Lightning Bolt Road Show!!
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »
that article from 2008 i believe...but yeah Carl Lewis always sour

He should not talk, ask him about them braces on he teeth he use to wear , or the drug test he fail that was hidden

De braces had time release HGH in dem or wha'?  Lemmih find out Carl Lewis was on some James Bond shit... Agent Double-O Negro lol

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
me eh know what carl talkin bout but he always seemed to have that extra sugar in his tank

truetrini

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »
apart from dat extra sugar...which is not dispositive to the issue, he was a druggist

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
that article from 2008 i believe...but yeah Carl Lewis always sour

He should not talk, ask him about them braces on he teeth he use to wear , or the drug test he fail that was hidden

De braces had time release HGH in dem or wha'?  Lemmih find out Carl Lewis was on some James Bond shit... Agent Double-O Negro lol
Bakes I think you need to watch the video in the thread Interesting Documentary: The Race that Shocked the World! link (http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=57542.0) if you haven't already done so to understand the braces drugs suspicion argument regards Carl.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:14:54 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
Man here talking about how Carl had to brace he bamsee more than he teeth yes,,,steups SMDH   :devil:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »
apart from dat extra sugar...which is not dispositive to the issue, he was a druggist

sounds like you taking that personally ..

truetrini

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »

sounds like you taking that personally ..

IS like some obsessed with bamsee not me breds, I into douglas..female ones too...pretty female ones...top of the line!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWYvjvzhar4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eWYvjvzhar4</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWYvjvzhar4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eWYvjvzhar4</a>

i hear it on sportmax , kill he dead  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
Get a life Ben
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »
Seems like Ben has been sampling some other types of drugs. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »
De man say nine-three!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Top speed I'm running zero point nine seconds....he's running z...point one..."  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seems like Ben has been sampling some other types of drugs. 

seems like you're right!!  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:15:38 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

truetrini

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2012, 08:44:49 PM »
Well some of what he says is valid, tracks are faster, diet and training, no drive phase shoes too....Ben used drugs to recover faster and beat people.that was cheating...but he was really faster than the other cheaters...and I doubt anyone could get out the blocks as fast as Ben..damn he was quick out the blocks, even today that man flew.

Would he be beating Bolt today?  I doubt it, but man he was something when he took to the track.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:50:11 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
I watched the documentary about him a few weeks ago, never saw someone literally jump out the blocks, insane stuff.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BOLT: I AM LEGEND
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,164558.html

BOLT: I AM LEGEND
By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH Friday, August 10 2012

Usain Bolt is now a true living legend.

Yesterday, at a packed Olympic Stadium in London, England, the well-built Jamaican sprinter became the first man to have ever successfully completed the defence of an Olympics sprint double title when he blasted to victory in the men’s 200 metres with a season best performance of 19.32 seconds. Bolt’s flawless performance now sees him standing at the highest point of his professional athletic career.

However, what illuminated Bolt’s win even more is that last Sunday, the 25-year-old sprinter shattered the Olympic record in the 100 metres with another blistering golden performance of 9.63 seconds. To add icing to the cake, this was the first ever Olympic 200 metres final that saw Jamaican athletes sweep the top-three finishes, as compatriots Yohan Blake and Warren Weir cemented the silver (19.44s) and bronze (19.84s) respectively. Both 22-year-olds have shown significant athletic prowess throughout the Games and their 200 metres results have stamped their names on the international sprint circuit forever.

After his golden run, Bolt amplified his overall competitive aura and may now be classed as the new Muhammed Ali of this era. Ali, the legendary American boxing champion, was well known for his unorthodox fighting style, which he described as “floating like a butterfly, but stinging like a bee”. Bolt can be similarly characterised in this way since he has won all his Olympic events with a comfortable and cool stride, injected with high levels of confidence.

As Bolt’s powerful legs left the starting line yesterday, victory never looked too positive for any of the other competing athletes. The seasoned sprinter led the eight-man pack throughout the entire race, but was given a slight challenge by countryman Blake with the final 50 metres remaining. With the thousands packed into the Olympic Stadium screaming “Bolt, Bolt, Bolt”, the powerhouse Jamaican never let up and barely increased his overall speed to affirm authority over the race.

