March 28, 2024, 12:44:09 PM

Author Topic: New Adidas 'Smart' Cleats  (Read 3999 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
New Adidas 'Smart' Cleats
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »
Adidas F50 adiZero miCoach

Published: Friday, 30. September, 2011 in category SoccerCleats101 

Adidas unveiled the latest technological advancement in the world of soccer cleats – the addition of miCoach. The new F50 adiZero is powered by miCoach, an innovative new system that will revolutionize how players evaluate their performance.

The boot’s soleplate has been remodeled in such a way that a cavity now exists, which will house a miCoach SPEED_CELL chip. This chip will capture 360° movement and measuring key performance metrics including speed, average speed (recorded every second), maximum speed (recorded every five seconds), number of sprints, distance, distance at high intensity levels, steps and stride rates. Offering the everyday player an opportunity to track their in-game performance is an excellent ploy on Adidas part – it will become the go to product for players that want to monitor their progress.

The boot itself has also undergone some slight modification, the most significant of which is the addition of SprintWeb in the upper, a distinct 3-D textured design that runs across the top of your toes. Its purpose is to improve grip as you dribble. In terms of weight, they have been kept at a superlight 5.8oz (in the synthetic version.) Adidas has also spent time redefining stud configuration, and the result is an outsole that delivers a more stable level of traction.

What about the design? Well, it seems like Adidas might have banked on the bright High Energy/Electricity/White colorway increasing the visual appeal of the release. In my opinion, it really takes away from the boot and will only look good if worn by the Spanish national team or Ronald McDonald! Ultimately, this might be a release where you wait for a future colorway before paying the $200 retail price, although the technology does make these a must-have for any aspiring pro!

Soccer.com Pre-Order

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Adidas 'Smart' Cleats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »
...ah love meh Adidas brand and all eh...but dis is garbage.  Gimme a *World Cup or *Copa Mundial and I good wit dat.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
I'd love to get one to see how the stats are measured on the computer .. I'll def check it out!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:28:46 PM »
Hopefully by next spring they will have different colors.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
Anyone on here ever used this boots with the speed cell?

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »
I've been using it for a few months now, and I'm impressed with the ease of updating the stats. Also gives you a look at the area of the pitch you've covered. I'm probably going to order 2 or 3 next season for my high school team. I have the speed cell for the pc ($63). It's a good investment for a young players development. It helps paint a picture for the player that is hard for a coach to translate to a player. i.e Intensity of movement and tangible data on miles covered during the game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:13 AM »
Nike has something similar for running shoes. I have the shoe but I haven't invested in the tracking device blah blah blah yet ... given my present level of production, I doh need the scientific data to confirm what my experience tells me intuitively. When I ramp things up a bit, I might consider gehhin the data.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »
I know I does run in splurts and I does let d ball do d work.  Ah matter ah fact I eh need to see how much ground I cover or whatever else dey saying dis tugs does do.  I find dis is ah useless invention. 

Maybe it might be useful for scouts who looking for speed men... When dey reach in d trial jes chrow ah pair and say "here! Put on dat dey and gih meh d chip when yuh done" but odder Dan dat, I cyah see dat benefiting me

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
I know I does run in splurts and I does let d ball do d work.  Ah matter ah fact I eh need to see how much ground I cover or whatever else dey saying dis tugs does do.  I find dis is ah useless invention. 

Maybe it might be useful for scouts who looking for speed men... When dey reach in d trial jes chrow ah pair and say "here! Put on dat dey and gih meh d chip when yuh done" but odder Dan dat, I cyah see dat benefiting me

Similar reason why they use heart rate monitor during practice, now they have a tool to track you during games. This can give coaches and trainers insight into how each players function throught out the game. Maybe a player production over a number of games show a higher work rate beteween the 18th minute and the 62nd minute. A trainer or coach can then work to make adjustment to gain more or see what the player limit is and why. This is very useful.

It can also prove if KJ really lazy or not  ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 03:35:01 AM »

Well ask TT to relay to Tim Kee to relay to Anil to relay to ____ that we need a Gold Cup supply fuh the entire travelling party. Give e'erbody a performance benchmark and if dey fail? dey get to explain to A.B. Trini why dey not reppin properly. (Ah feel Shabazz should hold a pair too on de sidelines :) ...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
Nike has something similar for running shoes. I have the shoe but I haven't invested in the tracking device blah blah blah yet ... given my present level of production, I doh need the scientific data to confirm what my experience tells me intuitively. When I ramp things up a bit, I might consider gehhin the data.

Doh waste yuh money... if yuh talking about Nike+.  Doh get mih wrong, is a decent tool, but is essentially no more than a pedometer, which at $25 is not a bad investment.  You then sync it with your iPod/iPhone to track your workouts.  I've had it about 3 1/2 years now and like it, but I believe there's a free, separate Nike running app that does the same for you, but using GPS rather than a pedometer.  There are also other running apps that use GPS to give time, distance and calories burned feedback.  So if is the Nike+ sensor yuh was talking about you don't need it.  From what Fineman saying, sounds like this device gives you the same or maybe just a little bit more data.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
I've been using it for a few months now, and I'm impressed with the ease of updating the stats. Also gives you a look at the area of the pitch you've covered. I'm probably going to order 2 or 3 next season for my high school team. I have the speed cell for the pc ($63). It's a good investment for a young players development. It helps paint a picture for the player that is hard for a coach to translate to a player. i.e Intensity of movement and tangible data on miles covered during the game.
Cool thanks :beermug: I got a pair of these cleats with the speedcell for Christmas but I figured I'll wait until spring/summer to test it when I play with my outdoor team but I might just have to check it out playing indoor this winter to see if it really does all that.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »

Well ask TT to relay to Tim Kee to relay to Anil to relay to ____ that we need a Gold Cup supply fuh the entire travelling party. Give e'erbody a performance benchmark and if dey fail? dey get to explain to A.B. Trini why dey not reppin properly. (Ah feel Shabazz should hold a pair too on de sidelines :) ...
hahaha not a bad idea and as an added bonus it will complement our adidas uniforms

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »

Doh waste yuh money... if yuh talking about Nike+.  Doh get mih wrong, is a decent tool, but is essentially no more than a pedometer, which at $25 is not a bad investment.  You then sync it with your iPod/iPhone to track your workouts.  I've had it about 3 1/2 years now and like it, but I believe there's a free, separate Nike running app that does the same for you, but using GPS rather than a pedometer.  There are also other running apps that use GPS to give time, distance and calories burned feedback.  So if is the Nike+ sensor yuh was talking about you don't need it.  From what Fineman saying, sounds like this device gives you the same or maybe just a little bit more data.

Yep, Nike+

1]; } ?>