April 20, 2024, 06:36:20 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.  (Read 50406 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.
« on: October 17, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »
Eve eyes Pan Am upsets
...as squad departs for Mexico
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Angus Eve, coach of the T&T under-23 football team which leaves today to compete at the 16th Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico is expecting a few upsets. Eve will lead an 18-man squad which departs from Piarco International Airport from 6 pm.

T&T received an invitation from the organisers as a replacement for Guatemala which was withdrawn by the country’s Olympic committee for non-compliance with protocol.

Panama and Honduras, which finished behind Guatemala and ahead of T&T in the final rankings of the Concacaf Under-20 Championship in April, declined invitations to fill the vacancy in the eight-team competition which kicks off on Wednesday until October 28.

T&T is in Group A along with Ecuador, Mexico and Uruguay and will face Uruguay in their opening game on October 19 on the artificial surface at the Estadio Omnilife.

Included in the T&T team are four players with senior Soca Warriors team experience in USA-based Kevin Molino, W Connection duo Joevin Jones and Shahdon Winchester as well as Caledonia AIA striker Jamal Gay.

The local squad will also be using the tournament as ideal preparations for the Caribbean Football Union 2012 Olympic qualifying final round in St Kitts/Nevis involving Cuba and Suriname from November 24 to 28.

Speaking prior to his team’s penultimate practice session at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya on Saturday night, Eve said: “We are hoping to create a few upsets in the group stage with the hope of reaching the semifinal.“Our preparations have not been great for this competition and all the other teams are expected to be better prepared than us but we are going there full of confidence.

Despite the limited preparations due to the late invite Eve, a former national midfielder and captain said going to the a prestigious tournament like the Pan American Games is a great asset to the team as it looks ahead to the CFU Second Round qualifiers for the London Olympics next year.

“We decided to accept the invite because it will provide us with much needed international matches away from home and with a chance to play some top teams. He added that tournament like this one would attract international football scouts.

Commenting on the team selected, Eve said he decided to carry the core of players who were involved in the CFU first round matches in Dominica because of the limited preparation time:

“There were a few other players like Jerrel Britto and Jomal Williams I wanted to include but they are not familiar with the system we have been playing as yet, so I expect that by the time the CFU tournament comes around at the end of next month they shall be ready.”

Despite the absence of US-based duo Sean De Silva and Uriah Bentick due to school commitments, said he expects a good showing from his team.

T&T Squad: Andre Marchan, Zane Coker, Sheldon Bateau, Mekeil Williams, Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Trevin Caesar, Aquil Selby, Leslie Joel Russell, Jamal Gay, Jayson Joseph, Marcus Joseph, Kevin Molino, Jeromie Williams, Kareem Moses, Kaydion Gabriel, Micah Lewis, Cameron Roget.

Pan Am Men’s Fixtures  

Wednesday
Costa Rica vs Cuba, 11 am 
Uruguay vs T&T , 2 pm 
Argentina vs Brazil, 6 pm 
Mexico vs Ecuador, 9 pm 

Friday
Costa Rica vs Argentina, 10 am
Ecuador vs Uruguay, 1 pm
Brazil vs Cuba, 5 pm
Mexico vs T&T, 8 pm

Sunday
T&T vs Ecuador, 10 am
Cuba vs  Argentina, 1 pm
Mexico vs Uruguay, 5 pm
Brazil vs Costa Rica, 8 pm

Wednesday Oct 26
Semifinals

Friday Oct 28
Final & Third place playoff

U-22 men's team off to Mexico for PanAm Games.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago's Under 22 men's team will depart for Guadalajara, Mexico via Panama City on Monday evening at 6pm as they look ahead to their participation at the 2011 Pan American Games.

The T&T team, under head coach Angus Eve and manager Norris Ferguson, will use these matches as preparations for the CFU final round of qualification for the 2012 Olympic Games in November in St Kitts/Nevis.

Eve has been preparing for the team for several weeks since their 4-0 win over Dominica in the previous CFU round some weeks ago. T&T senior team assistant coach Hutson Charles will also travel with the team.

Eve said he looking forward to testing the team's readiness against the likes of Mexico. Ecuador and Uruguay.

