April 26, 2024, 02:02:32 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF News Thread  (Read 58370 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF News Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2016, 02:43:53 PM »
The implosion of the Jack Warner era is having its effect. It will be very difficult for a West Indian and specifically a Trini to win the trust of his fellow Carib. mates. That will be forever toxic because of his administration. All TT has to do now is to see about their own development. Just win. All you have to do is win home and away and they will respect you. Nothing else matters.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:56:59 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »
Yes JW was incredibly corrupt but so was all of FIFA. If they cant trust a Trini because of JW, how can they trust a Cayman (Webb), French(Plantini) , American (Blazer), I can go on and on until the break of dawn with about every damn nationality. Jack was nimble and Jack was quick but Jack was not even in the top 20 of the brightest theifing bulbs in FIFA. However, he was the highest black that would take the fall. We can never accept JW as the symbol of FiFA corruption,  that is pure white washing.

We however have the right to chastise him for what he did to us and our FA

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
I agree with you, but CFU and Concacaf is where we are based. Web was chosen because there were no suitable, appropriate  or whatever to choose to fill Jack position. Webb was a temporary solution. Blazer is a yank, money talks. And Michel is Euro.

....he was the highest black that would take the fall. We can never accept JW as the symbol of FiFA corruption,  that is pure white washing...

This may be true. But his management of Concacaf, CFU and TTFA and his final downfall has had serious negative perception of "blackman holding and wielding power". They are not to be trusted. I honestly don't care about the US, Mex or Euro. They always have their way. Is we Antillians, we must be concerned about. You may want to make excuse for Jack because he black. I ain't.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
CONCACAF Elects New President, and Members of CONCACAF and FIFA Councils
Caribbean Football Union

The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) today held its XXXI Ordinary Congress in Mexico City where elections were conducted for CONCACAF President and positions on the CONCACAF and FIFA Councils. All of the Confederation’s 41 Member Associations participated in the elections for CONCACAF positions and with a majority of votes, Victor Montagliani, President of the Canadian Soccer Association, was elected as President of CONCACAF. Rodolfo Villalobos of Costa Rica was elected to the CONCACAF Council as a Vice-President. 

Additionally, CONCACAF’s 35 FIFA Members elected Luis Hernandez of Cuba, Pedro Chaluja of Panama, and Sonia Bien-Aime of Turks and Caicos to represent the Confederation on the FIFA Council.

The Congress is being chaired by CONCACAF Council Vice-President Justino Compean of Mexico, and the elections were conducted by CONCACAF’s Ad-Hoc Electoral Committee. Members of the Ad-Hoc Electoral Committee included Ted Howard, CONCACAF’s Acting General Secretary, Marco Leal, CONCACAF’s Head of Member Associations and Legal Affairs, and Sam Gandhi, CONCACAF’s Legal Adviser.

In accordance with the Confederation’s Statutes, the mandate of the new CONCACAF President and CONCACAF Council Members will start after the conclusion of the Congress.

The official election results are included below.

CONCACAF Council (Former Executive Committee):

President (ex officio FIFA Vice-President)
•    Mr. Victor Montagliani (Canada)

Vice-President - Central America (UNCAF)
•    Mr. Rodolfo Villalobos (Costa Rica)

FIFA Council (Former Executive Committee):

Member – Caribbean (CFU)
•    Mr. Luis Hernandez (Cuba)

Member - Central America (UNCAF)
•    Mr. Pedro Chaluja (Panama)

Female Member
•    Ms. Sonia Bien-Aime (Turks and Caicos)

NOTE: Luis Hernandez of Cuba defeated John Krishnadath of Suriname as the CFU's FIFA Council Member 24 votes to 11 and Sonia Ben-Aime of Turk and Caicos defeated Joanne Salazar of Trinidad & Tobago as the Female Member on the FIFA Council 27 votes to eight.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:45:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »
Deeks, I start by saying Jack was incredibly corrupt however so was Sepp, Blazer and Platini. You make my point that no one is saying that whites were so corrupt that they can not be trusted with power. Why is it we need a Canadian because 1 blackman was corrupt. We have held or are holding ourselves to a standard that does not exists. I make no excuses for Jack but by accepting white corruption then excusing it as a non qualifier to be trusted is hypocrisy.

Jack may have been corrupt from birth but him entering FIFA is like a young prisoner entering the Oxford prison of criminals. FiFa wnd partly still is a University for corruption, poor governance and double standard. I not excusing Jack because he is black same way I am not exucong Blazer because he is white. Therefore the presence of a black oand white corrupt official can not lead to to think blacks can not be trusted with power while excusing white corrupting then claiming them trust worthy.

None feel then pain of loss opportunity because of what Jack stole and squandered but the powers at be then to pick socially, politically and economically those they know will sell us out. Then tturn around and blame the ones they chose. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »
Let me put it this way. If the Canadian don't help "us, Antillians", then it is incumbent on we Antillians to use our vote against him next time around. Let's not forget, Webb did not help to allay the perception that the Antillians are less corrupt.

Again, I going to say, we Trintos have to see about we selves. I am not saying we should isolate ourselves. We need to develop our players from lower age groups to seniors, both female and male. We also need to persuade(or find out how to convince) the East Indian community to encourage their daughters and sons to participate in all sports to expand our talent pool. How can we expect to find talent when the other half don't seem to have interest. We are underachieving in the Caribbean given the size of our population.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2016, 06:59:59 AM »
FIFA Strategic Planning Workshop gets underway
Barbados FA

FIFA's Strategy Planning Workshop with the BFA got underway earlier this morning (yesterday, Wednesday) at Island Inn Hotel. The workshop aims to chart a path for the BFA for the next few years in all areas.

FIFA's Development Officer - South East Caribbean has been instrumental in facilitating this workshop. Other facilitators include FIFA Consultants Geoff Wilson and Kevan Pipe and Technical Director - South East Caribbean, Anton Corneal.

