March 28, 2024, 12:14:19 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).  (Read 115020 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
Eh trini, lemme tell yuh something. i livin in the real world, and in this world no one has ah monopoly on success save the diligent. and for the past five yrs T&T football was nothing short of abysmal!

if our federation was doing right by the football we would've never been in this position in the first place. first off, latapy would've never made it pass the hex, and had the federation hired this coach soon after our failure to reach south africa,

then my predictions would be that we would've been higher up in the fifa rankings, we more than likely would've been in the gold cup, we proabaly would've done better than our caribbean counterparts, and instead of cuba, we would've been the ones who would've been sitting this one out with honduras (an easier group if yuh ask me) rather than contending with the guyanas and the bemudas and the barbado's!

as of ah few yrs ago i had the same confidence as you, but grenada taught me a valuable lession. if yuh fail to prepare then prepare to fail, and so far, i did not see any great amount of preparation gone into this round of qualification, only if yuh want tuh consider ah fete match against india any sort of preparation.

i wish us all the best and i keepin my fingers crossed, but i would not be surprised if we don't get the desired results, and tuh tell yuh the truth these old men needs to be taught a lession, it's only my selfish desire that have me hoping for ah good result, but the fact is, we really don't deserve it!

progress comes with ah price, it's called hard work and dedication, and this campaign started off lazy and lethargic with very little hard work and dedication on the path of the federation.

BTW boss, i does mek real noise @ ah football game, and i don't route for no star boy team, seen backham before and i wasn't impressed, remember i live 30 mins from harrison NJ, and 20 mins east rutherford.    all the same,   good luck young warriors, hope allyuh live up tuh allyuh name on friday and twice on tuesday.                                     positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
Guyana, I don't like green and yellow. They don't match. Shabbazz I hear you running off at the mouth and Otto I hear your silence loud and clear. Nothing personal, Shabbazz, come matchday it will be all business.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
Haven't seen this place buzzing like this for a long time  :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2011, 07:56:24 PM »
Guyana, I don't like green and yellow. They don't match. Shabbazz I hear you running off at the mouth and Otto I hear your silence loud and clear. Nothing personal, Shabbazz, come matchday it will be all business.

That's what I keep telling my Jamaican friends!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
Eh trini, lemme tell yuh something. i livin in the real world, and in this world no one has ah monopoly on success save the diligent. and for the past five yrs T&T football was nothing short of abysmal!

if our federation was doing right by the football we would've never been in this position in the first place. first off, latapy would've never made it pass the hex, and had the federation hired this coach soon after our failure to reach south africa,

then my predictions would be that we would've been higher up in the fifa rankings, we more than likely would've been in the gold cup, we proabaly would've done better than our caribbean counterparts, and instead of cuba, we would've been the ones who would've been sitting this one out with honduras (an easier group if yuh ask me) rather than contending with the guyanas and the bemudas and the barbado's!

as of ah few yrs ago i had the same confidence as you, but grenada taught me a valuable lession. if yuh fail to prepare then prepare to fail, and so far, i did not see any great amount of preparation gone into this round of qualification, only if yuh want tuh consider ah fete match against india any sort of preparation.

i wish us all the best and i keepin my fingers crossed, but i would not be surprised if we don't get the desired results, and tuh tell yuh the truth these old men needs to be taught a lession, it's only my selfish desire that have me hoping for ah good result, but the fact is, we really don't deserve it!

progress comes with ah price, it's called hard work and dedication, and this campaign started off lazy and lethargic with very little hard work and dedication on the path of the federation.

BTW boss, i does mek real noise @ ah football game, and i don't route for no star boy team, seen backham before and i wasn't impressed, remember i live 30 mins from harrison NJ, and 20 mins east rutherford.    all the same,   good luck young warriors, hope allyuh live up tuh allyuh name on friday and twice on tuesday.                                     positive.

I hear yuh boss, I just being swayed in the opposite direction of raw patriotism.
I still believe, underprepared or not, Guyana aint ready for us over 2 legs, the only pressure is that we cant afford to lose the first.
That we will win the second is almost a given, as much as givens come in football.

