April 23, 2024, 01:37:44 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.  (Read 50447 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 02:23:01 AM »
hate when we celebrate draws...whats the point..?

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2011, 02:32:58 AM »
From ttffonline.com

By:Shaun Fuentes

NOW T&T MEN HOLD ON TO MEXICO

Thursday it was the Women and Friday it was Men’s time to put on another praiseworthy display as they held  Mexico to a 1-1 draw before a partisan home crowd  at the Omnilife Stadium, Guadalajara.

Praiseworthy not based on the fact that the hosts hit the woodwork three times as skipper Sheldon Bateau and his teammates braced the Mexican wave but because they defied the odds to earn a valuable point against a CONCACAF giant on their home soil on an evening when naturally the neutral fan would have expected T&T to be licking its wounds at the end.

Jamal Gay stunned the hosts and silenced the fans when he clinically side footed home from close range after Micah Lewis blew past his man before squaring for the lurking striker in the 12th minute.

“I thought it was a really good result for us tonight. We came here against the host team who were obvious favourites and we defied the odds by holding them to a draw,” Angus Eve told TTFF Media after the match.

“It was a remarkable effort by the guys. We played to plan, we maintained our disciplined and we held them off because they came at us with everything in search of a winner because it was important for them to win this match.

"I saw this as a very valuable experience for the players because it was a hostile atmosphere in the stadium but we were never intimidated. We kept our focus throughout the match and I thought we competed well which is some of the things I was looking to see us accomplish here in preparation for the Olympic qualifiers"

Goalscorer Gay added : “We knew we had to start well if we were to be in with a chance of a good result tonight. Everyone knows that Mexico is a dangerous team and they can dominate you if they get on top  early. They came at us but we also withstood their pressure well. I’m really proud of our effort and hopefully we can carry on from here for the remaining games. Scoring so early against Mexico was a feeling that any striker would want to experience and I felt that tonight. “

Defender Joel Russell mentioned that Eve helped the players to mentally prepare for the battle at hand.

“Coach Angus helped motivate us He made us believe in ourselves and believe that we could do it,” said Russell.

“I  thought the key factor was working for each other. We were not afraid to play and we did our homework on the Mexican team.”

T&T began the affair like a team on a mission and certainly far from overawed by the occasion. On 24 seconds, number ten Kevin Molino, evidently outstanding for Eve's men during the 94 minutes, had a crack at goal which went over bar. Seven minutes later the T&T senior team and Orlando City midfielder laid one off for Sheldon Bateau and he drove one wide of the upright from 25 metres out.

But the Mexicans soon got into their own and they rattled the T&T crossbar when Oribe Peralta’s header seemed to be goal bound on ten minutes. Peralta and fellow forward Iganacio  Aquino were at  the heart of every Mexican attack and was handful for the T&T defense but Russell and company battled everything that came at them.

T&T’s goal arrived when the confident Molino turned and precisely laid one off for Lewis on the left and the Caledonia AIA player slipped past his man before cutting back for Gay to nail home with his right foot.

Mexico  appeared shell shocked but they never panicked even though it took them a further ten minutes before they threatened the T&T goal.  Then on 23 minutes,Peralta found himself with loads of space on the right of the box and got past the advancing goalkeeper Andre Marchan before banging his low shot off the near post.

Then a slow reaction by one of the T&T defenders allowed Mexico to recover an attack on the right of the box and Aquino picked out Peralta who did the rest,  turning and perfectly directing a left footer into the left corner of the net to send the fans into a frenzy on the half hour mark.

Mexican Isaac Brizuela forced Marchan into action in the 34th minute and a late first half assault in search of the go ahead goal forced the T&T back line to keep dropping off. Seven minutes before the break T&T survived a scare when Peralta again got his head to a cross from the right but the ball bounced off the crossbar and back into play.

As the second half progressed, T&T  kept the Mexicans at bay for the opening 15 minutes, allowing nothing to go astray while also doing more to take the game into the Mexican final third. Molino controlled most of T&T’s play. Gay was pressuring high most times and on one instance, almost punished the hosts when he won possession and headed goalwards but shot wide under pressure from his man.

Marchan came up big to deny Arturo Amione in the 73rd and moments later Bateau decided to try his luck from long range but to no avail.

But Mexico kept coming. Ten minutes from the end, Marchan was called upon again, this time doing well to block Roberto Bocanegra’s effort. Gay had to leave the field due to a head injury after a clash of heads and was replaced by Trevin Caesar.

