March 28, 2024, 02:54:09 AM

Author Topic: Carlyle Mitchell Thread  (Read 14095 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlyle Mitchell heads to South Korea
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 07:23:21 AM »
Good to see him getting some matches - how'd he end up in South Korea though?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 07:39:56 AM »
Good to see him getting some matches - how'd he end up in South Korea though?

His former coach at the Vancouver Whitecaps, Martin Rennie, is the coach of Seoul E-Land.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
Brave move to a completely foreign culture and language. Papayo, the things our players have to do to put food on the table eh.
Nuff respect for having such courage. It means yuh have to be quite hungry to succeed.
Well ... players from underdeveloped countries would do it in a flash, so who iz we.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 05:18:11 PM »
The new journey begins.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:57 PM »
S. Korea has produced a steady stream of English pros over the pas 12 years (ever since hosting the WC).  Not sure what state their local professional league is in, but it augurs well that they're able to produce such quality players.  The style of play of the national team is fast-paced, and attractive, hopefully that's not limited to coaching preference, and filters down to the pro league as well.   Hope this opportunity works out for him.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
S. Korea has produced a steady stream of English pros over the pas 12 years (ever since hosting the WC).  Not sure what state their local professional league is in, but it augurs well that they're able to produce such quality players.  The style of play of the national team is fast-paced, and attractive, hopefully that's not limited to coaching preference, and filters down to the pro league as well.   Hope this opportunity works out for him.

Yeah, the S. Korea plays decent football. They a well organized league and state of the art stadiums. I hope he excels. Good luck, youthman.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
Congrats again Mitch. Yuh creating history.
The pictures make us feel that you're alright. Send pics frequently.
See you in the Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers, hot from regular and good play in S Korea.
Expand yuh horizons, develop yourself, put food on de table and pave the way for more of your colleagues.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM by dreamer »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
Not sure of the vibe in and around football, but many non-Korean/Asian professionals live and work there due to the strength of many S. Korean companies (Samsung, LG, Semes, Hyundai, Daewoo).  Been there once on business and quite multicultural in these sectors (of course though w/a (an) Korean (Asian) dominance).  Not quite on Japan's level from a multi cultural perspective but not far behind. 

My guess is in football circles they provide some of the amenities players need to make that transition.  Ply your trade CM, do your thing....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »
At least Samsung, Hundai, etc are part and parcel of the Korean league. And it shows. Their clubs do pretty well in the Asian club champs. Even though they just lost the Asian nation cup to Aussie on pks, they have consistently reached the finals on numerous occasions. They have consistently qualified for the WC. THe last 7 as far as I can count.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »
Ah din see the final of the Asian Cup, but that loss was gut wrenching. Saw a clip of the post-game reaction and it was tears. Before the Cup, they were adamant that winning was essential to underscoring their dominance in Asia behind the consistency of WC qualification.

This move catches my attention.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 06:33:36 AM »
WATCH Carlyle Mitchell score his debut goal for Seoul E-Land FC in a 3-2 loss to Sangju Sangmu. The goal was very meaningful because Carlyle received news of his father's death earlier in the day, and he still decided to play. He is on his way back to T&T to be with his family.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5MA3V7HIQ5E?start=304" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5MA3V7HIQ5E?start=304</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:24 AM »
condolences to Carlyle and his family.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »
Wow!
Carlyle breds, heartfelt condolences on your loss which we share with you.
You were in maximal distress, pain and sorrow
and yuh still went out there to prove how tough you are and yuh buss de net to say one fuh you dad.
Boy you eh easy . Daiz warrior. You're de real deal.
Dem Koreans watching yuh wit' real respec'
BraveHart in awe. See you in de Gold Cup

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
Condolences to Mitchelli!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »
Carlyle Mitchell suffered an ankle injury over the weekend, and will be out of action for at least a month. It happened in the 26th minute of a K-League Challenge match between Seoul E-land FC and Chungju Hummel FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bnuhmLrSghU?start=113" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bnuhmLrSghU?start=113</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Soca Warriors suffer Mitchell Gold Cup blow.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Already without key midfielder duo, Vietnam-based Hughtun Hector and Orlando City’s Kevin Molino due to long-tern injuries, Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart will now have to do without sturdy defender Carlyle Mitchell for next month's Concacaf Gold Cup. This after it was confirmed that Mitchell who plays for Seoul E-Land in the South Korean League will not recover from an ankle injury sustained in a league match last month in time.

In addition to Hector and Molino, defensive duo Robert Primus and Seon Power are also nursing injuries while midfielder Ataullah Guerra, who is with the team in Jordan for Tuesday's friendly international is uncertain as he recovers from injury as well. Yesterday, the 21-man T&T senior team arrived in Amman, Jordan after spending the night in London on Friday.

