April 19, 2024, 05:17:12 AM

Author Topic: The Lightning Bolt Road Show!!  (Read 31034 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Fans really enjoy a world record says superstar Bolt
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/olympics/2012-08-12/fans-really-enjoy-world-record-says-superstar-bolt

Fans really enjoy a world record says superstar Bolt
Published: Monday, August 13, 2012

LONDON
—This time, Usain Bolt ran hard right to the finish. He even leaned at the line. Having built a big lead on the 4x100-metre relay anchor leg, Bolt knew he was about to earn his third gold medal in three events at the London Olympics. What he really wanted Saturday night was a world record, the only thing missing from his 2012 Games. So the Jamaican dispensed with the sort of “Look at me!” stuff he’s done at the end of races before—slapping his chest four years ago, putting a finger to his mouth to hush critics the other day—and focused on what he does better than anyone ever has. Sprinting. “Fans really enjoy a world record,” Bolt said later with a smile, “so I think they’ll forgive me for not posing.” Almost even with the last US runner when he got the baton, Bolt pulled away down the stretch and capped his perfect Olympics by leading Jamaica to the relay victory in a world-record 36.84 seconds. “A wonderful end to a wonderful week,” Bolt said. “What else do I need to do to prove myself as a legend?” After the win, he held up three fingers, one for each of his golds. He is now 6 for 6 in Olympic finals over his career—breaking four world records in the process, including three in Beijing in 2008. Bolt also heads home with an extra souvenir.

After winning Saturday, he pleaded with an official to let him keep the yellow baton he was clutching. Told he’d be disqualified if he didn’t hand it over, Bolt complied, and some nearby spectators booed. About 40 minutes later, that same official approached Bolt and returned the stick. Bolt responded with a  bow of thanks and a chuckle, kissed the baton—and then asked his teammates to autograph it.  One more possession to help him remember his performances at the 80,000-seat Olympic Stadium, where any mention of Bolt’s name drew raucous cheers, countless camera flashes and chants of “Usain!” or “We want Bolt!” He reiterated that this could be it for him on track and field’s biggest stage. Bolt turns 26 on August 21, and refuses to commit to showing up at the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. “It’s going to be hard to really do that. I’ve done all I want to do,” said Bolt, noting that he planned to go out on the town Saturday night. “I’ve got no more goals.” Bolt also earned medals in the 100 in 9.63 seconds—the second-fastest time in history—and the 200 in 19.32 on Thursday. The runner-up in both individual sprints, Bolt’s pal and training partner Yohan Blake, ran the third leg of the relay, following Nesta Carter and Michael Frater. The US quartet of Trell Kimmons, 100 bronze medalist Justin Gatlin, Tyson Gay and Ryan Bailey got the silver in 37.04, equaling the old record that Bolt helped set at last year’s world championships. Trinidad & Tobago took the bronze in 38.12. Canada, which was third across the line, was disqualified for running outside its lane, and its appeal was rejected.

As Blake and Gay rounded the race’s final curve, they were pretty much in sync, stride for stride. When that duo was done, the relay came down to Bolt vs Bailey, who was fifth in the 100 metres in 9.88. Not exactly a fair matchup. “It was over from there,” Blake said. After transferring the baton from his left hand to his right, Bolt churned up the track. Bailey had no chance. “Wow,” Bailey said. “He’s a monster.” Bolt kept increasing his advantage and actually spared his now-customary showboating at the finish, instead driving through the line on a windy, chilly night. “When he got the stick,” said Gay, who got his first Olympic medal, “there was nothing we could do about it.” Only after seeing the record time did Bolt start to celebrate. He mugged for the cameras with Blake, each doing a signature pose. Bolt did his “To the World” move, where he leans back and points to the sky. Blake curled his hands as if they were claws while making a scary face to match the nickname Bolt gave him, “The Beast.” “We are not human...We drop from space,” joked Blake, who said a woman ran up and kissed him on the cheek after the race. Bolt yanked off his white spikes and danced barefoot to the Eurythmics’ “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” as it played on the arena’s loudspeakers. Later, wearing his latest gold medal, Bolt waved his fingers toward the stands, trying to get fans to do the wave. They did, of course.

