April 26, 2024, 11:43:11 PM

Author Topic: T&T look for right result at home  (Read 2874 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T look for right result at home
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
T&T look for right result at home.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

“Our next game is against Barbados and for this game we go there and try to win the game.

Like I said in football there are three possibilities which is win, lose or draw. And as always we go to win. This is no different to any other game we play.”

Those were the words of head coach Otto Pfister on the eve of what has turned out to be a must win match for the “Soca Warriors” as they take on Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 5pm on Tuesday.

On the same evening, Pfister and company will be hoping Bermuda can continue their winning ways at home when they host Guyana who are top of the group on maximum nine points.

Regardless of the result there, T&T have it all in their hands as three wins in the remaining three games will see them through to next year’s semi-final round.

“It’s not over the top for us. It’s a massive game for us but every game in a World Cup qualifying campaign is just as important as the next one. I think we have the capabilities to advance in the tournament and once we play well then I see us getting the results.

Pressure is a normal occurrence but obviously we can’t put pressure on ourselves by thinking this could be the end of the road if we don’t get a result. Once we believe then our execution becomes easier out on the pitch,” John told TTFF Media.

T&T are still without five of its regular starters but will go into this game with the same 20 from Bermuda.

Barbados meantime will have in their squad, Wrexham striker Louis Moss.

Moss is eligible for Barbados through his mother and is the son of outgoing Wrexham FC owner Geoff Moss.

“I went out to Barbados for 13 days and it was a fantastic experience. I came on as a substitute against Guyana and made my first start when playing against Trinidad and Tobago in the first game.

Although the matches didn’t get us the results we wanted, it was a great opportunity and I am definitely glad I went,” Moss said.

Barbados also have Wigan Athletic defender Emmerson Boyce, who donned the captains armband for their 2-0 loss to Guyana, along with Marine FC striker Neil Harvey as their other overseas-based players in the provisional 20-man squad.

Looking back at their loss on Friday, Barbados head coach Colin Forde said: “I take full responsibility for the defeat. We played a very good game until we conceded the first goal.

We created a number of chances and it was a much-improved performance from the previous games. The only thing we did not do was score goals.

Now we have to play Trinidad and we will go there and try to win our first game. We still have three games to play and we will work towards winning all three.”

Meantime, T&T midfielder Carlos Edwards, a former Wrexham player himself, also now the father of twin girls, is hoping his teammates can get the job done.

“I’ll be following the game obviously. I’m not there but I believe in the boys and it’s a chance for them to really step up and deliver for the coach and the fans.

They must be willing to give their all and show what they are capable of. I’m not worried at this stage but obviously I want them to do well and I’m hoping for a good showing,” said Edwards who played in T&T’s 2-0 win over Barbados last month through goals by Keon Daniel and Darryl Roberts.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:57:19 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T look for right result at home
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:19 AM »
Molino looks like T&T best player, he have some very good touches, I feel he may replace Tinto on T&T side.

He and Cyrus was probably de best find Latapy ever do as a coach.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:09:52 AM »
who's that right back, when i look at the video that man keep popping up the ball into the air and the other team gets the ball. i hope he does get the start, today.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
Osei Telseford is a good ball winner but he does play a hurry hurry come for curry football and does make poor passes and judgements.

My team for today (ent Birchall suppose to come back) ?

-------------Phillip----------------
Power----Williams---James---Adams
Molino----Birchall----Hyland--Daniel
--------Peltier-----John----------

Subs from

Jorsling for John
Connell for Daniel
Tinto for Molino
Pacheco for Adams
Williams for Phillip
Telesford for Power
Leon for Hyland
Hector for Birchall
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 06:55:15 AM »
Osei Telseford is a good ball winner but he does play a hurry hurry come for curry football and does make poor passes and judgements.

Subs from

Jorsling for John
Connell for Daniel
Tinto for Molino
Pacheco for Adams
Williams for Phillip
Telesford for Power
Leon for Hyland
Hector for Birchall

birchall is not back and Hector is much better at making tings happen dan anybody else who play center mid thus far..........ah cyar understand how he not cemented there yet
I pity the fool....

