March 29, 2024, 07:41:28 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).  (Read 115106 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
2 massive games..just what we need

tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »
those 2 wins are in the bag

men with little faith oui :shameonyou:

Why don’t you shut yuh trap for a minute?!
Folks like you were saying the same thing before we faced Bermuda in their yard and look what happened!

Nothing is in the bag!! We have to fight like our lives depend on it for that win against Guyana in their yard on 11th November because i believe they will be fighting for a win like their futute depends on it as well!
All they need is one win in their two remaining games and they are thru to the next round with reward of house and land and T&T football will be practically dead for the next few years with folks like yourself on suicide watch!!

Is fellas like allyuh does give our team goatmouth, seriously!!
Just hope our players doh have your same “game is already in the bag attitude” towards this game otherwise for sure we dogs dead!!
You must show a little respect for your opponents especially when they are in a better position than you are!

positive thinking socapro

i am not a pessimist and refuse to buy into the fear mongering that is being pushed for this wcq

Saying that the games are already in the bag is not positive thinking especially with lack of proper preparation! In fact such a statement borders on naivety and stupidity but then again that seems to be your trademark so what more should we expect from you?!
I will refrain from wasting anymore of my time, continuing talking out of your ass!!  :beermug:

you can't have a decent discussion for once in your life?

i guess that is expecting too much from you as well. once again the pot will be bubbling with some curry crow for you after we win :D

Hey asshole, I want us to win in Guyana just like anyone else here!!  I am not predicting a lost like Just Cool but rather I am guarding against complacency that the game is already in the bag like you are dotishly trying to push! Unfortunately you are way too damn dumb to even work that out but what else can we expect?!
Breddren, nowhere in my post did i predict ah loss! as ah matter of fact i have the same reservations as you, i'm not confident, i'm not optimistic, and i'm not wearing blinkers.

my take is, if bermuda could do it tuh we, then so can guyana, especially wid dem three make shift defenders we have, and a lack of preparation.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »

Folks like you were saying the same thing before we faced Bermuda in their yard and look what happened!

Nothing is in the bag!! We have to fight like our lives depend on it for that win against Guyana in their yard on 11th November because i believe they will be fighting for a win like their futute depends on it as well!
All they need is one win in their two remaining games and they are thru to the next round with reward of house and land and T&T football will be practically dead for the next few years with folks like yourself on suicide watch!!

Just hope our players doh have your same “game is already in the bag attitude” towards this game otherwise for sure we dogs dead!!
You must show a little respect for your opponents especially when they are in a better position than you are!

i am not a pessimist and refuse to buy into the fear mongering that is being pushed for this wcq

Saying that the games are already in the bag is not positive thinking especially with lack of proper preparation! In fact such a statement borders on naivety and stupidity but then again that seems to be your trademark so what more should we expect from you?!
I will refrain from wasting anymore of my time, continuing talking out of your ass!!  :beermug:

i guess that is expecting too much from you as well. once again the pot will be bubbling with some curry crow for you after we win :D
Please save me ah large serving of that crow

Please save me some of that crow, :praying:   bc that would be the one time i wouldn't mind eating crow, especially if iz curry down crow. :worried:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
2 more practice/ fete match for we  before we move on to the nex rounds..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Shabaaz: Pressure on T&T for next Friday’s World Cup qualifier
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/31/shabaaz-pressure-tt-next-friday-s-world-cup-qualifier

Shabaaz: Pressure on T&T for next Friday’s World Cup qualifier
Published: Mon, 2011-10-31 14:27

Trinidadian-born Guyana head coach Jamaal Shabaaz says the pressure is on the Soca Warriors in their upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifier against Guyana at the Providence, Stadium next Friday. The return leg takes place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on November 15. The Caledonia AIA boss said that he relished his current position which is giving him the opportunity to make a statement for Caribbean coaches by taking a country like Guyana into the latter stages of the Concacaf qualifiers and to be able to knock T&T out of the runnings in the process.