Skipper Kenwyne Jones and the rest of the team checked into the Renaissance Hotel, Heathrow following their Caribbean Airlines travel from Port of Spain on Thursday night.

There was one addition to the squad heading to Jordan as  Denmark-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr  was included in the team  by Hart after the T&T coach was informed while in London that English-born defender Gavin Hoyte would not be traveling with the team to Amman after requesting to be excused.

Hoyte recently signed with English League two side Barnet and has been asked by his new club to withdraw from the T&T squad for Tuesday’s international friendly and stay back in England.

With regards to the injuries Hart said, “That’s the situation as it is at the moment. We’ve been faced with some challenges but the important thing  is to focus on  what we have going for us at the moment and what is ahead which is a match against Jordan on Tuesday and hopefully a preparation camp next week which will lead us into our Gold Cup campaign.”

“The game against Jordan is an opportunity to have the players together in a game situation which has not been a regular occurrence for us this year.  Having the squad together is always important and we’ll look to address certain things as it pertains to our preparations for the Gold Cup,” he added.

The team will be based at the Grand Hyatt in Amman and will have its first training session in the Kingdom today (Sunday). Last Friday, Jordan secured a 3-1 victory over Tajkistan in Asian 2018 World Cup qualifying action. A hat-trick by Hassan Abdel Fattah gave the visiting Jordan a much deserved win at the  Respublikanskiy Stadion.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:36:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
WATCH: Carlyle Mitchell scores the opening goal in Seoul E-Land’s 4-2 win over Chungju Hummel
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U15yZWusyiE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U15yZWusyiE</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 09:06:54 AM »
WATCH: Defender Carlyle Mitchell scores a goal in first-half injury time to salvage a 1-1 draw for Seoul E-Land vs Daejeon Citizen

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VWFMp7vUOg8?start=108" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VWFMp7vUOg8?start=108</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 06:06:13 AM »
Mitchell on the search for new club.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National defender Carlyle Mitchell has completed his contract with Seoul E-Land FC in South Korea and is on the search for a new club for the 2017 season.

The former Vancouver Whitecaps player has been a regular in the T&T team, scoring two goals in back-to-back appearances, with two clinical headers in the 3-1 loss to Honduras and the 3-1 victory over Nicaragua last week in Managua.

“I felt great coming off two goals in two matches for the national team.

“My confidence has been good as we headed into the these Gold Cup qualifiers which are very important matches for the team, the coaching staff and players,” Mitchell said.

“Once the Suriname game is out of the way, now we have to focus on Haiti.

“The coach has put down his feet and trying to set an example for the team.

“After that we have the two qualifiers in March but I don’t want to think that far ahead as yet.

“We can be strong at home for those two games against Panama and Mexico and I believe we can get the results in those matches to get ourselves back in the race.”

Mitchell spoke about his club situation, saying: “My two year contract was up in December.

“We didn’t come to a new agreement so we part ways but my agent is working on some things at the moment and pretty soon I should know what’s next for me.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Carlyle Mitchell Thread
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »
Mitchell now with Jabloteh.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »
Mitchell now with Jabloteh.

is ah conspiracy or wha? even what i taught was established foreign based can't hold acquire a renewal..or it have more money in TT league..or ah home cooked pelau trump foreign dunzei any day of the season

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
East Bengal signs Carlyle Mitchell
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »
East Bengal signs Carlyle Mitchell
xtratime.in

Kingfisher East Bengal makes another strong move to the transfer market by signing a top class defender to bolster their squad for the forthcoming season. Deon Carlyle Mitchell, the central defender of the current Trinidad and Tobago National team has signed for the Red and Gold Brigade as the third foreigner. The native of another East Bengal foreigner Willis Deon Plaza will no doubt be a huge signing in Indian football.

He signed with Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League Soccer on 15 September 2011. making his debut for the club on 6 October 2011. Mitchell was loaned to NASL club FC Edmonton on 11 March 2013. He was released by the Whitecaps on 14 November 2014 after their 2014 season ended.

He signed for South Korean club Seoul E-Land in December 2014, for the 2015 season. Mitchell made his international debut for Trinidad and Tobago in 2010. He scored his first goal for the national side in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification 3–1 loss to Honduras on 15 November 2016

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2017, 06:13:57 AM »
Mitchell ready for new India adventure.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago defender Carlyle Mitchell is ready to start a new adventure in his professional football career. And this new stage takes place in India in a few days time.

Mitchell, formerly of MLS club Vancouver Whitecaps agreed to join East Bengal Football club for one season where he link up with countryman Willis Plaza to play in the I-League, the top tier of football in India.

The FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup will take place in India in October and the country is abuzz with football activity.

