April 27, 2024, 01:23:52 AM

Author Topic: Bermuda sink Soca Warriors.  (Read 13131 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda sink Soca Warriors.
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »
So dahis it now? Scapegoat Pfister because of his age? Ridiculous.

Interviews like this doh help his case!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU</a>

What's wrong with the interview?  All I see is a frustrated coach.  What is he saying that's wrong in your opinion?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
@Preacher

Unacceptable excuses:-

1. 3 Key players missing!!
Come on, who we playing Mexico/USA or Bermuda?

2. Had to use 3 new players he never saw before!
Come on, who's fault is that? One friendly against Indian before this round start but he was here 3 months before that drinking cocktails on the beach!

To me a top notch coach values his reputation so much that he would not have allowed this situation to arise, i.e no friendlies to see players and build-up team chemistry between local and foreign base etc for over 3 months and world cup qualifiers coming!

As much as we may wish to blame the TTFF for no freindles, Mr so-called ‘Iron’ Pfister as a previously respected world cup coach should have demanded more friendless or tended his resignation!
In this regard Pfister is starting to remind me very much of Maturana who blamed the TTFF for undermining him after he had lost any chance of qualifying the team for SA and was asked to leave!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:50:26 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
unfair assessment of the coach. No preparation = Cannot evaluate talent = cannot build a team, in a competitive environment. What do people really expect ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
unfair assessment of the coach. No preparation = Cannot evaluate talent = cannot build a team, in a competitive environment. What do people really expect ???

I agree with you there Observer but Pfister was here for 3 months and tolerated it, i.e having no friendlies to evaluate players and build a decent team.

Maybe Pfister looked at the name of the other teams in our group and underestimated them and thought that we could get away with topping our group without playing any friendlies so he tolerated the lack of friendlies that the TTFF offered him!

We could still top our group but I could do without those two lame excuses he offered in the interview especially seeing what he was prepared to tolerate from the TTFF!

Anyway I am sure Pfister knows that if T&T don't win our group he will be out of a job with a damaged reputation so let’s see what happens for our remaining 3 games.

I don't see Guyana rolling over easily to T&T with the big incentive that their players have to win the group and they are already half way there!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:55:23 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

Who fault is it that he cannot evaluate talent? Go with what you know then  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
I've been watching the usual mix of panic, defeatism, namecalling and a little bit of hope.

In my opinion you could blame the players if you wish. Maybe the individuals are not good enough, but saying that, the 2006 squad was mainly English lower league players or Pro League players. Those that weren't were not exactly household names. Kenwyne was fairly unknown, Latapy was unknown outside Scotland and T&T, same as Marvin. Yorke had passed his best. The biggest name was Shaka. Stern had a good rep as a Championship goalscorer and Carlos was known as a good potential for smaller Premiership clubs.
So, todays squad isn't really much different. Yes, Stern and Carlos may be past their best, but Kenwyne is a better player and Birchall has matured nicely. Given the right preperation, coach and momentum, these players are good enough.

So, maybe we should blame the coach? Yes, he's 73, but he's not senile. He now has more experience and knowledge than ever before. He's the most experienced coach T&T have ever had with the best track record. Maybe he has lost some of the hunger and passion? It's possible, but this will probably be his last national position and I believe he wants to succeed. People say he did nothing for 3 months. First, he has to acclimatise to the culture. He had no Pro League to watch. He began gathering the players for training sessions and scouted overseas talent. He was probably promised some warm up games. By the time August came and he realised he was getting no warm ups, he probably spit out his dummy and the India game was arranged. Then, BANG, first qualifier. What were his options? Resign? That would be a failure. Instead he continued to observe the training, pull players in and push some out. He watches every Pro League match as well as Pro League friendlies. His aim is probably to get through this round and put pressure on TTFF to get him some serious friendlies.

Blame TTFF? Well, actually, yes. It is their key role to project T&T football via international competition. They have failed miserably. From not paying players and staff to mismanaging their budget, to failing to develop a strong youth programme, TTFF have failed at every level. It is disgusting that the same people are still in place. TTFF should be completely dismantled and replaced, using some of the useful TTFF staff if required. (Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater). TTFF appoint the coach, and they have made some poor decisions. Latapy would have been an excellent asst coach and could have been groomed for the top spot in 5-7 years. He should also take some responsibility for stepping up before he was ready and effectively smash his coaching career. It is only TTFF who can arrange and fund friendly matches, and without reasonable opposition, there is no way to blood youngsters or gauge the teams standard. TTFF have repeatedly let down this country since September 2006.

