March 28, 2024, 01:14:20 PM

Author Topic: Pfister resumes training, Leon off to Vietnam.  (Read 10769 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Pfister resumes training, Leon off to Vietnam.
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:25:03 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Team head coach Otto Pfister  was back on the training pitch on Friday with a group of players currently home as the “Soca Warriors” look ahead to the crucial 2014 World Cup qualifier against Guyana on November 11.

Pfister put his players through their paces for roughly 90 minutes at the Ato Boldon Stadium and will resume sessions next Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at the Couva venue.

Stand-in captain Stern John as well as Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel were among the players involved but missing was midfielder Clyde Leon who has left for a trial in Vietnam.

The coaching staff also received word that Devorn Jorsling is also off on trial while midfielder Hughtun Hector is expected to depart for trial in Vietnam on Wednesday also.

Leon issued a statement via his facebook page on Friday, saying “I am currently on my way to a Trial in Vietnam. I am happy with the owner of W Connection for getting me this opportunity.

I am personally seeking to play at a higher level every year, and my experiences in Colombia, and the experience in Vietnam will make me a better person and player.

I believe I have reached my peak in T&T and playing in other leagues will give me valuable experience both on and off the field!”

Club football in Vietnam is run by the Vietnam Football Federation. The federation administers the Vietnam national football team, as well as the V-League, Vietnam First Division, and Vietnam Second Division.

One of the leading clubs in the Eximbank V-League is Hŕ Nội T&T.  Back in March 2007, local midfielder Aurtis Whitley spent two weeks on trial at Hoang Anh Gia Lai football club but did not receive a contract offer.

On September  30, The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) and the country's 14 V-League clubs agreed to set up a Vietnam Professional Football Company to operate the nation's premier league, starting next year, instead of the federation that has run it for 11 years.

The historic change came after the owners of six topflight V-League clubs Wednesday submitted their petition to VFF calling for the establishment of a share holding company to run the league, while the football governing body was hoping to retain its own organizing panel.

During the meeting between VFF and the bosses of the 14 V-League clubs and 14 first-division clubs in Hanoi, the body agreed upon a league operating company before the new season starts in January.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:27:22 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister resumes training, Leon off to Vietnam.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »
If anybody believe that Vietnam League will help make Clyde Leon a better player, I have a igloo in sea lots to sell allyuh.

Basically, this is an opportunity fuh Leon to be "in foreign".  It eh matter where "in foreign", just as long as is "foreign".

IMO, speaks more to a larger societal issue rather than a footballing issue.  Maybe Leon simply doh like having to be home by 11.

Anyway, Pfister have no control over this.  Youths (and Leon eh no youth) see football as an avenue to get off de island.  And de clubs will make a deal wit de devil himself if dey could make a $$.

But is not jes Leon.  Is a player like Hughton Hector too who have so much to offer.  It frustrating but it is what it is.  Next match against Guyana it likely that neither Hector nor Jorsling will be available.  Real vy-kee-vy ting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »
If anybody believe that Vietnam League will help make Clyde Leon a better player, I have a igloo in sea lots to sell allyuh.

Basically, this is an opportunity fuh Leon to be "in foreign".  It eh matter where "in foreign", just as long as is "foreign".

IMO, speaks more to a larger societal issue rather than a footballing issue.  Maybe Leon simply doh like having to be home by 11.

Anyway, Pfister have no control over this.  Youths (and Leon eh no youth) see football as an avenue to get off de island.  And de clubs will make a deal wit de devil himself if dey could make a $$.

But is not jes Leon.  Is a player like Hughton Hector too who have so much to offer.  It frustrating but it is what it is.  Next match against Guyana it likely that neither Hector nor Jorsling will be available.  Real vy-kee-vy ting.

Yuh think David John Williams easy, he want to make back de money he invest in players at any cost.

Leon could go, but Hector, nah boy, them men head not straight.

I am sure Hector could play in Belgium or Holland right now.

And ah wonder why Leon after signing a contract for 2 years in Colombia just done aways with de club ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »

Yuh think David John Williams easy, he want to make back de money he invest in players at any cost.

And ah wonder why Leon after signing a contract for 2 years in Colombia just done aways with de club ?

I recall in Pfister interview he commented that since the last qualifier vs Barbados, Leon was basically inactive for 5 weeks and as such he couldn't use him for the last two games. I'm not sure if he was inactive in Columbia or here though. Either way he is not playing enough ball to be considered. He have to make a move one way or the other.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 07:04:26 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The coaching staff also received word that Devorn Jorsling is also off on trial while midfielder Hughtun Hector is expected to depart for trial in Vietnam on Wednesday also.