The stadium’s audience erupted in celebration as they were well aware that history was written right before their eyes in less than 20 seconds. Bolt’s impeccable performance saw him go into a celebratory frenzy as he began jumping up and down knowing fully well, that this was the pinnacle of his athletic career. He became the first athlete to win the 100 metres and 200 metres events in two successive Olympics as he had also raced away with two gold at the Games in Beijing, China in 2008.

It took Bolt some seconds after his performance to realise that it was a Jamaican sweep of the 200 metres final. The lanky sprinter applauded his countrymen’s memorable contributions and hugged the duo, beaming with pride. Bolt then began jokingly doing push-ups on the track, signalling the victory was a cool and easy one, and that he was ready for more. The powerhouse may have gone into a frenzy as he ran to the crowd and joined in celebrations with Jamaican loyalists and excited British fans.

The sprinter then took a media photographer’s camera and began shooting photos of his silver and bronze medal team-mates, along with photos of himself and other media personnel at the side of the track. At this time, the crowd went wild and were heard chanting “Bolt” and “Jamaica” at the top of their lungs.

Bolt’s words after his record breaking victory were indeed an inspiration to all. Knowing the dedication, commitment, anxiety, sleepless nights, lengthy training hours, media propaganda and all other obstacles were finally over, Bolt expressed elation with himself and his Jamaican compatriots.

“For me it was just wonderful. For me, it was all about just wanting it. I wanted to become a legend, I went out there and I did my greatest. My aim was to come out here and become a legend. I am a legend now. I am a living legend without a doubt. I showed the world that I am the best no matter what. This is what I do and I’m happy with myself,” explained a pumped up Bolt.

He commended his team-mates on a job well done by grabbing the silver and bronze.

“All I got to say is ‘Races to the world’, that’s it. These guys (Blake and Weir) have worked hard and they have been pushing themselves. They’ve pushed me, we’ve worked hard together throughout the season. We’ve really worked our hearts out to be great and thanks to Glen Mills (coach), he really pushed us to be champions,” continued an ecstatic Bolt.

The global sprint king gave a detailed revelation of his performance during the race. Bolt admitted he was well aware of Blake’s presence, but was not going to let him win. Although the sprint sensation dominated throughout the entire race, he indicated his old back injury began to slightly affect him in the final 75 metres. However, his explanation revealed a heightened sense of technical perfection that was implemented in the right place at the right time.

“I know that Yohan (Blake) was in lane four so I know he was going to be coming. I really had to push myself out of the turn, because I know I’m the better turner and I had to win the race off the turn. When I came off the turn I could feel the strain on my back (previous injury), maybe my back’s not as strong as I thought it was. I could feel the strain, maybe I ran too fast or something or technique didn’t go in properly, but all I could think right now was keep your form, don’t try to push yourself too much and I didn’t want anything to go wrong so I just continued in my stride and went through,” he added.News Editor of the Jamaica Gleaner, Adrian Frater, revealed yesterday that Jamaica erupted in celebrations of the historic feat. Asked about Bolt’s performance on the biggest sporting stage, Frater proudly stated, “Absolutely electric. Never before seen by anyone in the world. And not only Bolt’s winning show, but to have three Jamaicans at the centre-stage, this achievement is out of this world.”

Frater revealed that street parties in Jamaica had already began and thousands came out to celebrate the historic feat.

“Screens were put up all across Jamaica and the place is presently in pandemonium. Usain showed us hope. But his victory today has shown us reality, he brought our hopes to life and Jamaica is ecstatic and in uproar at this moment. I didn’t even realise we got all three positions, that was the most patriotic race I have ever seen for my country. Big up the yellow, black and green. The island is going to be celebrating this for a long time,” he said.

With excitement in his voice, Frater concluded, “This has united us all in Jamaica. We do not expect any major crimes tonight (last night) because when things like this happen, we come together as one. Regardless of our crime situation right now, we are together celebrating this achievement as a proud country.”

Kalif Bagalue, a 23-year-old who was born in Mandeville, Jamaica but presently resides in Trinidad, spoke to Newsday yesterday and held his head high for his homeland.

“Being here in Trinidad, I feel so proud. Bolt and his team-mates proved to the world that our training programmes are successful. They have been trying to get the best out of the programmes for some time now and this is it. Today shows the level of success of these programmes. I feel uplifted, I feel proud. Jamaica you large,” said the athletic enthusiast.