And, of course, we have to consider our Jack in the Box, Mr Warner. Singlehandedly, Mr Warners dishonesty has led us to this situation. Had he adhered to his deal with the players, we may have performed better in the 2010 qualifiers and hopefully the Gold Cups. A gradual handover would have occurred between the old school and the new young bucks. A structured rebuilding would have taken place. Instead, his petulance led to the smashing up of T&T's most successful ever squad. For 5 years Mr Warner (according to Mr Camps affidavit) has witheld a large amount of TTFF funds. Funds that could have been used for youth development and to help the new squad mature and develop. He appears in court on tuesday and its a shame he can't be tried for crimes against the state, for his constant involvement in international football scandals have brought shame upon the shores of T&T. Through his controversies, including the blacklisting of players, he has overseen the transition of T&T football from proud warriors to untouchables. How many nations have blankly refused to play T&T in friendlies? We don't know, but it seems very strange that teams like Honduras get quality opposition. Nations are looking for friendlies, but the lack of quality opposition over the last few years points to Federations not willing to be tarnished by associating with Mr Warner. And what demands did he make? We don't know if approaches were made but Warners demands were too high or just not acceptable. Remember the allegation by the Scottish F.A. that Warner asked for the match fee to be paid to his personal account?

2014 may not be possible, but its looking good for 2018 (and we should always be planning two world cups in advance a la Canada). Hopefully, this court case will finally cut the ties between Camps, Warner and the other jokers and our national football. We have an exciting crop of youngsters coming through, and although it may be ambitious for the Olympic squad to reach London, some of those boys will blend into the senior team. By 2015, that team will be blooded and ready for the 2018 qualifiers.

Providing we have a nice handover from Pfister to his replacement (who should already be in place as assistant coach so he can learn Pfisters secrets) and the new TTFF can arrange friendlies with the likes of Mexico, Canada etc and we reach a Gold Cup finals, the future looks bright.   

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:19:51 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
@Preacher

Come on, who's fault is that? One friendly against Indian before this round start but he was here 3 months before that drinking cocktails on the beach!

To me a top notch coach values his reputation so much that he would not have allowed this situation to arise, i.e no friendlies to see players and build-up team chemistry between local and foreign base etc for over 3 months and world cup qualifiers coming!

As much as we may wish to blame the TTFF for no freindles, Mr so-called ‘Iron’ Pfister as a previously respected world cup coach should have demanded more friendless or tended his resignation!
In this regard Pfister is starting to remind me very much of Maturana who blamed the TTFF for undermining him after he had lost any chance of qualifying the team for SA and was asked to leave!

Nah you just sharing licks from a side.  Put it this way, give the man 1% of the bligh you give Latas and we'll be good.  At least respect the man credentials.  What his comment implied to me is that he didn't personally pick them fellas.  Which tells to much more than I care to know at this point.  Nonetheless, Otto is a professional.  This loss on the players. They were good enough but didn't get the job done.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »
@Preacher

Nah you just sharing licks from a side.  Put it this way, give the man 1% of the bligh you give Latas and we'll be good.  At least respect the man credentials.  What his comment implied to me is that he didn't personally pick them fellas.  Which tells to much more than I care to know at this point.  Nonetheless, Otto is a professional.  This loss on the players. They were good enough but didn't get the job done.

If that is the case then I will lose all respect for Pfister and hope that he leaves now!!
That's the same excuse we heard from Maturana for his failure when he left; that he was not in charge, was being undermined and was not picking the team!!
Please don’t get me mad now, as that sounds to me like history repeating itself!!

You can’t be taking big head coach salary (which is T&T taxpayers money by the way) and then turn around and tell me that you are not picking the team and calling the shots especially so early in the campaign! 
Please tell me that you are misinterpreting Pfister’s comments because I refuse to believe that you will find that an acceptable excuse!