He arrived at these Olympics with the stated intention of becoming a “living legend,” something he considered a done deal after his victory in the 200. Before Saturday’s race, the head of track and field’s governing body, Lamine Diack, agreed, saying the sprinter had “entered the legendary.” In more than a century of modern Olympics, no man had set world records while winning the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay—until Bolt did it in Beijing. None had won the 200 metres twice, let alone completed a 100-200 double twice—until Bolt did so in 2008 and 2012. Now he’s added a second consecutive sprint relay title, too, for a Double Triple. Jamaica won Saturday without Asafa Powell, who held the 100 world record from 2005 until Bolt claimed it in 2008, and was the anchor on the Jamaican team that won the 4x100 four years ago. Powell injured his groin and pulled up during the 100 in London. No matter. The team drafted a pretty decent guy to take his place on the final leg. Don’t forget, a chorus of questions greeted Bolt at these Olympics. Was he completely healthy? Was he still as fast as the guy who set the world records of 9.58 for the 100, and 19.19 for the 200, at the world championships three years ago? And, most of all, having lost twice to Blake at the Jamaican Olympic trials, could Bolt still claim to be the best in the world if he wasn’t even the best in his own country? International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge thinks any judgment of Bolt’s place in history needs to be withheld until his career is over. Rogge said it would take more than two superb Summer Games to cement Bolt’s status. Bolt was asked about Rogge’s comments. “Next time you see him, I think you need to ask him what Usain needs to do that no human man has ever done, because I’ve done it already,” Bolt said. “I don’t know what else to do, really.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warne wants Bolt for Big Bash T20 League
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2012, 01:40:30 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Warne_wants_Bolt_for_Big_Bash-166066896.html

Warne wants Bolt for Big Bash
Story Created: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM ECT

Usain Bolt could repackage himself as a big-hitting cricketer in Australia's Big Bash League after defending his sprint double at the London Olympics, local media reported yesterday.

The Jamaican told Channel Nine he had been contacted by Shane Warne about joining the spin great at the Melbourne Stars club in the Twenty20 league, which begins in December.

"He contacted me and asked me about if I am serious and if I really want to do it then he can put in a few words that should get it done," Bolt told Channel Nine.

"We will see if I get the time off. I will try. Twenty20, I love it. Just the fact that it is so exciting, it's about going hard the whole time, not just about playing shots.

"It's about being aggressive and I like that style of batsman," added Bolt, who retained 100 and 200 metres titles and helped break the 4x100m world record in London.

The 25-year-old, who said he wanted a trial at English soccer giants Manchester United at the Games, first indicated his interest in the Big Bash League earlier this year.

Melbourne's chief executive Clint Cooper said Bolt, who grew up playing street cricket and soccer in Jamaica, could fill one of the few remaining slots in the squad.

"We're going to...re-engage with him and his management company," Cooper was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herald newspaper. "We've got a couple of spots left on our list."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:42:01 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: The Lightning Bolt Road Show!!
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt considers options for Rio
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Bolt_considers_options_for_Rio-167137515.html

Bolt considers options for Rio
Story Created: Aug 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM ECT

Usain Bolt is a definite starter for another Olympic Games in four years' time, opening up the possibility of more sprint records or an attempt at other events, the six-time gold medallist said yesterday.

Speculation has been rife since the London Games that the Olympic 100 and 200 metres champion could quit athletics and not compete at Rio de Janeiro in 2016. His hunger for success, however, appears to be showing no signs of abating.

"Yes definitely I will be there (in Rio), as long as I'm fit and I'm ready," Bolt said at a promotional event in Lausanne yesterday.

"It'll be a little bit harder but I'm looking forward to it."

The possibility of Bolt, also a member of Jamaica's world record-breaking 4x100 relay team in London, switching from the sprints to the 400 or long jump has long been debated.

American Carl Lewis —who like Bolt claimed back-to-back Olympic 100 titles—was also a four-time men's long jump gold medallist, dominating the event from 1984 in Los Angeles to Atlanta in 1996. "It's just about making different goals, there's a lot of things I can do in the sport," Bolt said.

"My coach wants me to do 400 metres, I want to try long jump.

"I could always try to aim for the records again, so there's different things but after the season we'll decide what we want to do and work on that next season."The newly-turned 26-year-old also told the Hublot watch event that his dream of one day becoming a footballer still burned bright.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2012, 04:55:09 AM »
Usain Bolt targets 19-second barrier in 200m
29 August 2012 Last updated at 17:47

Sprint legend Usain Bolt says he wants to break the 19-second barrier in the 200m, which he insists is his "favourite event", next season.

Bolt, who holds the world record of 19.19 seconds and is a two-time Olympic champion at the distance, says his only aim at London 2012 was to "defend his titles" and not to break his own records, although the Jamaican adds he could "definitely" have broken the 200m mark.

Bolt also jokes about asking Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for a trial.

Click link to view interview on BBC website:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/19414271

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt: I stayed on for the fans
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Bolt__I_stayed_on_for_the_fans-168236986.html

Bolt: I stayed on for the fans
Story Created: Aug 31, 2012 at 11:56 PM ECT

lSwitzerland

As the curtain comes down on a gruelling season, Jamaican sprint legend Usain Bolt says if it were not for the fans he would have ended his campaign earlier.

Bolt clocked 19.66 seconds to win the 200 metres at the Zurich Diamond league Thursday before signing off his campaign on the international circuit this year.

The 25-year-old sprint sensation defied rain and chilly temperatures to break American Wallace Spearmon's meet record of 19.79 set two years ago.

"The fans, those are the guys I come out here to run for. If things were different, if it were up to me, I would just call it a season," said Bolt.

"It's been a long season and it's been mentally draining and physically hard for me. So for me to actually finish the season on a high is good for me."