Participants in the program include members of the Executive Committee in addition to senior members of staff of the BFA. The workshop is expected to conclude on Saturday May 28th, 2016.

FIFA MA Coaching Course in Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda FA

St. John’s , Antigua – The Antigua and Barbuda Football Association is presently hosting the association’s 4th edition of the FIFA MA Women’s Coaching Corse. The five-day course is aimed at the continuous development of women’s football coaches on the Island both technically and tactically as well as understanding the specific physiological and psychological characteristics of female players.

The course is being conducted by FIFA Instructor Andrea Rodebaugh who captained the Mexican national team in the 1999 World Cup and who also coached the U-20 National team. This is Andrea’s fourth visit to Antigua and Barbuda for the FIFA MA Women’s Course

The four-day course was divided into theory and practical sessions which used players in training as of November 2015 for the upcoming CONCACAF U-15 Girls Competition in August. The coaches were given plenty of opportunities to learn more about the game so that they can improve the levels of coaching in their schools and club teams.

Note: The course started on Thursday last week and concluded on Monday.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:10:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »
CONCACAF Announces Appointment of Philippe Moggio as General Secretary
CONCACAF

The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) today announced that Philippe Moggio has been appointed by the new CONCACAF Council as the Confederation’s General Secretary, effective June 13th, 2016. Mr. Moggio previously served as Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Latin America and the Caribbean at the National Basketball Association (NBA), where he directed the expansion of the organization’s business, including media distribution, marketing partnerships, events, and licensed merchandise, as well as the development of basketball growth initiatives in the region.

In his role as General Secretary, Mr. Moggio will act as the chief executive officer of the Confederation, leading its daily business and operations. He succeeds the Confederation’s Acting General Secretary, Ted Howard, who has served in this role since May 2015.

“As the Confederation continues reforming its corporate governance structure, the key appointment of Philippe Moggio as General Secretary, adds yet another layer of stability to our business operations, allowing us to better serve our Member Associations, partners and fans of the world’s greatest game,” said CONCACAF President Victor Montagliani. “Philippe is an outstanding leader who brings a broad vision, passion, creativity, and strong sports marketing experience that will enable the Confederation to continue developing football throughout the region.” 

“It’s an honor to have been appointed by the CONCACAF Council as the Confederation’s General Secretary. I am thrilled to have the unique opportunity to work with CONCACAF to continue establishing a path for the sustainable long-term growth of football in this region,” said Mr. Moggio. “My focus is to continue implementing the reforms, while leading the front office in strengthening our business performance to further position CONCACAF as a leading sports organization.”

During his time at the NBA, the French-Colombian native oversaw unprecedented commercial and developmental success in Latin America and the Caribbean. Under his leadership the league expanded its content distribution across the region working closely with existing NBA partners like ESPN and DirecTV and through a number of groundbreaking partnerships, including recent partnerships with Mexico’s Televisa to show NBA games via free to air TV, Brazil’s Globosat, as well as with Digicel SportsMax, which now offers fans live games and extensive NBA programming in approximately 30 Caribbean territories. Mr. Moggio also helped introduce new local marketing partners to the NBA including Bimbo, Coors Light, Digicel, and Antel, and build local success with existing NBA global partners including adidas, Cisco, Gatorade, and 2K.

Alongside the commercial success, Mr. Moggio has also spearheaded developing the growing popularity of basketball in the region, overseeing the introduction of preseason and regular-season games to Mexico and Brazil, implementing multiple grassroots and youth development initiatives across the region, and forming a groundbreaking partnership with the Liga Nacional de Basquete (LNB) in Brazil.

Prior to joining the NBA, Mr. Moggio worked for almost 10 years in investment banking covering the U.S. and Latin America, working at Banc of America Securities and ABN AMRO/ING Barings. An athletic standout, he played NCAA Division I tennis at Duke University, then went on to play professionally, from 1995-98, and represented Colombia in multiple Davis Cup appearances.

In March 2016, the CONCACAF Council engaged Korn Ferry, a preeminent global people and organizational advisory firm, to advise on key qualifications for the position and manage a public search before offering candidate recommendations to the CONCACAF Council. The international search delivered over 75 male and female candidates from across the globe and the CONCACAF region. Final candidates were interviewed in person by the entire CONCACAF Council.

This search marks the first time CONCACAF has partnered with an executive search team to fill the key leadership position. In addition to a passion for football, the Confederation focused on candidates with a proven track record in the sports industry as well as experience with multicultural constituents, managing a successful business, overseeing regional staff, organizing large-scale events, and managing broadcast, commercial, and digital media rights.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2016, 05:06:52 PM »
Government Retracts Statement Naming Barracuda, Goes After ABFA For Unpaid Loan
By Neto Baptiste, Antigua Observer.

The government’s Chief of Staff, Lionel “Max” Hurst retracted, on Thursday (June 2), a section of his (written) Cabinet debriefing “mistakenly” naming the now dormant Antigua Barracuda FC as the “barrowers” of EC $1.35 million, a loan backed by the Government of Antigua & Barbuda through Antigua & Barbuda Department of Marine Services & Merchant Shipping (ADOMS) back in 2012.

According to the latest release, however, “Those notes are to be corrected to show that the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association was the borrower.

“The debriefing exercise was preceded by the submission of the notes made by the Chief of Staff to all reporters and media houses. Item 10 in the submitted notes mistakenly identified the Barracuda Football Club as the borrowers of a sum of $1.35 million dollars. Those notes are to be corrected to show that the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association was the borrower. All media houses are asked to take note of this change. The Chief of Staff apologises for the error,” the release said.

In the initial release, it was stated that government will pursue the borrowers for the full amount owed as ADOMS now requires additional funding to complete the construction of its new building located on Factory Road.

Gordon Derrick, one of the principals behind the Antigua Barracuda Football Club had, following release of the Cabinet debriefing, denied the assertion.

