April 19, 2024, 09:27:20 PM

Author Topic: So After De Bermuda Fiasco  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
So After De Bermuda Fiasco
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »
Ah was liming wid one of our U23 coaches an he say he surprised people eh bawlin fuh blood after dat loss, like dey would have if Latapy was coach.  He also mentioned attire (Fister wearin cut up/ converted jeans shorts and T-shirts normal) and smoking on the bench as things Lataz and other local coaches would be chided for that Fister and other foreigners seem to get away with.  So my question is, is he right?  Do we allow foreign coaches far more leeway than our locals?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So After De Bermuda Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
I think it is ok to give them far more leeway since they command (and get) far more respect from adminstration and players... Unless there is 100% buy in of a coach, we eh reaching no where...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
This is a results oriented business. Pfister/Latas coulda been smoking weed, drinking johnny bare back on de beach all day and nobody woulda say squat if dey was winning.
"Just Win Baby" RIP Al Davis.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
I disagree...who cares what the coach wearing on the sidelines? And to my recollection Latas was well dressed on the sidelines but could not get the team to produce. We have to stop looking at foreign coaches as the enemy and start acknowleging that these are people we can learn from. I personally could care less if u wear a pum pum shorts and wife beaters on the sidelines as long as the team performing.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
tell that U23 coach study himself and his duties as U23 coach and not worry with a man that has seen World Cups and been through it all

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
Men don't care as long as the team beating up on cones and knocking attractive brand against nobody men happy. Pfister is the worst dress coach I ever see. He even beat back Shabazz. The man sit down on ah cooler telling the players to play faster. Say what we winning and he is ah quality coach and he have passion and advocating for players rights.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
I disagree...who cares what the coach wearing on the sidelines? And to my recollection Latas was well dressed on the sidelines but could not get the team to produce. We have to stop looking at foreign coaches as the enemy and start acknowleging that these are people we can learn from. I personally could care less if u wear a pum pum shorts and wife beaters on the sidelines as long as the team performing.

Lataz hands were tied where certain selections were concerned though, so how much production could he have really gotten without being able to pick the players he truly required/ desired?  Apart from that why not have standards across the board instead of selectively.

BTW the comment wasnt in the context of foreign being the enemy but more so why are they held to what might appear to be a lower standard of conduct.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »
It is about expectations and values. Some will call the jacket and tie colonial and setting a fine example - a la Bertille some will say in this hot climate how stupid. To each his own" a prophet has no honour in his country. Having said that most of our local coaches believe they can do the job better than the foreigner.
 The old debate- Foreign vs local. At the end of the day it is about results.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
tell that U23 coach study himself and his duties as U23 coach and not worry with a man that has seen World Cups and been through it all

By this logic then all you should have comment on is your U13 teams right?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
When I watch South American coaches in TV I see many of them smoking on the sidelines and they're coaching big clubs. The thing is each coach has their own style and it's up to the federation or club to accept them for that. When Pfister was interviewed he wasn't dressed formally in fact he had on a jacket and jeans so we knew that's how he carries about himself and I personally don't have a problem with that. As long as he's getting the team to be competitve with continuous improvement and win matches, he can wear what he wants. If he decide tuh grow ah ras, well good for him.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »

Lataz hands were tied where certain selections were concerned though, so how much production could he have really gotten without being able to pick the players he truly required/ desired?  Apart from that why not have standards across the board instead of selectively.

BTW the comment wasnt in the context of foreign being the enemy but more so why are they held to what might appear to be a lower standard of conduct.
I understand your point about the blacklist, but just as some would say that the foreign coaches get away with certain things, i get the impression that on the flip side of it, the local football fraternity also scrutinize them more than they would a local coach and are quicker to criticize. I remember when Latas was coaching the local "heads" were saying give him time, this that and the other but in the commentary for Pfister 3rd game in charge I heard those same men calling for his head.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
Ah was liming wid one of our U23 coaches an he say he surprised people eh bawlin fuh blood after dat loss, like dey would have if Latapy was coach.  He also mentioned attire (Fister wearin cut up/ converted jeans shorts and T-shirts normal) and smoking on the bench as things Lataz and other local coaches would be chided for that Fister and other foreigners seem to get away with.  So my question is, is he right?  Do we allow foreign coaches far more leeway than our locals?

Tell that U23 (i sure is angus eve) to shut up!!

