April 16, 2024, 02:38:17 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).  (Read 115847 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
Jamal shoud be given a national award for what he has been doing.
Most Guyanese footballers cannot believe that he is not the TT national coach.

1. Guyana can keep Shabazz
2. Jackie Chan and Zorro?? Is this an adventure movie?
3. Seriously I think we need to be weary of Guyana's pace and hustle.

But is still cutarse for dem...  :challenge:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiQd46IyFk4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SiQd46IyFk4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Blessings!

Didn't tune in earlier because I am travelling at the moment. I also don't want to say much now but having seen the last few matches played in Guyana, my only advice to forumites is to forget the past, to say that this is not the same Guyana team that you are accustomed to seeing Trinidad beat time and again. This team has a different swagger about them and the ability to match. Jackie Chan may not start (he did not start him the last match I say at home) but he will definitely have a role to play to open up Trinidad's defence if things are not going well. Its not so much about the players though, its also about the coaching - Jamal shoud be given a national award for what he has been doing. His match coaching is spot on brilliant. His substitute selections from the bench all make an impact every single game which is very very rare at this level so players are happy to come off the bench. His tactics and the way he gets them to play at a certain level and for each other is something that we have not witnessed before his arrival. Most Guyanese footballers cannot believe that he is not the TT national coach. He makes this team play out of their skin. Every player tries to make a big impact and its working. We are doing much better in attack than before. I am talking about players actually playing far better for the national team (even out of position) than they play for their club.

About the match. Well, man for man the TT players may be better and more experienced but I think the movement, pace and rhythmn of the Guyanese players will create some problems for Trinidad because they will not be accustomed to that kind of intensity from Guyana for 90+ minutes. That is what they have been doing best recently - playing their game for 90+ minutes.

I also think that Jamal will out-coach your coach not only because he is motivated to but because he now has the weapons to do so now. Most of the weapons will be 'secret-weapons' to a TT team. He now has lots of pacy players and a team that can counter-attack with real deadly pace and midfielders who can really join the attack score. We have a few players that Trinidad has certainly never seen - a small-sized player in the midfield he can use (not as good as your Latapy but at least its the best closest thing for us) whose name is "Zorro" though he is not the best player. He also has a good strong young 20 yr old defensive midfielder who can genuinely keep the ball and sit in front of the back four if he needs him to. This guy also has excellent distribution like 'Viera' and is just like a bigger version of 'Makalele' ( you know what I mean, our version).  He also has two of the best local based strikers yet to join the team and if they make themselves available he will have many more weapons up front. Most of all I am confident that we have the best goalkeeper we can find at the moment who is excellent in goal and also very good with his feet (this is a goalkeeper who won the most recent half-time at a recent 'juggling'/keep-up competition by juggling more than 1000 and had to be stopped because he was already the clear winner).

I don't expect a 0-0 draw because I think both teams are not very very strong at the back and can do better defensively. Trinidad has good players and the Guyanese players know that but overall I am confident that whatever Trinidad scores, this Guyana team can out-score them. I hope that they will do that on the day.

My advice is that you should go to Guyana for the game. Guyanese are very hospitable to Trinidadians.
There is a lot of accommodation in Guyana (remember we hosted the cricket world cup) -  for a start just go to these sites:

hotels - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=30
guest houses - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=62
resorts - http://guyana-tourism.com/blog/?page_id=35

For those accustomed to travelling, you will also realise that food in Guyana is widely available and ridiculously cheap.

I hope that we have a good ref who lets the game flow. Don't blink. I will speak more after the game.

Respect and blessings!
GB

A man come here and telling us to be worried about Guyana rhythm and tempo? About the Guyana "Vieira" or  Guyana "Makalele"? About a goalkeeper who could raise the ball 1000 times in a half time competition  :rotfl:

And I was just scouting our next group opponents Costa Rica - now when a Costa Rican poster could come on this board and tell me that for 2011 they have played Brazil, Argentina (twice), Nigeria and gearing up for Spain next week, then I will give that man and his team utmost respect.

Guyana, oh please.

This Guyana team is just an artifact of the draw and schedules, if this was a properly set group with all teams playing each other in the first 3 games, the Guyana hype would have been dead long time.

T&T 2-1 on Friday then 3-0 in the return, and right now in these early group stages, we only operating at ~40% efficiency...