The two-time triple Olympic gold medallist says he is happy to be ending the season fit and injury free.

In July, public concerns over Bolt's fitness surfaced following reports that he was suffering from niggling leg and back problems.

However, he was declared fit and ready to race after visiting renowned sports doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt in Germany.

"My back is deteriorating a little bit so I don't want to push my body and then pull a hamstring before the end of the season and then I have to go to the doctor and then I have to start the season off slower than I normally would," Bolt explained.

"So I want to make sure that at the end of the season I want to make sure I am fit and ready to start the next season." — CMC

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt quietly back in Jamaica
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Bolt_quietly_back_in_Jamaica-169411166.html

Bolt quietly back in Jamaica
Story Created: Sep 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM ECT

lKINGSTON

Eschewing delirious crowds at the airport, Olympic sprinting champion Usain Bolt returned to Jamaica in uncharacteristically low-key style.

There were no adoring throngs, none of his signature skyward points or other antics. There was just a quietly organised news conference yesterday at Bolt's restaurant and night club in Kingston with a few dozen journalists, business people, and politicians in attendance.

Bolt's publicist, Carole Beckford, said the 6-foot-5 superstar quietly returned home Saturday, and nobody but his inner circle knew he was back in his Caribbean homeland, which adores him yet wants a piece of him at almost every turn.

Last week in Belgium, hours after his last race of the season, Bolt said he was a bit nervous about returning to Jamaica, where his countrymen celebrated each of his three victories at the London Olympics with intense enthusiasm. Crowds of impassioned Jamaicans danced, shouted and embraced in the streets as he dominated the competition.

"I've seen what Jamaican fans are like when I go back home. That is more scary than anything else," he told reporters in Brussels.

At yesterday's news conference in Jamaica's capital, the world's fastest man thanked his coach, his family and his fervent fans for all their support, saying that "there were a lot of doubters" after a sometimes challenging season. Speaking to the cameras, a subdued Bolt added, "I have one thing to say: Never doubt a champion."

For weeks before the Olympics, Jamaicans had been debating whether Bolt or his rival and teammate Yohan Blake would win in London. Blake, Bolt's blisteringly fast workout partner, had beaten Bolt in the 100 metres and 200 metres finals at Jamaica's Olympic trials and Bolt's subsequent withdrawal from a meet in Monaco set up one of the most anticipated story lines of the 2012 Olympics.

But Bolt delivered electrifying performances in London, just as he did at the Beijing Games in 2008. He said he accomplished exactly what he hoped. He competed in three events—and won gold medals in all three: the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay.

"I am the best and will always be the best," he said yesterday at Tracks & Records, his restaurant and night club, which features a DJ booth where he sometimes spins records, a 200-seat main floor with TVs, a bar, a few "VIP" areas and even a shop to buy Usain Bolt merchandise.

In more than a century of modern Olympics, no man had set world records while winning the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay—until Bolt did in Beijing in 2008. None had won the 200m twice, let alone completed a 100-200 double twice—until Bolt did it in 2008 and 2012.

Bolt repeatedly said his goal in London was to win three gold medals again and come home from London as nothing less than a "living legend".

Natalie Neita-Headley, Jamaica's Cabinet minister with responsibility for sports, compared him to the island's most revered son, reggae icon Bob Marley.

"Like Bob before him, he has achieved that legendary status," Neita-Headley said.

Asked if there is any downside to being a "living legend," Bolt responded: "I've just become a legend so I'll let you know in a few days."

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US 300,000 to bring Bolt to France
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
US 300,000 to bring Bolt to France
Feb. 28Sport news, Track & Field

Organisers have shelled out US 300,000 to bring Six-times Olympic champion Usain Bolt to France to run the 200 metres at the Paris Diamond League meeting July 6.

The Jamaican world-record holder will compete against France’s European 100 meters champion Christophe Lemaitre in the final race of the evening. Lemaitre finished third in the 2011 Daegu world championships 200 meters which was won by Bolt.

Head of the meeting, Laurent Boquillet, said the fee was standard for a runner of Bolt’s caliber. “With Bolt, we know that we will easily fill the Stade de France,” said Boquillet adding that before his Olympic triple feat last year, he was available for US 250,000 per meeting.

Bolt won 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay gold at last year’s Olympics in London, repeating the feat that he first achieved in Beijing four years earlier, and cementing his reputation as one of the greatest sprinters of all time. He is using the event in July as part of his buildup for the Moscow world athletics championships the following month.

Bolt, 26, will compete in a 150 meters race on Brazil’s Copacabana beach on March 31. His only other confirmed race this year is over 200 meters at Oslo’s Bislett Games on June 13.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three-peat Bolt gets AIPS award
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »
Three-peat Bolt gets AIPS award
By Kwame Laurence (T&T Express) in Moscow
Story Created: Aug 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM ECT

Usain Bolt receives award from AIPS America
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NQplUIcCrM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-NQplUIcCrM</a>
Kwame Laurence of Trinidad & Tobago makes presentation on behalf of AIPS America to World & Olympic champion Usain Bolt. Bolt was voted AIPS America's Male Athlete of Year 2012.