Every coach has his style of coaching, and coaching attire, e.g. Martin O'Neil, Owen Coyle, David Moyes, etc. 

What do we complain about next??????????????????
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:45:24 AM »

Tell that U23 (i sure is angus eve) to shut up!!

Every coach has his style of coaching, and coaching attire, e.g. Martin O'Neil, Owen Coyle, David Moyes, etc. 

What do we complain about next??????????????????

Why you callin de man name (and in fact it wasnt him) when I eh say was he?  Curb yuh enthusiasm hoss.  Allyuh like to get on like people cah have ah comment oui.  So because is ah coach he cah say nutten aought?  Wey de f**k allyuh does come out in troot?  Allyuh rell good oui

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »
We have absolutely no standard, no wonder the players can go shopping before a game. SMDH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »
What may work for Peter may not work for Paul!!! De bottom line is dat we want positive RESULTS!!!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »
What may work for Peter may not work for Paul!!! De bottom line is dat we want positive RESULTS!!!!

So no matter what the foreign coaches do as long as the results are there daz all dat matters?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
we do allow foreign coaches more leeway. because with a few exceptions, foreign coaches consistently distinguish themselves above local coaches. fevrier, fenwick, beenhakker, pellerud and now pfister. plenty decent local coaches around but how often are they given chances over the chosen few

tell the u-23 coach its not pfister and the fans he should be directing his frustration at. we have a common enemy. the same one who has not bothered to pay the u-23 coaching staff for umpteen months now.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:54:13 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
we do allow foreign coaches more leeway. because with a few exceptions, foreign coaches consistently distinguish themselves above local coaches. fevrier, fenwick, beenhakker, pellerud and now pfister. plenty decent local coaches around but how often are they given chances over the chosen few

tell the u-23 coach its not pfister and the fans he should be directing his frustration at. we have a common enemy. the same one who has not bothered to pay the u-23 coaching staff for umpteen months now.

Hoss it was ah simple convo and that comment was made it eh ha nutten to do with no frustrations. I eh understand how people could read so much outta my iitial post nah.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
can anyone say insecure

how can he compare pfister with latas is beyond me, bottom line is just plain jealousy and insecurity

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »
Bermuda Result - first shocking result I believe under coach Pilsner. Latas produce nuff tata results while he was in charge. Dont forget it had men from the start on this forum was calling for the man head even before we kick a ball.

Attire - IMO, a coach should be properly well dressed as he is in the public spotlight. But that is a man personal business at the end, if he want to dress like Pilsner or bang out a different D&G suit every week like Pep. I cantreally recall a local coach dressing down and getting stick for it in the recent past. Latas, BSC, Fervier, Najaar, Corneal all used to dress decent enough on their own. That U-23 coach just stating his personal opinion cause Pilsner does dress like a limer

Smoking - LOL, steups, when a local coach ever get lambast for smoking on the sidelines?? Steups. Even Latas didnt smoke on the sidelines, but that was his own choice, he never do it and get any flack.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »
can anyone say insecure

how can he compare pfister with latas is beyond me, bottom line is just plain jealousy and insecurity

hoss wah shit yuh talkin dan? :rotfl:  Up to now I eh give no info other than the statement, nobody eh kno de context of the comment nutten buh now is jealousy?  Allyuh makin me wonder about allyuh intelligence on here oui.

Trini when he mention de callin fuh coach head ting I had to tell him bout Andre Baptiste and Vidalle an dem callin fuh de man head from since de fus Bermuda game.  And yuh right he was statin he personal opinion buh it was ah light convo really not what it seem some imagining it to be like some major gripe and expression of frustration.  In fact to sho yuh how de man wasn even studyin football is I ha to remind him dat we had play Bermuda de day before which cause we to look up de result online

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
I think he's making a good point... Not sure if every foreign coach gets more leeway, but I think we are quicker to trust a coach from a developed (footballing wise) nation, and as a result are probably inclined to be less distracted by things such as attire....and also more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt after a bad result such as the Bermuda one....I think it's a trust issue, and it's understandable on some levels.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »

Hoss it was ah simple convo and that comment was made it eh ha nutten to do with no frustrations. I eh understand how people could read so much outta my iitial post nah.

tell me, what exactly am i reading into here, and if so what's wrong with subtext? i wasn't privy to your convo and whether it was simple or not and you asked for people's opinions not so? you said a u-23 coach was making negative observations about pfister. i suggested he reflect and study his paycheck before loose talk about a man who just do a great service for footballers in this country. simple

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
Pfister play who? Bermuda, f@#king India and what Barbados? The man eh even reach the level Latapy coach this team at yet - for the dopeys here, ah talking about games vs Costa Rica, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, USA.