East Bengal plays its home matches at the Salt Lake Stadium which has a capacity of 85,000. The stadium will host the final of the U-17 World Cup with 85,000 bucket seats being installed. The largest crowd at the venue was 131,781 spectators for a domestic Federation Cup final between East Bengal in Mohun Bagan in 1997 prior to the refurbishment of the venue.

Before the start of the I-League, Mitchell and Plaza will appear for East Bengal in the Calcutta League starting next month.

Mitchell,l 29, has played on the Asian continent before, having plied his trade with Seoul E-Land in the South Korean K League between 2015-2016. He is a past player for San Juan Jabloteh, Joe Public and Caledonia AIA and also joined FC Edmonton in Canada on loan in 2013 while he was contracted to Whitecaps. He has made 35 appearances for T&T and is a past student of Hillview College.

Mitchell said he was happy with his latest move.

“I am happy and very grateful for my new contract with East Bengal Football Club. I feel fortunate to have yet another opportunity to play international club football in a country where football is growing at a rapid pace,” Mitchell told TTFA Media on Saturday.

“Playing in the I-League is a great opportunity for me, especially playing for a team like East Bengal. They have won three national football league titles in India, eight federation cups among other competitions. I am excited to have the chance to play a season with them along with my compatriot Willis Plaza,” he added.

Mitchell has not been involved in the national team’s recent slate of World Cup qualfiers after suffering a groin injury which ruled him out of the home matches against Mexico and Panama and subsequently the USA and Costa Rica games. But with two crucial matches looming in September, Mitchell is hoping to force his way back into the set up.

Mitchell is the fifth T&T player to sign an overseas deal in the last month, with Jan Michael Williams, Jamille Boatswain, Daneil Cyrus and Darren Mitchell all making moves while Plaza recently signed on with Bengal to make a return to India.

“I have put a lot of work into my physical and metal recovery and I am ready to play football once again. Hopefully with a good training regime and a few games under my belt I will be knocking on the doors of the national team for selection once again.

” I think the team has been growing getting better every time the guys come together and been working under Dennis Lawrence and his staff. You can see it in the way the team played the past two games. I think once things go right, we can grind out two results in September and get ourselves back into a good position for qualification,” Mitchell said.

Mitchell scored a second half header in T&T’s 3-1 defeat to Honduras in the second match of the Concacaf final stage in San Pedro Sula last November. T&T will host Honduras on September 1st before travelling to face Panama in Panama City four days later.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 04:44:56 AM »
Mitchell focusing on Honduras.
TTFA Media.

“Crucial two weeks for us”

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team head coach Dennis Lawrence will begin preparations on Monday morning at Larry Gomes Stadium for the upcoming International Friendly with Jamaica scheduled to take place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Thursday August 24th at 8pm.

Lawrence will begin training with a provisional squad before finalising his selection for the encounter with the Reggae Boyz who are coming off a strong showing at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in which they finished runners up, losing to hosts United State in the final.

Lawrence meantime is continuing to monitor potential call ups both at home and abroad for the final squad that will face off with Honduras in the September 1st World Cup qualifier at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Among them is defender Carlyle Mitchell who has played three matches for his new club East Bengal in the Indian League.

Mitchell is back from injury having made his international return with a scoring performance in the recent 3-0 defeat to Ecuador in Guayaquil. Mitchell is no doubt looking to make Lawrence’s final selection. He was T&T’s lone scorer in the 3-1 defeat to Honduras in the San Pedro Sula last November.

“ I think next two weeks are very crucial for us as individuals and as a team as we need to get it together and understand how the the coach wants us to play,” Mitchell told TTFA Media on Sunday  “Once we get this part of it right then I think we will be fine.

“The game against Jamaica on the 24th is a very good test for us. Playing against Jamaica is always difficult and we need a game like this because Honduras will not be any different and from this game the coach will have a fair idea who is ready for Honduras and who is not . We need performances and results as nothing less than three points for us on September 1st will be sufficient,” Mitchell added.

Playing at home needs to be a factor for T&T and Mitchell is banking on optimum fan support in both encounters.

“We know what it is to feel the home advantage both in our favour when we get that kind of support at home and also when we are away to these teams. They bring that added energy to any venue. I think when playing at home we can beat anyone as we just have to focus for ninety minutes and take our chances when they come.  Honduras is a difficult team but right now we need points so we have dig deep and get the job done,” Mitchell concluded.

Tickets to see T&T versus Jamaica are available at NLCB Lotto Locations nationwide priced at $100 (covered) and $50 (uncovered). Fans can also access early bird tickets for the Honduras qualifier at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered) and see the T&T versus Jamaica clash for no additional cost on that same ticket.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
WATCH: A brace from Carlyle Mitchell gives East Bengal a 2-0 win over Calcutta Customs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/18jogHlBtr0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/18jogHlBtr0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mitchell says World Cup exit is his biggest disappointment
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:18 PM »
Mitchell says World Cup exit is his biggest disappointment
TTFA Media

The disappointment of the World Cup qualifying ambitions ending on Tuesday night in Panama City is obvious. And a day after his team conceded an own goal scored by him that put Panama 2-0 ahead, defender Carlyle Mitchell is holding his hands up with an apology.

