April 24, 2024, 11:01:26 PM

Author Topic: Pfister has my full support for the WCQ Campaign, Win/Lose or Draw  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Pfister has my full support for the entire campaign, he is building a team from ground up, learning about his players and seeing which ones fit into his model.

He has had very little matches to evaluate the players but has done a good job so far, despite the loss to Bermuda, which none of us have seen, so I cannot make a fair assessment on that game.

I look forward to seeing Iron Pfister take us through this campaign, especially to the HEX, where we will be going, despite the sour vibes by many on here who are nothing more than arm chair fans not even coaches.

For once I can say, I support stern's stance, they missed opportunities but he is looking ahead to the next set of games and we are not out of this campaign.

3 more games and 3 more wins. I believe we are starting to build some dept on the team and playing better by the game, it is better to lose early on than later, a good wake up call, it will just make the team a lot more hungrier and force players who are on the fringes to make their case or get left behind.

What people fail to realize is that it is better to experiment now with the team because what lies ahead is the real deal, I rather we lose a game here than go to the next round and the coach hasn't seen what players can do and what they can't do and lose in the next round which can put us in a quandary for the HEX. Work the kinks out here and work on our strategy and line-up.

Pfister knows whats hes doing, more than Latas, so I have no worries, a loss to Bermuda is a small thing because we have 3 games to go and the more we play the better the team will become, not to mention the more prepared we will be come the next round.

btw we are making it to the next round and get the remaining 9 points.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:28:21 AM by Controversial »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister has my full support for the WCQ Campaign, Win/Lose or Draw
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:52 AM »
Nice positive attitude Gino!!

ah love it!

This is the kind of support that we need today.  I was hurt after Friday's result, but i spoke to someone who was at the game and i saw highlights and i realised that it was just one of those days.

Remember we drew against Sweden, who were alot better than us, so these results happen in football sometimes.  We are not going thru the best time as a footballing nation, and i see people saying all kinda nonsense.

Imagine people badtalking the man press conference after the game.  What was the man supposed to say?  Steups!!  What kinda miracles people expecting?  We were missing our best players (Kenwyne, Carlos and Chris).

England is a big footballing nation with plenty top class players to call up and look they done starting to panic how Rooney may miss out on some group stages matches.  A player of the calibre and experience of Kenwyne will make a difference in our team whether we want to admit it or not. 

These set ah FANalysts in this place who quick to call players shitty when in essence, these are the best players that we have.  We have to support them and hope that the expertise of the coach, together with the execution from the players and a little bit of luck carries us thru to the next round and beyond!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:25:37 AM »
Oh boy the great guru of football has thrown his support behind Pfister....we can't fail now!!!

::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:41:32 AM »
Well I throwin meh support behind de Guru and in retrospect Iron Pfister. I already like de man style. Namely his substitute policy, his selection policy, His frank talk and obvious knowledge of the game as well a seeming ability to keep his players calm even when hanging on by a string. Our players will always need a nudge to get the best out of them. Dat is de nature of de beast.  Win lose or draw I will have good tings to say bout Pfister at the end of it all.

Go Warriors... all of them!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:20 AM »
I hope the people of trinidad and tobago come out and support the team just like bermuda.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
Oh boy the great guru of football has thrown his support behind Pfister....we can't fail now!!!

::) ::)

I think we should all bow :notworthy: to the guru, take great comfort in his words of wisdom and sing the refrain....

WE GOING BRAZIL!!!
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :whip: :challenge: ::) ::)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:30:59 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
ah have to side wit d guru meh self I feel Pfister is good for this team d TTFF need to get dey head out dey ass and start organizing friendly to truly start turnin dem fellas into ah team ......how dem supposed to know each other if dey not getting to play games regularly....steups
I pity the fool....

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »
I wish him the best but my gut questions Pfister's dedication.  He is a professional and am sure he must believe whether or not he can take this crop to the Hex let alone the WC.

So I offer my full support, as long as a) the team winning or b) showing effort and improvement.

I will not support a losing campaign.
whey boy!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:44 AM »
I wish him the best but my gut questions Pfister's dedication.  He is a professional and am sure he must believe whether or not he can take this crop to the Hex let alone the WC.

So I offer my full support, as long as a) the team winning or b) showing effort and improvement.

Typical Trini!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
Imagine people badtalking the man press conference after the game.  What was the man supposed to say?  Steups!!  What kinda miracles people expecting?  We were missing our best players (Kenwyne, Carlos and Chris).