Say it aint so...  ??? :frustrated: :worried:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

1st off yes d owners dem all bout d $$$$$..cuz in all fairness sellin players is d only way tuh sustain financial stability fuh clubs..so yes dem owners would pretty much do anything which is sad...sometimes even over pricin fuh players which in turn cause some foreign clubs to lose interest in players and pull out at d expense of d player involve..deprivin dem of d chance to go abroad and ply dey trade smh.

On the other hand..players do have ah say in d matter as to if dey wanna explore d option or not..so is not like d club owners holdin ah gun tuh dey players head and sayin "yuh hatta go!" With dat being said...most players locally would jump at d chance tuh go abroad doh matter way d opportunity is cuz yes is ah form of progression in dey professional profession..so yes man go be willin tuh go India and Vietnam. Cuz peep dis...is nutttin new man was always plyin dey trade in "outta timin" places...no disrespect everybody wanna play in england, spain, italy, belgium, holland, scotland, portugal, US etc but as ah player if yuh been  waitin fuh dem same opportunity and time passin and it eh comin and clubs in indonesia, japan and lebanon wanna give yuh contract...wuh yuh wuh ah fella tuh do?? Especially if dey payin in US..so ah fella go take ah chance and grind it out fuh d betterment of heself and he family! Is all bout d pursuit of happiness (via more $$$) and plyin yuh trade in unfamiliar places comes with d profession...so dais jus part of d territory! Ent Eto'o did it...who thought he woulda leave milan fuh russia and look where in russia too??? So truss meh...dem fellas (Leon/Hector) have dey head on..is jus there's no better option on d table....and please doh think dat stayin in d pro league is d better option cuz 95% (if not 100%) of d times it's not from ah footballin POV dat is...we all kno dat livin wise dere's no place like home!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:47:58 PM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 07:59:21 PM »
I used to rel setups when I read bout men going Vietnam!! But if dais where dese grown men want to go and "eat ah food" who is we to say dey wrong?

On de "bright" side at least dem fellahs training and playing wid and against Brazilians, Argentinians et al....so maybe dat might help dem improve lil bit?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
It is interesting that while all dem players going foreign, nobody eh coming here to T&T to "eat ah food"!! What does dat say?

Sam, leh meh hear yuh!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
It is interesting that while all dem players going foreign, nobody eh coming here to T&T to "eat ah food"!! What does dat say?

Sam, leh meh hear yuh!

So wait nah...

Eat ah food for 3 months and then suffer for de next six.

And jeopardise yuh international career while you at it. Them couldn't go after November 15, like W Connection want they money fast.

India, Vietnam etc is good for players like Theobald and Leon who almost out de door, but NOT Hughtun Hector.

If them players want to go and make a quick money, then fine, but there is consequences.

As men boy Flex does always say, a different level, a new devil.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
no disrespect everybody wanna play in england, spain, italy, belgium, holland, scotland, portugal, US etc but as ah player if yuh been  waitin fuh dem same opportunity and time passin and it eh comin and clubs in indonesia, japan and lebanon wanna give yuh contract...wuh yuh wuh ah fella tuh do??

Get a different agent.
At least in Hector's and Tinto's cases.  This qualifying series should give them good exposure in the region.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »
no disrespect everybody wanna play in england, spain, italy, belgium, holland, scotland, portugal, US etc but as ah player if yuh been  waitin fuh dem same opportunity and time passin and it eh comin and clubs in indonesia, japan and lebanon wanna give yuh contract...wuh yuh wuh ah fella tuh do??

Get a different agent.
At least in Hector's and Tinto's cases.  This qualifying series should give them good exposure in the region.

So these fellas so good that all they missing is ah good agent.  :thinking:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
This situation is so absurd it ain't funny.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »

Get a different agent.

easier said dan done or else so woulda been d case...so until somebody else (agents) step up and lend dey expertise and services..ah guess it is wad it is...so man go do wuh dey think dey gotta do!

So these fellas so good that all they missing is ah good agent.  :thinking:

And yes Elan Hector in particular is a diamond in d dirt fuh any agent/club
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:09:18 PM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »
Vietnam oui. I'm not even going and I feel depressed.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
VIETNAM LEAGUE IS SHIT! Daz a graveyard move.

My padna from Vietnam and he wanna know who does go Vietnam to play ball.  :frustrated:

It have an American fella, Lee Nguyen who went there to play, rel promising fella and he cah crack national squad since 2007 when he was in reserves with PSV. Btw he is 24 or 25 now.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »

Get a different agent.