“The government of Antigua & Barbuda, through ADOMS, has never secured a loan for the Barracuda Football Club, so I just want to be very clear. I had said it was factually incorrect but some persons said there may be (different) interpretations to that, so I want to be very clear with what I am saying. The government of Antigua & Barbuda has never secured a loan for the Antigua Barracuda Football Club,” Derrick stated.

The loan in question was secured by the ABFA as a means of funding the country’s senior team’s preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying bid.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2016, 03:06:04 PM »
CONCACAF Announces Appointment of Guilherme Carvalho as Chief Legal and Chief Compliance Officer
CONCACAF

The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) today announced that Guilherme (Bill) Carvalho has been appointed by the CONCACAF Council as the Confederation’s Chief Legal and Chief Compliance Officer, effective August 23, 2016.

The Confederation has established this position in order to meet the compliance objectives stipulated in CONCACAF’s Statutes and as part of the reform efforts to further enhance its business operations through improved governance and stronger controls.

In his new role, Mr. Carvalho will lead the legal and compliance areas of CONCACAF, including managing the Confederation’s legal affairs and overseeing the daily operations of CONCACAF’s Compliance and Integrity programs.

“The appointment of Mr. Carvalho as CONCACAF’s first Chief Legal and Chief Compliance Officer represents a fundamental step to ensure the implementation and sustainability of our governance reforms,” said CONCACAF President, Victor Montagliani. “Mr. Carvalho has a proven track record and will play an integral role in establishing a culture of compliance at every level so that we serve our Member Associations and stakeholders with the highest standards of integrity.”

Prior to joining CONCACAF, Bill served as Yahoo! Inc. Vice President and Associate General Counsel for the Americas and U.S. Hispanic markets since 2005. At Yahoo Inc., he was responsible for all legal affairs and public policy matters for a wide range of the company’s businesses and subsidiaries throughout the region.

“I am excited to join CONCACAF as Chief Legal and Chief Compliance Officer. This is a significant opportunity to continue strengthening the Confederation’s corporate governance structure, while further improving the legal and compliance function,” said Mr. Carvalho. “I look forward to taking on this new statutory responsibility and help CONCACAF comply with the strictest ethical standards in order to fully achieve its mission of developing football in the region.”

Mr. Carvalho, who speaks fluent English, Spanish and Portuguese, holds a law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center and a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California at Los Angeles.

The Confederation engaged Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), one of the world’s largest and most-experienced legal search firms, to advise on key qualifications for the newly created position and oversee the global search that resulted in Mr. Carvalho’s hire.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2016, 08:58:49 AM »
CONCACAF holds Referee Academy at CU15G
CONCACAF

CONCACAF is hosting a referee academy in conjunction with the CONCACAF U-15 Girls’ Championship at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.

The course aims to prepare those referees added to the 2016 FIFA International Panel of Referees and Assistant Referees and those that Member Associations will nominate to become a FIFA referee in 2017.

From August 8-21, fitness and technical instructors are conducting sessions focused on the requirements to meet CONCACAF standards.

As part of the academy, referee training revolves around daily fitness and technical sessions conducted on the field of play as well as extensive classroom debrief session highlighting the most significant coaching points from each day's matches.

Participants shared their view and passion with CONCACAF.com:

Brayan Lopez, fourth official (Guatemala)
“My passion for refereeing began as a child, when I was 13 years old.  My brothers and I were influenced by our father, who was a referee.  I’m very grateful to be here in the U.S. participating in this tournament.  My brothers, who are in Rio for the 2016 Olympics, are great role models and my dream is to excel like them.  The dream to referee the best games is what takes you to the next level.”

Wilson Tilus, new 2016 FIFA Assistant Referee (Haiti)
“CONCACAF has been giving me opportunities to officiate various matches.  The U-15 Girls’ tournament provides a significant opportunity to gain challenging experience as it’s an international competition.”

Odette Hamilton, prospective FIFA referee (Jamaica)
“Refereeing for me comes first.  Concentration, ability to make the right calls, self-motivation and being able to deal with criticism, are key aspects to be a referee.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2016, 09:12:36 AM »
CONCACAF Leadership Visits Central American Member Associations
CONCACAF

FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF President, Victor Montagliani and General Secretary, Philippe Moggio, are conducting a five-day tour in Central America that started on Monday in Guatemala and includes visits to El Salvador and Honduras.

This is the first official Member Association visit of Montagliani since he was elected as CONCACAF President in May in Mexico. The trip provides the Confederation’s leadership with an opportunity to discuss with Member Association officials cooperation across a range of priorities and challenges to further develop football within the region.

CONCACAF officials commended the excellent work of the Normalization Committees of the Federación Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala and the Federación Nacional Autónoma de Fútbol de Honduras to implement reforms.

“These visits are a significant opportunity to reinvigorate our dialogue on the needs and challenges of CONCACAF’s Member Associations based on the interests of the game, as we continue working closely to provide assistance and tailor-made support on their reform processes,” said Montagliani. “Cooperation along our federations is crucial to achieve stability in our region, while ensuring the long-term growth of football.”

In El Salvador, Montagliani and Moggio held meetings with Executive Committee members of the Federación Salvadoreña de Fútbol.

CONCACAF Council Member, Pedro Chaluja and UNCAF President, Rafael Tinoco, accompanied the Confederation’s delegation during their visit to Guatemala and El Salvador.

In Honduras, Montagliani and Moggio held a private audience with the President of the country, Juan Orlando Hernandez, who also recognized the achievements and contributions of the Normalization Committee on and off the field.

President Montagliani will travel to Antigua and Barbuda on September 10 to meet with the CFU leadership during their first Executive Committee meeting.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2016, 07:51:55 AM »
Trending now: FIFA ethics committee fines former vice president Jeffrey Webb $1 million for taking bribes and bans him for life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2016, 10:59:40 AM »
Guyana is in search of a venue to host Jamaica in October. Lack of availability of one facility due to cricket and the present lack of official approval from CFU regarding a prospective alternative.

