March 28, 2024, 05:17:39 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).  (Read 115042 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (11-Nov-11).
« Reply #720 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
I wonder who Pfister will blame now?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »

The players?!  :yellowcard:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 11, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
I fed up and disgusted.

Disgusted at:
TnT's performance; that they lost against Guyana; and moreso that people here congratulating Guyana, saying best of luck and well done....same passion as the footballers

Dey just kick us out the WC...I embarassed
blame administrators and federation all you want; Guyana should not be able to beat TnT on any day.  Look at the team we field!  Not the best but damn good and much better than them.

...We have 7 years, catch that, 7 years! till next world cup we MAY be in.

Did you watch the game?

If you did you should have had a reality check and realised that Guyana DESERVED the win!!

We were lucky to not have lost that game by 4 - 1 rather than 2 - 1 to Guyana was it not for some great goal keeping by Phillips!

Congrats to Guyana they were the better team, played with more heart and deserved the win!

In sports it is the mature thing to do to congratulate an opponent who was clearly better than you and deserved the victory as Guyana was! They simply wanted it more than us and showed it on the field!

In fact you are the disgusting and immature one if you can't bring yourself to congratulate an opponent who was clearly better than you!

Why you so quick to congratulate?
Let the players congratulate them, we are fans.  You weren't on the field padnah and neither was I.  Screw dem.  Is vex ah vex. No nonchalant attitude from my side.
Yeah they wanted it more, but who is to blame?  I will not congratulate a team that is not better than us.  TnT is not worse than Guyana.  Just the attitude....

whey boy!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 11, 2011, 11:12:43 PM »

Birchy in particular looked a shadow of himself.  Keon stroll whole game.  Nobody save perhaps Hyland was willing to "get stuck in".

Only dem fellas alone could answer why yes.

Yuh watch Keon Daniel playing for Philadelphia Union and yuh watch Keon Daniel playing for T&T and is 2 completely different players....especially from an attitude standpoint.

KJ is captain and he eh knock down nobody in anger de entire game. 

Hyland, Molino, Phillips, and Julius James to some extent fight de game.  De ress was jes passengers.  Baffling in a must not lose game

so is it them? did all our players get lazy? is pfister a poor coach? has representing T&T become diminished in value? has something been lost? or is guyana just THAT good?

personally, unless he going through an illness or there is serious behind the scenes problems going on i never want keon daniel to stain a T&T uniform again

my hypothesis: at this level football is as much an exertion of the mind as it is the body. if you are not 100% committed to the cause it won't matter if you are the top scorer at Manu or Real or a labourer at joe public. at this point in time i think that as much as they want to put a good foot forward, none of the players embroiled in the TTFF blacklist have ever recovered from that 100%.

look at all the players that you said were fighting the game. phillips, hyland, molino, james. to me adams and hector fight up a lil bit too. but birchall, stern, jones, edwards, the players we needed the most all failed. miserably. coincidence?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »
I fed up and disgusted.

Disgusted at:
TnT's performance; that they lost against Guyana; and moreso that people here congratulating Guyana, saying best of luck and well done....same passion as the footballers

blame administrators and federation all you want; Guyana should not be able to beat TnT on any day.  Look at the team we field!  Not the best but damn good and much better than them.

Did you watch the game?

If you did you should have had a reality check and realised that Guyana DESERVED the win!!

We were lucky to not have lost that game by 4 - 1 rather than 2 - 1 to Guyana was it not for some great goal keeping by Phillips!

Congrats to Guyana they were the better team, played with more heart and deserved the win!

In sports it is the mature thing to do to congratulate an opponent who was clearly better than you and deserved the victory as Guyana was! They simply wanted it more than us and showed it on the field!

In fact you are the disgusting and immature one if you can't bring yourself to congratulate an opponent who was clearly better than you!

Let the players congratulate them, we are fans.  You weren't on the field padnah and neither was I.  Screw dem.  Is vex ah vex. No nonchalant attitude from my side.
Yeah they wanted it more, but who is to blame?  I will not congratulate a team that is not better than us.  TnT is not worse than Guyana.  Just the attitude....

That is the problem right there, men here like you still living in the past or should that be boys!

You could vex all you want, I will continue to say congrats to Guyana because they were the better team!
If we were the better team but were unlucky to lose then I would have held back my congrats but I have to face reality like a man and tell them congrats!!

