April 28, 2024, 11:05:27 PM

Author Topic: Nigel Lewis goes to jail  (Read 12037 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nigel Lewis goes to jail
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:45:35 AM »

http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2010/02/17/nigel-lewis-goes-jail

While JW and Blaze are running away with the 2010 Road March title with Palance, a former Road March winner is languishing in a Florida prison, awaiting trial on two sex-related charges. Although Nigel Hayden Lewis, 43, was granted bail in the sum of US$150,000 to cover both charges, he is still detained at the Paul Rein Detention Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.

Although the details of the case are sketchy, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office in Florida confirmed that the alleged offences occurred before the February 1 arrest of the calypsonian in Miramar, where he lives. They accused Lewis of “lewd or lascivious (feeling or revealing an overt or offensive sexual desire) behaviour.” The sheriff’s office contend that the two victims in the case were between 12 and 16 years old, while the “offender” was more than 18 years old. No date has been set for Lewis’ next appearance before a Broward County magistrate.

Lewis has been living in Florida for some time, but sheriff officials could not say if the former Road March champion was staying legally in the US. Lewis and his brother Marvin took T&T by storm in 1996 with their bumper song Movin’, otherwise known as Moving to the Left. Nigel Lewis became a household name from his Road March success. He went further with a follow-up tune—Follow the Leader.

His musical journey begins in Tobago. His parents, a dancer and jazz musician, respectively, definitely influenced his career path. Lewis developed into a remarkable singer/songwriter/musician in many ways. He taught himself to play six instruments without formal classroom training, and his clairvoyant lyrics have confronted universal issues, such as poverty, world peace and voting rights.

WHERE LEWIS IS BEIN DETAINED

The Paul Rein detention facility was opened in February 2004 at a cost US$36.6 million. It was named after a deputy sheriff who was shot and killed in the line of duty on November 7, 2007. The facility is designed to handle 1,020 inmates in two four-storey towers. More than 200 deputies supervise the inmates, with support from nearly three dozen non-sworn administrative employees. Lewis is the only T&T national detained there, officials confirmed.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Lewis goes to jail
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »
Nigel Lewis goes to jail
T&T Guardian.

Above: The Paul Rein Detention Facility in Florida, where Nigel Lewis is detained. Inset: A prison mug shot taken of Nigel Lewis in Florida on February 1.

While JW and Blaze are running away with the 2010 Road March title with Palance, a former Road March winner is languishing in a Florida prison, awaiting trial on two sex-related charges. Although Nigel Hayden Lewis, 43, was granted bail in the sum of US$150,000 to cover both charges, he is still detained at the Paul Rein Detention Facility in Pompano Beach, Florida.

Although the details of the case are sketchy, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office in Florida confirmed that the alleged offences occurred before the February 1 arrest of the calypsonian in Miramar, where he lives. They accused Lewis of “lewd or lascivious (feeling or revealing an overt or offensive sexual desire) behaviour.” The sheriff’s office contend that the two victims in the case were between 12 and 16 years old, while the “offender” was more than 18 years old. No date has been set for Lewis’ next appearance before a Broward County magistrate.

Lewis has been living in Florida for some time, but sheriff officials could not say if the former Road March champion was staying legally in the US. Lewis and his brother Marvin took T&T by storm in 1996 with their bumper song Movin’, otherwise known as Moving to the Left. Nigel Lewis became a household name from his Road March success. He went further with a follow-up tune—Follow the Leader.

His musical journey begins in Tobago. His parents, a dancer and jazz musician, respectively, definitely influenced his career path. Lewis developed into a remarkable singer/songwriter/musician in many ways. He taught himself to play six instruments without formal classroom training, and his clairvoyant lyrics have confronted universal issues, such as poverty, world peace and voting rights.

WHERE LEWIS IS BEIN DETAINED

The Paul Rein detention facility was opened in February 2004 at a cost US$36.6 million. It was named after a deputy sheriff who was shot and killed in the line of duty on November 7, 2007. The facility is designed to handle 1,020 inmates in two four-storey towers. More than 200 deputies supervise the inmates, with support from nearly three dozen non-sworn administrative employees. Lewis is the only T&T national detained there, officials confirmed
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:25:35 AM »
LAWDDDDDDDDDDD
FADDERRRRRRRRRR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »
He and Buju mussi writing sum serious chune innah prison. Buju is in di same jail house.. Buju visa was terminated by Immigration so he cant get bail . Lewis might be on di same situation.

war

Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »
Look like he was trying to sell Pipe to under age girls  ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »

:rotfl:
Oh lawd, all yuh know how to make joke of serious thing eh??   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
Hopefully he has no reason to go 'down south' while in jail....

Which one left kaiso and became a pastor?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:39:14 PM »

:rotfl:
Oh lawd, all yuh know how to make joke of serious thing eh??   ;D

same ting I sayin :rotfl: :rotfl: on a serious note, this sad though....say it ain so Nigel

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »
While he dey, he go have to "Move it to de left and move it to de right".. otherwise wise he go just have to "Follow de leader, leader, leader"
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »
While he dey, he go have to "Move it to de left and move it to de right".. otherwise wise he go just have to "Follow de leader, leader, leader"

stop it nah!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

if wat he do is true, dey shud lose he ass in jail.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 07:31:18 PM »
One of my favourites from Nigel Lewis......and no, I don't hope he has to "Take Dat and Cool it" ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0vmN5EaX4s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-0vmN5EaX4s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
Allyuh not easy on dis board nah :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

I thought it was he but I go investiquire 2mor
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »

I thought it was he but I go investiquire 2mor

I am pretty sure yuh thinking about Christopher "Tambu" Herbert.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »

I believe it was Nigel himself who left Kaiso to become a pastor which is why I'm a bit shocked by the allegations.

But then again maybe he was trying to emulate some of them catholic priests!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 04:59:39 AM »

I believe it was Nigel himself who left Kaiso to become a pastor which is why I'm a bit shocked by the allegations.

But then again maybe he was trying to emulate some of them catholic priests!  :-\

Well he did sing....'follow the leaders'

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 07:48:13 AM »
he wasn't know pastor.he change some of his lyrics to suit the gospel market and opening for top gospel acts like Fred Hammond. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
he wasn't know pastor.he change some of his lyrics to suit the gospel market and opening for top gospel acts like Fred Hammond. 

He was no Pastor but d brudder say he was Born Again

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »
Wonder what's the latest with Nigel?
Is he out yet?! And if not how more time has he got to serve?
We missing his talent on the soca scene!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>