April 28, 2024, 03:59:15 AM

Author Topic: Does anyone own a Slingbox?  (Read 678 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Does anyone own a Slingbox?
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:57:44 AM »
What are your experiences with it?

Is the reception good?

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone own a Slingbox?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
I dont know much about Slingbox, but I could tell you how to make a Slingshot !
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
I've used a couple of models. They work well for what they do. Your available bandwidth will determine quality of picture you get.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
I don't but I've been reading up a lot about them... looking into possibly getting one depending on how a couple things break. I might have to relocate and still keep a presence in mih present home state and doh really want to pay two DirecTV bills, so... we'll see.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 05:19:50 PM »
My brother has one but I'm the only one who knows how to do all the technical stuff (I set it up, I have to reset it, etc.).  He lives in California and apparently it works quite well when the internet at home is working well.  You can hook it up either to a normal TV or a TV/DVR combo.  The same DVR was hooked up to all of the TV's though so sometimes I'd be home alone watching something off the DVR and all of the sudden the channels would start changing and he'd be recording shows.  I will however say that that thing has been more of a pain in my ass than any other gadget I've ever worked with...it is constantly screwing up and needing to be reset which can be a pain in the ass if the internet is not cooperating.  The main problem is that the DVR box is too far from the internet router for a direct connection so we had to use a wireless Sling Link to get the internet connection and I think that is what causes the issues.  It went off again about 6 months ago and I told him I'm done fixing it and that when he doesn't want it anymore I'm smashing it with a sledge hammer.  Then again a friend of mine has one, said it was easy to set up, and hasn't had to touch it since then so it could just be a bad one.  Plus I think you can now watch on tablets and smartphones though I don't like those things either.  I'd say if you're good with internet stuff (like setting it up and stuff like that) then you should be safe, or if your TV signal source is close to your router you should be fine.

I think he mainly just watched sports and sitcoms on there and so I just set him up with streaming sites for sports and places to download or watch sitcoms online.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:57:05 PM by theworm2345 »

1]; } ?>