T&T did not go into panic mode in the closing moments as Mexico threw everything in search of the go ahead goal. When the final whistle went, the reaction from the T&T contingent was one of satisfaction for having held the hosts from running away with a result. The fans jeered at the end as they came expecting nothing less than a convincing victory from their boys.  Not much to celebrate for them in the end but they still managed to sing merrily in Mexican style in huge numbers as they exited the Stadium, perhaps celebrating  in the spirit of the Pan American Games thus far. (S. Fuentes, Oct 21,2011)
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2011, 03:15:40 AM »
Cuba tie Brasil 0-0.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2011, 03:48:54 AM »
Again, as with the head coach of the women's team, Richard Hood, TTFF wanted to remove Angus Eve from the helm of the men's team just a few weeks ago. My advice is that Eve was actually informed in a meeting that he HAD been removed and replaced by Hutson Charles. In one of his last deeds as TTFF technical adviser, Keith Look Loy, who was not invited to this meeting, condemned the move in a message to Richard Groden, and Eve refused to be sent to the Under 20 team. In the end - everybody in TTFF scurrried to distance themselves from the decision and now will hurry to associate with this result. Congrats to the team, Eve and the rest of the staff...

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2011, 05:26:13 AM »
Angus has been doing great work with this team so far. Very important job to be U-23 or u-20 coach as they are responsible for grooming players for Senior side... I would hope that he and Pfister are on the same page...talent never the problem as this result again proves but administration of the sport is and always will be poor, general problem in T an T decades now - lack of ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY...sport and football is certainly not excluded

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2011, 05:29:52 AM »
Dreamer said it best with his points. My concern was the inability to keep the ball, but the defence was great and they were not afraid to attack with speed. There is hope for the future.

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »
Fellas should celebrate - they fought bravely. But what does this game tell about our state of our football? The gap is closing? I say no! I prefer to see good play and loose 3 nil in a game like this. I long for the day to see our footballers actually string 8 or 9 passes consistently in a game. Right now our results against decent opposition depends on much luck and hope opposition have an off day. Hate to admit it but Jamaica shape much better than us for the last few years and can actually put decent teams under sustained pressure.

Breds this core team beat Jamaica every single time they played them since U-17, including beating them in Jamaica to qualify for 2007 World Cup . This is the most successful team we have ever had, but they are not even the most talented squad in the last 5 years. Is hard work and a little care from the federation put them here. The only thing missing from that equation now is the attention of the federation.

If people really wanted to see good results they would pay a lot more attention to youth football. I does harp on this until I'm blue in the face. Watch what we have coming up in U-17 football in Trinidad, a real golden generation, a crop of some real strong players, who should be the target of enhanced training and peer group competition. But they getting NOTHING from this federation. Then in about a year or two time men will come and talk about how we players can't string passes together, they shitty, etc.

People talk about  'gap' opening and closing like is some kind of magic portal. Its we the footballing community who open the gap by sheer force of will and committment. And its we who let it close on us when we lazy. It doh open and close itself.

By the time men seeing a T&T side consistently getting licks against good opposotion, there is no more point complaining, the window of opprtunity done pass years ago.

I will continue to celebrate this side win loose or draw because they stand for what happens when we do things right from the beginning.

The ultimate goal of any country's football programme is to produce teams that can consistently contend and qualify for places in the world cup. There's no doubt that this team has been very successful in the past and has a few sparkling talents but I feel that they have not developed as a team as I had hoped - no fault of theirs. I agree that the money and focus of our programme needs to be expended on youth development and that the TTFF must accept most blame for the very inconsistent results we have been having. Let's see in the Olympic Qualifiers, when all teams are at their best, if we still beat the teams that we did in the younger age groups.I hope we do! I love T&T football and would watch them play on TV over Manu, Barca etc. but what would have been the comments if the score was 4-1, as it easily could have been on another day. I have commented in the past and I have noticed this a lot with posters in this forum, you only look at the result to determine how well our team plays.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2011, 06:49:21 AM »
hate when we celebrate draws...whats the point..?

U serious?

An underprepared team coming up against the host nation??

Some people does just hate.........wheeeeeyyyyyyyy sah!!

We senior team just lose to Bermuda and frighten to play Guyana in a home and away match and u want to fight down these youths?

You does know who is de secret agent Jamaicans on this forum!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2011, 07:09:14 AM »
Regardless of the standard of the performance or whether we were lucky or whether we were on the back foot for the majority of the game...

Anyone who can look at this result and not feel at least some degree of satisfaction really needs to take a long, hard look at themselves as so called fans of T&T football.

I does wonder about some ah allyuh expectations.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »
Again, as with the head coach of the women's team, Richard Hood, TTFF wanted to remove Angus Eve from the helm of the men's team just a few weeks ago. My advice is that Eve was actually informed in a meeting that he HAD been removed and replaced by Hutson Charles. In one of his last deeds as TTFF technical adviser, Keith Look Loy, who was not invited to this meeting, condemned the move in a message to Richard Groden, and Eve refused to be sent to the Under 20 team. In the end - everybody in TTFF scurrried to distance themselves from the decision and now will hurry to associate with this result. Congrats to the team, Eve and the rest of the staff...