Come on Andre, you’re prepared to accept the excuse that key players were missing for us losing against Bermuda, BERMUDA!? Please name me the one world beater on the Bermuda’s team that is so much better than any of our players who were on the field?!

Coach Pfister should have just said the fellas played some good possession but did not produce the required end product tonight like Bermuda was able to do and goals win matches and leave it that!
Then maybe offer some words of comfort by saying we'll work on correcting that problem in our remaining games and are confident of gaining 9 more points to win the group!! Words to that effect would have been much better from my viewpoint!!

Anyway let’s hope we can correct the end product / scoring problem we were having against Bermuda against Barbados today!! Would like to see us scoring at least 3 goals without conceding as we are playing against pointless bottom dwellers Barbados at home!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:23:26 AM by Socapro »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
I like Pfister...I like how he makes changes, I like the improvement in the team and I am seeing a plan, purpose and some kinda tactics while the game is going on.

He switches players about during the game while things happening and it is a far cry from any of his predecessors.

It is not his fault the players at his disposal shitty. Even our foreign based ones.

But so it go...this is our team and this is the best we have to offer.

Manage your expectations and you will be alright.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
hey guys i do agree, we just need the fans to come out and support the team. Bermuda fans came out and support. TNT should do the same. let's go warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 09:46:04 AM »
As bad as the campaign has gone so far (low scoring and a loss) I am a Soca Warrior for life.  I support the team and support the efforts of the coach.  I cannot blame the coach when his record is not worse than the four previous coaches.  The players must step up and do or die for their country and for their own pride.  But at the end of the day, if we fail to adequately prepare (no friendlies in 2 years) we prepare to fail. If they don't make it to the Hex, I will be just as critical.  But being critical of the results does not mean I will not support the team whenever they put on the red, white and black.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »
As bad as the campaign has gone so far (low scoring and a loss) I am a Soca Warrior for life.  I support the team and support the efforts of the coach.  I cannot blame the coach when his record is not worse than the four previous coaches.  The players must step up and do or die for their country and for their own pride.  But at the end of the day, if we fail to adequately prepare (no friendlies in 2 years) we prepare to fail. If they don't make it to the Hex, I will be just as critical.  But being critical of the results does not mean I will not support the team whenever they put on the red, white and black.

:beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »

Than you very much.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
Nice positive attitude Gino!!

ah love it!

This is the kind of support that we need today.  I was hurt after Friday's result, but i spoke to someone who was at the game and i saw highlights and i realised that it was just one of those days.

Remember we drew against Sweden, who were alot better than us, so these results happen in football sometimes.  We are not going thru the best time as a footballing nation, and i see people saying all kinda nonsense.

England is a big footballing nation with plenty top class players to call up and look they done starting to panic how Rooney may miss out on some group stages matches.  A player of the calibre and experience of Kenwyne will make a difference in our team whether we want to admit it or not. 

These set ah FANalysts in this place who quick to call players shitty when in essence, these are the best players that we have.  We have to support them and hope that the expertise of the coach, together with the execution from the players and a little bit of luck carries us thru to the next round and beyond!!

ah love it!!

good talk family

thanks to madness i saw the highlights of the game and i will say this, the team is starting to play a very fluent and attractive short passing game under pfister

they are running into space and the passing has improved, not to mention the pace at which they are playing, they are also building the attack from the back and i didn't see the notorious long balls come into the framework. that to me is encouraging signs, i have witnessed the best teams in the world play sublime football and lose, some days it happens that way.

the warriors will bounce back, we will reach he next round despite the negative comments, stern was right, it was a very attractive brand we were playing on the day, we keep that up and we will be on our way to some very promising football with results in our favor :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:13:15 AM by Controversial »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »
i hope in the tt pro league, they will begin to play like this. the pro league should start to adapt this style

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »

Typical Trini!  ::)

How you mean?  Who will support a losing campaign?  I will support my nation but not a losing campaign.  Who paying $ to watch them play nice and lose?  Not me!
I am not tolerating mediocrity against teams like Barbados, Bermuda, Grenada, Guyana or Jamaica.  I could accept losses against Mexico and US but not anyone else.  Say what yuh want, I am not accepting anything less from these guys, they should feel the pressure once they put on that Red White and Black.
whey boy!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »
@ProudTrinbagonian

r u living in a real world, football is changing, if u follow football around the world, the smallest team is playing good football, such as Africa nation cup. Nigeria and South Africa r not Nation Cup, check out the link. http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations_2012/groups

Soccer in a US is getting better bcuz people r supporting it. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
@ProudTrinbagonian

r u living in a real world, football is changing, if u follow football around the world, the smallest team is playing good football, such as Africa nation cup. Nigeria and South Africa r not Nation Cup, check out the link. http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations_2012/groups

Soccer in a US is getting better bcuz people r supporting it. 