Apart from agents needing to have connections to better clubs, our players will be offered better contracts once our FIFA rankings improve! When we are back in the top 60 or better, then the better clubs in more established football countries will start playing more attention to our players!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:52:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »
Sad, a player as talented as Hector should be in Europe, very least MLS...  whoever advising these men real good .. at least J league or something but f**king Vietnam?

wow... Hughton dont do it!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
Take this for what it's worth... but Wikipedia says that Hanoi T&T are affiliated with FC Porto (whatever that means), plus as Fyzoman say... it have Brazilians and Argentinians on the team. By itself admittedly that doesn't say much, but de left-and dumpling Seabra eat aside, it ent like Argies and Brazilians breaking down the door to play in the Pro League.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »
Take this for what it's worth... but Wikipedia says that Hanoi T&T are affiliated with FC Porto (whatever that means), plus as Fyzoman say... it have Brazilians and Argentinians on the team. By itself admittedly that doesn't say much, but de left-and dumpling Seabra eat aside, it ent like Argies and Brazilians breaking down the door to play in the Pro League.

You see the size of Brazil and Argentina?! Not to mention that is their number one sport. Of course they have men playing every corner of the world, but that don't mean they near good. So that argument is bullocks.

How many people playing in Vietnam does play on national teams?

Playing in Vietnam is a funeral.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 10:40:53 PM »

You see the size of Brazil and Argentina?! Not to mention that is their number one sport. Of course they have men playing every corner of the world, but that don't mean they near good. So that argument is bullocks.

How many people playing in Vietnam does play on national teams?

Playing in Vietnam is a funeral.

I think you need to pay closer attention to what I wrote... and not what you think I wrote.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:09 AM »
no offense to vietnam but a player like hector going there is a big waste of time

i wonder if heather can pull a few strings. the youth need to play in a much better league, hes good enough to dominate in mls and play in the uk and europe

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »
dey does still show that Football Asia programme?

disappointed that Hector of all people going across..not putting fault on him because no one really knows the financial circumstances anyone is under..but hughton is a very exciting player and i firmly believe that if we make it to the next stage he will put in some great performances against those tougher sides and WILL catch eyes...clubs follow their players performances..imagine fergie sitting down to take een hernandez and hector ripping? he'll add on 5 more years to he contract jes to develop hector  ;D..but u know d jist of what i sayin..what proper club u know wastin resources to scout in vietnam?..i jus have a sinking feeling hector ending up in palermo or udinese  ;D

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 08:42:21 AM »
imagine if he geh sign nah...football career done..he go ha retire in thailand o sumpting....

On ah real tho, i doubt he signing across dey...less is sum kinda bobol...where he getting pass arong and ppl pocket getting fat...he did sign in columbia, vietnam looking to pay for him...ad who knows after that....

is bullshittt tho :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
so yall aint knw they leon a contract to sign in colombia it was in spanish he jus sign and he was a termination of contract

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »
Its almost 1 month to go b4 our next match so there is no reason why those boys cannot complete what they have to do and come back in time for Guyana match.I suspect they will be on trial for 2 weeks and get a contract or not but it is still hard to understand why those involved in our football will send off some of our best at a time like this.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
Its almost 1 month to go b4 our next match so there is no reason why those boys cannot complete what they have to do and come back in time for Guyana match.I suspect they will be on trial for 2 weeks and get a contract or not but it is still hard to understand why those involved in our football will send off some of our best at a time like this.

$$$$$$$

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
so yall aint knw they leon a contract to sign in colombia it was in spanish he jus sign and he was a termination of contract

Yeah Pfister mentioned that in the interview/rant. He was pissed because the players getting into situations they are being informed about.
The columbians give him papers to sign in spanish, he sign it and it was to terminate the contract. It was a sneaky dirty move by the columbians but he have to know that he shouldn't sign anything he doesn't understand, particularly if it in a different language.

Now he off to Vietnam smh, kinda feeling bad for him because he going there and once again could find himself in a situation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »

Yeah Pfister mentioned that in the interview/rant. He was pissed because the players getting into situations they are being informed about.
The columbians give him papers to sign in spanish, he sign it and it was to terminate the contract. It was a sneaky dirty move by the columbians but he have to know that he shouldn't sign anything he doesn't understand, particularly if it in a different language.

Now he off to Vietnam smh, kinda feeling bad for him because he going there and once again could find himself in a situation.

Suddenly we forget that there was a Trinidadian intermediary in all of this? I don't see how that entity could be absolved of responsibility.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
what's up with this Vietnam thing all of a sudden? it use to be Scotland,now all of a sudden our players are going over to Vietnam.How is this country going to help their football,especially the young ones.Vietnam ranked lower than a bunch of caribbean islands including Grenada,St Kitts and Antigua. These players must take a large part of the blame, they must have a vision for themselves work towards it and DON"T COMPROMISE. Surely Vietnam must be a compromise.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »
Look up "Supply and Demand".

There is hardly any economic demand in TT. Everybody  want to see them play when de ready o see them, and dey want to see dem play for free too.

1]; } ?>