So get of that :bs: with Latas. Let's wait and see how he do against teams that have people who can play faster than walking pace.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

tell me, what exactly am i reading into here, and if so what's wrong with subtext? i wasn't privy to your convo and whether it was simple or not and you asked for people's opinions not so? you said a u-23 coach was making negative observations about pfister. i suggested he reflect and study his paycheck before loose talk about a man who just do a great service for footballers in this country. simple

Incorrect!  He made observations that he believes our locals would be scrutinized for.  There is no connotation whatsoever in my statement.  I didnt ask for opinions or conjecture about the coach tho did I?  Apart from that what does having a casual conversation have to do with his job?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
I think he's making a good point... Not sure if every foreign coach gets more leeway, but I think we are quicker to trust a coach from a developed (footballing wise) nation, and as a result are probably inclined to be less distracted by things such as attire....and also more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt after a bad result such as the Bermuda one....I think it's a trust issue, and it's understandable on some levels.   

It may vary according to circumstance. You are right about trust, but I think locals often recieve the benefit of the doubt over foreigners, especially at junior and the league levels. We have a history of kicking out foreign coaches in the pro-league very fast if they don't perform. Petrotrin hired a Brazilian coach a few years back then got rid of him before he had a chance to sneeze. I believe Joe Public once fired a Bajan coach after 2-3 games. We may expect more from outsiders from pedigreree nations, but we appear willing to let locals wade a lot longer in a sh*t puddle of their own making. Pancho rapidly went from hero to goat but endless men were making the case for giving Latas a 'bly' long after he failed.

In other words we may expect more from foreigners but we loose patience with them a lot faster, IMO

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »

It may vary according to circumstance. You are right about trust, but I think locals often recieve the benefit of the doubt over foreigners, especially at junior and the league levels. We have a history of kicking out foreign coaches in the pro-league very fast if they don't perform. Petrotrin hired a Brazilian coach a few years back then got rid of him before he had a chance to sneeze. I believe Joe Public once fired a Bajan coach after 2-3 games. We may expect more from outsiders from pedigreree nations, but we appear willing to let locals wade a lot longer in a sh*t puddle of their own making. Pancho rapidly went from hero to goat but endless men were making the case for giving Latas a 'bly' long after he failed.

In other words we may expect more from foreigners but we loose patience with them a lot faster, IMO

Like yuh fuhget is dat same imps Brazilian who try to change Trent Noel whole game up at 32 years old the year afer he win POTY to boot?  Besides that club and national have virtually zero to do with eachother it would seem in TnT

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »

Incorrect!  He made observations that he believes our locals would be scrutinized for.  There is no connotation whatsoever in my statement.  I didnt ask for opinions or conjecture about the coach tho did I?  Apart from that what does having a casual conversation have to do with his job?

You throw out casual questions that you say were based on a simple conversation, without giving any guideline for responses. Now instead of arguing for or against your very own questionyou want throw in interjection, subjection, connotation, sublimation...:rotfl: its a message board dey Perry Mason (TM Bakes  ;D) not the POS hall of justice

My answer is the same. We give them more leeway. And so far they richly deserve it

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »

Like yuh fuhget is dat same imps Brazilian who try to change Trent Noel whole game up at 32 years old the year afer he win POTY to boot?  Besides that club and national have virtually zero to do with eachother it would seem in TnT

Was there not also a bajan/guyanese coach who get blank from rangers even before he coach a single game ?  Was a big big player rebellion before they even kick a ball

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
Well our stand is.. we need results at the moment. We needed a solid coach with ideas, strategies and experience.

I do beleive the climate and the quality of matches dictates the attire of any coach, however, smoking on the sidelines I have to point out is not good for football. I am a smoker but I know alot of younger lads look up to me so thus I don't smoke around them. Same should apply to any individual especially a head coach because children are watching. What if we make it to Brazil, Otto will be a hero and alot of young people will want to be like him.

1]; } ?>