Usain Bolt captured his third men’s 200 metres world title on the trot, at the Luzhniki Stadium here in Moscow, Russia, yesterday, and was then presented with the 2012 AIPS America Male Athlete of the Year award for his superb showing at the London Olympics.

Bolt completed his half-lap hat-trick on the penultimate day of the 14th IAAF World Championships, stopping the clock at 19.66 seconds—the fastest time in the world this year. His Jamaica teammate, Warren Weir produced a personal best 19.79, running out in lane eight, to seize silver.

American Curtis Mitchell got to the line in 20.04 seconds, claiming bronze and preventing Jamaica from sweeping the medals. The third Jamaican in the championship race, Nickel Ashmeade clocked 20.05 to finish fourth.

Just before he attended the post-race press conference, Bolt received the AIPS America award from Trinidad Express sports journalist Kwame Laurence. AIPS is the international association for sports journalists.

In May, at the AIPS America 2012 awards ceremony, Bolt and Colombian Mariana Pajon were named the top sports personalities in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Pajon, the Olympic BMX cycling gold medallist, received the Female Athlete of the Year Award. But Bolt, a triple gold medallist at the London Games, was unable to attend the function.

In an interview with the Express, afterwards, Bolt expressed his gratitude.

“Yeah man. Appreciate it. Thanks.

“Through what I’ve been through with journalists over the years--I’ve been through some good, some bad stuff--it’s always good to be recognised by them, because I know” he quipped, “that they’re not as bad as I thought they were.”

Less than two hours before the presentation, Bolt was on the Mondo track, completing the 2013 World Championship men’s sprint double. Last Sunday, he had regained the 100m title in 9.77 seconds.

Bolt will again be on centre-stage today, the final day of the Championships, bidding for gold number three in the 4x100m relay.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:23:50 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain's goals are two-fold
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »
Usain's goals are two-fold
By Anthony Foster in New York
June 13th, 2015 8:31am (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt has two main goals before he retires from Track & Field. On Friday, June 12, he told the Adidas Grand Prix Press Conference, "The hardest one is trying to get under 19 seconds.”

Continuing, he said, “The other is to sweep the Olympics sprints for a third time in Rio next year.”

Bolt won back-to-back Olympic Games sprint double titles in Beijng 2008 and London 2012. He also said he will retire after the World Championships in 2017.

"Those are my two big goals. That's what keeps me going, keeps me motivated. Next season is going to be a big season, but I have to take it one step at a time,” revealed the world record holder of the 100m (9.58) and 200m (19.19).

He added that if he is to break 19 seconds in the 200m, he would “have to get back in the mode of running a lot of 200 metres and getting back to the perfection that I'm used to, running the curve.”
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:07:32 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt worried, but will not back down
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2015, 03:03:20 PM »
Bolt worried, but will not back down
By Anthony Foster, TrackAlerts.Com Writer
June 15th, 2015 10:15am (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt at Diamond League Press Conference

Usain Bolt said even if he is not at his best, he will not back down from any challenge for the upcoming IAAF World Championships in Beijing (Video Below).

Bolt has been having a below par season and repeatedly speaks about his unhappiness.

Asked by this journalist at the post race press briefing at the Adidas Grand Prix in New York, if he would take on the double in Beijing if not at his best, he replied, “I always want to compete at my best, even when I'm not at my best, I always want to go out there and do my best, because the fans want to see you compete.”

“I don’t want anybody to say I back down from a challenge, so that’s why I have to work and get it right in Beijing,” added the World record holder for 100m (9.58) and 200m (19.19).

Bolt won Saturday’s 200m event in 20.29. His 100m season best is 10.12.

The back-to-back Olympic Games sprint double champion is uncomfortable with his season so far.

“I’m happy about my legacy but this season is not going so smoothly, I’m trying to figure out what’s going on, I need to get on top of things, trying to work my way back, …With this pace, my legacy is going to be in trouble,” he said.

Bolt now believes he may have to run at Jamaica Trials – June 25-28 in Kingston.  “After this, I think I might be competing at the National Trials, but I will have to talk to my coach…”

Usain Bolt remains unhappy with his 2015 season
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vUFVhnbhpgk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vUFVhnbhpgk</a>
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:04:57 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt withdraws from Jamaica trials
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »
Bolt withdraws from Jamaica trials
Published on Jun 25, 2015, 7:20 pm AST (T&T Express)

Questions over fitness, form: Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt.

Usain Bolt’s lack of form combined with his late withdrawal from the Jamaican 100 metres national trials yesterday have raised more doubts about the future of the world’s fastest man.

The towering sprinter had intended to run in the trials as a sharpener, but the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association confirmed he had pulled out two months before the world championships in Beijing, China.

