March 28, 2024, 07:34:44 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).  (Read 115051 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
Like Father like Son ??.. Me and Small Mag wake up this morning with the same thoughts ....LETS  GO TO GUYANA...

You sure is not Like Son Like Father

Wey sa what part of the fence yuh orn?  :yellowcard:  ;D :devil:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline trini2005

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Time
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:50 AM »
Wha zone time is the game on d 11th vs. Guyana I'm currently in Kuwait?
TRINI 2 D BONE

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Time
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2011, 05:38:19 AM »
8pm TT time, 7pm EST...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini2005

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Time
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
Ight kool thanks mon
TRINI 2 D BONE

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

I haven't spoken to him personally but apparently the stream will be available, though unfortunately for $5 US (in fairness he does deserve to be paid).  I will try to get more info from him.

Ok well pay him in cash and ustream the stream he gave u for free....??

They call us pirates.. mite as well live up to the name.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »
Anyone know if I95.5 bringing this game ?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »

I haven't spoken to him personally but apparently the stream will be available, though unfortunately for $5 US (in fairness he does deserve to be paid).  I will try to get more info from him.

Ok well pay him in cash and ustream the stream he gave u for free....??

They call us pirates.. mite as well live up to the name.
Haha no I won't do that, honestly I'm not even sure I'm going to pay for it, may just watch Antigua vs Haiti for free instead.  Anyway the Pay Per View settings are being finalized, I will post all of the details tomorrow at noon.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
waiting 4 that link ---  Guyana is going down on Friday tnt 3 vs Gt 0

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »
November 11th would be their November 19th.....Guyana is going down!!!!.....

:bringiton:     :challenge:    :duel:  :flamethrower: :flamethrower:  :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
How come guyanese baller eh tune in yet boy?? i would like tuh hear from him and his prospective on the up coming game, how he rate his team and their chances.             guyanese baller fall in nah bro.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2011, 06:02:49 AM »
can anyone please provide some info on Guyana ??..like cheap hotels ??.. near airport and close to the venue Providence ??
what them taxi will cost ??..1,000,000 Guyana dollars ???
match tickets ???...
please....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2011, 06:41:24 AM »
How come guyanese baller eh tune in yet boy?? i would like tuh hear from him and his prospective on the up coming game, how he rate his team and their chances.             guyanese baller fall in nah bro.

Maybe they waiting until they kick we ass before celebrating unlike T&T fans and some forumites we like to count we chickens before they hatch but go ahead with that immature bullshit...

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2011, 06:56:42 AM »
good sports man ship, it's the hype of the game. you must think of winning the game b4 hand. that's what fans all about, counting our chickens b4 it hatch is a normal thing 4 all fans in sports. it's not at trini thing!!!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2011, 07:23:52 AM »
From RedJets site   

Outbound Journey Please select the date you wish to view in detail
Port of Spain, Trinidad

To Georgetown, Guyana Showing cheapest fare available each day

Mon - No seats available
Tue - No seats available
Wed - 9 Nov from 49.99US$
Thu - No seats available
Fri - 11 Nov from 49.99US$
Sat - No seats available
Sun -13 Nov from 39.99US$

Return Journey Please select the date you wish to view in detail

Georgetown, Guyana To Port of Spain, Trinidad Showing cheapest fare available each day

Mon - No seats available
Tue - No seats available
Wed - 9 Nov from 29.99US$
Thu - No seats available
Fri - 11 Nov from 29.99US$

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
‘Golden Jaguars’ TD urges ‘Wear yellow’ initiative as team prepare for national duties
Kaieteur News

Technical Director of the Golden Jaguars, Jamal Shabazz is confident that his men will defeat the Trinidad Soca Warriors when the two teams clash in the first of two encounters at the National Stadium Providence, on Friday November 11.  Mr. Shabazz voiced these sentiments at a press conference convened to brief the media of the team’s progress, yesterday afternoon.