But dont comeand say costa rica is a shit side and hype up guyana in the same breath, just take a look at who costa rica playing friendlies against this year and some of their results. JUST TO KINDLY REMIND YOU, WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN COSTA RICA ONCE AT SENIOR LEVEL, I will be surprised if at all for any other level (the over time golden goal that Trotman score in the gold cup).
Based on our current situation, we will be lucky to finish 3rd in the semi final round, thats my reality.

Guyana will be toast. Have some faith

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:58 PM »
JUST TO KINDLY REMIND YOU, WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN COSTA RICA ONCE AT SENIOR LEVEL, I will be surprised if at all for any other level

Nah twice, Trini. 1971 in TT for the Nations cup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_CONCACAF_Championship

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
‘Warriors’ arrive in Georgetown ready to cage Golden Jaguars
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/11/09/warriors-arrive-georgetown-ready-cage-golden-jaguars

‘Warriors’ arrive in Georgetown ready to cage Golden Jaguars
Published: Wed, 2011-11-09 18:57

T&T senior footballers will have their first feel of the playing surface at the Providence National Stadium this morning ahead of tomorrow’s all important 2014 World Cup Concacaf Group B Second Round qualifier against Guyana from 8 pm. This after the 20-man squad led by captain Kenwyne Jones of England’s Stoke City touched down at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport in Guyana, yesterday morning.

Soca Warriors’ coach Germany’s Otto Pfister later put his charges through a mid-evening training session at the nearby Police Grounds. Looking ahead to tomorrow’s encounter, which the Soca Warriors cannot afford to lose, Slovakia-based striker Lester Peltier, still brimming from his hat-trick in the previous 4-0 win over Barbados, said the host will prove to be a sterner test for the visiting team.

Peltier mesmerised the Guyanese defence in a 1-1 draw in a friendly back in September 2010 as T&T hit the wood-work three times but this time around the “Golden Jaguars” have changed up their ammunition and their attack is being plotted by T&T former women’s coach Jamaal Shabazz. “It’s different times now and the Guyana team has improved since the last time we played them so we have to be well prepared and ready to face a difficult challenge,” Peltier said.

“But I also believe that we have the drive and the belief to come here and do a job. We need a good result and then go back home and finish things off. Obviously they are at home in the first match and they hold that advantage but we’ve played outside before needing a good result and we have accomplished that. “I’d like to see us turn up with one of our better performances and play the football to get a positive finish,” added the AS Trencin player.

Soca Warriors assistant coach Anton Corneal scored a 68th minute goal to lead T&T to a 1-0 victory over Guyana at home while T&T won 4-0 Georgetown the last time the two countries met there in a World Cup qualifier in 1988 on  the 1990 “Road to Italy” campaign.

Corneal believes that every player must be at 100 percent. “We have the potential to come here and get a result but we are also mindful of Guyana’s record and their capabilities. It’s a very big game for them and we need to avoid all forms of complacency. We also need to have every single member of our team to give it their all, give one hundred percent and dig deep when it becomes necessary during the match and that must go from the opening whistle,” Corneal said.

“In the past, we’ve had teams where a lot of people believed in and people also had little faith in. This team has a chance to prove that they must not be written off. “Our anniversary for the 2006 qualification is a few days away (November 16) and we had a team there that was led by a captain (Dwight Yorke) who led his team-mates by example, giving everything and enjoying one of his best spells in a national uniform and he got the rest of the team to give everything, especially when some may have expected them to falter.

“That kind of spirit and drive is what we need again and this match on Friday is the ideal time for us to show exactly the kind of mettle we are made of,” Corneal added.