I respect the Guyanese poster for his tone and respect for T&T while bigging up his own team (RF could take a page out his book) - very classy, but I am sorry sir, this is not cricket....

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
Quote from: just cool on Yesterday at 06:54:39 PM

How come guyanese baller eh tune in yet boy?? i would like tuh hear from him and his prospective on the up coming game, how he rate his team and their chances.             guyanese baller fall in nah bro.

Maybe they waiting until they kick we ass before celebrating unlike T&T fans and some forumites we like to count we chickens before they hatch but go ahead with that immature bullshit...

Blessings!

I didn't just come, I was asked by the forumite to rate my team and their chances, so I did. Its a forum for comments so I made mine. You made yours. No sweat I can take the criticism, like someone said above its a war but naturally I have to big up my team like you would do yours. Fair play to both of us. Trinidad has done a lot for Guyana's football so we could 'gun talk' now but will still be friends after the games.

If that funny bit is all you can find useful to quote from what I said then fair play to you but I was making the point that the goalkeeper was excellent shotstopper and good with his feet (used to be a forward) and was trying to give descriptions (from int players that would be familiar to everyone) about the style of play of the young mid-field players that TT would never have seen before. They may not play at all but at least you know about them now. We like our funny nicknames in GT.

The rest of it ...well we just have to wait and see and then talk about after the match.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
Good posts Guyanese baller, all the best to your guys and team.  Of course we want to advance, but we respect the climb you all have made within recent time
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Blessings!

Didn't tune in earlier because I am travelling at the moment. I also don't want to say much now but having seen the last few matches played in Guyana, my only advice to forumites is to forget the past, to say that this is not the same Guyana team that you are accustomed to seeing Trinidad beat time and again. This team has a different swagger about them and the ability to match. Jackie Chan may not start (he did not start him the last match I say at home) but he will definitely have a role to play to open up Trinidad's defence if things are not going well. Its not so much about the players though, its also about the coaching - Jamal shoud be given a national award for what he has been doing. His match coaching is spot on brilliant. His substitute selections from the bench all make an impact every single game which is very very rare at this level so players are happy to come off the bench. His tactics and the way he gets them to play at a certain level and for each other is something that we have not witnessed before his arrival. Most Guyanese footballers cannot believe that he is not the TT national coach. He makes this team play out of their skin. Every player tries to make a big impact and its working. We are doing much better in attack than before. I am talking about players actually playing far better for the national team (even out of position) than they play for their club.

About the match. Well, man for man the TT players may be better and more experienced but I think the movement, pace and rhythmn of the Guyanese players will create some problems for Trinidad because they will not be accustomed to that kind of intensity from Guyana for 90+ minutes. That is what they have been doing best recently - playing their game for 90+ minutes.

I also think that Jamal will out-coach your coach not only because he is motivated to but because he now has the weapons to do so now. Most of the weapons will be 'secret-weapons' to a TT team. He now has lots of pacy players and a team that can counter-attack with real deadly pace and midfielders who can really join the attack score. We have a few players that Trinidad has certainly never seen - a small-sized player in the midfield he can use (not as good as your Latapy but at least its the best closest thing for us) whose name is "Zorro" though he is not the best player. He also has a good strong young 20 yr old defensive midfielder who can genuinely keep the ball and sit in front of the back four if he needs him to. This guy also has excellent distribution like 'Viera' and is just like a bigger version of 'Makalele' ( you know what I mean, our version).  He also has two of the best local based strikers yet to join the team and if they make themselves available he will have many more weapons up front. Most of all I am confident that we have the best goalkeeper we can find at the moment who is excellent in goal and also very good with his feet (this is a goalkeeper who won the most recent half-time at a recent 'juggling'/keep-up competition by juggling more than 1000 and had to be stopped because he was already the clear winner).

I don't expect a 0-0 draw because I think both teams are not very very strong at the back and can do better defensively. Trinidad has good players and the Guyanese players know that but overall I am confident that whatever Trinidad scores, this Guyana team can out-score them. I hope that they will do that on the day.

My advice is that you should go to Guyana for the game. Guyanese are very hospitable to Trinidadians.
There is a lot of accommodation in Guyana (remember we hosted the cricket world cup) -  for a start just go to these sites:

For those accustomed to travelling, you will also realise that food in Guyana is widely available and ridiculously cheap.