The local ball weavers will continue their quest for world acclaim when they tackle Trinidad and Tobago’s Soca Warriors in the first of two home and away, encounters, anticipated to produce fireworks but more importantly, will advance to the next round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers and a possible chance to compete in the 2014 World Cup slated for Brazil.

Already, the local ball weavers have stood out after registering decisive wins against Barbados and Bermuda in home and away games. However, despite scintillating performances, and despite the fact that they have accrued the most points and are leading in group ‘B,’ the job is not yet finished and the local ball weavers will have their work cut out to advance to the next round when the Trinidadians in what has been established as the most crucial hurdle to cross.

Football administrators are putting the requisite modalities in place to ensure that the Golden Jaguars come out victorious and have agreed that the pivotal component is support. As such, a team of organizers headed by the Kashif and Shanghai duo have devised an appropriate strategy that they feel is the catalyst to the footballers’ success.

Dubbed the ‘Wear Yellow’ initiative, the organizers are imploring Guyanese of all walks life to don yellow jerseys in support of the local team on the day of the match.

Yesterday afternoon, Mr. Shabazz lent his voice to the cause and urged Guyanese to come out in their numbers in support of the locals. He intimated that several additional members were drafted into the 21 member local squad and he is confident that their input would be valuable to the Jaguars’ advancement. Mr. Shabazz feels that the support of every Guyanese is important and he appealed for concerted action towards this end. He endorsed the ‘Wear Yellow’ initiative, while reminding that over 300 Trinidadian supporters have already booked flights and secured hotel accommodation to support their team.

He urged local supporters to come out in their yellow jerseys, drums, flags and other national paraphernalia in support of the Jaguars. Shabazz said he is confident that his boys stand as good a chance of defeating the Trinidadians even though several experienced players engaged in duties in the English Leagues, including Stern John and Kelwyn Jones, are representing Trinidad and Tobago.

He said that seven Guyanese players attached to the English Leagues arrived in Guyana Sunday night last and are ready to exhibit their skills.
Shabazz exuded confidence saying that even though they were not practicing and playing together, he is confident that they will gel into one component on the night of the big match. “This is the start of something special; it will break all political barriers; it’s a deep spiritual connection,” proclaimed the technical director.

A Trinidadian by birth, Shabazz has played an integral role in the development of the local ball weavers. He was quizzed of any pressures associated with his involvement with the Jaguars in view of his nationality. He debunked this theory saying that his ambition is to take a Caribbean team to the World Cup and felt as though he belonged in Guyana.

He said that his ambition was fuelled by an earlier remark made by the president of the Jamaican Football Federation, Horace Burrell, who openly said that Caribbean coaches were incapable of producing a world class Caribbean team to attend the world’s most prestigious football tournament. “I want to show him and other doubters that Caribbean players could be just as productive and could enter the big stage,” proclaimed Shabazz.  He also dubbed the experience a deep spiritual connection.

Meanwhile, President of the GFF (ag), Franklyn Wilson joined in the call for national support for the Golden Jaguars. He implored all Guyanese to come out in their thousands in support of the local ball weavers. He said that more than 300 Trinidadians will comprise a team from that country that will be at the Stadium to support their team. “There must be a crescendo of noise from local supporters that must drown out the supporters’ voice,” he urged.  Also in attendance were captain of the Golden Jaguars, Chris Nurse feels that his men are ready for the match. He does not share the view that their inability to practice will hamper their cohesiveness. His views were substantiated by another player, Walter Moore.

The organizers are indeed grateful for the corporate support received from several companies including   of Humphrey’s Bakery, Bakewell, GT&T, Ansa McAl and the Government of Guyana. Those purchasing T /Shirts will be required to pay $1,500 while the T Shirt and ticket will be sold for $2,000.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
Accomodation in Guyana is difficult, meh bredrin who works in the media was trying to secure accomodation to cover the game.

Guyana basically have only two hotels of any quality and everything booked up.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »
So Harford and dem ain't test the idea of a charter?
Coulda fly in the day of the game and digs out right after, organise a lill lime before the game somewhere and after, etc etc.