By the way, Guyana also has a new technical director. Hired: Ian Greenwood from England (Huddersfield Town and Leeds City College) with a start date of October 8, 2016.

Will update with details.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2016, 08:26:29 PM »
Trending now: FIFA ethics committee fines former vice president Jeffrey Webb $1 million for taking bribes and bans him for life.

I'm sure he's not the only one within concacaf

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2016, 09:39:53 AM »
Eduardo Li, the former Costa Rican federation boss, entered a guilty plea in federal court in Brooklyn on Friday, regarding bribery and bribery-related charges. More to follow.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:42:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2016, 04:31:35 AM »
BFA given a clean bill of financial health
The Royal Gazette

The Bermuda Football Association’s financial statements have been approved by the BFA Congress.

Audited by Deloitte for the period ending April 30, 2016, the statements were given the all clear at last month’s Annual General Meeting.

In a statement released yesterday the BFA said it was “extremely pleased” that Deloitte had been able to complete the process five months after the end of the financial year.

“The BFA is immensely proud to have received a clean audit opinion from Deloitte Limited,” the statement read.

“The BFA thanks the Association’s full-time Secretariat staff, in particular, financial controller Gideon Kigotho as well as our elected treasurer James Davis for their role in such a successful audit.

“The Association is overwhelmingly pleased, that for several years now, we have had our audited statements produced in such a short period of time.

“We recognise that as a large charitable organisation, we are the beneficiary of Government grants; corporate support; gate revenue from the general public and registration fees from affiliates and players alike.

“We are reassured that the Government, financial partners and people in general can have an extremely high level of confidence in our accounting and sound financial management of our operations.

“We thank everyone involved and look forward to continuing such high financial standards.”

The Executive Council of the BFA will now submit the audited statements to the Charities Commission and the Department of Youth and Sports in the Ministry of Social Development and Sports.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2016, 03:58:31 AM »
FIFA to stage Women’s football administration course
Jamaica Observer

FIFA will stage a women’s football administrators course in Jamaica from December 5-9, 2016.

The course will be held at the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) Technical Centre, the University of the West Indies, Mona.

The FIFA has appointed Yolanda Camacho from Costa Rica, who is more widely known as the organiser and managing director of the Women’s Under-17 World Cup soccer tournament held in 2013.

Camacho is a lifelong soccer fan and has spent many years volunteering at soccer events in Costa Rica. For the women’s under-17 tournament, she spent three years meticulously planning the two-week event that would host teams from 32 nations. Costa Rica was the first Central American nation to host a World Cup tournament.

Participants in this highly anticipated course will be drawn from parish associations targeting administrators at the level of the secretariat, as well as administrators in the youth development programme; team managers in the national programme and the clubs involved in the local women’s league; and members of the administrative staff of the JFF Secretariat.

Topics expected to be covered are: managing youth teams, male and female; match coordination; game day organisation; football office administration; support to technical staff; male/female dynamics in football; and administrative systems and procedures to benefit the sport.

The course will be officially opened at 2:00 pm [on Monday].

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »
CONCACAF C Licence Coaches receive their certificates
Barbados Football Association

Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 was a special day for 17 locally based coaches when they were officially presented with their CONCACAF C License during an extra-ordinary meeting of the Barbados Football Association.

These coaches boast of being the first of 18 coaches in the CONCACAF region to be granted the license offered by the regional body. The other one being from the Cayman Island.

The presentation was done by President of the BFA Randolph Harris who expressed his delight in the pass rate of the course which was held for the first time ever in Barbados. The course which was held in April lasted nine days and culminated with theoretical and field tests.

The new C License Coaches are as follows:

Albert Mapp
Andre Lewis
Andrew Tudor
Augustin Jacob
Carlos Jackman
Colin Harewood
Dexter Marshall
Fabian Massiah
Fitzgerald Carter
Frank Holder
Kent Hall
Kenroy Skinner
Kenville Layne
Peter Ashan
Peter Reijn – (Cayman Islands)
Renaldo Gilkes
Richard Forde
Trevor Joseph

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2016, 04:47:23 AM »
Sports Commentary: The Grenada Football Association is on a suicide mission
By Marcia Braveboy, Caribbean News Now.

The Jack Kevorkian Assisted Suicide Plan

The destruction of the very essence of association football in Grenada since it was formed in 1924 entered its preparatory stage on July 2, 2016, when 18 clubs voted to strip 30 of the 40 clubs of their direct voting right; their direct right to attend Grenada Football Association (GFA) meetings; their direct right to choose their GFA executive; their direct right to attend general council meetings and many more enshrined rights.

In fact, they also illegally terminated themselves from membership of the GFA by accepting a new and doctored GFA statute; a statute that removed the basic rights and privileges of playing GFA football from 30 clubs – in effect removing them from direct representation and association with GFA.

Henceforth these 30 clubs will be known as indirect members of the GFA or “stakeholders” which is the new jargon.

All this in the absence of a quorum. A quorum would have been 50%+1 or 21 voting members as the GFA statutes dictate.

This feat was achieved by a magnificent form of co-coercion by GFA executive in getting a minority of clubs to breach the GFA statutes by:

1. Voting for a document that was not completed;

2. Voting for a document that was not thoroughly examined by the body;

3. Allowing themselves to be blindsided into voting for a date of implementation long before a proper and legal meeting could be held as dictated by the GFA statutes.

What was frightening about the whole exercise is that, in this the 21st century, black Caribbean men – an entirely black management group – would take away the vote from their own and strip them of all their rights, including membership; all under the watchful eyes of two European-Swiss representatives of FIFA.

What a monumental travesty of epic proportions!

The old Colonial Trick

According to Article 17.1 of the GFA statutes, termination of membership means loss of membership of GFA, which entails loss of rights and the obligations associated with GFA member status.

As a result of this disenfranchisement of these clubs, the ten obligations as established within the statutes when they were members will no more be enforceable by the GFA.