Six-times Olympic gold medallist Bolt, who qualifies for world championships as defending champion in both events, has struggled this year with moderate best times of 10.12 seconds for the 100 and 20.13 in the 200.

The 28-year-old expressed uncharacteristic concerns after a sluggish 20.29 to win the 200 at the recent New York Diamond League meeting in the US.

“I’m not happy about my performance. My turn was horrible, I don’t know what happened,” Bolt said. “My worst turn ever.

“After I came off the turn, I knew it wasn’t going to be fast... so I pretty much just wanted to get home.”

Bolt’s 2014 season was limited by injuries, but he was the star attraction at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, winning gold in the 4x100 relay.

With 2015 continuing in a similar vein, Bolt, the only man to win the 100 and 200 in back-to-back Olympics, would surely have wanted to lay down a marker at the Jamaican trials following the resurgence of Justin Gatlin.

Controversial United States sprinter Gatlin, who has served two doping bans, has become the man to beat after setting or equalling lifetime bests in both the 100 and 200 this year.

Gatlin has not raced Bolt since 2013, but the 33-year-old 2004 Olympic gold medallist is hoping his rival returns to his best at the world championships so he can dethrone the Jamaican in Beijing.

“What is it really going to amount to if I go out there and run against Usain when he is not at his best,” Gatlin told Reuters.

“That is not a great storyline. It is not a race I would like to go out and win. I want Usain at his best, and I think he wants me at my best. That’s what people want to see.”

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt camp plays down fitness concerns
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »
Bolt camp plays down fitness concerns
Published on Jun 26, 2015, 9:03 pm AST (T&T Express)

WORLD’S FASTEST HUMAN: Usain Bolt

KINGSTON - Usain Bolt’s management team have moved to play down fitness concerns surrounding the sprinting great. The six-time Olympic gold medallist has not been at his best this season and has decided not to compete at this week’s Jamaican National Senior Championships, having been entered for the 100 metres on Thursday.

However, the 28-year-old’s manager Ricky Simms says Bolt had never been a definite participant at the meeting. Bolt is yet to run below 10 seconds at 100 metres this year.

Simms said: “Usain was never confirmed to run at the trials, he put his name in to have the option.

“I already told the media that coach (Glen) Mills would make a decision on Wednesday if he (Bolt) needed the race or if he preferred him to train ahead of Paris and Lausanne.”

As the defending champion at both events, Bolt qualifies automatically for the 100m and 200m at August’s World Championship in Paris.

He is now scheduled to return to action at the Diamond League meeting in Paris a week on Saturday before racing in Lausanne five days later.

Bolt is the world record holder at 100m and 200m but has been below-par this year so far, with best times of 10.12 seconds and 20.13 seconds over the two distances.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt cancels Paris and Lausanne Diamond League meetings
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »
Bolt cancels Paris and Lausanne Diamond League meetings
June 30th, 2015 1:01pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt ...getting treatment for blocked sacroiliac joint

Six-time Olympic Champion Usain Bolt has withdrawn from two upcmoning meets.

Bolt, who last week pulled out of the Jamaica Championships, on Tuesday (30 June) informed the organisers of the Paris and Lausanne Diamond League meetings that he will be unable to compete in their events on July 4 and July 9.

According to a release from Bolt’s team, “the 28 year old Jamaican has been feeling discomfort in his left leg since his last competition which has restricted his training.”

“He visited Doctor Müller-Wohlfahrt in Munich who confirmed that he has a blocked sacroiliac joint which is restricting his movement and putting pressure on his knee and ankle,” the release said.

“Usain will spend the next couple of days in Munich getting treatment after which he will resume full training in his quest to defend his titles at the IAAF World T&F Championships in Beijing at the end of August.

Bolt, in his last week, over 200m in New York earlier this month, won in 20.29. He has yet to run sub-10 or below 20 seconds this season.

“I’m disappointed not to be able to compete in Paris and Lausanne. I love running at these meetings but at the moment I am unable to compete at 100%. I look forward to getting back into full training as soon as possible”, said Bolt.

Bolt is still hopeful he will be able to defend his sprint double titles at the Beijing World Championships in August.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:14:08 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
Playing dead to ketch cobo alive!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Injured Usain Bolt pulls out of Diamond League meetings
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »
Injured Usain Bolt pulls out of Diamond League meetings
Published on Jun 30, 2015, 1:00 pm AST (T&T Express)

Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, an Olympic gold medalist and world record holder, listens during a press conference for the Diamond League track and field meet, Friday, June 12, 2015, in New York. Bolt is returning to the New York track at Randall's Island where he began his dominance with his first world record seven years ago, running in an individual race in Saturday's meet.
(AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)

PARIS (AP) — Slowed by an injured left leg, Usain Bolt withdrew Tuesday from this month's Diamond League meetings in Paris and Lausanne, dealing a blow to his title defense preparations for the world championships in August.

"I'm disappointed not to be able to compete in Paris and Lausanne," Bolt said in a statement on his website. "I love running at these meetings but at the moment I am unable to compete at 100 percent. I look forward to getting back into full training as soon as possible."