That's excuse is even worse than the two weak excuses Pfister actually gave us in the interview!

Btw I am not trying to condemn Pfister as a bad coach but with the salary he is on he needs to come with a better explanation than that in an interview if we lose a game to a team on the level with Bermuda!
The missing key players thing doh really hold too much water for me at this level!!! Who did we play, Mexico or Bermuda?! ???

Let’s hope that was the first and last time we get that key players missing excuse in this round as it is not Mexico, USA or Costa Rica we playing in this group!

Finally I can agree with you that the players failed to get the job done! I would have preferred to hear that from the coach in the interview rather than him saying key players were missing and he used players he never saw before!! Them sort of comments does get me worried!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:14:40 PM by Socapro »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »
Men eh watching the speed, strength and power with which the USA attacking and defending with. These fellas fit and serious. We fighting up with Bermuda and donkey Just Cool talking about Barbados and Guyana. Jokers.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 01:44:58 AM »
man in here really defending this shit performance ? I could care less which players top foreign players were missing. So we have no depth !!! ???...So wait these are not top players from our Pro League ??? !!! and its not the national team coach job to develop players..Its the football clubs job to develop players ..Pro league aint producing shit right now..

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 04:09:41 AM »
Anyone know if a Youtube video of the game is available?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »
I've been watching the usual mix of panic, defeatism, namecalling and a little bit of hope.

In my opinion you could blame the players if you wish. Maybe the individuals are not good enough, but saying that, the 2006 squad was mainly English lower league players or Pro League players. Those that weren't were not exactly household names. Kenwyne was fairly unknown, Latapy was unknown outside Scotland and T&T, same as Marvin. Yorke had passed his best. The biggest name was Shaka. Stern had a good rep as a Championship goalscorer and Carlos was known as a good potential for smaller Premiership clubs.
So, todays squad isn't really much different. Yes, Stern and Carlos may be past their best, but Kenwyne is a better player and Birchall has matured nicely. Given the right preperation, coach and momentum, these players are good enough.

So, maybe we should blame the coach? Yes, he's 73, but he's not senile. He now has more experience and knowledge than ever before. He's the most experienced coach T&T have ever had with the best track record. Maybe he has lost some of the hunger and passion? It's possible, but this will probably be his last national position and I believe he wants to succeed. People say he did nothing for 3 months. First, he has to acclimatise to the culture. He had no Pro League to watch. He began gathering the players for training sessions and scouted overseas talent. He was probably promised some warm up games. By the time August came and he realised he was getting no warm ups, he probably spit out his dummy and the India game was arranged. Then, BANG, first qualifier. What were his options? Resign? That would be a failure. Instead he continued to observe the training, pull players in and push some out. He watches every Pro League match as well as Pro League friendlies. His aim is probably to get through this round and put pressure on TTFF to get him some serious friendlies.

Blame TTFF? Well, actually, yes. It is their key role to project T&T football via international competition. They have failed miserably. From not paying players and staff to mismanaging their budget, to failing to develop a strong youth programme, TTFF have failed at every level. It is disgusting that the same people are still in place. TTFF should be completely dismantled and replaced, using some of the useful TTFF staff if required. (Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater). TTFF appoint the coach, and they have made some poor decisions. Latapy would have been an excellent asst coach and could have been groomed for the top spot in 5-7 years. He should also take some responsibility for stepping up before he was ready and effectively smash his coaching career. It is only TTFF who can arrange and fund friendly matches, and without reasonable opposition, there is no way to blood youngsters or gauge the teams standard. TTFF have repeatedly let down this country since September 2006.

And, of course, we have to consider our Jack in the Box, Mr Warner. Singlehandedly, Mr Warners dishonesty has led us to this situation. Had he adhered to his deal with the players, we may have performed better in the 2010 qualifiers and hopefully the Gold Cups. A gradual handover would have occurred between the old school and the new young bucks. A structured rebuilding would have taken place. Instead, his petulance led to the smashing up of T&T's most successful ever squad. For 5 years Mr Warner (according to Mr Camps affidavit) has witheld a large amount of TTFF funds. Funds that could have been used for youth development and to help the new squad mature and develop. He appears in court on tuesday and its a shame he can't be tried for crimes against the state, for his constant involvement in international football scandals have brought shame upon the shores of T&T. Through his controversies, including the blacklisting of players, he has overseen the transition of T&T football from proud warriors to untouchables. How many nations have blankly refused to play T&T in friendlies? We don't know, but it seems very strange that teams like Honduras get quality opposition. Nations are looking for friendlies, but the lack of quality opposition over the last few years points to Federations not willing to be tarnished by associating with Mr Warner. And what demands did he make? We don't know if approaches were made but Warners demands were too high or just not acceptable. Remember the allegation by the Scottish F.A. that Warner asked for the match fee to be paid to his personal account?