In conclusion, Bolt made sure to thank all his loyal supporters who stood with him through it all. He sent shout-outs to his personal friends in Jamaica, but was very stern to those who only supported him when he’s at the top. In his true Jamaican patois slang, Bolt exclaimed, “Thank you guys for supporting me. My true friends them, I’m not talkin’ the wagonist (band wagonists) them. I’m talking about my true friends that supported me even when I lost (to Blake in Olympic qualifiers). Big up everybody, my grandmother, everybody, and the Four Corner Group, big you guys up. Big up Jamaica, to the world.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:54 AM »
Ben talking out his big fat sour grapes arse!! usain bolt is the best runner tuh ever live, and i doubt there will ever be another like bolt in our life time. ben johnson needs to stop hating and get a life, him and carla lewis.

PS: a white man woulda never resort to this kind of petty squabling, instead they would congratulate their yutes and leave their trash talking for private moments. like i always say, "the old n!###r have no shame WSE"  shameless black men!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
Ben talking out his big fat sour grapes arse!! usain bolt is the best runner tuh ever live, and i doubt there will ever be another like bolt in our life time. ben johnson needs to stop hating and get a life, him and carla lewis.

PS: a white man woulda never resort to this kind of petty squabling, instead they would congratulate their yutes and leave their trash talking for private moments. like i always say, "the old n!###r have no shame WSE"  shameless black men!
Have you considered that he believes what he said?
Why try to make this an issue about black people trying to paint all of us in a negative light?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:21:33 AM by Socapro »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »

So what about Lance Armstrong and his compadres calling him out - any different??
Have some respect for my race!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
Carl and others in the US media are the first to cast doubts and aspersion after Bolt started beating Gay so comfortable. Then after Beijing they start throwing the doping bombs. Unless Carl and Victor Conte can prove their allegations are true then they have no case. But The US is just pissed that the premier events of the Olimpics are now dominated by someone else. Plus, Bolt is rubbin' it into their faces. And if Bolt stays healthy for Rio, there is a possibilty of more "humiliation". I honestly like Carl as a consummate athlete. I did not mind his "arrogance" then. It is what motivates every athlete. But he is a whiner when things don't go his way.

truetrini

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »
Carl and others in the US media are the first to cast doubts and aspersion after Bolt started beating Gay so comfortable. Then after Beijing they start throwing the doping bombs. Unless Carl and Victor Conte can prove their allegations are true then they have no case. But The US is just pissed that the premier events of the Olimpics are now dominated by someone else. Plus, Bolt is rubbin' it into their faces. And if Bolt stays healthy for Rio, there is a possibilty of more "humiliation". I honestly like Carl as a consummate athlete. I did not mind his "arrogance" then. It is what motivates every athlete. But he is a whiner when things don't go his way.

ALl this time and effort discussing what Lewis said in 2008??? steups

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have no respect for Carl Lewis, says Bolt
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2012, 01:52:27 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/I_have_no_respect_for_Carl_Lewis__says_Bolt-165821846.html

I have no respect for Carl Lewis, says Bolt
Story Created: Aug 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM ECT

Newly-crowned "greatest-ever sprinter" Usain Bolt said on Thursday he had lost all respect for Carl Lewis, the man whose on-track exploits he has surpassed with his unique Olympic double-double but who still leads the way in self-regard.

American Lewis is the only other man to win two Olympic 100m gold medals, the second coming in 1988 when he was promoted from second place after the disqualification of Ben Johnson.

He won the 200m in 1984 but managed only silver four years later. He did, however, have a remarkable run of success in the long jump, winning that event in four successive Games for a tally of nine golds in all.

In the wake of Bolt's triple-gold record success in Beijing Lewis was quick to point the finger of suspicion at him and Jamaica in general.

"I think there are some issues," he said at the time.

"Countries like Jamaica do not have a random (drugs testing) programme, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field.

"I'm not saying they've done anything for certain. I don't know. But how dare anybody feel that there shouldn't be scrutiny, especially in our sport?"

He has continued to fire broadsides ever since but Bolt, now with his sprinting record unquestionably superior, hit back.

"I'm going to say something controversial right now, Carl Lewis--I have no respect for him," Bolt said, having cited 1936 quadruple champion Jesse Owens as a man he held in the highest regard.

"The things he (Lewis) says about the track athletes, it's really downgrading for another athlete to be saying something like that about other athletes.