T&T 20-man squad

Marvin Phillip, Jan-Michael Williams, Carlyle Mitchell, Seon Power , Akeem Adams, Andrei Pacheco, Anthony Wolfe, Julius James, Keon Daniel , Osei Telesford, Hughtun Hector, Hayden Tinto, Khaleem Hyland, Lester Peltier, Carlos Edwards, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Kevin Molino,Chris Birchall , Stern John and Kenwyne Jones.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2011, 06:17:58 AM »
Just Cool- Think about this?The games in this qualifing rounds was a blessing in disguise for this Team. Otto has been able to look at the pool against Barbados and Bermuda. So he has a good idea about what his starting eleven will be at this stage/ When we get out of this rounds, he will be able to look at other players and play some International Teams. We are looking at a work in progress and it looks promising. My only concern is who will partner Julius as Centre back with Mitchell in the mix.

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:42 AM »
Posted by: Small Magician aka Wazza
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »

Insert Quote

The Mags off on Friday lunch time to Guyana

Good. Regardless of the outcome of the match you will definitely enjoy it.

If you could get a wrist band to go into VIP stand do it, usually good view, free food and drinks. Otherwise, if you want the real thing like I usually do probably the best seating is on the right side of the red stand or left side/centre of the green stand. From there you will get easy access to food and drinks and the very best 'ol talk happens right there. Lots of food and drinks under those two stands.   Avoid the very top of the red stand unless you also want to get a natural 'high' the air up there has its own special qualities because thats where all the dreads hang out, untouched by the 'po po'. Avoid the pink stand unless they have something special going on there.

Don't sit too low down in any of the stands or the sponsor flags will block the view. Everyone is usually nice and helpful. No fuss no fighting.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »

Lots of tension and nerves on the forum these days. I wonder why?

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
Just Cool- Think about this?The games in this qualifing rounds was a blessing in disguise for this Team. Otto has been able to look at the pool against Barbados and Bermuda. So he has a good idea about what his starting eleven will be at this stage/ When we get out of this rounds, he will be able to look at other players and play some International Teams. We are looking at a work in progress and it looks promising. My only concern is who will partner Julius as Centre back with Mitchell in the mix.

Yeah, I would agree with this (well once we get past this group stage) as well. I don't think we would have used all the FIFA match dates had we not have had competitive games to play.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
TTFF f--k up. Plain and simple. We should not be in this situation. like Cool and others say, if you don't prepare to succeed, then that is preparation for failure. When we get pass this rounds, Kudos should be given to the PLAYERS(first and foremost) because they would have done it. Then Otto and his assistants(yes, I know allyuh want to pong me).  Kudos Also to the die hard fans and the handful of true media people who try to give fotball its due in TT. And last but not least, THE WARRIORS on the forum.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »
TNT 3 VS GT 0 ON FRIDAY!!!!! ANY BETS!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »
TNT 3 VS GT 0 ON FRIDAY!!!!! ANY BETS!!!

it is possible with ah clinical and ruthless display ah football from d fellas............if we go out wit murder on we mind we will get d result......if we however go out there wit d mentality dat Guyana should lie dong an jus dead......we will get ah rude awakening..........I feel though dat d team dat score first will dictate d pace   
I pity the fool....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2011, 10:00:26 AM »
The Warriors putting the Jaguars in the cage tomorrow and destroying them next week.

:challenge: :bringiton: :challenge: :whip:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »

Respect and blessings!
GB

Yow, yuh eh know Controversial have family who in de world's Top 5 taxidermists ... Ah go leave it to him to tell yuh he have stuffed jaguar in he den from long time. Chat bout ... not to mention dey kill dat barehanded. Golden Jags on de endangered species list when dem man on de hunt.

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
Barehanded? Be careful. Jaguars and leopards are all from a very powerful species of animals.

Recently read a not so funny story about one that mauled 11 players people http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/07/photos-leopard-mauls-six-people/#name%20here

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
i hope they show d game on tv, this delay shit trinidad on...... but it should b a very good and exciting game......

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
First the Jamaicans now.. Guyanasse... wtf -.-

But this fella not disrespectful like dem Jakans... But in any case.. does any trini go on their boards and post up we banner and shit hosS? really?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:26:05 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »

does any trini go on their boards and post up we banner and shit hosS? really?