Guess we have a lot of boys posting here on the forum who want others to join them in their immaturity! Vex all yuh want brother but Guyana was the better team!!
I saw the game and won’t deny what I saw with my own two eyes!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:21:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #725 on: November 11, 2011, 11:25:02 PM »
I fed up and disgusted.

Disgusted at:

Did you watch the game?

That is the problem right there, men here like you still living in the past or should that be boys!

You could vex all you want, I will continue to say congrats to Guyana because they were the better team!
If we were the better team but were unlucky to lose then I would have held back my congrats but I have to face reality like a man and tell them congrats!!

Guess we have a lot of boys posting here on the forum who want others to join them in their immaturity! Vex all yuh want brother but Guyana was the better team!!
I saw the game and won’t deny what I saw with my own two eyes!!

This is one time i agree wid yuh dey pro,you could not have said it any better
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
Why allyuh surprised?? isn't this almost the same identical team that lose to grenada and cuba with the exception of KJ Birchall hlyland and carlos.?

as palos said, these guys have no heart, as ah matter of fact this new generation of trinis not only are they chicken hearted, they are unpatriotic. ah know this sounds mean , but i can't call these cowards warriors anymore, they are just like shabbaz, mercenaries!

i know ppl tired of hearing me big up this player, but the last of the warriors is darrly roberts, and i'm pretty sure if he was healthy enough to play he would've made ah huge difference.

latas and yorke were the last of the true warriors! man like elcock, shancho, lewis, mason, dwarika, stern in his younger days, rojas, eve, these guys took some licks, but they fought tooth and nail like true warriors.

last but not least, this federation had no interest in football over the past five yrs! their only interest was too raid the treasury! they didin't care that we loss out on two gold cups in ah row, and it took the 10 month before they could play another friendly despite having ah new coach in the fold for six months without ah game!

talking bout lack of funds, the only thing these old fellas was lacking is pride, their whole aim for the past five yrs was to beat the system, and guess what, trinis would not dare make ah move on this federation, that's bc they don't care enough and are too coward to make ah stand.

in all honesty, i real hurt, but another part of me is rejoicing that guyana buss they arse for their lack of respect for the beautiful game.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 12, 2011, 01:34:10 AM »
well effin yes... this is exactly the kind of shit I cannot support. Well done Guyana.. Eff you TTFF.

I have to agree with some of the posters however, that this one is on the players.. BUT, BUT, BUT!!!!!!.. IT is a direct reflection on the leadership. Its only so much times a Leader (s) can make all kinda excuses. As professionals, if you not getting the job done, you gotta go..Players AND administration alike..

plain talk

Glory Glory
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
this federation had no interest in football over the past five yrs! their only interest was too raid the treasury! they didin't care that we loss out on two gold cups in ah row, and it took the 10 month before they could play another friendly despite having ah new coach in the fold for six months without ah game!

fail to prepare, prepare to fail!!!!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 12, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
As hard as this may be for forumites to read, it is better that they lost now. Sometimes, you really have to hit rock bottom before you start recovering and T&T football has been in freefall for a while now, 2006 WC being a joyful interlude. I remember when we used to rule Caribbean football; Now we cyah even make the final of the Digicel Cup.

We really have to go back to the grassroots and get some sort of structure going.

I know that most likely I will not be able to run the hundred meters in 13 flat anymore by time T&T football rights itself, but I know we can come back. I am willing to be in it for the long haul.

How long we at "rock bottom"... That was achieved some time now..... The same administration at the helm.. and for this reason, nothing will change.

