April 25, 2024, 06:13:51 AM

Author Topic: Ataulla Guerra Thread.  (Read 55211 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ataullah "Bow" Guerra.
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »

This meme is both pointless and stupid.  If ah man want to bow while wearing he club uniform then that is on he and the club.  If Maradona, long after he retired and clearly in his private capacity want kiss ah next man hand then that is his prerogative.  Neither of those situations compares to what Guerra did.

You know, Tullah's story is the kind of story that films and documentary's are made about.

To break away from his family background, to overcome the family murders, to play overseas and make the national team and then to grace the same field as the greatest footballer in the world is some achievement. His story is the kind of story we should be proud of and tell those young boys who feel that they can't break the cycle of gangs, drugs and violence.

Guerra is living proof that dreams can come true. Maybe he was star struck, maybe he was overcome with emotion, maybe he was thinking of his lost relatives. Who cares? He did nothing wrong aside from expressing himself.

You're right, neither of those situations above compares to what Guerra did. Not even close. I just feel people should cut him some slack, instead of ridiculing one of T&T's feel good story's.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2014, 05:41:27 AM »
So, a Government that considers sisters and mistresses to be appropriate taxpayer-funded travel companions decided that the Warriors should do without two important staff members for two days while president Anthony Carmona and wife, Brian Lara, the Siparia Rhythm Section and dozens of even less relevant persons boarded.

The Ministry of Tourism would have had to either get Maurice and Isaac on board or put Carmona in goal to demonstrate his powers against Messi.

SWF, ah think yuh off base with the comments regarding President Carmona. As a matter of fact, I find them distasteful. NT personnel didn't make the flight? Yes! However, there should be NO association with that fact and the President of the Republic's seating or presence on the plane.

Second, I find the conflation between "mistresses" and "wife" to be poorly conceived. 

The thrust of the article would have survived the omission of this nexus.

(By the way, if BL paid his way, why should he come off de plane? If he was there in an ambassadorial capacity, why should he come off de plane? I find his mention also tenuous. Regardless of how BL went, it's a reach).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2014, 05:51:02 AM »
You mean all those players to ever encounter messi after all these years and only one player actually bow to him? ...

Iz not like he gehhin to see him on a regular during La Liga fixtures. Part of this moment was the fact that it likely was a singular moment. Jah forbid, but if something happen to Messi tomorrow ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2014, 06:06:07 AM »

You know, Tullah's story is the kind of story that films and documentary's are made about.

To break away from his family background, to overcome the family murders, to play overseas and make the national team and then to grace the same field as the greatest footballer in the world is some achievement. His story is the kind of story we should be proud of and tell those young boys who feel that they can't break the cycle of gangs, drugs and violence.

Guerra is living proof that dreams can come true. Maybe he was star struck, maybe he was overcome with emotion, maybe he was thinking of his lost relatives. Who cares? He did nothing wrong aside from expressing himself.

You're right, neither of those situations above compares to what Guerra did. Not even close. I just feel people should cut him some slack, instead of ridiculing one of T&T's feel good story's.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

(although, ah not endorsing the bolded ... yet). Talk to me on July 13.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:08:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2014, 08:08:26 AM »
I (IMO) saw nothing wrong with Guerra did...

Trinis doh be happy unless they unhappy. They must have something to gripe about.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »

Trinis doh be happy unless they unhappy. They must have something to gripe about.

Perfectly said

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »

I didn't realize that,maybe I've been away too long,anyway that is a characteristic of the English...we inherited it from them. ;D

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »
^^^f**king embarrassing.

Yuh such a hard-ass - you not have people you admire? You meat Dalglish, Ian Rush, and Paisley fresh from the grave and you ain't bowing?

I not bowing to no-f**king-body, that is shit.  Worse yet, he not on he own time... he representing the country.  f**k dat.