I am living in a real world, are you?

Bermuda and Grenada is no African squad...and the teams in CONCACAF are certainly no CAF outside of US & Mexico.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:41:06 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 01:47:31 PM »
i hope in the tt pro league, they will begin to play like this. the pro league should start to adapt this style

To pass the ball around when not being pressured?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

To pass the ball around when not being pressured?

Men getting carried away! When we see our team playing a fast short passing brand against teams like Mexico & Costa Rica and keeping possession with end product (shots on target) to cap it off then we can start celebrating the progress of our team playing a faster pace short passing brand under pressure that we can be proud of! However it’s still a good sign but we need some end product!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 02:49:37 PM »
this is a old game ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUzwn-1Gzs Mexico vs Trinidad and look at d players ok.....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

I am not tolerating mediocrity against teams like Barbados, Bermuda, Grenada, Guyana or Jamaica.  I could accept losses against Mexico and US but not anyone else.  Say what yuh want, I am not accepting anything less from these guys, they should feel the pressure once they put on that Red White and Black.

what is the fundamental difference between ourselves and  B'dos, JA, Grenada or Bermuda? are we imbued with special footballing skills from birth, or are we ordained by the good lord to be vastly superior no matter our preparations?

consider two former U-20 teams whose members are currently taking over the senior side. the 2009 side of leston paul, de silva, molino, akeem adams etc. the other from 2007 with keon daniel, atullah guerra, hyland, lester peltier,javed mohammed and aaron downing, carlyle mitchell,

the 2009 side made 2 world cups. 2007 squad were beaten out of CFU qualifying by St Kitts. but unquestionably most people following local football will tell you that it was the 2007 that had more far more talent. so what happened?

the difference was preparation. the 2007 side only had six weeks to prepare. they only played super league and pro-league sides. at the end they got 2 practice games against venezuela, won their final match but it was not enough.

this side was highly touted, with very high expectations. in spite of not even advancing out of CFU qualifying hyland, peltier and guerra were already scouted by Portsmouth, Aaron Downing was previously gotten trials in Scotland at the age of 17. despite all these accomplishments it was Keon Daniel who was regarded  as the squad's best player. he already had a two week trial with Manchester United while still a teenager in 2005.

their showing was of couse met by fans complaining the players and coach were 'shitongs'. the whole bloody disaster forced the ttff to start forming youth teams earlier, keeping them together longer, allot more training time and arranging more international friendlies. the 2007 U-17 squad were the next in line and they were the first beneficiaries of these reforms.

the results are telling. without proper preparation our arguably brightest, most individually skilled youth team since 1990 was summarily dismissed by the likes of St Kitts. the same keon daniel, peltier and hyland that folks labelling as 'not good'. the far less talented team benefitted from good preparation and went on to become the most successful in our history.

playing for national pride means nothing without preparation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:58:35 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »

what is the fundamental difference between ourselves and  B'dos, JA, Grenada or Bermuda? are we imbued with special footballing skills from birth, or are we ordained by the good lord to be vastly superior no matter our preparations?

consider two former U-20 teams whose members are currently taking over the senior side. the 2009 side of leston paul, de silva, molino, akeem adams etc. the other from 2007 with keon daniel, atullah guerra, hyland, lester peltier,javed mohammed and aaron downing, carlyle mitchell,

the 2009 side made 2 world cups. 2007 squad were beaten out of CFU qualifying by St Kitts. but unquestionably most people following local football will tell you that it was the 2007 that had more far more talent. so what happened?

the difference was preparation. the 2007 side only had six weeks to prepare. they only played super league and pro-league sides. at the end they got 2 practice games against venezuela, won their final match but it was not enough.

this side was highly touted, with very high expectations. in spite of not even advancing out of CFU qualifying hyland, peltier and guerra were already scouted by Portsmouth, Aaron Downing was previously gotten trials in Scotland at the age of 17. despite all these accomplishments it was Keon Daniel who was regarded  as the squad's best player. he already had a two week trial with Manchester United while still a teenager in 2005.

their showing was of couse met by fans complaining the players and coach were 'shitongs'. the whole bloody disaster forced the ttff to start forming youth teams earlier, keeping them together longer, allot more training time and arranging more international friendlies. the 2007 U-17 squad were the next in line and they were the first beneficiaries of these reforms.