2014 may not be possible, but its looking good for 2018 (and we should always be planning two world cups in advance a la Canada). Hopefully, this court case will finally cut the ties between Camps, Warner and the other jokers and our national football. We have an exciting crop of youngsters coming through, and although it may be ambitious for the Olympic squad to reach London, some of those boys will blend into the senior team. By 2015, that team will be blooded and ready for the 2018 qualifiers.

Providing we have a nice handover from Pfister to his replacement (who should already be in place as assistant coach so he can learn Pfisters secrets) and the new TTFF can arrange friendlies with the likes of Mexico, Canada etc and we reach a Gold Cup finals, the future looks bright.   

First off, i want tuh say Thanx for making plenty sense, and secondly, thanx for saving me all that precious time typing, since i've been meaning to do that since friday, but couldn't find the right words to say.

i notice every time we lose ah game ppl does abandon good common sense and go on long psychotic tirades throwing all manner of reasoning in the garbage in order to vent their frustration, ah hope ppl on here paying heed to your post, bc it was right on the chin, POW!!!!!

DUM DUM ELAN AND CO dogging the coach who was only in charge for a short time, and amid all the chaos with the TTFF and funding / bankruptcy and lack of friendly games, and expects great results like if the man is ah MDFKN magician!

it takes time to build ah team with good chemistry, especially when the team was incapacitated for 5 long a$$ yrs, chemistry comes with yrs of practice and dedication,  just ask capello.

anyway thanx for making ah world of sense! best post in ah very long while. :applause:   :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:06:59 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
The information (below) does not look too encouraging for our team’s performance. It appears that at some point during the game the Bermuda team was playing a man down and we could not take advantage of this situation!

http://www.islandstats.com/sport.asp?assoc=1&sport=2

Friday, October 07, 2011
Bermuda Win and Stay Alive in the World Cup

IslandStats.com
Bermuda 2 Trinidad 1

Bermuda Starting Line Up - Fredrick Hall, Tyrell Burgess, Kamen Tucker, John Barry Nusum, Devrae Tankard, Andre Manders, Khano Smith, Lashon Dill, Nahki Wells, Kwame Steede, Antwan Russell - Trinidad Starting Line Up - Marvin Phillip, Akeem Adams, Julius James, Osei Telesford, Khaleem Hyland, Hayden Tinto, Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Stern John, Keon Daniel, Seon Power

The game started with Trinidad going with a strong breeze at their back, both team struggled early with the conditions, Trinidad won the games first corner. Trinidad was forced to make an early substitute with Hayden Tinto replaced by Hughtun Hector, while Bermuda’s substitute goalkeeper Tahj Bell was shown the red card by the referee after consulting the fourth official. Trinidad’s Khaleem Hyland was shown the yellow card in the 40th minute for dangerous play. Minutes later Lashun Dill had a right footed shot come crashing back off the crossbar and Nahki Wells’ shot that followed went over the crossbar. At the half the score remains 0 – 0.

Wells had a right footed shot from just outside the box that was saved by Trinidad goalkeeper Marvin Phillip. Five minutes into the second half Manders had a shot go just over the bar following a Bermuda Corner. Bermuda went infront in the 53rd minute when Antwan Russell scored from close range, a ball forward from Manders found Russell in the middle he held off his marker and scored from inside the six. In the 57th minute Trinidad came close to equalizing however Stern John’s shot was saved by Frederick Hall, one minute later John was replaced by Devorn Jorsling. In the 63rd minute Nahki Wells doubled the Bermuda lead with a left footed shot that flew into the net giving the Trinidad goalkeeper no chance. In the 68th minute, Trinidad’s Kevaughn Connell replaced Osei Telesford and Bermuda’s Damon Ming replaced Lashon Dill. In the 79th minute Chris Caisey replaced Nahki Wells. In the 81st minute Trinidad pulled a goal back for Trinidad as Kevin Molino bundled the ball over the line. One minute later Seion Darrell replaced Andre Manders. The referee blew the final whistle as Bermuda get their first three points of the group.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Carenage boy.. go back and read that article and the bolded part especially and tell me if you come to the same conclusion again
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »

First off, i want tuh say Thanx for making plenty sense, and secondly, thanx for saving me all that precious time typing, since i've been meaning to do that since friday, but couldn't find the right words to say.

i notice every time we lose ah game ppl does abandon good common sense and go on long psychotic tirades throwing all manner of reasoning in the garbage in order to vent their frustration, ah hope ppl on here paying heed to your post, bc it was right on the chin, POW!!!!!

DUM DUM ELAN AND CO dogging the coach who was only in charge for a short time, and amid all the chaos with the TTFF and funding / bankruptcy and lack of friendly games, and expects great results like if the man is ah MDFKN magician!

it takes time to build ah team with good chemistry, especially when the team was incapacitated for 5 long a$$ yrs, chemistry comes with yrs of practice and dedication,  just ask capello.

anyway thanx for making ah world of sense! best post in ah very long while. :applause:   :cheers:

You have mouth diarrhea or what all that ish yuh talking. Nobody saying the coach eh good or is he "fault" we lorse. What we saying is doh come wid that dum arse excuse he come with. For being ah big coach he should be a lil more technical with his post match interview (maybe he think de fans eh at that level  :-\  ). You  rel chupidy yes.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »
The information (below) does not look too encouraging for our team’s performance. It appears that at some point during the game the Bermuda team was playing a man down and we could not take advantage of this situation!

http://www.islandstats.com/sport.asp?assoc=1&sport=2

Friday, October 07, 2011
Bermuda Win and Stay Alive in the World Cup

IslandStats.com
Bermuda 2 Trinidad 1

Bermuda Starting Line Up - Fredrick Hall, Tyrell Burgess, Kamen Tucker, John Barry Nusum, Devrae Tankard, Andre Manders, Khano Smith, Lashon Dill, Nahki Wells, Kwame Steede, Antwan Russell - Trinidad Starting Line Up - Marvin Phillip, Akeem Adams, Julius James, Osei Telesford, Khaleem Hyland, Hayden Tinto, Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Stern John, Keon Daniel, Seon Power

The game started with Trinidad going with a strong breeze at their back, both team struggled early with the conditions, Trinidad won the games first corner. Trinidad was forced to make an early substitute with Hayden Tinto replaced by Hughtun Hector, while Bermuda’s substitute goalkeeper Tahj Bell was shown the red card by the referee after consulting the fourth official. Trinidad’s Khaleem Hyland was shown the yellow card in the 40th minute for dangerous play. Minutes later Lashun Dill had a right footed shot come crashing back off the crossbar and Nahki Wells’ shot that followed went over the crossbar. At the half the score remains 0 – 0.

Wells had a right footed shot from just outside the box that was saved by Trinidad goalkeeper Marvin Phillip. Five minutes into the second half Manders had a shot go just over the bar following a Bermuda Corner. Bermuda went infront in the 53rd minute when Antwan Russell scored from close range, a ball forward from Manders found Russell in the middle he held off his marker and scored from inside the six. In the 57th minute Trinidad came close to equalizing however Stern John’s shot was saved by Frederick Hall, one minute later John was replaced by Devorn Jorsling. In the 63rd minute Nahki Wells doubled the Bermuda lead with a left footed shot that flew into the net giving the Trinidad goalkeeper no chance. In the 68th minute, Trinidad’s Kevaughn Connell replaced Osei Telesford and Bermuda’s Damon Ming replaced Lashon Dill. In the 79th minute Chris Caisey replaced Nahki Wells. In the 81st minute Trinidad pulled a goal back for Trinidad as Kevin Molino bundled the ball over the line. One minute later Seion Darrell replaced Andre Manders. The referee blew the final whistle as Bermuda get their first three points of the group.