Angus Eve himself was on radio discussing this.  At that point, he was hearing talk of his removal but nothing concrete....then they pick him up to carry the team to the Pan Am games.....

As for the game I didn't watch it but was happy with the score line when I heard of it....ah draw with Mexico on any level is good news.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:15 AM »
CONGRATS to the team AND Angus Eve!!! A draw with MEXICO in and of itself is a decent result... to do it IN Mexico, with an under-strength and under-prepared team even MORESO!!! Lets remember that Mexico routinely qualifies for ALL World Cups at EVERY level, and has been WINNING them at youth level lately...I think some people here just like to COMPLAIN and CRITICIZE (which is their democratic right), but lighten up nuh, and let's rally behind this team... as someone mentioned earlier the CORE of this group have already participated in TWO consecuetive World Cups U-17 and U-20 so this is in may ways a "Golden Generation", ESPECIALLY if they can make it THREE in a row and again create history by becoming our FIRST EVER team to qualify for the Olympics!!!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2011, 08:05:02 AM »
here are some highlights from the game...thanks to my brother for providing the link:-
http://vslive.tv/highlights/panamericangames/mexico_vs_trinandtobago_22_october_2011_585521/

truetrini

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »
Women and men holding Mexico in Mexico..dais ball.....how many teams from Concacaf can boast about that?

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2011, 08:33:19 AM »
All yuh take win but mark my words. There will be other games when the team will play much better but because they loss, you will here all the peeps biggin dem up now, will be  eating them and the coach raw. BTW Eve seems to be a very good tactician.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2011, 08:40:56 AM »
is somebody gonna post the link to the womens games.... its starting soon is it not

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
is somebody gonna post the link to the womens games.... its starting soon is it not

http://tinyurl.com/3k9h7k3
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2011, 08:53:46 AM »
fantastic results, by both the men and women!
This may be unprecedented at any level for T&T.

Whatever national team Mexico sends out, it is world class.
As I said in a post a few days ago about how T&T matches up against Mexico, both these 2 teams have proven my point even moreso.

Lets face it, there was a bit of luck involved, but as they say you make your own luck. On a different night, we might have lost 1-4, but thats not this time.

Fact is we went into mexico and drew, that is one of the best results I have ever seen a T&T team achieve. Perhaps more important than the 1 pt gained from this result, is the confidence from these players that they can actually get a result in Mexico, just like when the young T&T team drew with jamaica 2-2 a couple years ago in Kingston.

Congrats fellas, grow from strength to strength.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »

Is de same link all de time:
http://deportesus.terra.com/road-to-2012/2011-pan-american-guadalajara/live/11/#11
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »

Is de same link all de time:
http://deportesus.terra.com/road-to-2012/2011-pan-american-guadalajara/live/11/#11

That eh go stop somebody asking for it next game.
This is why I not in a customer service role...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
T&T Women 0-1 Chile Women. Goal by Francisca Lara in the 18th minute.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
T&T Women 0-2 Chile Women. Goal by Francisca Lara in the 40th minute.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »
HALF-TIME: T&T Women 0-2 Chile Women. Goals scored by Francisca Lara (18', 40').

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »
How the hell we ent score in this game?
Is not like Mexico yesterday, but is not like we don't have opportunities

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »
How the hell we ent score in this game?
Is not like Mexico yesterday, but is not like we don't have opportunities

We had one clear cut opportunity to score, which would have made it 1-1, but St. Louis failed to convert.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2011, 10:25:07 AM »
T&T Women 0-3 Chile Women. Goal by Maria Rojas in the 66th minute.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2011, 10:29:38 AM »
They stretching our team. That last goal was too easy. We not as compact as day before.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
Dem girl knock ah decent brand, was impressed with their running off de ball and overall hustle, could argue with better tightness at de back and keeper positioning on de FK we would have not been 2-0, 3rd one was just a qu of pushing hard being 2-0 down
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
FULL-TIME: T&T Women 0-3 Chile Women. Goals scored by Francisca Lara (18', 40'), and Maria Rojas (66').

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »
Dem girl knock ah decent brand, was impressed with their running off de ball and overall hustle, could argue with better tightness at de back and keeper positioning on de FK we would have not been 2-0, 3rd one was just a qu of pushing hard being 2-0 down

2nd one was a free kick.
They had opportunities. Like they does say on tv, a little more quality up front and the result may have been different.

1]; } ?>