the results are telling. without proper preparation our arguably brightest, most individually skilled youth team since 1990 was summarily dismissed by the likes of St Kitts. the same keon daniel, peltier and hyland that folks labelling as 'not good'. the far less talented team benefitted from good preparation and went on to become the most successful in our history.

playing for national pride means nothing without preparation.

ttff and all sport are to blame for that, they fired look loy our technical director and no intl friendlies

all in all, pfister is doing well, from the short glimpse of football i saw in the clip posted by madness, i can say this, with more games under their belt, tt will advance to the hex and will make brazil 2014

todays beating of barbados is a testament that tt are improving and the locals are believing in themselves, not only are we playing an attractive game of football, we are using talented youths, minus the old men dominating the selection, we have stern who is still able but peltier, molino and hector were the difference

pfister knows what he is doing and these games are serving a much needed purpose, prep for the next round, no excuses for ttff and their obvious failure but at least we have this round to prep and try our strategy and team selection

pfister is now beginning to see the talent he has available, what they can and can't do.

boss, we are all aware an ill prepared team is bound to fail, but we have been thrown a lifeline with these wcqs, despite the ttff failure to prep the team
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:20:06 PM by Controversial »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »

Come on Andre, you’re prepared to accept the excuse that key players were missing for us losing against Bermuda, BERMUDA!? Please name me the one world beater on the Bermuda’s team that is so much better than any of our players who were on the field?!

Coach Pfister should have just said the fellas played some good possession but did not produce the required end product tonight like Bermuda was able to do and goals win matches and leave it that!
Then maybe offer some words of comfort by saying we'll work on correcting that problem in our remaining games and are confident of gaining 9 more points to win the group!! Words to that effect would have been much better from my viewpoint!!

Anyway let’s hope we can correct the end product / scoring problem we were having against Bermuda against Barbados today!! Would like to see us scoring at least 3 goals without conceding as we are playing against pointless bottom dwellers Barbados at home!!

There u go not respecting national football teams!! Why do u have to highlight "bermuda"?? The fact that u asking for a world beater tells me that u have it all wrong in terms of understanding TEAM sports.  The great Italy only beat the Farore Islands 1-0 last month.  We have no "God given right" to beat anybody.  We played no friendlies and had no national team for nearly a year, but u expect us to waltz in and beat everybody 10-0. 

With respect to how he spoke in the post match interview, what u talking about is PR, that is what u wanted from Pfister!! The man just stated the facts.  We dont have depth.  No Carlos, no Jones, no Birchall, no Roberts, no Birchall, no Scotland, no Jlloyd, no Wolfe means that we dont have depth to dominate caribbean teams the way we used to.  If u cant read the lines that he is trying to state the obvious, then u living in a dream world.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:54 PM »
His frank talk and obvious knowledge of the game

Yes, I must admit that i didn't know you had three options when you play a football game, namely win, lose or draw Thank God he showed up...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

There u go not respecting national football teams!! Why do u have to highlight "bermuda"?? The fact that u asking for a world beater tells me that u have it all wrong in terms of understanding TEAM sports.  The great Italy only beat the Farore Islands 1-0 last month.  We have no "God given right" to beat anybody.  We played no friendlies and had no national team for nearly a year, but u expect us to waltz in and beat everybody 10-0. 

With respect to how he spoke in the post match interview, what u talking about is PR, that is what u wanted from Pfister!! The man just stated the facts.  We dont have depth.  No Carlos, no Jones, no Birchall, no Roberts, no Birchall, no Scotland, no Jlloyd, no Wolfe means that we dont have depth to dominate caribbean teams the way we used to.  If u cant read the lines that he is trying to state the obvious, then u living in a dream world.

Why do I have to highlight Bermuda?!  ???

Click this link: http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html then click CONCACAF link and see where we are ranked then see where Bermuda is ranked then play dumb and dotish and come back and ask me that foolish question again leh me cuss yuh!! :cursing:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:57:04 PM by Socapro »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
ranking is just a measurement but when teams play football it's a different story. today  Venezuela(Rank 47) 1 0 Argentina(Rank 10)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »

Why do I have to highlight Bermuda?!  ???

Click this link: http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html then click CONCACAF link and see where we are ranked then see where Bermuda is ranked then play dumb and dotish and come back and ask me that foolish question again leh me cuss yuh!! :cursing:

hold on, let me start bubbling that pot of curry crow for you, how do you like it? with slight pepper?

1]; } ?>