"I think he is just looking for attention really because nobody really talks much about him. It was really sad for me when I heard the other day what he was saying, it was upsetting.

"So, for me, I've lost all respect for him, all respect.

"It was all about drugs, about drugs stuff for me. For an athlete to be out of the sport saying that was really upsetting for me. As far as I am concerned he is just looking for attention."

Lewis tested positive three times for a stimulant before the 1988 Games but had the results overturned by American officials.

He was named "Athlete of the 20th Century" by the IOC, the IAAF, and American magazine Sports Illustrated and has always seemed uncomfortable with the idea that someone from the 21st could surpass his achievements.

Asked before the London Games what he thought of Bolt, he said: "It's just...interesting.

"I watch the results like everyone else and wait...for time to tell."

Even after Bolt won his second 100m title, Lewis's congratulations were wrapped in barbed wire.

"He repeats and he's tremendous and he's the second person to do it and congratulations," he said last week.

"The thing for me, what I really admire about anyone, is longevity. We still have to have the longevity and dominance through the era because for me performance-wise, you really have to put longevity in.

"I'm really not trying to take anything away from his performance because it was tremendous, but you've got to see the consistency over a period of time because as of now it's just a four-year period and you really have to see a continuous dominance.

"We'll see."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Showman Bolt finally a legend
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2012, 01:55:13 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Showman_Bolt_finally_a_legend-165821856.html

Showman Bolt finally a legend

l LONDON

Usain Bolt finally permitted the world to acclaim him as a sporting legend after the supreme showman of track and field delivered another superlative performance at the London Olympics on Thursday.

Bolt danced around the bend in the men's 200 metres final, accelerated past Yohan Blake on his inside and glanced quickly to his left to check he was ahead of his Jamaican teammate.

Satisfied he had the race won, he sauntered over the line with his right index finger held high. His time of 19.32 seconds equalled the then world record set by Michael Johnson at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics which statisticians estimated would last another quarter of a century.

Instead Bolt reduced it to 19.30 at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and then to 19.19 at the Berlin world championships the following year. He also broke the 100 record twice.

Last Sunday Bolt joined Carl Lewis as the second man to retain the 100 title but said he would defer any talk of legends until he went one better than the American and successfully defended both sprint crowns.

There were no such inhibitions on Thursday after Bolt led Blake and Warren Weir to a Jamaican clean sweep. The United States, the traditional giants of Olympic sprinting, are the only other country to win all three medals in a single Games.

"It's what I came here to do, I'm now a legend," Bolt said after a joyous victory lap with Blake and Weir during which he acknowledged the tumultuous applause from all parts of the Olympic stadium.

"I'm also the greatest athlete to live. I am in the same category as Michael Johnson. I'm honoured. It's all about Michael Johnson for me. I grew up watching him break world records. He's a great athlete."

Bolt made his early reputation as a 200 metres runner and coach Glen Mills, who took charge after injury ruined Bolt's 2004 Athens Olympics campaign, was keen for him to try the 400.

Instead Bolt persuaded Mills to let him drop to the 100, which he did with spectacular success with his world records in Beijing and Berlin.

Johnson, who won the 200-400 double in Atlanta and retained his 400 title at the 2000 Sydney Games believes Bolt could go where no man or women has ever gone and set a world record in the 400 to add to his 100 and 200 marks.

Bolt has said repeatedly that both training for and racing the 400 would be too painful an experience but he did concede this year that a further debate with Mills is on the cards after the season ends.

"I sense that my coach wants me to run it, I think we are going to have a showdown after the season," he said.

First Bolt will help his teammates try to retain the 4x100 metres relay title.

The final is scheduled for this evening, the penultimate night of the Games. Victory for the Jamaicans would give Bolt six Olympic track medals, one ahead of Lewis who also won four long jump titles.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Restless Bolt needs a new goal
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:15 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Restless_Bolt_needs_a_new_goal-165821756.html

Restless Bolt needs a new goal

The Olympic double-double achieved and his "living legend" status in the pantheon of great sprinters now secure, Usain Bolt plans to think long and hard about just how long he can remain master of his domain.

A world that has marvelled and gushed at the Jamaican's raw speed, world records and Olympic titles now waits to see what the fastest man on earth will do next.

It is time for reflection in the Court of Bolt. The great showman of track and field, with a passion for sports and fast cars, is not ready to hang up his spikes, but he is restless for a new challenge, one that can satisfy his great lust for life.

