April 24, 2024, 05:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Ataulla Guerra Thread.  (Read 55200 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ataullah "Bow" Guerra.
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
Lawd, de man eh bow down and crying and kissing foot. He humourously acknowledge a man who is/will be a legend. Some ah allyuh well sour, boy.
ah find.. he could do that because he have no inferiority complex..it's recognition of the man playing ability...the only place that is acceptable..is on the field, where the MAN Guerra is a humble participant, and meet one of the greatest in his sport in the world...it's a joke..Who don't want to bow. make joke or have fun, is your business..u go an hit Messi a slap from the word go man..doh hold back.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
Lawd, de man eh bow down and crying and kissing foot. He humourously acknowledge a man who is/will be a legend. Some ah allyuh well sour, boy.
ah find.. he could do that because he have no inferiority complex..it's recognition of the man playing ability...the only place that is acceptable..is on the field, where the MAN Guerra is a humble participant, and meet one of the greatest in his sport in the world...it's a joke..Who don't want to bow. make joke or have fun, is your business..u go an hit Messi a slap from the word go man..doh hold back.

Precisely. Showed a measure of confidence.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »
he disappoint meh there.. shake his hand.. guerra still dont realize how good he can be... but say wha, looked like he was joking...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »
This is the same Argentina that proudly boasts that there is no such thing as a "black" Argentinian and he goes there as a black man and bows before their idol whilst representing his country? Can't agree with that at all. They need to better educate and inform themselves. Go back and dig up some history books and wrap their hard and nutty heads with it.

I hope that this would raise his profile and give him a better chance at being scouted. Life can be funny that way.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
I think it was a smart move by Tulla. Whether he thought Messi may remember him at the end and give him his jersey or whether he realised that this one action could guarantee that he, of all T&T players, would be remembered, however he performed on the pitch, I think it showed his confidence before the biggest game of his life. 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:16 PM »
make we look small man...steups...gush after messi in your own damn time and space

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »
make we look small man...steups...gush after messi in your own damn time and space

typical local trini attitude.. foreign is the best, insecure and lack of confidence... but when a foreign trini step in to help,, iz pure attitude...

the players need a reality check... they can play just as well as argentina if they believe in themselves and apply themselves

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
it is all mental.. mentally if you have the confidence and drive you can achieve anything.. our players lack that self confidence.. some don't realize how good they are until a foreigner make them see it..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQqwea8ZSbk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VQqwea8ZSbk</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 02:28:39 AM »
What is so wrong in bowing to someone you personally regard as one of the best ballers in the world,that is up to the person and,how he or she feels about the person they are bowing to,their perception and emotions isn't the same as yours,why laugh at them,also it was probably just a "bit ah fun",not as serious as some people are taking it.
I'll say this much,if I ever had the opportunity of meeting Brian Lara in his pomp,I would bow to him,I would also bow to Pele,who want to laugh,laugh...that's their business.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 05:09:43 AM »
who want to laugh,laugh
Guerra heself laughing. Lil joke de man making and these fellas all up in they feelings. Man talking bout 'insecurity' while insecurely concerned bout how big or small we look to the world. Steups.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Ataullah &quot;Bow&quot; Guerra.
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »
Whatever get over it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:52 AM »
I see nothing worng with this.

Some of you guys need to lighten up.

Bow showed his respect and was being funny at it.

Good going Bow.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »
Seems like some people definitely have some inferiority complex on this thread. Doesn't matter if he's black, white, yellow, red, latino, asian, indian.  Messi  is a living legend.  Would man be upset if Messi was from Nigeria.  Don't see a problem with this gesture, have a problem with people always bringing race into every conversation.  Guerra is Trinidadian of African and European descent period.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »
Seems like some people definitely have some inferiority complex on this thread. Doesn't matter if he's black, white, yellow, red, latino, asian, indian.  Messi  is a living legend.  Would man be upset if Messi was from Nigeria.  Don't see a problem with this gesture, have a problem with people always bringing race into every conversation.  Guerra is Trinidadian of African and European descent period.
"Straight up mate",yuh got that 100%right.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »
Long time ah tell alyuh men fragile, alyuh seeing it now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
This is the same Argentina that proudly boasts that there is no such thing as a "black" Argentinian and he goes there as a black man and bows before their idol whilst representing his country? Can't agree with that at all. They need to better educate and inform themselves. Go back and dig up some history books and wrap their hard and nutty heads with it.

