April 29, 2024, 04:13:57 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (15-Nov-11).  (Read 16103 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (15-Nov-11).
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »
Bermuda beat Barbados again 2-1 yesterday, they are now second on 10 points.

Offline sealo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »
Lack of responses shows how much people care;the fans have had enough but the oppurtunity to give the U23s a run would have been the best alternative.Lets hope that they can go to the Olympics and take some shame off our face.

I was one who suggested that the U 23s should play tomorrow instead of the senior team but now I have my reservations about that. Nothing the U23s accomplish tomorrow could compensate for the woeful performance of the seniors last week.. even a victory for them wouldn't validate T&T as a footballing "power". As much as I'm in favour of giving the u23s the match practice, I think the burden of trying to "make up" for the senior team's failure will have detrimental effects on them at this stage in their campaign.
Apart from the members on this forum, not many people are aware that our U23 team is engaged in olympic qualifying....they are essentially "flying under the radar" and are ,as such, unencumbered by public expectations. Allowing them to play tomorrow will push them directly into the spotlight and put unnecessary pressure on them at a time when they are just beginning to blossom. They will have their moment on stage...just not tomorrow. Let the U23's be U23's...let the youths do their thing...

The U-23s will just get beat down the same way and then what? Lose faith in another set of players?

Rubbish at some point your national team should mostly comprise of men under 25 no more maybe for some experience and leadership one or two guys late 20's or so and I could show teams like germany,italy,brazil,mexico or even the United States that started national teams with men 19 to 22 we sending ah set ah battle worn warriors with no shield and no desire to fight so the battle was already lost before it begun...

So when according to you would be a good time you see this is the reason we always a step behind excuse after excuse this is getting tiring and maddening..

Let me clarify.......I never said that U23 players should not be part of a senior team....I'm saying that a team designated as our  U23 team should not be playing in place of the senior team...especially at a time when the devastating failure of the senior team places undue pressure on the U23s to perform.
Citing USA , Mexico , Brazil etc etc as examples of teams that have fielded youngsters on their full national teams is unnecessary particularly since T&T also do that....how old was Hyland when he played against England in 2008?? 18,19??....Nothing is wrong with playing youngsters in your senior team alongside more seasoned players.....but fielding a team  comprised solely of unseasoned youngsters as your senior team is counterproductive.

Agreed !!....our team should mosly comprise the younger players...
The logical thing to do would be to drop everyone except the Goalie, the back four, tinto and hector and replace the rest of players with creative midfielders and strikers from the under 20 and under 23 team since they are the ones who would be in their prime in 2015 (and would be physically fit to play against players their same age), when the qualifiers start for the 2018 world cup. If according to the quote below: we have to use the same 20 players (which doesn't add up, since Birchall has been excused) - it's unfortunate, since at this point in time, we are out of the qualifications and we need to build on the future i.e the younger players.....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 10:38:54 AM »
ah feel it go have more guyanese in the stadium than trini.

golden cubs to the slaughter in the next round.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 11:23:47 AM »

We definitely have to win this game today for NATIONAL PRIDE as we can't have Bermuda as well as Guyana finishing above us the Group!!

This game may be relatively meaningless for Guyana but cannot be looked at as meaningless for T&T!!

We NEED that 3 points badly and I EXPECT us to win this game by a handsome margin with no excuses!! 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:27:10 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »

We definitely have to win this game today for NATIONAL PRIDE as we can't have Bermuda as well as Guyana finishing above us the Group!!

This game may be relatively meaningless for Guyana but cannot be looked at as meaningless for T&T!!

We NEED that 3 points badly and I EXPECT us to win this game by a handsome margin with no excuses!! 

oh yeah?!!! lol

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 11:51:29 AM »
Since Jamaica beat T&T August 2010, we have played 6 games in T&T.
We have won all 6, outscoring the opposition 22 - 3.
We have not conceded a goal in 4 games.
The opposition list reads St Vincent, Guyana, Haiti, India, Bermuda and Barbados, but it matters not.
Winning is a mentality that is manifested by habit.

When T&T beat the US in the friendly in 1994 in POS, the same US team ran over Jamaica 3-0 in Kingston a few days later and Trinis didnt pay much mind as we still considered ourselves a class above them then.
Jamaica slowly put their program in order and history records that they did not lose another game in Kingston for almost 7 years and over 50 internationals.

Point is, of course there is something to play for. At lowpoints, you have to create those goals and objectives to keep you going.
The objective of todays game should be silently to embarrass Guyana and send a message to the rest of the Caribbean. Thats how Champions secretly think.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
Since Jamaica beat T&T August 2010, we have played 6 games in T&T.
We have won all 6, outscoring the opposition 22 - 3.
We have not conceded a goal in 4 games.
The opposition list reads St Vincent, Guyana, Haiti, India, Bermuda and Barbados, but it matters not.
Winning is a mentality that is manifested by habit.

When T&T beat the US in the friendly in 1994 in POS, the same US team ran over Jamaica 3-0 in Kingston a few days later and Trinis didnt pay much mind as we still considered ourselves a class above them then.
Jamaica slowly put their program in order and history records that they did not lose another game in Kingston for almost 7 years and over 50 internationals.