The statement said the 28-year-old "has been feeling discomfort in his left leg since his last competition which has restricted his training."

Bolt's last race was a 200 meters in New York on June 13 that he described as "really bad." His time of 20.29 was more than a second off his world record of 19.19. He said then that he felt good physically and was bewildered why he ran what he called "probably one of the worst turns I've ever had in my entire life."

Bolt also was a no-show at the Jamaica trials last week where he had been expected to sharpen his sprinting form against the likes of Asafa Powell and Yohan Blake.

Bolt's agent, Ricky Simms, said then that the 100- and 200-meter world record holder was never certain to run at the trials and suggested that Bolt's coach, Glen Mills, instead preferred him to train rather than race ahead of the Paris meet on Saturday and the Lausanne event on July 9.

Bolt's doctor in Munich, Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt, diagnosed a blocked joint "which is restricting his movement and putting pressure on his knee and ankle," the statement on Bolt's website said.

It said Bolt will spend the next couple of days in Munich getting treatment "after which he will resume full training in his quest to defend his titles" in the 100 and 200 at the world championships in Beijing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:48:58 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Bolt running from losing?
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
Is Bolt running from losing?
Published: Tuesday | June 30, 2015 | Oral Tracey, Contributor | Jamaica Gleaner

Usain Bolt and his biggest rivals - Asafa Powel - Justin Gatlin - Tyson Gay

The mystery surrounding the status and form of world sprint superstar Usain Bolt intensified last weekend when the double Olympic sprint champion failed to turn up at the Jamaica national championships.

The initial impression was given by Bolt himself after one of the mediocre performances when he hinted that, despite not needing to, he was considering running at the trials because he needs more races to get the sharpness necessary to defend his titles in Beijing in late August.

Then the news came that Bolt's name was indeed on the preliminary list of entrants for the shorter sprint, only to learn that the day before the event the big man was not entered on the final start list. As it is, the trials came and went without him.

Being one of the first persons to identify and admit that Bolt was in trouble with his form this season, I went as far as to make the unpopular pronouncement that the big Jamaican will lose his 100-metre World title to the American, Justin Gatlin, in Beijing, which at the time brought accusations of my being disloyal, unpatriotic and even committing treason. From that perspective, I am disappointed, but not very surprised by this latest turn of events.

Hope Vs Reality

Several weeks on and with the problems of Bolt still obviously unsolved, I hope a lot of the emotionalism surrounding this issue has dissipated and that Jamaicans can now look and see objectively the difference between hope and reality.

Bolt is an absolute phenomenon, but he is human and he obviously needs much more work, and specifically, the competition to be had, only by competing in more races.

Why then would he give up such a great opportunity to get at least two solid races under his belt, as was on offer at the Jamaica championships?

The advent of the new coming of Asafa Powell must be a factor. Without the threat of losing to an in-form Powell, I think Bolt would have competed at the championships. It is fair game, I think, to extrapolate by the way the situation unfolded that Bolt could be 'running' from Powell.

The fact of the matter, though, is Bolt, at this stage of his career, is much more than an athlete. He is a global brand which translates into a lucrative business enterprise.

Having achieved the status he has, protecting and preserving his legacy is of the utmost importance to him and his management team.

Best Option

In that context, maybe the best thing for Bolt right now is to pull out of the entire 2015 season, including missing the World Championships.

In light of what is happening with his rivals Justin Gatlin, Tyson Gay and even now Powell, where they all pose a genuine threat to his titles, and with the task of him scrambling into title-winning shape proving to be more difficult than initially thought, instead of exposing himself to losing and all the negatives attached, the option is always open to Bolt and his camp to turn to that old excuse of his bad back.

Organise a trip or two to his famous German doctor and declare the big man injured. The world would never know for sure.

Start the preparation for the Rio Olympics immediately, get into tip-top, unbeatable shape and go out with a bang, legacy intact.

What is happening now with Bolt is farcical. It is difficult to conclude anything else except that he is running from losing.

While we would all love to see him race the best the world has to offer, there is clear and present danger this season of him doing major damage to his substantial legacy.

Bolt has nothing more to prove, he has done it all, and won it all, earning the right to go out on his terms. In the long run, the disappointment of not seeing the big clash between himself and Gatlin in Beijing will eventually pale in comparison to the bigger picture of maintaining the substantial legacy of the legend Usain Bolt.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:07:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt to light up London – IAAF Diamond League
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
10 JUL 2015 General News, London, UK
Bolt to light up London – IAAF Diamond League

Usain Bolt at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in London (Getty Images) © Copyright

The world's biggest athletics superstar, Usain Bolt, will lead a stellar global cast at the re-opening of the London Olympic Stadium for the IAAF Diamond League meeting on Friday 24 July.

Fans are expected to flock to the stadium to relive memories of the 2012 Olympics at the Sainsbury's Anniversary Games, where the line-up features Bolt, world 800m record-holder David Rudisha, world indoor high jump champion Mutaz Essa Barshim, British superstars Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Greg Rutherford and many more reigning global champions.