Realizing this and in order to keep these clubs as football surrogates, the GFA executive/CONCACAF/FIFA demanded that these clubs be “licensed” via a 'club licensing program' under penalty of non-participation in association competitions.

The vice president is assiduously and frenetically pursuing this program, accompanied by not so subtle threats to club football in Grenada.

A neat way of keeping the clubs under the laws of GFA, while removing their right to vote and any direct say in the affairs of the GFA.

Much like the European colonialists did with our nutmeg, cocoa and banana farmers.

They own and control the means of production without direct participation by the producer and owner of the product.

A vile and insidious act by the GFA executive committee.

It seems that colonialism with a liberal touch of fascism is back in Grenada through the Grenada Football Association; and maybe the Swiss have found willing house slaves in Grenada, as they seek to dismantle this “one man one vote” thing of these Caribbean football upstarts.

Ironically, even the bastion of colonialism repudiated this attempt by the European Parliament to do exactly what is now being done to Grenada football – “legislation without representation” – the British called it BREXIT!

The “one man one vote” concept goes way back to Julian Fedon against the French, followed up by Eric Gairy and the granting of “adult suffrage” from the British, up to the Bishop era of “people's participation” in their governance.

What a direct and utter disregard for our history and our culture, not to mention the total disregard for GFA statutes, which have governed the GFA since 1924 when it was created when football-playing clubs came together as an associative organization with participation from all.

Denial of FAP Aid for Clubs

Followers of the GFA over the past six years have been taking note of the derisive and dismissive disregard the executive has for the general council club-representatives.

Clubs have been clamoring over the past six years for a fair share of the annual FAP funds sent by FIFA in order to offset their uniforms and transportation costs during the competition season.

Repeated promises were made with a plan for the Club Assistance Program (CAP) and the Parish Assistance Program (PAP).

Both programs were never funded; instead clubs saw increased spending on personnel and material peripheral to actual playing of club football in the nation.

Continuously bad governance reflected in debilitating decisions, relative to the expenditure of GFA funds, have resulted in the GFA having a debt of some $1.5 million.

This mission is accomplished – administrative suicide!

Financial Mismanagement?

For example, expenditure on the Women's National Team was authorized with no funds in the coffers and a vague promissory note from CONCACAF indicated by the president, and saw a ratcheted-up spending spree by the GFA executive.

The erection of a building at the Queen's Park to house the home of the GFA is nothing more than grandiosity espoused by the president; especially with clubs development and the football standard needing to be addressed.

So a home for GFA is built – in the same area as two sporting stadiums; one for cricket and the other dedicated to football and athletics; with both having more than 30 to 40 spaces available to the GFA for its home and offices.

Another bad decision; as clearly cost of maintenance of the GFA home as against occupying an already existing stadium, purposely built for football, complete with lights et al, was never considered by the GFA executive.

God forbid, another monthly and annual drain on the GFA operational funds; and if one were to guess the president's next move, it would be to employ a large staff, which would complement this new two-story building.

Another suicide mission in the making! Economic suicide!

Thirty Clubs Terminated from GFA

With names like Hampshire United, Mt Rich FC, Paradise FC, Queens Park Rangers, St John's Sports Club, Willis Youths, St Andrew's Football League, Tempe All Blacks, which spell out either village football clubs or parish football clubs; it would take an extreme narcissist with a sick delusion of grandeur to deny that the nemesis of football in Grenada is not villages and/or parishes – but conferences!

The GFA executive soundly rejects the notion of village football or parish football… in fact as far as the new GFA statute declares (the one in which the Cheney Joseph-led executive committee used the Jack Kevorkian technique – assisted suicide – on General Council) the Conference is the start of football recognition by the GFA as far as existing clubs are now concerned.

The new statutes do not, apart from the Premier League, recognize any of the previously existing 30 clubs as they are no more members of GFA, period, and do not have a direct vote.

It must be noted that, in the last elections held, the president and the vice president were elected by these same clubs.

The pledge by these two was to develop club football and to represent these clubs to the best of their ability.

What a double-cross by these two GFA executive members!

These clubs have been summarily stripped of their GFA membership, their votes taken away from them and then cast into football oblivion by these same executive members.

A masterfully executed assisted suicide on 30 clubs!

Breaching the Statutes

Ignoring the GFA 2010 statutes has become a regular phenomenon of the GFA executive.

The withholding of clubs’ and individuals’ rights by wanton disregard has played itself out time and again.

Former general-secretary Victor Daniel was unceremoniously fired by the executive at the urging of its president. The then vice-president Rado Griffith, who was absent when the decision was made, urged the executive to give Mr Daniel due process by allowing him to be heard.

True to form, the executive refused, triggering heated exchanges that spilled out of the meeting room and into the yard, finally ending in an assault between the president and vice-president.

The matter is still being heard in the law courts of Grenada.

Vice-president Radio Griffith himself fell prey to this constitutional shenanigan led by the president, which saw him duped out of the legal post of vice-president and replaced by the president's hand-pick, Allan James, a career police officer.

Mr Daniel and the GFA are now in court over remuneration for his tenure.

Following the dismissal of Victor Daniel as general-secretary, the GFA executive led by the president unleashed a two year dismissal onslaught on no less than seven GFA general-secretaries, including a female; searching for that someone who will be palatable to their president.

What is very instructive is the manner in which many of the victims vacated the office and the vitriolic letters that followed, taking aim at the apparent dictatorial attitude of the president.

These make interesting reading and give a serious insight into the manipulative excellence of the GFA executive led by the president.

The most glaring breach of the statutes by the GFA executive was the withholding of the “right to be heard” from GBSS FC.

This resulted in a serious disruption of Grenada football and finally the general council had to force the GFA executive to implement Art. 63 of the GFA statutes on arbitration.

The Final Solution

When egos become larger than life and extreme narcissism is added, what comes out of this human laboratory is a volatile mix that can easily turn into a suicide bomb unbeknownst to the human mind to which the bomb is strapped.