“The pressure’s all on them if you ask me,” Shabaaz said. “We’re like Cinderella. She wasn’t scared and she just enjoyed the moment, which is what we’re doing. It’s been fantastic to work with this squad, with my technical staff and the people of Guyana, who’ve treated me like a brother. I won’t let them down, I can assure you.” “I think the big difference this time around is the attitude,” he said, explaining Guyana’s sudden upturn in fortunes. “Unlike last time, the message has really got through. Maybe we don’t have the same talent as the region’s big guns but we’ve worked hard on being organised, professional and disciplined, and that’s what’s brought us these good results.” Having worked hard for an opportunity such as this, the dedicated Shabaaz is not about to let it slip through his fingers.

“I’ve done a hundred FIFA courses, and the things I’ve learned have filled me with the belief that a Caribbean coach can take a team from the region all the way to a major competition,” he explained with conviction in his voice. “Before, the idea was always to get someone in from Europe or South America, but this is my chance now to change all that and open the way for my colleagues.” About the game next Friday where a loss for T&T will put them out of the runnings for 2014 Brazil, Shabaaz added: “It’s going to be a very emotional moment for me, of course it is, but it’s my duty,” he said. “I have a duty not just to myself but to Caribbean coaches in general. I have to put my emotions to one side and do it for the region. If I don’t, then everything FIFA has invested in my training as a coach will go to waste. It’s such an important time.”

The Golden Jaguars also have a significant legion of foreign-based players to draw on, a valuable resource unavailable to them in the past. “We’ve got six lads in England who’ve got Guyanese parents and have decided to support the cause, among them our skipper Chris Nurse,” Shabaaz told fifa.com.
 “We’ve also got Leon Cort, who’s with Charlton Athletic, and a few other footballers playing in the USA’s second tier and in Trinidad and Tobago.” Mention of the country of his birth diverts Shabaaz’s attention back to the crucial November showdown and triggers one final reflection on Guyanese expectations: “Obviously the Trinidadians have got a lot of quality, but what we lack in resources we make up for in discipline.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hyland warms up for Guyana with goal in Genk win
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/31/hyland-warms-guyana-goal-genk-win

Hyland warms up for Guyana with goal in Genk win
Published: Mon, 2011-10-31 14:27

National team midfielder Khaleem Hyland warmed up for next month’s 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Guyana with a 46th minute goal which helped Racing Genk to a dramatic 5-4 victory over Club Brugge in the Belgium Jupiler League on Saturday. Hyland, who has forced his way into the Genk starting team in recent games, scored in the 46th minute to put Genk ahead 2-1 at the time. But Brugge hit back to take a 3-2 lead before further goals by Jelle Vossen  and a double by Kevin De Bruyne in the 77th and 85th minutes sealed the win for Hyland’s team.

“It’s a great victory for us and I was pleased to be on the scoring list for my team today,” Hyland said.
 “Overall the game was a tough one because they came back strongly at us and we had to ensure we go into another gear to finish the match on top.” “There’s a lot of football to come in the coming weeks and I’m definitely looking forward to Trinidad and Tobago’s next two World Cup qualifiers against Guyana. We have the first game away which is a really important one and we need to get a victory there and then go home and seal the top spot,” Hyland added. Kenwyne Jones goes into action on Monday when Stoke City take on Newcastle United.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
Seems like we last hero Peltier was on the bench for his last game,could he be injured,that would be a big loss if he is.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
Seems like we last hero Peltier was on the bench for his last game,could he be injured,that would be a big loss if he is.
doh worry man sey we get stern john ...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
hope peltier is ok. He's having a fine season so far...maybe ajax will come calling @ the end of the season

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
Ah find Shabazz talking like if he reach already inno.  :cursing:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »

it will be great to see when pfister clip he wings :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »

could you please shut up wit d dismissive talk...........we lost away to bermuda with dat very said pfister as coach..........let d ball and feet do d talking nah........jeez
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »

could you please shut up wit d dismissive talk...........we lost away to bermuda with dat very said pfister as coach..........let d ball and feet do d talking nah........jeez

wcq is for supporters with belly to take the ups and downs, take some benadryl if you are feeling ill.

football is psychological warfare, something you wouldn't know about because you use more brawn than brain on a regular basis.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
A win would be the perfect b/day gift for me! Let's show them who is boss!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »

wcq is for supporters with belly to take the ups and downs, take some benadryl if you are feeling ill.

football is psychological warfare, something you wouldn't know about because you use more brawn than brain on a regular basis.

says the shrimp ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
I know we played Guyana at least 4 times in the last 3 years... please list results and teams please...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »
Bi
I know we played Guyana at least 4 times in the last 3 years... please list results and teams please...