Like an Occupy TTFF movement really in order
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 12, 2011, 02:14:57 AM »
What below rock bottom? 11/11/11 will forever be a day of infamy fuh T&T Football. Gold Cup Low...Grenada is we fadda. WCQ Low...Bermuda beat we.  And we thought dat Phoenix go rise from de ashes?  Is Corbeaux show up instead at our wake...Guyana is now de boss of we.  All dis on a day dat is supposed to be fuh us to reminisce over de bravery of men to keep dis world free against tyranny. Time to bun dat ugly kit once and for all.  I still have questions about selection that go never get answered.  Sentimentally, I was hoping to see Kelvin Jack, Cornell Glen, Jlloyd Samuel and Collin Samuel back in de squad.  I eh go lie, dis come like cufew times 10 in terms of a kill joy kinda thing.  Is tabanca fuh days now. To add real salt in meh wounds, some Guyanese padnahs done start texting meh real picong via meh WhatsApp.  Is not like somebody go pinch we and wake we up from dis nightmare. We football flat lining...no pulse at de moment. De idea dat we could call back de so called big guns and have dem jes flick ah switch and play good football is a failed theory. Kenwyn and Carlos might be abroad but dem cyah even qualify as a poor man's version of Latapy and Yorke.  With Stern John getting long in de tooth, is time to find ah next bound to score.  Right now we jes disgusting. We is boo.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 12, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
Anyone who is surprised by this result, knows nothing about football. Warriors has played crap since 2006. The preparation, organisation and motivation of the team is useless. And if you all think this is bad, wait until Antigua and St. Kitts start cutting we arse. If we continue to organise football in the way we do, it will happen!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 12, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »
Looking to get a Golden Jaguar jersey real soon!

Socapro...you eh find dat going too far?  As a man who into we music and culture, ah find dat hard to believe. Soldier, yuh is one of dem peeps overseas who proudly carries about yuh self as a Trinbagonian Ambassador. Yuh waving we flag in fete, on de radio and on de road fuh Carnival. And now yuh want to put on yellow jersey?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 12, 2011, 04:54:10 AM »
We in TT cannot recognise a good player when we see them,I saw Ricky Shakes for 10 minutes play for TT and once for Brentford,I wondered why we didn't keep him.He is British and his football culture would be better than most of TTs starboys.I think it just had to happen and more than half expected him to come back to haunt us.Guyana didn't put us out,Ricky Shakes did his crucial one against Bermuda did the trick,last night was the "icing on the cake".
All those people who set TTs football on a downward spiral should now get together  and try to fix it,quite a few names come to mind but they are happy in their cosy little world and hard workers are hard to find in this day and age,everybody want plenty money but dont want hard work.
OUR MINNOW STATUS HAS JUST BEGUN.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 12, 2011, 06:06:43 AM »
I am in shock i cannot believe we lost this game. 
When yuh sours yuh sours.

Let me see what them so called pros will do now,, they done.

Pister gone for sure and the TTFF have no money.

Football is truely dead in Trinidad and Tobago.

We cannot even look forward to digicel cup or  gold cup cause we not even making those competitions.

Shocked!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 12, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
Look on the bright side- We have the under 23"s to start the way forward.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 12, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »

Socapro...you eh find dat going too far?  As a man who into we music and culture, ah find dat hard to believe. Soldier, yuh is one of dem peeps overseas who proudly carries about yuh self as a Trinbagonian Ambassador. Yuh waving we flag in fete, on de radio and on de road fuh Carnival. And now yuh want to put on yellow jersey?

No I don't!! Plus ah think yuh need to stop minding my business and trying to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do!

So what if I want to get a Golden Jaguar jersey?!!

If Guyana by some miracle makes it into the Hex and then by another qualify for their 1st ever World Cup with a Trini coach at the helm I will buy and wear a Golden Jaguar jersey in support for sure!

Why? Because plenty Guyanese as well as other islands was wearing we warriors jersey and supporting we in Germany plus many of them does support me week in week out at many of my functions and events and does put good money in my pocket, not just the Trinis!

Still got all my Soca Warriors jerseys and will continue to wear them when the occasion is right or when I am in the mood to get some stick!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:13:52 AM by Socapro »

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 12, 2011, 07:25:58 AM »

No I don't!! Plus ah think yuh need to stop minding my business and trying to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do!

So what if I want to get a Golden Jaguar jersey?!!

If Guyana by some miracle makes it into the Hex and then by another qualify for their 1st ever World Cup with a Trini coach at the helm I will buy and wear a Golden Jaguar jersey in support for sure!

Why? Because plenty Guyanese as well as other islands was wearing we warriors jersey and supporting we in Germany plus many of them does support me week in week out at many of my functions and events and does put good money in my pocket, not just the Trinis!

Still got all my Soca Warriors jerseys and will continue to wear them when the occasion is right or when I am in the mood to get some stick!

I don't look good in green or yellow... so no thanks.

But I will begrudgingly cheer them on.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 12, 2011, 08:07:15 AM »
Agreed Socapro with the need for maturity. The thing I cannot bear is if other Caribbean team fans brand us being arrogant, narcissistic fans, who cannot acknowledge other teams' great performances.