The GFA recently took on the mantle of “a final solution” when 18 out of 40 clubs voted for the removal of 30 of them as members of this sporting organization at an illegal extraordinary general council meeting.

Ironically, the clubs also voted in two new members viz: the Referees Association and the Coaches Association, who although are necessary to the playing of the game, do not kick a ball competitively within the GFA.

The meeting was illegal for the following reasons:

a. Clubs had already voted to abandon any meeting that could not show a quorum one hour after the scheduled time.

Twenty-one members had to be present and eligible to vote in order to form a quorum.

The meeting started two and a half hours after the scheduled time and members present and who were eligible to vote numbered 19.

A quorum was never established, thus the meeting, according to the GFA statutes, was not a legal one.

b. Voting took place on two matters, with both results showing that only 19 legal members voted, in direct violation of Art. 32.2 and 3 of the existing GFA statutes.

c. The gfa Statute spells out in detail in Art. 36 the format to be followed in the event of “...any proposal to amend the statutes of the GFA...” and is part of an annual general meeting agenda.

All the above were deliberately ignored by the Joseph-led executive committee in a Kevorkian style induced suicide on the 19 members of the GFA general council who were present that day.

The GFA comprises 40 clubs.

If the president and GFA executive continues upholding this illegal extraordinary council meeting and the removal of the majority of clubs from the membership of the GFA, then all is lost and the GFA will not be representative of football players in Grenada; and the original concept of democratic participation and one club one vote established since 1924 will die.

The football clubs will have to find an alternative or subject themselves to the extermination oven of the GFA – which is hell bent on removing clubs from association football as their 'Final Solution'.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2016, 11:10:57 PM »
Ex-Nicaragua chief Julio Rocha pleads guilty to corruption charges
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The former head of the Nicaraguan football federation has pleaded guilty in New York in the corruption scandal that has engulfed the sport's governing body.

Julio Rocha pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy and wire fraud conspiracy on Wednesday (December 7) in federal court.

The case is part of a sprawling prosecution that triggered turmoil at FIFA, the governing body of international football.

Authorities say Rocha negotiated and accepted bribes totaling more than $150,000 linked to the sale of marketing rights.

Rocha was a FIFA development officer at the time of his arrest in May 2015. He was president of the Nicaraguan football federation from 1998 to 2012.

Rocha faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each count. He also has agreed to forfeit nearly $300,000.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2016, 11:21:02 PM »

CONCACAF holds XXIII Extraordinary Congress
Boxscore World Sportwire

CONCACAF held its XXIII Extraordinary Congress on Saturday at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel, where Member Association representatives approved the Confederation’s 2015 audited financial statements.

CONCACAF President and FIFA Vice President Victor Montagliani presided over the Congress, alongside members of the CONCACAF Council and General Secretary Philippe Moggio.

“Football comes first and is at the center of everything we do. This interest has to be more prevalent than anything else. We are building a new culture on the principles of transparency, accountability, and solid leadership,” said President Montagliani. “Our aim is to define our relationship with all associations and every member of the football community, by service and not by power.”

On the occasion of the Congress, CONCACAF invited Member Associations representatives to participate in a series of workshops designed to share best practices and tools to further develop the game. The program included a presentation on the initial steps to implement President Montagliani’s ONE CONCACAF Vision for the future of football. Through this vision, the Confederation will provide proper assistance to its Member Associations in order to improve their technical, development and administrative capabilities.

CONCACAF aims at establishing a path forward based on a new culture inspired by this vision, which includes four key pillars: Good Governance, Strategic Planning, Development and Strong Leadership.

The workshops program featured a question-and-answer session with special guest Steven Mandis, author of the book The Real Madrid Way: How Values Created the Most Successful Sports Team on the Planet.

This exchange provided insights about best practices on sports organization. Additionally, Mandis highlighted how transparency and trust are key to build a stronger brand.

“It is important to create an identity, aligning strategy with the culture and values of fans,” said Mandis, adjunct professor at Columbia Business School. “When an entire organization is focused on its identity it drives the passion and loyalty of fans, it attracts sponsors and generates revenues that enable investment in the best players of the world.”

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2016, 02:49:37 AM »
Ex-Nicaragua chief Julio Rocha pleads guilty to corruption charges
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The former head of the Nicaraguan football federation has pleaded guilty in New York in the corruption scandal that has engulfed the sport's governing body.

Julio Rocha pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy and wire fraud conspiracy on Wednesday (December 7) in federal court.

The case is part of a sprawling prosecution that triggered turmoil at FIFA, the governing body of international football.

Authorities say Rocha negotiated and accepted bribes totaling more than $150,000 linked to the sale of marketing rights.

Rocha was a FIFA development officer at the time of his arrest in May 2015. He was president of the Nicaraguan football federation from 1998 to 2012.

Rocha faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each count. He also has agreed to forfeit nearly $300,000.

Imagine the first friendly Djw organize is with Nic lol that should give you a good perspective of what type of person he is

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2016, 07:50:41 AM »
CONCACAF calls in feds (the football ones) to pass its 2015 accounting honeypot
By Paul Nicholson, Inside World Football.

CONCACAF is holding another extraordinary congress this Saturday (December 10), this time to approve the Confederation’s 2015 audited financial statements, remarkably almost a full year after the financial year ended. The positive from this is presumably that they managed to produce a set of accounts.

2015 was a year of disaster for the regional governing body. In Zurich in May, key executives President Jeffrey Webb, Cayman Islands, and Costa Rican FA president and executive committee member Eduardo Li, were arrested on corruption charges by the US Department of Justice.

Things did not get much better when stand-in president Alfredo Hawit, from Honduras, was arrested in the US, also on football-related corruption charges. Add in the downward spiral of marketing partner Traffic Sports and the arrest of its CEO Aaron Davidson, the financial picture looked bleak as contracts with suppliers were rapidly cancelled and the confederation scrambled to cut costs and get a grip of its operations.