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 07:06:35 AM »

Subs from

Jorsling for John
Connell for Daniel
Tinto for Molino
Pacheco for Adams
Williams for Phillip
Telesford for Power
Leon for Hyland
Hector for Birchall

birchall is not back and Hector is much better at making tings happen dan anybody else who play center mid thus far..........ah cyar understand how he not cemented there yet

boss same thing ah askin myself but atleast he gettin playin time so hopefully the coach will start show more faith in him
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 07:37:31 AM »
i hope tnt show the game. we can judge

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »
I have a feeling he going with the 4-3-3 again..  let me play Otto

His team :  Phillips, Telesford, Power, James, Adams, Molino, Hyland, Daniel, Hector Stern Peltier

My team 4-4-2: Phillips, Telesford, Power, James, Adams, Molino, Hyland, Hector, Daniel, Stern, Jorsling

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
From the video highlights I like some of the movement and interchanges going forward.   But the technique and execution is kinda lacking as expected....and we probably need a lot of work at the back if we conceded two from those guys. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
what game your guys looking at man,  Phillips, Telesford-???, Power, James, Adams, Molino, Hyland, Hector, Daniel, Peltier (Stern-too slow watch the tape), Jorsling 4-4-2

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
To be honest from those highlights, that the best I've seen us move the ball in years!!! Well done coach, I like how the team is looking fluid in possession. We just need to polish up on top in execution and timing and that will come with the games we play together. All the best this evening T&T!!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
di boys knocking di ball. but Lick shot when yu in the box man.. mi see dem a try pass ball in di box.. lick facking shot mi sey!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »
di boys knocking di ball. but Lick shot when yu in the box man.. mi see dem a try pass ball in di box.. lick facking shot mi sey!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

well me an you could agree on dat atleast.........is years now I find we should shoot more.....always tryin to walk d ball into d box and goal steups
I pity the fool....

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

Subs from

Jorsling for John
Connell for Daniel
Tinto for Molino
Pacheco for Adams
Williams for Phillip
Telesford for Power
Leon for Hyland
Hector for Birchall

some people jumbie my thread when i complained why hector was not included  ::)

from what i have seen in that video, the team has improved on their short passing game, they are building the attack, no long ball nonsense and some very nice passes from the mids, penetrating and good vision

they have improved, to me it seemed like a hard luck game, not worried at all after seeing the highlights, they will win the last 3 games, as i stated
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:06:54 AM by Controversial »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »
wasn't it you and elan who jumbie my thread when i complained why hector was not included  ::)

sour prick...........I took issue with u castin him as a stereotypical number 10, which he is not, find d post and read properly nah...........and I have been a fan of his since he played in the Haiti game under Latas.......u does be in a real hurry to fall on yuh ass\face eh...steups
I pity the fool....

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 11:12:18 AM »
 :-[i hope tnt shows the game. i955fm is very frustrating and negative to team and coach. I hope u guys looking at the US team with their new coach. 

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »
After watching the highlights I have a few tips for you Lotto.

1. Please tell Telesford to stop lobbing the ball and on top of that to a player blanketed by two defenders.

2. Stern John looked feeble in front of goal, he needs to do some more laps in training. He should not be taking any free kicks whatsoever. He should be waiting in the box for those. You have Hyland, who has a wicked shot, and Daniel on the same team to take those free kicks. They are free damnit.

3. Molino‘s game is nice. If you could only see the potential in using he and Hector in the same tactical scheme as Spain and Barcelona uses Iniesta and Xavi, you may be considered a genius.

4. Most importantly Lotto, you cannot rely on Stern John as your only player to shoot at goal, not with those feeble shots, more players must get involved in shooting quality shots at goal. The damn Bermuda keeper had very little to do and a lot to thank the non shooting TnT players for. You have to shoot quality shots at goal I cannot stress that enough. It's a fact of life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:32:22 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlPNGrZl_o&NR=1 check this video and what u think?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
After watching the highlights I have a few tips for you Lotto.

1. Please tell Telesford to stop lobbing the ball and on top of that to a player blanketed by two defenders.

2. Stern John looked feeble in front of goal, he needs to do some more laps in training. He should not be taking any free kicks whatsoever. He should be waiting in the box for those. You have Hyland, who has a wicked shot, and Daniel on the same team to take those free kicks. They are free damnit.

3. Molino‘s game is nice. If you could only see the potential in using he and Hector in the same tactical scheme as Spain and Barcelona uses Iniesta and Xavi, you may be considered a genius.

4. Most importantly Lotto, you cannot rely on Stern John as your only player to shoot at goal, not with those feeble shots, more players must get involved in shooting quality shots at goal. The damn Bermuda keeper had very little to do and a lot to thank the non shooting TnT players for. You have to shoot quality shots at goal I cannot stress that enough. It's a fact of life.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>