:beermug:
believe me, not all but there are multiple Guyanese will love you up to your face then :cursing: TnT behind your back...

go TnT
whey boy!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »
The Warriors putting the Jaguars in the cage tomorrow and destroying them next week.

:challenge: :bringiton: :challenge: :whip:

Tmr we will show Shabazz how to relly overthrow sumpting...de GFF!

3-1 TT :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »
« Reply #228 on: Today at 12:23:00 PM »

But this fella not disrespectful like dem Jakans... But in any case.. does any trini go on their boards and post up we banner and shit hosS? really?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:26:05 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Nah, thats not a banner. Its just a slightly more menacing version of my own avatar.

I thought that some friendly banter could liven up the board a bit before a ball is kicked in anger tomorrow and to show that the jaguar is on the prowl.

I also thought you could handle a lil heat but now looks like the tension and the Trini 'red mist' really rising brother....and maybe thats good ... cause its about passion thats the way it should be.

Respect and blessings!
GB

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »
For anyone who has signed up to watch the game tomorrow on PPV, any issues so far?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
For anyone who has signed up to watch the game tomorrow on PPV, any issues so far?

the admin sent me a link to subscribe but it still doesn't work >:(

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »

Really? why are you so scared of the banter thrown out by your football opponents? Maybe you should grow a pair and go out to your opponents message boards and throw some banter around too. football is a global sport fella, get with the times.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »
I respect the Guyanese poster for his tone and respect for T&T while bigging up his own team (RF could take a page out his book) - very classy, but I am sorry sir, this is not cricket....

He heh. Jamaica are number 1 team in Caribbean for roughly 15 years now...Jamaicans never ever feel the need to "suck up" to any caribbean team when it comes to sports. Respect is earned. Good luck to both teams, may the best team on the day win, and see one of you in the next round.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:04:27 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
So where can I watch this game tomorrow? I'm willing to throw down US$10 to see it online...please provide a link. My Reggaeboyz are idle this FIFA date because FIFA shackled up Captain Burrell with a 3 month ban, so the boyz get a day off. Might as well watch this game to pass the time.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »

Respect and blessings!
GB

Yow, yuh eh know Controversial have family who in de world's Top 5 taxidermists ... Ah go leave it to him to tell yuh he have stuffed jaguar in he den from long time. Chat bout ... not to mention dey kill dat barehanded. Golden Jags on de endangered species list when dem man on de hunt.
GT hype,we bin there and done that and let we see how you handle the preasure come friday,ah hope zorro bring he cape mask and sward

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
So where can I watch this game tomorrow? I'm willing to throw down US$10 to see it online...please provide a link. My Reggaeboyz are idle this FIFA date because FIFA shackled up Captain Burrell with a 3 month ban, so the boyz get a day off. Might as well watch this game to pass the time.
I respect the Guyanese poster for his tone and respect for T&T while bigging up his own team (RF could take a page out his book) - very classy, but I am sorry sir, this is not cricket....

He heh. Jamaica are number 1 team in Caribbean for roughly 15 years now...Jamaicans never ever feel the need to "suck up" to any caribbean team when it comes to sports. Respect is earned. Good luck to both teams, may the best team on the day win, and see one of you in the next round.

Borse iz not ah matter of sucking up nah. It's the perception that many Jamaicans act like no Caribbean team has ever played good football before Jamaica came on the scene. That sometime rankles a bit, especially considering T&T's long and proud footballing history before Jamaica began to achieve some semblance of consistent results, which I definitely respect your country for.

Sometimes however, it seems as if the respect (that which you describe as "sucking up") is not mutual. Remember every dog has it's day eh pardnah.

Be careful that the passive-aggressive gloating and triumphalism does not come back to haunt you.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »

the admin sent me a link to subscribe but it still doesn't work >:(
What doesn't work?  Were you able to create an account?  Did you pay yet?  Or is it just the actual stream that isn't working right now?

1]; } ?>