But the financial picture painted in the accounts, which Insideworldfootball has seen, is actually far from bleak and shows a revenue return of more than $91 million from broadcast, sponsorship and ticketing from the blue riband national team Gold Cup competition.

Reconstituted at the last minute, the Gold Cup effectively saved the confederation from looking for a massive bail out, and paid for some chunky legal fees.

Total revenue for the year was $100.5 million against $32 million for 2014. The revenue from 2016 can be expected to be significant following the hosting of the successful Copa America Centenario in the US. That revenue will be split with CONMEBOL.

So the question then becomes, where did that $100 million go?

It certainly didn’t make its way to its national federations, most of whom live in poverty and on promises of good times to come; the kind of wage slavery the Caribbean in particular has become used to from its North American neighbours.

Details to the accounts lack a little transparency in the new world of football transparency trumpeted from the secretive hallways of Zurich by FIFA’s new president Gianni Infantino – zealously supported on his election day by the US and Canada – and supposedly implemented through the new reform process passed back in May 2016.

For a confederation brought to its knees by accusations of monetary theft, to wait so long to publish accounts in the year it came under the corruption microscope is a little eye-opening to say the least. Good governance in business would not allow such a long period to pass, nor generally would the relevant tax authorities. Though CONCACAF and certain executives have clearly developed a special relationship with the US justice department.

Of the $100.5 million, $52.4 million was expensed to ‘program services’, essentially competition expenses. The Gold Cup cost $24.8 million, the Champions League $7 million, ‘other events’ $18.1 million and development $2.4 million.

It is the detail and obfuscation in the ‘Support Services’ expense line – a hefty $31.1 million – that really needs questioning and a detailed breakdown. Within that figure ‘governance’ expense is pegged at $6.2 million and ‘general and administrative’ at $22.9 million.

Insideworldfootball has previously reported that lawyers Sidley Austin in their prime were billing CONCACAF $1 million a month. Samir Gandhi, Sidley Austin’s lead on the CONCACAF project was even the confederation’s representative on FIFA’s reform committee – presumably he was billing for that time as well. New president Victor Montagliani was also on that committee, one wonders who he might have billed.

In a note to the BDO audited accounts it is stated that: “During the year ended December 31, 2015 CONCACAF spent a total of $10,174,366 in Investigation and Reform Implementation costs. Comparable amounts spent with such firms was $42,665 in 2014. Expenditures for this work have continued during 2016.”

While the note says 11 vendors are included in this expense, the bulk can be safely assumed to have gone to Sidley Austin; who incidentially were also brought into to help with the clean-up of CONCACAF after the Jack Warner vote buying scandals. Clearly CONCACAF can provide a career defining opportunity.

In May 2016 CONCACAF elected Montagliani to the presidency in a controversial election that saw FIFA remove his main challenger, and likely election winner, Gordon Derrick, president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). He was removed from standing on the basis that FIFA would not accept him in Zurich on their executive committee, a dubious decision to say the least and the first of a number of elections FIFA has attempted to get involved in both in the Caribbean and elsewhere in the world.

Derrick subsequently was re-elected to the CFU presidency despite Montagliani and FIFA intervention in that election too. If there is a theme it is that the new CONCACAF and its friends are strong on intervention and short on finance for its membership, preferring to keep the cash under their control. The Caribbean has been both marginalised and impoverished while others have profited – and, not surprisingly, this doesn’t make them comfortable. Their future does not appear to be any different with the centralisation of power over all activity (development initiatives and local competitions) in Miami.

In the days before Congress the federations have been invited to participate in a number of workshops in Miami “designed to share best practices and develop capabilities across a range of functional and administrative areas,” according to a CONCACAF press release. There is an irony there that has not been lost on CFU delegates.

Montagliani will preside over the Extraordinary Congress to get the 2015 accounts passed. He was present and on the frontline of the 2015 corruption chaos as part of the 3-man emergency committee tasked to run the organisation – all other committees were scrapped. As such, he was a player in the decisions being taken within the confederation, decisions that ultimately lead to these accounts in their current form – and on the surface they reflect an impressive save by the confederation.

Whether all the federations will be so impressed with these numbers remains to be seen. The Caribbean members are not to be underestimated in political circles and together they are still a potentially controlling block. They are unlikely to carry on compliantly accepting another whitewash from the rich and those who see themselves as their masters.

Contact the writer of this story at paul.nicholson@insideworldfootball.com
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:52:12 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2016, 09:50:49 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »
Former CONCACAF bigwigs Hawit and Callejas given life bans
By Andrew Warshaw, Inside World Football.

Three months after disgraced former CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb – not so long ago touted as a possible successor to Sepp Blatter – was banned for life, two more once all-powerful officials of the same confederation have suffered the same fate with Hondurans Alfredo Hawit and Rafael Callejas thrown out of the game by FIFA’s ethics committee for taking bribes as part of the US-led football corruption scandal.

Hawit was a former FIFA vice-president but Callejas even ran the Honduras government having been state president from 1990 to 1994.

Amid the fallout from the scandal which uncovered a $200 million web of corruption and threw FIFA into turmoil, both are awaiting sentencing in the United States.

The move was hardly a surprise since FIFA’s ethics committee routinely imposes life bans on officials who have pleaded guilty. The committee said both men took bribes from marketing companies linked to awarding commercial rights to World Cup qualifying matches. Hawit was interim president of CONCACAF in succession to Webb when he was arrested in Zurich in December last year.

Hawit pleaded guilty in a federal court in New York in April to racketeering conspiracy, two counts of wire fraud conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct justice. He admitted to having received “hundreds of thousands of dollars” in bribes from two sports marketing companies seeking media rights for football matches and tournaments including 2014, 2018, and 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Hawit is the third CONCACAF president to be banned for life since the scandal exploded in May last year, following the expulsion of Jack Warner (Hawit acted as interim president then as well), who is fighting extradition to the US in his native Trinidad and Tobago, and Webb, the latter also awaiting sentence after pleading guilty to racketeering charges.