If I was based in T&T I woulda seriously consider going as I never been to Guyana.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »
Sorry for the delay

Guyana-Events-Live in collaboration with the Kashief and Shanghai organization is pleased to bring to you the 2014 FIFA World Cup Football; Guyana vs Trinidad & Tobago LIVE from Guyana on November 11th from 8:00 pm (7:00 pm EST).

Details below:
Event:      Guyana vs Trinidad & Tobago (2014 FIFA World Cup) - LIVE

Date:        November 11th, 2011.  8:00 pm (7:00 pm EST)
Click to Register:     http://www.guyana-events-live.com
Donation:                  $5.00 US (PayPal, Debit or Credit Card)

REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT BEGINS ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 8TH @ 5:00 PM

Register early  so as to avoid and resolve technical difficulties, should they arise. Please email  guyanaeventslive@gmail.com for assistance.

Once registered, use your registered USERID & PASSWORD to subscribe to an event.

Content is best viewed using Windows Internet Explorer and Media Player

MAC USERS - Click on link below for assistance with playing Windows Media content on the MAC

http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own notes:
The quality on this site's streams is usually pretty good, either be equivalent to this or, if the national television is there, he will pick up their feed and stream that.  In the past he has not had any commentary and the sound is just crowd noise.  If that quality sample link doesn't work either try refreshing a few times or it is pretty much the same as this video between :56 and 1:34 seconds (though the sound is crowd noise and not that music).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:51:15 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Who are these players and what side they playing for...

He said that seven Guyanese players attached to the English Leagues arrived in Guyana Sunday night last and are ready to exhibit their skills.

We have Ricky Shakes and the two Cort Brothers...who are the other 4?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
Who are these players and what side they playing for...

We have Ricky Shakes and the two Cort Brothers...who are the other 4?

I'm guessing they are the two Newton brothers (Jake & Howard), Alinani Mounter, and Chris Bourne.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »
one fella playing for croydon in the semi-pro leagues. a next one playing in the conference. dunno about the others. i suspect its mostly hype from the GFF
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
Sorry for the delay

Guyana-Events-Live in collaboration with the Kashief and Shanghai organization is pleased to bring to you the 2014 FIFA World Cup Football; Guyana vs Trinidad & Tobago LIVE from Guyana on November 11th from 8:00 pm (7:00 pm EST).

Details below:
Event:      Guyana vs Trinidad & Tobago (2014 FIFA World Cup) - LIVE

Date:        November 11th, 2011.  8:00 pm (7:00 pm EST)
Click to Register:     http://www.guyana-events-live.com.
Donation:                  $5.00 US (PayPal, Debit or Credit Card)

REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT BEGINS ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 8TH @ 5:00 PM

Register early  so as to avoid and resolve technical difficulties, should they arise. Please email  guyanaeventslive@gmail.com for assistance.

Once registered, use your registered USERID & PASSWORD to subscribe to an event.

Content is best viewed using Windows Internet Explorer and Media Player

MAC USERS - Click on link below for assistance with playing Windows Media content on the MAC

http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own notes:
The quality on this site's streams is usually pretty good, either be equivalent to this or, if the national television is there, he will pick up their feed and stream that.  In the past he has not had any commentary and the sound is just crowd noise.  If that quality sample link doesn't work either try refreshing a few times or it is pretty much the same as this video between :56 and 1:34 seconds (though the sound is crowd noise and not that music).

thanks for the link, but the link to subscribe is not working breds :(

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Was a . in there on accident: http://www.guyana-events-live.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »

your link was fine boss, im speaking about the actual link on the website to subscribe, it is loading and not working, tell your friend about it, its sticking

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

your link was fine boss, im speaking about the actual link on the website to subscribe, it is loading and not working, tell your friend about it, its sticking
Its fine for me, maybe your popup blocker is blocking it.  Try right-clicking the image and Open in New Window or New Tab.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »

Guyanese-Baller reading the board and taking-in/passing-on whatever information he can get to help his team to Shabazz but like he too scared to post!!  ::)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:18:26 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »

Its fine for me, maybe your popup blocker is blocking it.  Try right-clicking the image and Open in New Window or New Tab.

will try it and let you know  :beermug:

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
Blessings!