"I'm not going to retire yet. I love this sport. I have got all my success through this sport. I got all my fans through this sport," Bolt said after scorching to back-to-back Games 200 metres titles on Thursday, completing the 100-200 sprint double as he had done in Beijing four years ago.

"I have made my goal, now I have to sit down and make another one."

At 25 and with five Olympic sprint golds tucked away in a safe "with some armed men around them", and a sixth beckoning in the relay, Bolt is searching for a new horizon to conquer, one that will give him the motivation he craves.

Time, which catches up eventually with Olympic champions and park runners alike, would still appear to be on Bolt's side. For Bolt, though, Beijing and London were "my time".

The future, he said, was for compatriots Yohan Blake and Warren Weir, silver and bronze medallists in a Jamaican podium sweep on Thursday.

Bolt and Blake, 22, share the same coach, train together and have a strong friendship away from the track but down in the blocks they are fierce rivals.

"I said to him (Blake in 2010) 'you came around the wrong time, these next two years are mine'. I had to show him these next two years are mine."

Britain's Linford Christie was 32 when he won 100 gold in 1992 in Barcelona. Bolt will be on the cusp of 30 during the next Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and may not be in Brazil.

"I think when I get to 30 I will be thinking about retiring. Track and field is way too hard," he said.

"Yohan Blake is running 19.4 already, so in the next four years he's going to be firing. I think I want to get out before he starts running too fast.

"I think it's going to be a hard mission (in Rio). Both these guys (Blake and Weir) are 22—I'm going to be 30, they are going to be 26. I think I've had my time. In life everything is possible, but for me this is going to be a hard match."

Like great sprinters Jesse Owens and Carl Lewis, Bolt has one eye on the long jump pit.

"That's something I've always wanted to try," he said.

Could his sporting future lie away from the track?

The world's fastest man often likes to talk up his prowess as a footballer and cricketer, letting it be known again, tongue firmly in cheek, after his 100 victory that his dream was to play for Manchester United.

Bolt, in his own words is "an accomplished player".

United manager Alex Ferguson is unlikely to dash for the telephone before the start of the Premier League season but Bolt has reached the stage in his career where anything is possible.

"I made a goal to become a legend. If I can't find something to motivate me, then maybe football. I don't know. Only if I am good, remember that.

"I'm definitely thinking about it. After this Olympics I don't know, so I'll see." Winter sports, however, are not on the agenda. "I'm not going to be in the Jamaican bobsleigh team."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No retirement plans yet for Bolt
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-08-11/no-retirement-plans-yet-bolt

No retirement plans yet for Bolt
Published: Saturday, August 11, 2012

London—Usain Bolt insisted he had no intention of retiring after becoming the first man to win the sprint double in successive Olympic Games, but he did admit he would need to find a new goal to remain motivated. And the 25-year-old also claimed he would find it hard to defend his titles once more at Rio 2016 with the compatriots he led home in Thursday night’s 200m final—Yohan Blake and Warren Weir—both only 22. “I think it’s going to be a hard mission,” Bolt said. “Both these guys are 22. They are going to be 26, I’m going to be 30 (his birthday is August 21, the day of the closing ceremony in Rio). “Both these guys are running extremely well right now. I think I’ve had my time. It’s going to be hard. In life everything is possible, but for me this is going to be a hard reach because there’s going to be a lot more talent coming up and these guys have really stepped up already. “For me I’m not looking that far. I’ve made myself a legend, I’m just going to enjoy it right now. To have set a goal for yourself for years to become a legend and then to accomplish that goal is just a wonderful feeling. “You can’t explain the happiness in that because it’s not going to hit you until you get home, sit down and reminisce and you are talking to your friends and they say ‘Remember when you got injured here and you got injured there, remember Yohan beat you here.’ “Those are the things that will bring tears to your eyes because you’ve got to remember the journey that you’ve pushed through and then the happiness will come out. I know that when I sit down and think about the struggles that I’ve been through over the seasons...I’m not saying I’m going to cry, but I’m going to be really happy.”