De sub keeper............meaning the keeper on the bench.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »

from a poster who I respect and knows his football  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »

That is level mess Observer talk there.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
Pathetic...

this is the biggest decline ever in our football.  Losing against Bermuda?  Paying so much for a big coach?
Lacking basic talent to beat up on these minnows?

Bermuda and the rest of the region did NOT catch up.  We declined.  those 11 players and coach on that field are to blame.  I am disgusted and embarrassed.

Who is Bermuda? ...we should not lose against them with even our U-20 team.  You can't excuse and defend mediocrity.
whey boy!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Goals win matches!  They score two,  we only score one...so dey win!   Score dee blasted goals an dem and stop talking.  No more excuses!   Claim yuh spot if yuh deserve it

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »

lol Elan why yuh so?

The man make a very very reasonable and realistic statement.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Carenage boy.. go back and read that article and the bolded part especially and tell me if you come to the same conclusion again

FF, enlighten me please! I didn't see the game. Was the substitute goalkeeper shown the red card before or after getting on the pitch? From my very very very limited understanding of football over the years, if you get a red card, you leave the pitch. May be I'm wrong; I do not claim to be an expert at all things. If that wasn't what happened (since I didn't see the game), then tell me what happened please.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »

FF, enlighten me please! I didn't see the game. Was the substitute goalkeeper shown the red card before or after getting on the pitch? From my very very very limited understanding of football over the years, if you get a red card, you leave the pitch. May be I'm wrong; I do not claim to be an expert at all things. If that wasn't what happened (since I didn't see the game), then tell me what happened please.

With all due respect...
I didn't see the game and the article wasn't written very clearly... but there are certain indicators present that should enable you to discern what really happened... albeit with the application of some common sense.

I ent trying to insult yuh... I know this is an emotional period, but please take the time to read the article. For one... you will see that the starting goalkeeper is still making saves late in the game. Amongst other indicators.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »
FF, someone else was nice enough to make the point that the substitute goalkeeper was still on the bench.

As far as that newspaper article is concerned, the indicators are not there to show that the #1 was between the sticks at the beginning of the game. Let me put it to you another way, the #2 goalkeeper could have been used earlier in the game. I wasn't there! So you could have made your response a lot less snarky if you had simply said that he was still on the bench!

Believe me, speaking about being emotional, I put a noose around me tongue before responding to your little "common sense" remark!!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »
FF, someone else was nice enough to make the point that the substitute goalkeeper was still on the bench.

As far as that newspaper article is concerned, the indicators are not there to show that the #1 was between the sticks at the beginning of the game. Let me put it to you another way, the #2 goalkeeper could have been used earlier in the game. I wasn't there! So you could have made your response a lot less snarky if you had simply said that he was still on the bench!

Believe me, speaking about being emotional, I put a noose around me tongue before responding to your little "common sense" remark!!!

Bermuda starting line up is the first thing detailed in your original post!
allyuh fellas does get too emotional man... yes i was "snarky" but all the answers to your questions are in your own post
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:48:02 PM by FF »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »

Without getting into who more right or wrong... I think if nothing else, Observer has earned the benefit of the doubt where these types of discussions are concerned.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »
All I going to say on this is Fail to prepare = Prepare to fail.......we will beat Barbados.......Guyana will be tougher but we will prevail.....

At the next stage well......all yuh know my refrain.......

WE GOING BRAZIL!!!

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :whip: :challenge: ::) ::)

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 06:58:09 PM »
Without getting into who more right or wrong... I think if nothing else, Observer has earned the benefit of the doubt where these types of discussions are concerned.

tru dat.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »

Bakes you read what he write?

You working for ah company and they put you in charge of a project. You are told in an effort to complete your project successfully you need to make applications for resources.

Time to present your project, it fails miserably. When ask for insight your reply is that resources that YOU sourced and employed was not of standard. The resources could have been observed at other locations in use prior to employing said resources.

Pfister brought players in and placed them on the field, Observer contention is that Pfister had NO WAY to evaluate talent  :bs:  How then did Pfister come to choosing these players? Yes you cannot know exactly how a player will play in a given game, but Obserever saying you have to abdicate Pfister for choice of player and I am saying that is :bs:

1]; } ?>