According to we website right here last time dey beat we was 1950

2010-11-04    Guyana    Manny Ramjohn Stadium    Marabella, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-1    Digicel Cup
2010-09-26    Guyana    Guyana National Stadium    Providence, Guyana    D    1-1    Friendly
2008-11-09    Guyana    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    D    1-1    Digicel Cup
2008-09-03    Guyana    Hasely Crawford Stadium    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago    W    3-0    Friendly
2008-07-08    Guyana    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-0    Friendly
2008-01-29    Guyana    Ato Boldon Stadium    Couva, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-1    Friendly
2004-03-02    Guyana    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    1-0    Friendly
2000-08-06    Guyana    Mackenzie Sports Club Ground    Linden, Guyana    D    0-0    Friendly
1997-04-02    Guyana    Queens Park Oval    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago    W    3-0    Friendly
1991-05-30    Guyana    National Stadium    Kingston, Jamaica    W    3-1    Caribbean Cup
1988-05-08    Guyana    Skinner Park    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago    W    1-0    World Cup Qualifier
1988-04-17    Guyana    Bourda Cricket Ground    Georgetown, Guyana    W    4-0    World Cup Qualifier
1987-09-13    Guyana    Bourda Cricket Ground    Georgetown, Guyana    W    2-1    Friendly
1959-03-05    Guyana    Skinner Park    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-1    Quadrangular
1950-03-27    Guyana    Unknown    Georgetown, Guyana    L    0-1    Friendly
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »
Them results doh matter when next week come. Is what have you done for we lately.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Them results doh matter when next week come. Is what have you done for we lately.

:beermug:

Men want to keep living in the past! Once upon a time Bermuda had never beaten we as well so let’s not take anything for granted and end up being complacent!!!

That game in Guyana will be our most difficult game of the year so far and ah hope our guys will be ready for war as this is a World Cup qualifier and not a fete match as some men here trying to make out!

I just hope we coach and players will be ready for all out war against Guyana in Guyana as ah win or a draw is the minimum requirement for us, preferably a win but it won't come easy!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:39:40 PM by Socapro »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »

says the shrimp ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

in flies in the corbeaux

or do you prefer blue crab :laugh:

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

so because some people being confident maybe over confident that the team will win is ah bad thing on hear,we should be shakeing in we boots,he will get he wings clip and we will beat Guyana twice :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »

so because some people being confident maybe over confident that the team will win is ah bad thing on hear,we should be shakeing in we boots,he will get he wings clip and we will beat Guyana twice :beermug: :beermug:

It's called being realistic!!
Nothing is guaranteed, especially when you have a mal-functioning federation!!
Can you remember when Jack Warner was assuring us that T&T will qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa?

Lets support the team but not be naive or dotish as nothing is guaranteed!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »

It's called being realistic!!
Nothing is guaranteed, especially when you have a mal-functioning federation!!
Can you remember when Jack Warner was assuring us that T&T will qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa?

Lets support the team but not be naive or dotish as nothing is guaranteed!!

your right about that part in bold

only salvation from god is guaranteed imo being a believer, other people of course will have a different opinion nonetheless

however, it doesn't stop me from being positive and confident in the boys to take us through

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
nothing wrong with confidence, but u dismiss and diss yuh opponents at your own peril.............this is war...and on the day it will surely be about "who wants it more" and a bit of luck...........real desire is ahelluva ting..........we are now starting to show it and Guyana already have it, an dem men ent have nothin to lose, much to gain and d added bonus of room for error,  we have to execute ah plan and focus 100% ...........dis is ah real challenge not no dance