"We came in on a late invitation and maybe the preparation may not be the best in terms of match fitness because we had been following a program towards next month's Olympic qualifies but we will use this tournament as preparation in itself for the qualifiers," Eve told TTFF Media following a session at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Sunday. The games in Guadalara will be played on an artificial surface.

"It's a tournament with great opposition and it's being played in the same format as our qualifiers. I don't think we would have otherwise faced such high level opposition before the Olympic qualifiers and in that sense I think this will serve us well," added the former national midfielder.

He added that the introduction of Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino who is coming off back to back appearances for the senior team in World Cup qualifiers, Caledonia AIA striker Jamal Gay and W Connection defender Joevin Jones, should boost the team.

"Some of our players from the Colleges in the US are not going to be with us because it clashes with their academic schedule and we will want them for the tournament next month.

Guys like Uriah Bentick and Sean De Silva are out. We are also looking to add Khaleem Hyland, Jake Thomson and Robert Primus is still injured at the moment as well as Daneil Cyrus.

But the likes of Molino, Jamal  Gay, who has been going well in the Pro League and Shahdon Winchester should hopefully be good cover for us," Eve added.

T&T are  in Group A along with Ecuador, Mexico and Uruguay and will face Uruguay in their opening game on October 19 at the Estadio Omnilife They then face Mexico on October 21 and Ecuador two days later. Group B includes Brazil, Argentina, Cuba and Costa Rica.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:23:33 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
What about the Women's team? I know they left last week and attended the opening ceremony.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:36 AM »
i hope this team do very well. I wonder if the senior coach is planning to watch the game too.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »
What about the Women's team? I know they left last week and attended the opening ceremony.

First game is tomorrow against Colombia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »
any possible tv postings?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »
pan am games showing live on ESPN3.com and terra (http://deportesus.terra.com/road-to-2012/2011-pan-american-guadalajara/live/)

check the websites for the schedule.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:30:47 PM by Andre »

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:46:05 PM »
There were a few other players like Jerrel Britto and Jomal Williams I wanted to include but they are not familiar with the system we have been playing as yet, so I expect that by the time the CFU tournament comes around at the end of next month they shall be ready.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
There were a few other players like Jerrel Britto and Jomal Williams I wanted to include but they are not familiar with the system we have been playing as yet, so I expect that by the time the CFU tournament comes around at the end of next month they shall be ready.

Which part of it funny dey moms?

De part where dey not familiar with the system?

Or de part that dey go be ready at de end of next month for de same system they not familiar with now even though they not picked on the Pan Am team?  ;D

Maybe yuh jes askin yuhself what system he torkin bout?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:07:44 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:21 AM »
lol yeah he kinda put he foot in he mouth dey .... itll be a good experience but I expect 4 -0 losses all through and eve saying it was a good experience for the boys.
Is a mentality yuh have to try and build .... my stats might be off here but I think it was 1992 european championships that Denmark came in as a replacement I think and won the whole thing or was it greece? Tallest feel free to correct me.
I dunno some bogey team came in and refuse to lie down .... Trini need this tournament to build some kinda backbone!!! We teams seem to be lacking that!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:41 AM »
I don't see where Eve put he foot in mouth. The man say he hoping to score some upsets like the 67 PanAm team. Anyhow you take it win or lose, it better that they get the chance to be in the tournament. They lack preparation like the seniors. This tournament has lots of incentives. Also talent scouts going to be there. The part about Britto and Williams is no big deal. That is par for the course in anything TT. Who knows what the real reason is?  I just glad these guys will get at least 3 tough games. That is what they need desperately.

Ngozi, yes it was Denmark who cause the upset in the Euro. They had a small man called Simonson. Very good player. It was a breadth of fresh air. They played a nice brand of counter attacking football and won. Cruff criticized their play, but that was all sour grapes. They deserved their victory.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
lol yeah he kinda put he foot in he mouth dey .... itll be a good experience but I expect 4 -0 losses all through and eve saying it was a good experience for the boys.
Is a mentality yuh have to try and build .... my stats might be off here but I think it was 1992 european championships that Denmark came in as a replacement I think and won the whole thing or was it greece? Tallest feel free to correct me.
I dunno some bogey team came in and refuse to lie down .... Trini need this tournament to build some kinda backbone!!! We teams seem to be lacking that!