Such comments prompted a question about whether today’s 4x100m relay final—assuming Jamaica qualify—could even be his last race, but Bolt insisted that was still some way in the future. “No, no, no, I’m not ready to retire yet,” he added. “I love this sport, I have got all my success through this sport, all my fans through this sport, so I’ll always continue to run. “I think when I get to 30 I’ve got to be thinking about retirement because track and field is way too hard. It’s rough day in and day out. Yohan Blake is running 19.4 already, his personal best is 19.2, so in the next four years he’s going to be firing. I think I’d like to get out early, before he starts running too fast, so for me 30, yes, I definitely think I’ll retire about that time.” Bolt’s dream of playing for Manchester United as a speedy winger would appear rather unlikely even for a man of his talents, so where does he go from here? The subject of the 400m was quickly slapped down—“No to the 400m, no. Please do not ask any more questions about the 400m”—as was a conversion to the Winter Olympics and the Jamaican bobsleigh team, but the long jump could be a possibility. (AP)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »
Would love to see him in Rio, further silence de critics, can you imagine if he did this 3 olympics in a row?  wow, 2 is already remarkable
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
Bolt mentioned everything else except the quarter - football(??), long jump(??).

Seems like he's really terrified of that event, though it may be the only event he might have a lock on should he switch within the next 4 years, as new/young guns emerge in the short sprints.

If there was an event to not just cement his "legend" status but solidify it, it is the 400m that would prove him victorious in all three sprints.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:50:39 PM by STMB »

truetrini

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »
Bolt Chapter 2, verses 19-32

19: And on the fourteenth day when they were all gathered in a certain place in the land of Lon, these swift men of many nations, Usain, he being the swiftest of the lot, did turn and say to his fellow brethren from the land of Jahm.

20: Verily I shall go before thee to prepare a place on the mountain for all of us and one shall stand on my right hand and the other on my left.

21: For know thee this, there are precious metals on offer and it is written that we are the chosen ones and that we alone shall partake of the gold, silver and bronze which they have prepared for us on Olympia.

22: There shall be none before us.

23: There shall be none with us on the mount of victory

24: Verily shall the naysayers be silenced and they shall behold the people of Jahm

25: And they shall say amongst themselves "What sign is this? How can a land so small produce such giants?"

26: And they will be struck dumb.

27: We shall cover ourselves with the Black, the Green and the Gold and show them the back of our spiked feet.

28: They shall try to overtake us on the curved path. They will fail.

29: They will try to ambush us in the straits. But they will again fail, for we will have already passed that way.

30: The tribe of Lewis shall make burnt offerings and pray that duppy will tek us but they will fail and be blinded, dumbfounded and confounded.

31: You Yohan of the Beastly Tribe, and you young Warrior of the Tribe of Weir are the chosen ones to be with me in victory.

32: Therefore I say unto thee brethren of Racers, come swiftly and tarry not in this starting place and I will meet thee both at the end of this chevroned path.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt brings a bit of Mo to 4x100 relay
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2012, 04:59:40 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Bolt_brings_a_bit_of_Mo_to_4x100_relay-165884596.html

Bolt brings a bit of Mo to 4x100 relay
Story Created: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM ECT

Just when Britain's double Olympic champion Mo Farah thought his Saturday night could not get any better, Jamaica's Usain Bolt decided to borrow his trademark celebration as he crossed the line in a world-record time in the 4x100 relay yesterday.

Never short of a celebration, the world's fastest man chose Farah's 'Mobot'— where he places his hands on his head to create an 'M' for Mo—as the perfect pose for a finish being beamed around the globe.

To share the stage with Bolt—the pair later swapped poses on the podium—was a strange spotlight for such a quiet man, but it may be something Farah will have to get used to following his success in London.

"Usain Bolt is a legend, what he does for the sport is amazing. For him to do the 'Mobot' when he's breaking a world record was unbelievable," said Farah after winning the 5,000 metres on Saturday to add to the 10,000 crown he roared to a week ago.

Farah's victory, which made him the seventh man to win both events at the same Olympics and the first Briton to win either, will go down as one of the Games' greatest moments, illustrated by deafening roars from the crowd and chants of 'Mo' that reverberated around the stadium.

"As a young athlete you dream of becoming an Olympic champion. To do it twice is just unbelievable," the 29-year-old said.

"The crowd was inspiring, if it wasn't for them I don't think I would have dug in as deep. It just got louder and louder, it reminded me of when you go to a football match and somebody scores a goal—wow."

Farah, whose career has blossomed since moving to the US under coach Alberto Salazar, has been through a variety of training methods including altitude training in Kenya ahead of his London Olympics return and said he had also been racking up the miles in preparation.