I agree...you are representing the nation. Bow to him after the match or on your own time. Dont make us look like some amateur, low-level program.
Hart for president

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
hear nah, none of allyuh who condemning my stance on this issue could really talk about guerra, even FS because the only other poster who knew about him and his talent was big mag, other than myself, from hearing about him from family to hardest..

so when people talk about guerra they talking after the fact... before was a set of fight down and keeping him off the team and most was condemning him...

if anyone supports guerra is myself and a few others 200% to do well.. do i support him bowing to another player, hell no... as a youth from my family's area in pos, the area many wish would just disappear, he has come too far to bow to anyone... he needs to prove to the world how good he really is and earn respect from the greats because he too can be there...

mentally and psychologically he needs to be prepared for world football and matches like these... everyone is entitled to an opinion... this is my opinion and i don't give a damn about johnny come lately that think i wrong...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:52:23 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »

so i guess we can expect to see you bowing to patos sometime soon then :D :D :D or even better rowley  :D

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »
I don't think the bowing itself was bad. I think that the timing of the gesture was inappropriate. If after the game he wanted to stoop and kiss his feet then I don't care but before the game he shouldn't even be in that groupie mindset. I think some of us lack a basic level of sophistication when dealing with situations. That's the same lack of sophistication that resulted in everyone rushing for a seat on the flight whilst leaving two members of the football staff stranded. He didn't just bowed, he also clapped, cheered and "thumbs up" on the other players coming after Messi. He looked seriously overwhelmed by the occasion.

Anyone talking about where Guerra come from etc. His story is not that different from the countless other sportsmen who cam from humble and rough backgrounds. 

All this is just talk. Next time we playing USA, a player should bow to Michael Bradley or something so. Let's hear what people have to say again.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:11:43 AM by congo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »

so i guess we can expect to see you bowing to patos sometime soon then :D :D :D or even better rowley  :D

Right after u bow 2 Kamla so your move.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »
 wonder if somebody had done that to Yorke or Latas (doh them was not in d class of Messi) would be our take on d situation?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »
I wonder why no one has ever done that to Yorke or Latapy... ;) ;)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
I don't think the bowing itself was bad. I think that the timing of the gesture was inappropriate. If after the game he wanted to stoop and kiss his feet then I don't care but before the game he shouldn't even be in that groupie mindset. I think some of us lack a basic level of sophistication when dealing with situations. That's the same lack of sophistication that resulted in everyone rushing for a seat on the flight whilst leaving two members of the football staff stranded. He didn't just bowed, he also clapped, cheered and "thumbs up" on the other players coming after Messi. He looked seriously overwhelmed by the occasion.

Anyone talking about where Guerra come from etc. His story is not that different from the countless other sportsmen who cam from humble and rough backgrounds. 

All this is just talk. Next time we playing USA, a player should bow to Michael Bradley or something so. Let's hear what people have to say again.
Congo, I think you made your point but since it was a friendly and Ataullah Guerra said he heard some of the negative feedback but has no regrets then I think it is time to move on.

If anyone is to condemn Ataullah Guerra for bowing its his coach and the team management but since we don't hear any condemnation from them towards the player then I believe you are blowing this out of proportion.

If the game was not a friendly then I think the bow of respect to Messi before the game by Guerra would have been inappropriate.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:26:48 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »
I wonder why no one has ever done that to Yorke or Latapy... ;) ;)
And how do you know that no one has ever done that to Yorke or Latapy?!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 11:31:45 AM »

Do you see anyone condemning the youth for what he did?  Does "cut[ting] him some slack" mean that people can't express disagreement with what he did?  I am yet to see anyone making this personal about Ataullah Guerra, most of the debate has been philosophical in nature... i.e. "I don't have a problem with it and this is why" and "I disagree with it and this is why".  No offense to Ataullah Guerra but I don't need to consider his journey and his family background and all of that in order to express an opinion on the propriety of his actions.  Had he shaken hands, bowed ,swapped shirts,  all of that after the game then that would have been another matter.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »
What if we are playing England in a friendly at Wembley and in meeting the English Fa officials one of our players were to bow to Prince William? What if Prince William is that player's idol? Would we have the same reaction?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »

Do you see anyone condemning the youth for what he did?  Does "cut[ting] him some slack" mean that people can't express disagreement with what he did?  I am yet to see anyone making this personal about Ataullah Guerra, most of the debate has been philosophical in nature... i.e. "I don't have a problem with it and this is why" and "I disagree with it and this is why".  No offense to Ataullah Guerra but I don't need to consider his journey and his family background and all of that in order to express an opinion on the propriety of his actions.  Had he shaken hands, bowed ,swapped shirts,  all of that after the game then that would have been another matter.