Bolt – considered to be one of the greatest sportsmen of all time – last competed individually in the UK at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games in 2013 where he won the 100m in 9.85.

The 100m and 200m world record-holder, winner of six Olympic and eight world titles, is looking forward to returning to the scene of his spectacular Olympic triumphs.

“London is a special place where I love to compete and I am looking forward to the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games on July 24," said Bolt, who will contest the 100m in London.

“I have great memories of competing in the Olympic Stadium in the summer of 2012 and in the previous Grand Prix meets in London.

“The British fans are always great and I expect there will also be a lot of Jamaican fans in the stadium. It will be amazing to put on another great show for them under the floodlights on the Friday night.”

The IAAF Diamond League action at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games is spread across 24-25 July. The event takes place just four weeks before the IAAF World Championships in Beijing and will be the final time the original London 2012 track is used before a new surface is laid for the IAAF World Championships, London 2017.

Organisers for the IAAF

2015 IAAF Diamond League calendar

Doha, QAT – 15 May
Shanghai, CHN – 17 May
Eugene, USA – 30 May
Rome, ITA – 4 June
Birmingham, GBR – 7 June
Oslo, NOR – 11 June
New York, USA – 13 June
Paris, FRA – 4 July
Lausanne, SUI – 9 July
Monaco, MON – 17 July
London, GBR – 24-25 July
Stockholm, SWE – 30 July
Zurich, SUI – 3 September
Brussels, BEL – 11 September
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:11:42 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anatomy of a champion: Michael Johnson on Usain Bolt
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »
Anatomy of a champion: Michael Johnson on Usain Bolt
13/04/2015 (IOC News)

Michael Johnson analyzes Usain Bolt's 100m gold | Greats on Greats
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oXcFlTj8mIU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oXcFlTj8mIU</a>

Four-time Olympic gold medallist Michael Johnson analyses the technique that has helped make Usain Bolt the greatest sprinter of all time.

Usain Bolt is nothing short of an Olympic phenomenon. The Jamaican sprinter won three gold medals in Beijing in 2008 and a further three at London 2012. He holds the Olympic record for the 100m, and in 2008 and 2012 he was part of the Jamaican relay teams that broke the world record for the 4x100m. The question is how does he do it?

Bolt is certainly unique. In sprinting terms he’s taller than average and while he continues to set new records, the big question is whether or not he can run even faster.

Bolt has already broken the 100m record three times and the 200m record twice, but you only have to look at some of his finishes, particularly when he often slows before the line in qualifying rounds, to see that he might be able to go even quicker still. His technique looks relaxed; playful even… so is there room for improvement?

The man himself believes he is capable of setting new standards. "I've heard that the fastest a man can go is 9.4 seconds for 100m," he said in a previous interview. "I think it's possible for me to run that."

The key to Bolt’s success, according to Michael Johnson, is his performance during the first 30m of the race, a rarity for such a tall athlete. Height is often seen as a hindrance for a sprinter. In many cases, a lower centre of gravity enables sprinters to start and reach their top speeds quicker. Bolt, who stands 1.95m, defies such conventional wisdom. Fellow sprint legends Linford Christie and Carl Lewis, who while shorter than the Jamaican were still both taller than 1.80m, overcame any height disadvantage through power and technique in the latter stages of their races.

However, both would often suffer from slow starts before overtaking their competitors. Bolt, in contrast, starts strongly. In 2008 in Beijing, during the first phase of his victory, he’s in line with his competitors until he pulls clear from around 40m. On further analysis through Bolt’s back catalogue of victories, it’s clear he has been able to keep pace with his competitors in the first phase of his races much more than Christie and Lewis ever did.

In 2009, for example, biomechanical analysis was carried out on Bolt’s split times (every 10m across 100m) and average velocity. Remarkably, Bolt was not only quicker than his nearest rival in 20m out of the 30m in the first phase; he was also quicker in nine of the ten splits. His average velocity was greater in every 10-second split, too.

And then, of course, Bolt has the power to pull away once he reaches top speed, a result of now infamous long stride. It was this that helped him move from sixth to pole position after an uncharacteristic slow start to win in London in 2012. These strides have become as much of a signature move as his ‘lightning bolt’ celebration, and one which many will expect to see once again in Rio in 2016, as the Jamaican looks to add to his gold medal tally.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:28:25 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain Bolt talks about running at The Anniversary Games London 2015
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »
Interview: Usain Bolt days before he runs at The Anniversary Games London 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4sSrqYktPOQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4sSrqYktPOQ</a>

The One Show is going out with a bang, as Alex and Patrick are joined by Usain Bolt to talk about racing in London.

Usain Bolt 9.87 wins 100m final DL London 2015 - FULL HD
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/deMdkjsHYug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/deMdkjsHYug</a>
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:54:27 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain Bolt ready for Justin Gatlin showdown at World Championships
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:35 AM »
Sprint supremo Usain Bolt says he is taking his time before August's Beijing world championships.