Point is, of course there is something to play for. At lowpoints, you have to create those goals and objectives to keep you going.
The objective of todays game should be silently to embarrass Guyana and send a message to the rest of the Caribbean. Thats how Champions secretly think.

like i said from the onset, as long as corneal is in the set up we will be in major problems, beenhakker had corneal under heavy manners, pfister has given him free reign

and worst yet, the players have no heart for national football, like i have also said to many on here, club football is not intl football

i would cut some big names from this team and go with a team with heart and dedication

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
 I lost hope, if we lose it would surprise me one bit. Why we playing again? Who cares if Bermuda finish ahead of us... good for them?

Jus cant wait for Guyana to collect 7/10 goals from Mexico and Costa Rica

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Marvin Phillips, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.Akeem Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt).

Subs: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 10.Hayden Tinto, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel.

Coach: - Otto Pfister (GER).

Guyana: - 22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard, 14.Anthony Benfield, 17.Vurlon Mills, 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters.

Subs: - 1.Ronson Williams, 6.Taylor Benjamin, 9.Alinani Mounter, 11.Colin Nelson, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb.

Coach: - Jamaal Shabazz (TRI).

Venue: - Hasley Crawford Stadium (Trinidad).

Attendance: - 600.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:45:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
Live broadcast on Vibe CT 105 fm on this link: http://www.vibect105.co.tt/Vibe/
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Apparently there's less than 200 T&T supporters in the stadium?!!   ???

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

Dais plenty, I expected just de working personnel
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »

Dais plenty, I expected just de working personnel

No wonder we football is whey it is now!!  :(

Maybe they should have made the game free to at least school children!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:10:55 PM by Socapro »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 03:15:50 PM »

hear nah thats the best time to watch football in the stadium..that way u know any comment u make the players heard it for sure.
Now that i think about it the last time i saw us play guyana in a practice match it had about that many pple
Back in Trini...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »
20 mins.....  :yawning:
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
I'm listening to Vibe CT 105 fm at http://www.vibect105.co.tt/Vibe/ and liming in the Chat Room http://guadeloupe.homedns.org/flashchat.php but no one else is there!!

What sort of supporters is most ah allyuh fellas man?!   >:(

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »
Guyana better have medical staff on standby.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
I'm listening to Vibe CT 105 fm at http://www.vibect105.co.tt/Vibe/ with commentary by Alvin Corneal!!

Also liming in the Chat Room http://guadeloupe.homedns.org/flashchat.php but no one else is there!!

Where are all the real die-hard T&T football supporters?!  :-[

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:33 PM »
Soca pro....do I ave to login with 105 to get some audio

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
Half Time.
T&T 0 vs Guyana 0

Very stale game.

T&T can't bridge 3 passes together.

Jagdeosingh and Peltier lost on the field.

Jones fighting a bit and no service to him.

Seon Power is a wild man playing with no sense, kicking balls out to no one.

Walter Moore have Edwards number and had it since the last game, Edwards needs to come off.

Long balls killing us, I am quite surprise because Otto had the team playing well at one time with some nice short passing, but somethnig has changed since the last game.

Telesford making errant passes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:55:52 PM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
Well we can't blame the coach for style of play either  :thinking:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
Dem boy eh no warriors nah, every thing in T&T gone down, including the quality of life.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
Second half starts....

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Marvin Phillips, 20.Seon Power (Yellow 41), 3.Carlyle Mitchell, 4.Akeem Adams, 6.Osei Telesford, 11.Carlos Edwards, 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 13.Lester Peltier, 15.Hughtun Hector, 16.Kevin Molino, 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt).

Subs: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 5.Julius James, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 10.Hayden Tinto, 14.Stern John, 17.Anthony Wolfe, 18.Andrei Pacheco, 19.Keon Daniel.

Coach: - Otto Pfister (GER).

Guyana: - 22.Richard Reynolds, 2.Jake Newton, 3.Christopher Bourne, 4.Leon Cort, 5.Walter Moore, 7.Dwain Jacobs, 13.Charles Pollard (6.Taylor Benjamin 47th), 14.Anthony Benfield, 17.Vurlon Mills, 19.Travis Grant, 20.Dwight Peters.

Subs: - 1.Ronson Williams, 9.Alinani Mounter, 11.Colin Nelson, 16.Kayode McKinnon, 21.Ricky Shakes, 10.Trayon Bobb.

Coach: - Jamaal Shabazz (TRI).

Venue: - Hasley Crawford Stadium (Trinidad).

Attendance: - 600.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 04:11:15 PM »
Taylor Benjamin on for Charles Pollard

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »
Come on T&T....time for some goals!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
Aparently, T&T is starting to play well, Lester Peltier doing some hard work.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
Steups...we ketchin we arse at home with a full strength T&T side to beat a second string Guyanese team missing 6 starters tru injury.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
Steups...we ketchin we arse at home with a full strength T&T side to beat a second string Guyanese team missing 6 starters tru injury.

Motivation is a hell of a ting...

and imagine we was supposed to be motivated Friday
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 04:21:53 PM »
Jones goal in the 58th, Jagdeosingh with the assist and a good one at that...

1]; } ?>