I feel that "I don't have a problem with it and this is why" and "I disagree with it and this is why" are very appropriate responses, while "I not bowing to no-f**king-body, that is shit.  Worse yet, he not on he own time... he representing the country.  f**k dat." is  less helpful.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

if i was hindu you might have a case... unless part of my ethnicity qualifies me automatically in your books? :D
but of course you would never admit that as your target, would you?  ;)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »

im happy you can pinpoint the hypocrisy  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
I feel that "I don't have a problem with it and this is why" and "I disagree with it and this is why" are very appropriate responses, while "I not bowing to no-f**king-body, that is shit.  Worse yet, he not on he own time... he representing the country.  f**k dat." is  less helpful.

It is "less helpful" because you insist on viewing it out of context... look at the post that I was responding to.  The "f**k dat" has more to do with me personally bowing to some Liverpool legend because that asshat Tireasis feels that throwing club loyalty into the mix would somehow change my opinion.  My comments about him being on his own time stands... that is not personal condemnation of the player, whether you feel it's "helpful" or not.  Whatever genuflecting he wants to do on his own time then let him do that.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »
I don't think the bowing itself was bad. I think that the timing of the gesture was inappropriate.

This I can accept

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
Much ado bout lil bit.....if so much.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
I wonder why no one has ever done that to Yorke or Latapy... 

wonder if somebody had done that to Yorke or Latas (doh them was not in d class of Messi) would be our take on d situation?

well I see this with my own 2 eyes ...of course they did not bow...but TnT play Dominicain Republin in a WCQ in the Oval...we score 8...and as that final whistle blew..bout 8 DR men rush latas and Yorke and start hugging them and grabing them and make some bech men take real pics...full hero worship...i was in the stands saying..wow you just get 8...but also saying..at least some people know genius...a bit different but similar...and hear a sceret..DR football getting better and better...we have much more football problems to worry about...nodody "develop" Guerra...he could play...lets worry about the young ones to "develop"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »

It is "less helpful" because you insist on viewing it out of context... look at the post that I was responding to.  The "f**k dat" has more to do with me personally bowing to some Liverpool legend because that asshat Tireasis feels that throwing club loyalty into the mix would somehow change my opinion.  My comments about him being on his own time stands... that is not personal condemnation of the player, whether you feel it's "helpful" or not.  Whatever genuflecting he wants to do on his own time then let him do that.

Bakes you're real miserable aren't ya? How was that not an acceptable question - I was questioning your perspective, and you replied, end of. Everything with you is some massive ego-trip.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2014, 02:19:16 PM »
...well I see this with my own 2 eyes ...of course they did not bow...but TnT play Dominicain Republin in a WCQ in the Oval...we score 8...and as that final whistle blew..bout 8 DR men rush latas and Yorke and start hugging them and grabing them and make some bech men take real pics...full hero worship...i was in the stands saying..wow you just get 8...but also saying..at least some people know genius...a bit different but similar...and hear a sceret..DR football getting better and better...we have much more football problems to worry about...nodody "develop" Guerra...he could play...lets worry about the young ones to "develop"

Which is perfectly fine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
a player should bow to Michael Bradley or something so

Michael Bradley? he is a very good player, but .........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

if i was hindu you might have a case... unless part of my ethnicity qualifies me automatically in your books? :D
but of course you would never admit that as your target, would you?  ;)

You continue to show you are this site BACKSIDE. So continue 2 play yuh role.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
I wonder why no one has ever done that to Yorke or Latapy... 

well I see this with my own 2 eyes ...of course they did not bow...but TnT play Dominicain Republin in a WCQ in the Oval...we score 8...and as that final whistle blew..bout 8 DR men rush latas and Yorke and start hugging them and grabing them and make some bech men take real pics...full hero worship...i was in the stands saying..wow you just get 8...but also saying..at least some people know genius...a bit different but similar...and hear a sceret..DR football getting better and better...we have much more football problems to worry about...nodody "develop" Guerra...he could play...lets worry about the young ones to "develop"

After yuh get real licks in a WCQ it ok to hero worship not not b4 a friendly. THAT MAKE PLENTY SENSE

1]; } ?>