Usain Bolt ready for Justin Gatlin showdown at World Championships
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y1YJ_2DFj1o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y1YJ_2DFj1o</a>

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
The boss will be ready for them yankeys lol how can they stop a lightening bolt
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain Bolt relaxing after gruelling training for World Champs
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2015, 06:33:37 AM »
Usain Bolt relaxing after gruelling training for World Champs
Published:Thursday August 13, 2015, Andre Lowe, Special Projects Editor - Sports
Jamaica-Gleaner.com

Bolt ...spent the past few weeks being tuned by his coach Glen Mills

The world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, spent the past few days taking it slow in Monte Carlo, Monaco as he gets ready to unleash some speed at next week's IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China.

Bolt, who spent the past few weeks being tuned by his coach Glen Mills has been given the time to recover after some gruelling work in training with strong indications that the defending world 100m and 200m champion is primed and ready to show his class inside the Bird's Nest.

Bolt's coach, Glen Mills

The Jamaican has had an up-and-down season after being hampered by a pelvic issue but twice ran 9.87 within a hour at the Sainsbury's Anniversary Games in London a few weeks ago to pretty much confirm reports that he was nearing his best.

As earlier reported by The Gleaner, Bolt is expected to arrive at Jamaica's pre-championships camp on Friday to meet up with the rest of his team-mates in Tottori, Japan before travelling with the group to Beijing on Monday or Tuesday.

Bolt's main rival, Justin Gatlin

Bolt is expected to be challenged for both sprint titles by in-form American Justin Gatlin, who has the fastest time this year in both events and has gone unbeaten in almost 30 races since 2013.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
The Definitive Usain Bolt Interview Pt. 2
http://rutube.ru/video/a35a1aba8b7c3bbfda00660b67192a15/

He Talks about his coach, his parents and living for the big moments.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done to the Mighty Usain Bolt for completing the historic Treble-Treble!!
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
Well done to the Mighty Usain Bolt for completing the historic Treble-Treble!!

Greatest sprinter that has ever lived and he now has the medals and records to prove it!!

Bolt should go out on top, what else is there that is left for him to prove now?!

The only thing left for Bolt to do is to lower both his world records which I think will become harder and harder for him to do after he has passed the age of 30.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:20:04 PM by Socapro »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
Usain Bolt just signed the biggest endorsement deal in Nike history

By Editor

In General News

Nike has signed Usain Bolt to a lifetime deal, ESPN’s Darren Rovell reports.

The contract is the largest single-athlete deal in Nike’s 46-year history. It also marks the first time that Nike has officially given a lifetime deal.

Usain Bolt, who is entering a new phase of his career, is reportedly billed to earn as much as $30 million annually.

According to Rovell, Bolt’s new deal “easily surpasses” the 10-year, $300 million deal Kevin Durant signed with Nike in 2014.

SportsOneSource reports that Bolt will have his own signature shoe line with Nike and is expected to wear them for all his track events, and Forbes predicts a $340 million sales from Bolt’s customised shoes annually.

http://theguard1an.com/usain-bolt-just-signed-the-biggest-endorsement-deal-in-nike-history/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »
Such benefits.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
Usain Bolt just signed the biggest endorsement deal in Nike history

By Editor

In General News

Nike has signed Usain Bolt to a lifetime deal, ESPN’s Darren Rovell reports.

The contract is the largest single-athlete deal in Nike’s 46-year history. It also marks the first time that Nike has officially given a lifetime deal.

Usain Bolt, who is entering a new phase of his career, is reportedly billed to earn as much as $30 million annually.

According to Rovell, Bolt’s new deal “easily surpasses” the 10-year, $300 million deal Kevin Durant signed with Nike in 2014.

SportsOneSource reports that Bolt will have his own signature shoe line with Nike and is expected to wear them for all his track events, and Forbes predicts a $340 million sales from Bolt’s customised shoes annually.

http://theguard1an.com/usain-bolt-just-signed-the-biggest-endorsement-deal-in-nike-history/

:thumbsup:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
Yuh mustn't repeat everything yuh hear. Garbage news...Bolt is PUMA  for life!
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »
Borussia Dortmund CEO confirms Usain Bolt will train with club
ESPN Staff

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has confirmed Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt will train with the club.

Bolt, 30, revealed the news in an interview on Saturday in which he also reiterated his hope to play for Manchester United, the team he supports.

"We've decided this some time ago," Watzke told Sport Bild. "Puma CEO Bjorn Gulden, who is a member of our board, has told us that Usain is highly interested in practising with us. For us that's no problem. Our coach Thomas Tuchel likes the idea as well.

"Of course he won't visit us in an important week with Champions League matches, but maybe in the preseason. We are delighted and take this as an honour."

Bolt is a nine-time Olympic gold medallist having competed in the 2008, 2012 and 2016 games, winning the 100 metres, 200 metres and 4x100m relay in each.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>