I hope that this would raise his profile and give him a better chance at being scouted. Life can be funny that way.

Actually this showed me that Guerra comfortable in his skin and confident too. It's not about "them" it's about "us". People who walk around with hang ups about those that have problem with black people have big problem themselves. Big man is big man, and when you can give props for being good at something to someone, a people, who "don't like you", you ah big man.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
This was very embarrassing. Dont give your opponents power over you..

He should have been subbed right after.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
who want to laugh,laugh
Guerra heself laughing. Lil joke de man making and these fellas all up in they feelings. Man talking bout 'insecurity' while insecurely concerned bout how big or small we look to the world. Steups.

not about the world but yourself and how you view yourself... he is insecure... bow to God, not a man who is on your level...

and if you don't care what the world think about your country.. then you really don't care about yourself and your nation, which means you are insecure... which also means the nation can go to pieces, which is what is happening..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
What, boy Tullah! You and Kamla have something in common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
What, boy Tullah! You and Kamla have something in common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
I see both sides of the argument. But I will give Tullah a bligh because I am a fan of his. This was a friendly, so I go let it pass. Tullah eh no slouch. He is a hard player and gives his all. It is unfortunate that he still playing at home. He was  decent yesterday. But he and the rest of the team need to look at the film of this game and look at their defficiencies. It is important for TT players to do this. They don't get this opportunity this often against high profile teams. They don't practice as often as they should. Always some blasted excuse. The club cah relwase them. They quite in Vitnam and Thailand. This team needs to play and practice more together. They should be preparing for the Caribbean Cup. Win it Mo' Bay. This should be our immediate goal. Think about GC after.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:23 AM »
who want to laugh,laugh

not about the world but yourself and how you view yourself... he is insecure... bow to God, not a man who is on your level...

and if you don't care what the world think about your country.. then you really don't care about yourself and your nation, which means you are insecure... which also means the nation can go to pieces, which is what is happening..
well that last post stump me... to much to cover, to much time.. them Japanese and other asians, doh respect deyself, bowing all the time ?..meanwhile the world buying everything from there, and they have a strangle hold on world economy and issues...and dem did get send to hell on a lone bomber...maybe if we show ppl respect, we will get some...maybe if we had respect for each other, we will acquire some ourselves...maybe the world will be more interested in that...you think they were really interested in our football..KJ coulda score four, the world will still buy Maxi Rodriguez before him.. as far as football is concerned, we're just an accessory, nice but not the main interest or event...get used to it...we need to show respect, for others and for each other, before we can collect respect for ourselves..I'm even more impressed with Guerra strength,wheter incidental or deliberate, him knowing how his ppl are..and then equating a sign of respect to Honoring God..hmmnnn..go kiss the pope and bishops ring...go bow to the iman and the Guru, bow to the President and the rulers...say they in God service so all is alright...but let your heart be hateful and or disrespectful to others, and God will be ok, cause u bowing only to him/her/it,  who you not seeing, yet meeting everyday..

shim..ah still went off...probably won't make sense to some anyway
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:10:29 AM by maxg »

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
Don't see anything wrong with this.  Guerra wasn't bowing to Messi the man, he was bowing to Messi the football player...  just acknowledging the man's talent...bowing is a sign of respect..and not always of insubordination....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
Man tell mih being overly concerned about other people's perceptions of me is a sign of true security, yes. Ah learn a new life lesson!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
You mean all those players to ever encounter messi after all these years and only one player actually bow to him? Everyone respects and admires the genius that is Lionel Messi but when you are acting on behalf of your country in a competitive capacity you don't have to bow to anyone. The man bowing and acting all giggly at the other players coming after Messi showing thumbs up etc.

