April 19, 2024, 02:05:53 AM

Author Topic: Who to drop to make way for Bravo and Pollard  (Read 1478 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who to drop to make way for Bravo and Pollard
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
The team has a good fighting spirit, but Bravo and Pollard should be picked on merit if available. I say the Ganga brothers are the ones that should make way. But we know how much politics there is sport in the caribbean.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who to drop to make way for Bravo and Pollard
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
The team has a good fighting spirit, but Bravo and Pollard should be picked on merit if available. I say the Ganga brothers are the ones that should make way. But we know how much politics there is sport in the caribbean.
I agree...
Darren should concentrate on his Law studies now and Sherwin should...erm (not sure what he does really  ;D)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »

in limited overs, but let us see how he does captaining in the 50 over

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »
Darren Ganga hasn't done too badly in 50 overs and 4 day matches so he stays but his brother shows up once in every 8 or 10 games and that is not good enough,he was the main reason we did not get into the finals in India.He should be fighting for his place in the 4 day team.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »
Ganga thanks TT public for support
By JOEL BAILEY Saturday, October 8 2011

click on pic to zoom in

Members of the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team return home after competing at the Nokia Champions League T20 tournament at the VIP Lounge of the Piar...
DAREN GANGA, captain of the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team, has expressed his gratitude to the nation for their support of the squad during the Nokia Champions League T20 in India.

Ganga was speaking on Thursday evening at the VIP Lounge of the Piarco International Airport after the team returned home from India.

“It was a fantastic tournament for us,” said the 32-year-old. “We were a bit disappointed that we weren’t able to go forward into the semi-final round and stake a solid claim to winning this title.

Ganga continued, “as everyone would be aware, in 2009 we were in the final and we lost to New South Wales. This year, I think, although we did not get to the final, before we left these shores, we promised that we would represent Trinidad and Tobago in the true spirit of this country.”

The former West Indies batsman added, “when I say true spirit, I mean with passion, with pride and play cricket to the best of our ability. I think no one can deny that this team didn’t do such.”

After defeating Ruhuna of Sri Lanka and Leicestershire of England in the Qualifying Phase, Trinidad and Tobago narrowly lost their first two games in Group “A”, by one wicket against Mumbai Indians (India) and by four runs, in the Super Over, against New South Wales (Australia).

The TT outfit returned with victories against Chennai Super Kings (India) and Cape Cobras (South Africa) but finished third in the five-team group.

“Out of the six games that we played, we won four and we lost two very close games which proved to be very critical in terms of us going forward,” said Ganga. “Publicly, I’ll like to say thanks again to all the members of our team for the efforts that they put out to represent 1.3 million people in Trinidad.

“This is the only team in the Western Hemisphere that represented a country in this tournament. That, in itself, shows how very significant and how very powerful we are as a cricketing nation.”

I hate this jackass mentality...we have in TNT....d team blasted loss...WDF--- yuh patting yuhself on yuh back....say yuh flippin lorse and yuh didnt take advantage of d opportunity...call ah friggin spade ah spade...steups 

Ganga also lauded the efforts of his team-mates as well as the technical staff (coach Kelvin Williams, manager Omar Khan and physio Ronald Rogers), while he also highlighted the support of Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) members Dudnath Ramkessoon, Baldath Mahabir and Suruj Ragoonath who were with the team in India.

“Trinidad and Tobago may be disappointed with us not being able to win this title, but our performances there definitely enhanced our reputation as a Trinidad and Tobago team,” Ganga admitted. “We definitely represented Trinidad and Tobago in the best possible manner and I can assure you there are still a lot of work to be done but, over time, we will be, if not the best Twenty20 team in the world, very close to being there. I give you that assurance.

“The guys were very committed to lifting the standard of Trinidad and Tobago cricket and representing the people of Trinidad and Tobago in the best possible manner,” continued Ganga. “Thanks to the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, to the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board and to all who supported us throughout this entire competition. We did not bring back the prize but we won the hearts of so many people.”

With regards to the Regional Super 50 Tournament, which will take place in Guyana from October 19-29, Ganga stressed, “we have another challenge in that of the 50-over competition and we’ll be working very hard to (regaining) that 50-over title.”
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:23:01 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Ganga thanks TT public for support
By JOEL BAILEY Saturday, October 8 2011

click on pic to zoom in

Members of the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team return home after competing at the Nokia Champions League T20 tournament at the VIP Lounge of the Piar...
DAREN GANGA, captain of the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team, has expressed his gratitude to the nation for their support of the squad during the Nokia Champions League T20 in India.

Ganga was speaking on Thursday evening at the VIP Lounge of the Piarco International Airport after the team returned home from India.