I hope that we have a good ref who lets the game flow. Don't blink. I will speak more after the game.

Respect and blessings!
GB

A man come here and telling us to be worried about Guyana rhythm and tempo? About the Guyana "Vieira" or  Guyana "Makalele"? About a goalkeeper who could raise the ball 1000 times in a half time competition  :rotfl:

And I was just scouting our next group opponents Costa Rica - now when a Costa Rican poster could come on this board and tell me that for 2011 they have played Brazil, Argentina (twice), Nigeria and gearing up for Spain next week, then I will give that man and his team utmost respect.

Guyana, oh please.

This Guyana team is just an artifact of the draw and schedules, if this was a properly set group with all teams playing each other in the first 3 games, the Guyana hype would have been dead long time.

T&T 2-1 on Friday then 3-0 in the return, and right now in these early group stages, we only operating at ~40% efficiency...

I respect the Guyanese poster for his tone and respect for T&T while bigging up his own team (RF could take a page out his book) - very classy, but I am sorry sir, this is not cricket....

guyana will still get licks  :D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
Big post dey Guyanese Baller, but daiz about as far ah going wid de Kumbaya vibes...

Allyuh getting DUSS OUT these next 2 games here.   :challenge:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
I ain't hearing from Pfister.....He blank the media or what? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
The Mags off on Friday lunch time to Guyana

Lets have it then! Massive game

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2011, 06:16:40 PM »
Big post dey Guyanese Baller, but daiz about as far ah going wid de Kumbaya vibes...

Finally Dinho, we back on the same side of a fence.....only football could do that eh??   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2011, 06:46:17 PM »
War...dem Guianese in Holland eh English speaking.  Dey come from Suriname, otherwise known as Dutch Guiana.  De English Speaking Guyanese pack up like cockroaches in Toronto and to a lesser extent New York.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
Shabby (Hyron Best) could not overthrow we country...so now he trying to overthrow we football. Is real Licks coming to he and Guyana.

antivirus, limewire

pirate bay, limewire

utorrent, limewire

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »

:beermug:

Respeck for the support!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S4xM_M1PPCo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S4xM_M1PPCo</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
Nice video.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors’ fine-tune for Guyana test
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,150254.html

Warriors’ fine-tune for Guyana test
Tuesday, November 8 2011

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago “Soca Warriors” are currently fine-tuning for Friday’s 2014 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Second Round Group “B” clash away to Guyana at the Providence Stadium.

The Otto Pfister-coached “Warriors” are due to hold their last training session this morning, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, before leaving tomorrow for Guyana. As far as the group stage is concerned, after four matches, Guyana lead the four-team group with 10 points, one more than Trinidad and Tobago.

Both teams are due to meet again next Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, but Guyana can finish top of the group if they win on Friday, while a draw, or a TT win, can keep the “Warriors” hopes alive for taking the top spot and advancing to the Third Round.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

Finally Dinho, we back on the same side of a fence.....only football could do that eh??   ;D

Good to know Mags. glad that some forumite/s will be on the wall right there wid de Team.  :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »

I like that :applause: Enjoy and be safe :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2011, 04:40:58 AM »

How come guyanese baller eh tune in yet boy?? i would like tuh hear from him and his prospective on the up coming game, how he rate his team and their chances.             guyanese baller fall in nah bro.

Maybe they waiting until they kick we ass before celebrating unlike T&T fans and some forumites we like to count we chickens before they hatch but go ahead with that immature bullshit...

Blessings!

I didn't just come, I was asked by the forumite to rate my team and their chances, so I did. Its a forum for comments so I made mine. You made yours. No sweat I can take the criticism, like someone said above its a war but naturally I have to big up my team like you would do yours. Fair play to both of us. Trinidad has done a lot for Guyana's football so we could 'gun talk' now but will still be friends after the games.

If that funny bit is all you can find useful to quote from what I said then fair play to you but I was making the point that the goalkeeper was excellent shotstopper and good with his feet (used to be a forward) and was trying to give descriptions (from int players that would be familiar to everyone) about the style of play of the young mid-field players that TT would never have seen before. They may not play at all but at least you know about them now. We like our funny nicknames in GT.