The fact is that our midfield failed last night and Guyana schooled us in the art of defending. As Palos said, yuh doh let ah man tee off (as was the case with Guyana's first goal), without at least challenging the shot. Defending has been the bane of T&T football for years. That is the first thing that we need to work on as we try to get back to a level of footballing respectability.

The other thing is to get rid of the long ball mentality. I am not saying get rid of the long ball altogether, but to try constructing more attacks through short passing.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »

How you could say is pfister fault star....

It isnt his fault at all, ITS THE PLAYERS FAULT! Every single one ah dem...Yes pfister is de coach, buh he never was mix up in any ah de TTFF nonsense. De man came here to do ah wuk, and thats what he did. Its not his fault our ballers was lacing testicles.

To me, de only man that relly step up last night was jones...

This is f**king dperesssing...hopefully up from here!

The TTFF has to be disbandled.....idk how, but i sure it hadda ha fellas in here that coould get sumting going....you have all of our support! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 12, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »
This is not sinking in
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 12, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
MEXICO AND THE USA WILL ALWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BE AHEAD OF US! WHILST WE STRUGGLING TO BEAT GUYANA, MEXICO AND THE USA CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN THEIR INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE AND GAIN EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-mexico-serbia

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
i eh know bout allyuh, but i still goin brazil.

in my young life, this team has given too much grief and heartache. i not goin an allow dis defeat to get to me at all.

2018 for it
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #743 on: November 12, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

That is the first thing that we need to work on as we try to get back to a level of footballing respectability.

And that eh happening no time soon
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 12, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
No I don't!! Plus ah think yuh need to stop minding my business and trying to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do!  Socapro.

You hadda be a real arse yuh know. Is who post on dis forum on de world wide web fuh all to see dat you going and buy a Jaguar Jersey but is I dat minding yuh bizness.  Fuh once ah send yuh ah serious reply and is de usual dotishness yuh does reply with. 

So who post what in red above? Yuh eh see you is ah cunoomoonoo dat want everybody to know yuh bizness.  How yuh coming out a dis one now Mr Self Righteous who always Wrong and Strong? Steups.  Later...Soca Problem or Soca Crapaud or whaever yuh does call yuhself these days in dem Guyanese Fete. Mr Counterfeit, go and play Militant and Eddie Grant all night long and see how many chune yuh come up with.  You is ah next Counterfeit Trini like Shakes and Shabazz. Go on...go and buy yuh yellow Mamaguy Jersey and get some Jaguar Print G-String while yuh at it. Yuh might jes get lucky in Berbice when yuh bend down to tie yuh shoe. Ah wonder how many hardcore Soca Warrior Forumites go join you and do dem kinda wagonist thing and spend dey hard core $$$ on a Jaguar Jersey.  To even think dem kinda thing when de wounds so fresh, is jes mind boggling. No wonder yuh like dat blasted monkey suit picture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:42:26 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 12, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
 WE ALL GOT WHAT WE DESERVED... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 12, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »
We in TT cannot recognise a good player when we see them,I saw Ricky Shakes for 10 minutes play for TT and once for Brentford,I wondered why we didn't keep him.He is British and his football culture would be better than most of TTs starboys.I think it just had to happen and more than half expected him to come back to haunt us.Guyana didn't put us out,Ricky Shakes did his crucial one against Bermuda did the trick,last night was the "icing on the cake".
All those people who set TTs football on a downward spiral should now get together  and try to fix it,quite a few names come to mind but they are happy in their cosy little world and hard workers are hard to find in this day and age,everybody want plenty money but dont want hard work.
OUR MINNOW STATUS HAS JUST BEGUN.
Excuse me sir, but we have better strikers than ricky shakes! it's not our players who let us down nor the coach, but rather circumstances. if yuh don't believe me then look @ france , argentina, and brazil, they are all did bad @ one point and they have the best players money could buy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 12, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
        :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beermug:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 12, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

Truer words have never been typed.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 12, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago got what it deserved! I don't blame Guyana ! They see opportunities to grow and they took advantage! At one time half of North East Stars players were Guyanese and coached by Gally including Charles Pollard the current captain of the team and then when Shabazz  took the coach of Guyana wok he took over most of them! So you see where we are  and where they are?, we look for it! But say what Guyana and Antigua and Barbuda in let us give them our support for as far as they can go!

1]; } ?>