“It was a fantastic tournament for us,” said the 32-year-old. “We were a bit disappointed that we weren’t able to go forward into the semi-final round and stake a solid claim to winning this title.

Ganga continued, “as everyone would be aware, in 2009 we were in the final and we lost to New South Wales. This year, I think, although we did not get to the final, before we left these shores, we promised that we would represent Trinidad and Tobago in the true spirit of this country.”

The former West Indies batsman added, “when I say true spirit, I mean with passion, with pride and play cricket to the best of our ability. I think no one can deny that this team didn’t do such.”

After defeating Ruhuna of Sri Lanka and Leicestershire of England in the Qualifying Phase, Trinidad and Tobago narrowly lost their first two games in Group “A”, by one wicket against Mumbai Indians (India) and by four runs, in the Super Over, against New South Wales (Australia).

The TT outfit returned with victories against Chennai Super Kings (India) and Cape Cobras (South Africa) but finished third in the five-team group.

“Out of the six games that we played, we won four and we lost two very close games which proved to be very critical in terms of us going forward,” said Ganga. “Publicly, I’ll like to say thanks again to all the members of our team for the efforts that they put out to represent 1.3 million people in Trinidad.

“This is the only team in the Western Hemisphere that represented a country in this tournament. That, in itself, shows how very significant and how very powerful we are as a cricketing nation.”

I hate this jackass mentality...we have in TNT....d team blasted loss...WDF--- yuh patting yuhself on yuh back....say yuh flippin lorse and yuh didnt take advantage of d opportunity...call ah friggin spade ah spade...steups 

Ganga also lauded the efforts of his team-mates as well as the technical staff (coach Kelvin Williams, manager Omar Khan and physio Ronald Rogers), while he also highlighted the support of Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) members Dudnath Ramkessoon, Baldath Mahabir and Suruj Ragoonath who were with the team in India.

“Trinidad and Tobago may be disappointed with us not being able to win this title, but our performances there definitely enhanced our reputation as a Trinidad and Tobago team,” Ganga admitted. “We definitely represented Trinidad and Tobago in the best possible manner and I can assure you there are still a lot of work to be done but, over time, we will be, if not the best Twenty20 team in the world, very close to being there. I give you that assurance.

“The guys were very committed to lifting the standard of Trinidad and Tobago cricket and representing the people of Trinidad and Tobago in the best possible manner,” continued Ganga. “Thanks to the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, to the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board and to all who supported us throughout this entire competition. We did not bring back the prize but we won the hearts of so many people.”

With regards to the Regional Super 50 Tournament, which will take place in Guyana from October 19-29, Ganga stressed, “we have another challenge in that of the 50-over competition and we’ll be working very hard to (regaining) that 50-over title.”

time for ramdin :beermug:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
Simmons barat  bravo bravo mohammed  pollard ramdin cooper rampaul narine badree sorry ganga these fellas prove with bat or ball
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »
Emrit disappointed with West Indies snub
By STEPHON NICHOLAS Friday, October 14 2011

TRINIDAD AND Tobago pacer Rayad Emrit has expressed disappointment in his omission from the West Indies team currently on tour in Bangladesh.

Emrit was in the top ten wicket-takers of the 2011 Regional Four-Day Tournament and was just one wicket behind the leading fast bowler of the tournament, Carlos Brathwaite.

Emrit finished the season with 25 wickets from eight matches with an average of 18.96 and an economy rate of 2.44.

His excellent form has not been rewarded as he was not one of the players offered a retainer contract by the West Indies Cricket Board and did not earn a call-up for the regional team.

Brathwaite, in contrast, despite playing just one first class season and was not a first-choice player originally for the Combined Campuses and Colleges, has been offered a retainer and is representing the regional team currently against Bangladesh.

Windward Islands’ Nelon Pascall is also on the retainer list having taken 21 wickets this season with an average of 24.80 and an economy rate of 3.61. The West Indies Cricket Board has stated selection on the regional team is based on their performance. “It’s another hurdle to I have to go past. It’s a bit disappointing. Having been successful you think you might get a look-in. I just have to go ahead and do it all over again. It’s disappointing seeing guys who haven’t played much or were less successful (get retainers) but I just have to do what I have to do,” he said.

The all-rounder, who was given just two ODIs against India in 2007, feels he deserved a longer run but is still optimistic of wearing the maroon colours one again.

“As long as I’m playing I want to play for the West Indies.

the article may be a bit off topic but it just reiterates the biased/flawed policies of selecting the best players both locally and regionally. We had players at our disposal in the CLT20 who should have gotten a look in but did not for reasons unknown and it may continue until admin changes again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:52:55 PM by Boodsy »

1]; } ?>