Callejas, a member of FIFA’s Marketing and TV committee when he was indicted by American prosecutors, pleaded guilty in March to charges of racketeering and wire fraud conspiracy and admitted, like Hawit, accepting bribes in exchange for awarding marketing rights to World Cup tournament matches in 2014, 2018 and 2022.  He was also president of the Honduras federation, FENAFUTH, from 2002-15 and is due to be sentenced at the end of January.

FIFA’s ethics committee said, in a statement, that the pair had broken rules on bribery and corruption, conflicts of interest, loyalty and duty of disclosure. “As a consequence, both officials are banned for life from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:08 AM »
Montagliani backs expanded 2026 as CONCACAF looks set for co-hosting bid
By Andrew Warshaw, Inside World Football.

CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani has given another strong hint that the first 48-team World Cup could be jointly staged by the USA, Mexico and his native Canada.

Montagliani said a three-way hosting in 2026 was “a definite possibility” given that few countries can organise an enlarged competition on their own.

“I think there seems to be a prevailing thought that a confederation-type bid with multiple hosts is probably good for football,” Montagliani told reporters following Tuesday’s FIFA Council meeting that approved the first World Cup expansion for 28 years. “Those are discussions that will probably accelerate.”

“In some regions not only does co-hosting make more sense, it’s the only sense. From the organisational standpoint, there will be more games, more training facilities but it increases the opportunity for revenue, for exposure. In the end, I thought the (expansion) decision was made for the right reasons.

“Some countries are maybe spoilt because they go all the time, like Germany, so maybe they take it for granted but, for a lot of countries making it to the World Cup, it’s the biggest thing to happen to that country.”

CONCACAF is a shoo-in for selection for 2026 given that Europe and Asia are excluded following the choice of Russia and Qatar as hosts of the next two World Cups. For the first time under FIFA’s reform process, the 2026 host will be picked by FIFA’s entire 211-nation membership, rather than just an elite few. So far, only Morocco – so often the bridesmaid, never the bride – has expressed any kind of appetite for bidding from outside CONCACAF.

With 80 matches instead of 64, FIFA forecasts $1 billion in extra revenue but Montagliani denied football’s world governing body was putting profit before football and said the FIFA Council decision had been based on thoughful analysis of what was involved rather than “on a nod and wink” – a strategy FIFA was accused of under Sepp Blatter. “Maybe the time has come when we don’t do things on winks and nods any more,” he said.

CONCACAF seems likely to get at least 1.5 extra slots at an expanded tournament, maybe more. Certainly, Mexico and Canada would seek automatic places if they stage the 2026 World Cup jointly with the US. “From a confederation standpoint we are at 3.5. There will obviously have to be more than four in a 48-team World Cup but there is no number we have in our head right now,” said Montagliani.

Asked whether Donald Trump’s presidency would create any friction over a proposed joint bid between the United States and Mexico, he replied: “He’s a big sports fan and you would hope that football can trump politics – no pun intended.”

Montegliano did admit, however, that most confederations would have to tweak their qualification formats after 2022. He didn’t say as much but South America is perhaps a case in point.

With seven of their 10 members likely to be offered places in the finals, CONMEBOL’s two-year qualifying process risks being seriously downgraded.  One solution might be to split the format into two qualifying groups of five rather than lump all 10 together. “It’s an issue we will discuss internally if and when the time comes,” CONMEBOL president Alejandro Dominguez of Paraguay told Insideworldfootball.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:37 AM »
CONCACAF and FEMEXFUT Boost Football Development with Educational Program
CONCACAF

Joint effort offers tools to raise the game’s level for coaches and referees from across the region

The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) and the Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación (FEMEXFUT) announced today a joint effort to continue improving the standard of football within the region through a Program of Refereeing Excellence and Coaching Education.

The program conducted in the new facilities of FEMEXFUT in Toluca, Mexico, provides an innovative platform to train Technical Development Directors from 35 Member Associations as well as top national-level referees in a professional environment.

“The Program of Excellence for Referees and Coaching Education is an important step in investing in football, a pillar of our ONE CONCACAF Vision. The Confederation and FEMEXFUT are working together to implement the initiative, which represents a key deliverable to accomplish our mission to develop the game,” said CONCACAF President Victor Montagliani. “For the first time, CONCACAF and FEMEXFUT have established a program that presents unique educational tools to increase and improve the sport quality within the region.”

Coaches and referees will have customized access to FEMEXFUT’s educational resources, including special sessions on technical, physical, psychological, and nutritional aspects.

“The Federación Mexicana de Fútbol is very proud to announce this joint initiative with CONCACAF. This program represents a fundamental step forward for football development,” said the President of the Federación Mexicana de Fútbol, Decio de María. "The Program of Refereeing Excellence and Coaching Education will offer valuable elements that will enable us to continue evolving in order to meet the demands of today’s world of football."

Coaching Education

The Coaching Education course, which also offers modules on how to develop youth and lower divisions, kicks off on Monday, January 16 through Friday, January 20, 2017.

Furthermore, UEFA’s Head of Football Education Services, Frank Ludolph, will speak about the importance of grassroots development and best practices to raise the level in this area.

Refereeing

Top national-level referees will be trained, over an eight-week period, by professional referees from Mexico as well as FIFA Instructors. Participants will be assigned selected games to officiate in one of the lower divisions of FEMEXFUT, commensurate with their level of refereeing. This program consists of two four-week sessions: the Introductory Course, which begins on Monday, January 30 to Monday, February 27; and a Certification Course that will begin on Monday, September 4 to Monday, October 2, 2017.

Through a thorough application process that resulted in over 30 candidates, CONCACAF selected 14 referees that will participate in the program.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
You mean to say we can't get them courses at the center of excellence anymore. Shimms man. Jack, whey you!

1]; } ?>