Didn't tune in earlier because I am travelling at the moment. I also don't want to say much now but having seen the last few matches played in Guyana, my only advice to forumites is to forget the past, to say that this is not the same Guyana team that you are accustomed to seeing Trinidad beat time and again. This team has a different swagger about them and the ability to match. Jackie Chan may not start (he did not start him the last match I say at home) but he will definitely have a role to play to open up Trinidad's defence if things are not going well. Its not so much about the players though, its also about the coaching - Jamal shoud be given a national award for what he has been doing. His match coaching is spot on brilliant. His substitute selections from the bench all make an impact every single game which is very very rare at this level so players are happy to come off the bench. His tactics and the way he gets them to play at a certain level and for each other is something that we have not witnessed before his arrival. Most Guyanese footballers cannot believe that he is not the TT national coach. He makes this team play out of their skin. Every player tries to make a big impact and its working. We are doing much better in attack than before. I am talking about players actually playing far better for the national team (even out of position) than they play for their club.

About the match. Well, man for man the TT players may be better and more experienced but I think the movement, pace and rhythmn of the Guyanese players will create some problems for Trinidad because they will not be accustomed to that kind of intensity from Guyana for 90+ minutes. That is what they have been doing best recently - playing their game for 90+ minutes.

I also think that Jamal will out-coach your coach not only because he is motivated to but because he now has the weapons to do so now. Most of the weapons will be 'secret-weapons' to a TT team. He now has lots of pacy players and a team that can counter-attack with real deadly pace and midfielders who can really join the attack score. We have a few players that Trinidad has certainly never seen - a small-sized player in the midfield he can use (not as good as your Latapy but at least its the best closest thing for us) whose name is "Zorro" though he is not the best player. He also has a good strong young 20 yr old defensive midfielder who can genuinely keep the ball and sit in front of the back four if he needs him to. This guy also has excellent distribution like 'Viera' and is just like a bigger version of 'Makalele' ( you know what I mean, our version).  He also has two of the best local based strikers yet to join the team and if they make themselves available he will have many more weapons up front. Most of all I am confident that we have the best goalkeeper we can find at the moment who is excellent in goal and also very good with his feet (this is a goalkeeper who won the most recent half-time at a recent 'juggling'/keep-up competition by juggling more than 1000 and had to be stopped because he was already the clear winner).

I don't expect a 0-0 draw because I think both teams are not very very strong at the back and can do better defensively. Trinidad has good players and the Guyanese players know that but overall I am confident that whatever Trinidad scores, this Guyana team can out-score them. I hope that they will do that on the day.

My advice is that you should go to Guyana for the game. Guyanese are very hospitable to Trinidadians.
There is a lot of accommodation in Guyana (remember we hosted the cricket world cup) -  for a start just go to these sites:

hotels - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=30
guest houses - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=62
resorts - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=35

For those accustomed to travelling, you will also realise that food in Guyana is widely available and ridiculously cheap.

I hope that we have a good ref who lets the game flow. Don't blink. I will speak more after the game.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »
I ent getting a good feeling

This new injection of foreign based Shabazz using...however they never play together before.
Watch the last two Guyanese lineups vs Bdos and Bermuda

Look them fellas bio here...yes they playing for small side, but I feel they go have that English work ethic a la Birchie. We cyar lapse at all with these fellas...Birchie hadda gih dem blade.

Captain Chris Nurse

Leon Cort

Carl Cort

Howard Newton

Jake Newton

Chris Bourne

Ricky Shakes

Jackie Chan aka Richardson

Walter Moore

Shawn Beveney
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:37:38 PM by Touches »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
They have a guy called Shawn Beveney too who has bounced around the English leagues, usually between Tier 6 and 7 like the Newtons

1]; } ?>