The rest of it ...well we just have to wait and see and then talk about after the match.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Greetings guyanese baller, thanx fuh the update, it was well received. doh mind some of these fellas with they nonsense nah bro, you have ah right tuh big up your team, bc so far they have been phenomenal, and i wont mind losing to guyana, it's about time some other regional teams step and represent the confederation.

tuh tell yuh the truth, it's the first time in WCQ that i'm not so sure if we will make it out the preliminary stage. we'll just have to wait and see, all i could say is "may the better team win".          positive.    :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2011, 05:01:22 AM »
Blessings!

Respect and blessings!
GB

Guyana, oh please.

Is fellas like you and TI we will be most worried bout on friday, bc yuh see if guyana win this game, man like you and controversial go drink fackin gramaxone.

just remember it had men beatin dey chest when we was in the process of playing bermuda in hamilton and they was talkin over confident  and condescending on we opponents.

remember, this is not the same guyana we met in the degicel prelims, also remember jamaica catch hell to beat guyana with their big team, so allyuh stay there wid all dat hype and pump.

i fuh one know dat if this team eh come wid blood in their eyes and fire in their feet guyna go send we packin. just remember grenada, and hope and pray that guyana don't become our new nemesis. is not about who playin weh nah, it's about who want it the most , and who are better prepared.

PS: costa rica is ah sh!t team, this rounds is pure licks they eatin, so i wouldn't rate them so much, teams to watch this rounds would be panama, honduras, jamaica and antigua barbuda, but CR eh saying sh!t right now,

and if we get through to the next round, and providing this coach get some solid practice games under his belt, i could see us elimenating them with ah quickness, even mexico have tuh watch they arse this rounds, bc everyone dun caught up, and the power house image is becoming ah thing of the past
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:11:10 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2011, 06:46:49 AM »

Blessings!

Respect and blessings!
GB

Greetings guyanese baller, thanx fuh the update, it was well received. doh mind some of these fellas with they nonsense nah bro, you have ah right tuh big up your team, bc so far they have been phenomenal, and i wont mind losing to guyana, it's about time some other regional teams step and represent the confederation.
tuh tell yuh the truth, it's the first time in WCQ that i'm not so sure if we will make it out the preliminary stage. we'll just have to wait and see, all i could say is "may the better team win".          positive.    :beermug:

You trying to pull-in ah guyanese thing o wah....wuz all dis about padnah...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »

Blessings!

Respect and blessings!
GB

You trying to pull-in ah guyanese thing o wah....wuz all dis about padnah...

I was with him all the way as well until he said that!
Some men just know how to spoil a good speech yes!!  :-[

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
Good Post from Guyanese baller..........i wish u guys well.

I hope your players can cope with the burden of expectation since its crunch time now and most of the Guyanese players have never been involved in such a high stakes match.

I fully expect us to beat Guyana both home and abroad, as the experience of our players would prove crucial.

Once thing i noticed, Shabazz real talking............Pfister quiet............hmmmmmmmm
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
Good Post from Guyanese baller..........i wish u guys well.

I hope your players can cope with the burden of expectation since its crunch time now and most of the Guyanese players have never been involved in such a high stakes match.

I fully expect us to beat Guyana both home and abroad, as the experience of our players would prove crucial.

Once thing i noticed, Shabazz real talking............Pfister quiet............hmmmmmmmm

Pfister knows what time it is, we cannot afford to lose this game or he is out of a job with his & our World Cup qualification dreams dashed!!  8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:47:13 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »

Blessings!

Respect and blessings!
GB

Bossman there is nothing I could say to you nah, with comments like:
1) U dont mind losing to Guyana
2) Guyana has been phenomenal
3) Costa Rica is a shit side and aint have nutten doing these days.

You leave me and TI and we gramaxone, sometimes I wonder about some of allyuh.

Allyuh is the same men who go in the stadium and when a man boo the opposition allyuh tun up allyuh face or cheer louder for Beckham than the Socawarriors.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HP14W2NzSxU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HP14W2NzSxU</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :yellowcard: :yellowcard:

You got that right
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
If Trinidad and Tobago lose this game ............ we in a real sad state, no disrespect to Guyana. But we real sad if we cant beat Guyana on Friday and again on Tuesday.
I will have to hide my face if that happen. For real this aint cricket!! T&T suppose to be manners that side.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
We are going Jaguar Hunting

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »
 :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :challenge: :duel: :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :bringiton: :bringiton: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

Guyana is going down, down, down.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>