"I've been working out in the winter over 120 miles a week, week in, week out, so there were days when I got up and I'm tired, but when you have a vision and you have a dream, you dig in more. I'm just excited, these two medals mean a lot to me."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No more goals ...Bolt unsure about Rio
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/No_more_goals-165941266.html

No more goals
Bolt unsure about Rio...

Story Created: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM ECT

l LONDON

Toting his third gold medal of the London Games, Usain Bolt gave a little wave to 80,000 or so of his best friends in the Olympic Stadium stands.

Almost immediately, the questions started: What did that mean? Was Bolt bidding adieu for good? Will he be back? Will the world get to watch him sprint on his sport's biggest stage again in 2016?

"It was a goodbye to London. I was just having fun with the crowd," the Jamaican explained. "I came here to London to become a legend, and I am a legend, and I wanted to thank them for supporting me."

He accomplished exactly what he wanted to at the 2012 Olympics.

Three events—the 100 metres, 200 metres and 4x100 relay—and three victories. Plenty of pre- and post-race preening.

Just like at Beijing in 2008.

As for trying to go for a Triple Triple four years from now, Bolt insisted Rio de Janeiro isn't necessarily in the offing.

"The possibility is there, but it's going to be very hard. ... I've done all I want to do," said Bolt, who turns 26 on August 21. "I've got no more goals."

He came up with three remarkable runs, improving his career mark to six for six in Olympic finals.

In more than a century of modern Olympics, no man had set world records while winning the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay—until Bolt did it in Beijing.

None had won the 200 metres twice, let alone completed a 100-200 double twice—until Bolt did so in 2008 and 2012.

Now he's added a second consecutive sprint relay title, too, pulling away down the stretch and bringing his best right through the finish line to close the track schedule Saturday night with a world record in the relay.

"When he got the stick," said Tyson Gay, part of the US team that finished second, "there was nothing we could do about it."

Looking ahead to Rio, Bolt pointed out that he'll turn 30 that year, while the closest thing he has to a rival, training partner Yohan Blake, will only be 26.

It was Blake who beat his buddy in the 100 and 200 finals at the Jamaican Olympic trials, raising the idea in some minds that Bolt could have trouble in London.

So much for that.

Bolt won the Olympic 100 in 9.63 seconds—the second-fastest dash in history, behind his own record of 9.58—and the 200 in 19.32, with Blake taking silver in both races.

"It's been so incredible watching him," said US swimmer Missy Franklin, who won four gold medals in the pool. "There was one day when he walked into the dining hall and every athlete in there just started clapping and cheering and going crazy."

Even those other athletes are among those curious about Bolt's future. Maybe he'll take up the long jump. Maybe the 400 (although he says that's too much of a grind for his tastes).

"It's very, very difficult to predict what's going to happen in four years. For Usain, he's just enjoying the moment and living in today. What he's accomplished is enough. He's done so much for our sport, and he's definitely a living legend. Whatever he decides in the future is more than icing on the cake, if he decides to come back," said Sanya Richards-Ross, who won gold medals in the 400 and the 4x400 relay for the United States. "I don't think he can do any wrong in most people's minds."

Count NBC, the network paying more than US$1 billion for the US TV rights to the 2016 Games, among those hoping Bolt will stick around.

"Usain Bolt is a firmly established star in a sport that receives unprecedented interest from the American audience during the Olympics and, as such, it would be great to see him in Rio," NBC Olympics executive producer Jim Bell said yesterday.

Richards-Ross helped the US end up with 29 medals in track and field this time, six more than in Beijing and the most at an Olympics since the 30 at Barcelona in 1992.

"I felt like something special was going to happen," she said. "Everybody was really focused and encouraging each other throughout the journey."

With victories in the 200 metres, 4x100 and 4x400, Allyson Felix became the first US female track athlete to win three golds at a single Summer Games since Florence Griffith-Joyner in 1988.

What was expected to be a fast track was the scene for three worlds records—Bolt's Jamaican team in the men's 4x100 relay, Felix's US quartet in the women's 4x100 relay, and Kenya's David Rudisha in the 800 metres, a run that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge singled out as a "magic moment."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:52:18 PM by Socapro »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
Dahis all yuh really need to know ... the reaction of other athletes to Bolt entering the dining area.

1]; } ?>