You feel if any other serious country had a player that made this gesture and then gone on to lose the game wouldn't be in uproar. This is already trending, meaning it's not an ordinary gesture to make before competition. I don't care that it is a friendly but you are representing your country. This wasn't a fete match or charity game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:41:34 AM by congo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »
who want to laugh,laugh

well that last post stump me... to much to cover, to much time.. them Japanese and other asians, doh respect deyself, bowing all the time ?..meanwhile the world buying everything from there, and they have a strangle hold on world economy and issues...and dem did get send to hell on a lone bomber...maybe if we show ppl respect, we will get some...maybe if we had respect for each other, we will acquire some ourselves...maybe the world will be more interested in that...you think they were really interested in our football..KJ coulda score four, the world will still buy Maxi Rodriguez before him.. as far as football is concerned, we're just an accessory, nice but not the main interest or event...get used to it...we need to show respect, for others and for each other, before we can collect respect for ourselves..I'm even more impressed with Guerra strength,wheter incidental or deliberate, him knowing how his ppl are..and then equating a sign of respect to Honoring God..hmmnnn..go kiss the pope and bishops ring...go bow to the iman and the Guru, bow to the President and the rulers...say they in God service so all is alright...but let your heart be hateful and or disrespectful to others, and God will be ok, cause u bowing only to him/her/it,  who you not seeing, yet meeting everyday..

shim..ah still went off...probably won't make sense to some anyway

since when is Guerra Japanese? :D I didn't realize that is a part of trinidad cultural customs.. and he not in a dojo... secondly I wouldn't kiss anyone ring or bow to a president or monarch.. i respect everyone but they are equal with me... if you want to big him up for bowing to another man, that is your opinion... if i was coach, none of my players would conduct themselves in that manner, or they won't play for me..

when i represent my country i want the world to know i have pride in what i am doing and that trinidad can beat and compete with the best.. so it works like this.. you may not care what i do but i'll let you know i am not insignificant and i am equally valued as the rest... so the next time you will show some respect for our team and see the pride in which we have when we play and rep those colours.. and the next time you will not thread carefully bc i will hand you a loss in your own backyard..

football is war... football is 80% mental...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:07:58 AM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 11:07:17 AM »
lawd  ..ok

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 11:10:58 AM »
Man tell mih being overly concerned about other people's perceptions of me is a sign of true security, yes. Ah learn a new life lesson!

equality and mental strength is equated with false security?  :bs:

pride and personal achievement is equated with that as well?  :bs:

there is no overly concerned dialogue going on here... just plain insecurity with local trinis and not realizing their value...

so that diatribe you just write is  :bs:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 11:11:06 AM »
You mean all those players to ever encounter messi after all these years and only one player actually bow to him? Everyone respects and admires the genius that is Lionel Messi but when you are acting on behalf of your country in a competitive capacity you don't have to bow to anyone. The man bowing and acting all giggly at the other players coming after Messi showing thumbs up etc.

You feel if any other serious country had a player that made this gesture and then gone on to lose the game wouldn't be in uproar. This is already trending, meaning it's not an ordinary gesture to make before competition. I don't care that it is a friendly but you are representing your country. This wasn't a fete match or charity game.

This right here sums up my objections perfectly.  I not too concerned with how secure or insecure Ataullah Guerra is within himself... the issue is that he wasn't representing himself out there he was representing his nation.  You want to clown, genuflect, make friend, hero-worship... fine, do that on your own time.  Yuh want to be a fan, then buy a ticket like everybody else in the stands.  This to me is no different from players swapping shirts at half-time of a match... not serious enough.  For TnT football right now there is no such thing as a "friendly", everybody auditioning, including the TTFA.  We have to be more serious, more dedicated and more professional than that.

1]; } ?>