Mitchell and his teammates along with Dennis Lawrence and his staff members, are coming to terms with the run of events over the past week.

“Firstly, I want to apologise to the nation and to coach Dennis Lawrence, his staff and my teammates for the way in way the results went,” Mitchell told TTFA Media.  “This has been the biggest disappointment of my career. I feel like I’ve let my country down, my teammates down and I will not pretend that we did things the way it was suppose to be. This is not something you just wake up in the morning and forget all about.”

“We had the opportunities to try and turn things around and make this happen for the country. I am a person who does not live with regrets because it is something that can stay with you for  life,” he said.

The former Vancouver Whitecaps player chose to express his feelings on the campaign overall particularly the six-games played in the “Hex” this year.

“It was a bit of a see-saw. We had our moments, some up, some down and we have to take responsibility for not being able to fulfil what we wanted to achieve in all of this. I think the coach and his staff gave it their all. They wanted this badly just as we as players wanted and unfortunately it did not work out for us. We have to reflect and recover from this for the benefit of everyone who cares about the country’s football,” Mitchell added.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2017, 11:09:52 PM »
this dude makes some very basic mistakes in the defensive half of the pitch that cost us dearly in so many important games that I wouldn't mind if this was the last we ever saw of him in national colors, sorry but he's just not good enough at this level.

thank you carlyle very much for your services we wish you all the success in the world, bye now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:32:17 AM by pull stones »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2017, 01:35:51 AM »
Can someone who plies their trade in India ever bring quality to our team? Why are we so shocked at these results when our personnel are not capable? LMAO

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »
Can someone who plies their trade in India ever bring quality to our team? Why are we so shocked at these results when our personnel are not capable? LMAO
i like dennis lawrence a lot and could only hope that his services are retained going forward but on this occasion he got it so wrong for those two very important matches. he failed by not using the same formula and the same team he imployed against Costa Rica and by replacing Carlos Edwards with Aubrey David in the right back position bringing in vilaroel instead of mikail by using Cato instead of lewis who knows that stadium better than cato and who's way more effective going forward and a higher skill level.

on the second game Dennis got it even more wrong when he started Phillips in goal and left the speedy Cyrus on the bench and went with sloppy caryle mitchel in the full back position and worst of all starting Willis plaza in the forward position when this guy has only ever scored an international goal against anguilla.......bloody anguilla leaving boatswain on the bench who showed greater talent linking up with the attackers against Costa Rica and honduras. there's one positive aspect that came from all of this, now Lawrence knows for sure who's capabable and who's fudder for the future going forward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlyle Mitchell, Nathan Lewis sign with Indy Eleven
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
Carlyle Mitchell, Nathan Lewis sign with Indy Eleven
IndyEleven.com

Indy Eleven Professional Soccer announces the signing of defender Carlyle Mitchell and forward Nathan Lewis to its 2018 roster pending federation approval. Both Mitchell and Lewis arrive in Indianapolis from Trinidadian side Central FC. 

“I’m very excited to work with Carlyle, again,” Indy Eleven head coach Martin Rennie said. “He was the second best in the K-League when I coached him in Korea. He’ll be an excellent defender that will bring a great goal threat on offensive set plays.”

“Nathan Lewis is a fast, dangerous winger, who is rated as one of the most exciting prospects in Trinidad & Tobago at the moment,” Coach Rennie said. “We're very happy that he has chosen to join Indy Eleven.”

30-year-old Mitchell returns to a Coach Rennie’s squad after previously lining up under the Scotsman during stints with Major League Soccer’s Vancouver Whitecaps and Korean second division side Seoul E-Land. Additionally, Mitchell has played for former North American Soccer League’s FC Edmonton on loan. Mitchell started his senior career playing for Trinidad & Tobago Pro League team Joe Public FC. Prior to joining the “Boys in Blue”, Mitchell spent a short spell with Trinidad & Tobago club Central FC. Furthermore, Mitchell has made 35 appearances for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team, scoring three goals in all featured competitions.

Lewis has made several call-ups to the senior Trinidad & Tobago National Team, including roster appearances in 2018 World Cup qualifying matches against Panama, Grenada, United States and Costa Rica. In addition to World Cup qualifying opportunities, Lewis has also featured in CONCACAF Champions League lineups for Trinidad & Tobago. Aside from national team call-ups, the 27-year-old forward has found his feet in Trinidadian clubs Morvant Caledonia United, San Juan Jabloteh and most recently, Central FC.

Per club policy, terms of player contracts with Indy Eleven will not be released.

1]; } ?>