Why you expecting 4-0 losses all through? Have some faith in your coach and your yuong fooballers, didnt most of these guys play under 20 world cup a couple years ago? If memory serves me correctly, Jamaica lost 2-1 to Argentina Ecuador in the final of this tournament a couple years aback...so its not so much a daunting task...http://www.haitiwebs.com/showthread.php?t=45565

Going by that, you guys hsould be able to go one better and win the whole thing
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:43:53 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 08:55:40 AM »

Why you expecting 4-0 losses all through? Have some faith in your coach and your yuong fooballers, didnt most of these guys play under 20 world cup a couple years ago? If memory serves me correctly, Jamaica lost 2-1 to Argentina Ecuador in the final of this tournament a couple years aback...so its not so much a daunting task...http://www.haitiwebs.com/showthread.php?t=45565

Yuh comparing losses now...  ::)  Did you even read the article? This is an underprepared team that received an invitation mere days before the tournament. And no, most of the players in this squad did not play in the 2009 Youth WC. Actually there are only 4 players from that world cup in this squad. Care to gloat about more of Jamaica's losses now?  :loser:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:10:45 AM »

This is the same age group, but its nowhere close to the full strength T&T team at this stage. We are missing key strikers,defenders, the #1 goalkeeper and at least 4 starting midfielders. We could probably assemble another 18 man squad and take them Guatelmala too.

For a lot of these players the only international experience they have is against Dominca, Curacao and Grenada. The good thing about this tournament is exposing them to top international competition, giving the coach experience and getting ready for qualifiers, as our preparations have been badly interrupted. Even if we loose every game its still a total win-win situation for us

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
Anyone able to get these games taped and posted> Would be much appreciated.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »

that was a JA under 20 team playing under 17 teams btw
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline handsanointed

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »

Which part of it funny dey moms?

De part where dey not familiar with the system?

Or de part that dey go be ready at de end of next month for de same system they not familiar with now even though they not picked on the Pan Am team?  ;D

Maybe yuh jes askin yuhself what system he torkin bout?  ;D

I guess we can say Adams don't understand the system (what system, I don't know) because he too was not chosen......an answer was needed because a question was asked, by now we have to learn to deal with the decisions that are made by people who have been delegated authority but at the end of it all they don't have the final say......I'm singing the song Somebody bigger than you and I....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:46:46 AM by Tallman »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:19:35 PM by Andre »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Live Now - T&T vs. Colombia Women. Stream Link.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
pardon the full thread. this game on right now. i just find a live, legal link.

0-0 after 15'.

stream here - http://deportesus.terra.com/road-to-2012/2011-pan-american-guadalajara/live/

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Live Now - T&T vs. Colombia Women. Stream Link.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
is that all black uniforms?
looks like Colombia leads 1:0

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »
yeah. look like all black. i doh think they could have the federation badge for pan am and olympics.

we still sponsored by adidas?

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
We were on the attack for a while. Not looking bad...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:48:22 PM »
The Trinitarians looking good.
I cyah believe the keeper get beat on that goal though. Say what. Keeping is one of the areas in women's soccer that needs vast improvement. A goalscorer, a keeper and a midfielder could take you far in women's football.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:52:53 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »
Loving the kit...We not playing too badly either.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »
cant see it :( , wish i could see the kit. Oh well keep fighting ladies  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
cant see it :( , wish i could see the kit. Oh well keep fighting ladies  :beermug:

for those that can't see.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:35:01 PM by E-man »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
Hard luck dey ladies.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
Hard luck dey ladies.

Match ends 1:0 for Colombia

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
yeah. look like all black. i doh think they could have the federation badge for pan am and olympics.

we still sponsored by adidas?

I like the kit too. The black is much more intimidating than the red and white.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

Yuh comparing losses now...  ::)  Did you even read the article? This is an underprepared team that received an invitation mere days before the tournament. And no, most of the players in this squad did not play in the 2009 Youth WC. Actually there are only 4 players from that world cup in this squad. Care to gloat about more of Jamaica's losses now?  :loser:

Actually, Jamaica defeated Argentina and a couple other teams on the way to the final. How about that for gloating?  :D

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »

Actually, Jamaica defeated Argentina and a couple other teams on the way to the final. How about that for gloating?  :D

Yeah, all yuh bearly beat a u17 team and yuh bigging up yuh chest... You good yes...  :loser:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>