YUH HAVE TO WANT IT AND WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES DIS TIME....leh we celebrate when d field is covered wit d blood of d enemy nah.....all I'm sayin
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
We all know its 2 big matches for TT,as big as any that we have played over the years and the only thing that stands in our way is COMPLANCENCY,no one should doubt that we should always beat Guyana with our best players available,maybe with our bench team I'll give Guyana a slight advantage.Guyana seems to be pannicking by chasing up all the British players they can get,Shabazz thinks a mottley collection of second rate British players may do the trick for him,that formula doesn't work suddenly it takes time so no "quick fix" for them.Without wanting to be arrogant TT will beat them in both matches,to be honest who can really doubt that.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
we run circles around bermuda and conceded 2, Guyana may not be much better dan Bermuda, but we haven't been either in years...... erring on d side of caution is not a bad thing, we have to go for d jugular and keep tings tight at d back all at d same time, ah big ask for any TT team dese days....is not like allyuh ent know dat............, all Guyana really have to do is "not lose" I will be very surprised if shabazz eh try to park d bus
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
we run circles around bermuda and conceded 2, Guyana may not be much better dan Bermuda, but we haven't been either in years...... erring on d side of caution is not a bad thing, we have to go for d jugular and keep tings tight at d back all at d same time, ah big ask for any TT team dese days....is not like allyuh ent know dat............, all Guyana really have to do is "not lose" I will be very surprised if shabazz eh try to park d bus
I think Bermuda is a better team than Guyana and defensively also better that is why we didn't break them down although we ran rings around them,the fact is we didn't put away our chances and we ended up losing.We have to say that we are in a position that tells us clearly what we have to do,we must win one match at least and not lose one.As you you say Guyana could "park the bus" but that is a dangerous ploy even for the best of teams.I genuinely think these 2 matches will be the best we have played so far,we must get after them from the first whistle.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Firstly, in the bermuda game the team was assembled and was able to win the game by one goal. In the 2nd game against bermuda, we didn't have any of our key players on the field and the team have to be reassembled and lost against bermuda. After the game against barbados,  trinidad won by 4 goals, and the Otto(coach) complained about not having the players, and other hiding issues in getting the team together. So, I hope Otto have access to the players and the key players are coming back. We saw the last game and it seems like we coming to come, as far as our chemistry. I hope Otto has a winning formula against Guyana. I wish Trinidad and tobago good luck.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
I think Bermuda is a better team than Guyana

Lets see.... :thinking:

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/Schedule/0,,12813,00.html

WC Qualifying Concacaf 2014 Brazil
2nd Round Schedule & Results - All Times U.S. Eastern

September 2 Trinidad & Tobago 1 - 0 Bermuda

September 6 Guyana 2 - 1 Bermuda

October 7   Bermuda 2 - 1 Trinidad & Tobago

October 11   Bermuda 1 - 1 Guyana

November 11 Dominican Republic 3:00 PM Cayman Islands
                 US Virgin Islands 3:30 PM Curaçao
                 Suriname 5:00 PM El Salvador
                   Belize 5:00 PM St. Vincent / Gr…
                 St. Lucia 6:00 PM Puerto Rico
                   Bermuda 7:00 PM Barbados
                 Antigua & Barbuda 7:00 PM Haiti
                 Guyana 8:00 PM Trinidad & Tobago
                  St. Kitts & Nevis 8:00 PM Canada
                 Nicaragua 9:00 PM Dominica
                 Guatemala 10:00 PM Grenada

November 15   Haiti - Antigua & Barbuda
                 Cayman Islands 8:30 PM Dominican Republic
                     Grenada 3:00 PM Guatemala
                 St. Vincent / Gr… 3:00 PM Belize
                 Barbados 4:00 PM Bermuda
                 Trinidad & Tobago 5:00 PM Guyana
                 Canada 7:00 PM St. Kitts & Nevis
                 Puerto Rico 8:00 PM St. Lucia
                       Curaçao 8:00 PM US Virgin Islands
                 Panama 9:00 PM Dominica
                 El Salvador 9:30 PM Suriname

It doesn't look like Bermuda is better than Guyana to me and on top of that Guyana handled Bermuda better than we did both home and away!!

Maybe ah should just ignore the facts like some some posters here!  :whistling:

Btw, Haiti is in a similar position to us versus Antigua in their last 2 games! They need two wins or they don't progress and underdogs Antigua match on!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:26:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
Socapro;
Bermuda came within minutes of beating Guyana in the second match and in the first match in Guyana Bermuda outplayed Guyana for most of the match,had they taken their chances they would have easily won.I feel that when Bermuda play TT their attitude to the game is different to a game against Guyana,they must believe that Guyana is easier and maybe relax just a bit.Complacency always brings surprising results.

1]; } ?>