March 28, 2024, 12:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.  (Read 49928 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
Thw gap in football is closing

what gap closing? dont look at the score, look at the play..

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
I was impressed with Molino, no doubt he should be playing in Europe before long

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
Great to see #8 Angus Eve. That Kevin Molino is a player. good to know he gets burn in the senior team

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »
T

The score is all that counts my friend

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
hate when we celebrate draws...whats the point..?

I doh know if that was celebration like we win something. It seemed more like defiance for getting a point in the lion's den. After all, most people would have picked us to lose by 3 or 4 easily.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »
I agree with you but our football not to that level like the Mexicans they squad full of good club footballers and it showed tonight so i go take the point and be satisfied  :beermug:...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
T

on another day it would ah be 5 -1 ... Mexico was unlucky
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
well done fellas!!! but that midfield MUST work on keeping posession upward to the opposition goal
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
hate when we celebrate draws...whats the point..?
Its ok to celebrate a draw when it was against a team that shoulda hit us for 6

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »
T

well say d points gap closin..until we have dem hot den i go say d gap closin

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
Who's dat fat boy in de no. 8?  Man belly hanging over he shorts an ting ;D
:rotfl: he a pro footballer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
My thoughts exactly! Many on this forum look purely at the score and not the standard of play. When was the last time did you Trinidad dictate play against any decent international side. To win or draw we have to defend for we life and hope for some luck. It the same way sides like Bermuda could beat us.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
Who's dat fat boy in de no. 8?  Man belly hanging over he shorts an ting;D

Is Jeromie Williams. He resemble Chubby eh?

4 real... Is Chubby self pop in muh mind when I saw Jeromie.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »
Mexico was wayyyyyyy better than us and to me coming out with a draw against a team so much better is reason to celebtate. We were lucky not to losr 4-1 bec they hit the post 3 times. A point is a point and we'll take it.

Angus Eve deserve credit for his tactics today.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
Who's dat fat boy in de no. 8?  Man belly hanging over he shorts an ting;D

Is Jeromie Williams. He resemble Chubby eh?
dd.
4 real... Is Chubby self pop in muh mind when I saw Jeromie.

I don't thiiink anyone on d  forum could look at that game and say the standard of play was good. How can it be when we producing average talent> That's y ppl rejoice when we win or even draw regardless of the standard. T&T have not been and won't be dominating anything as long as our admin remains the same and or until we produce anove average talent.

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
I would celebrate if is a world cup qualifier or the gold cup. What counts most here is to gauge player and team development. Yes the point earned is commendable on the face of it but the bigger picture is of greater significance.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
i will take that draw yes, FU! mexico. On to d next game
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
allyuh men love to nitpick boy! here we are after a big disruption in preparations, with a last minute invite to a BIG tournament. we play mexico AT HOME without daniel cyrus, uriah bentick, robert primus, leston paul, sean desilva, khaleem hyland, jake thompson, arguably the BEST players at this level. the seniors could barely beat bermuda, big men running scared of guyana and allyuh don't see this as reason for them lil fellas to celebrate? steups

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
Fellas should celebrate - they fought bravely. But what does this game tell about our state of our football? The gap is closing? I say no! I prefer to see good play and loose 3 nil in a game like this. I long for the day to see our footballers actually string 8 or 9 passes consistently in a game. Right now our results against decent opposition depends on much luck and hope opposition have an off day. Hate to admit it but Jamaica shape much better than us for the last few years and can actually put decent teams under sustained pressure.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »
Fellas should celebrate - they fought bravely. But what does this game tell about our state of our football? The gap is closing? I say no! I prefer to see good play and loose 3 nil in a game like this. I long for the day to see our footballers actually string 8 or 9 passes consistently in a game. Right now our results against decent opposition depends on much luck and hope opposition have an off day. Hate to admit it but Jamaica shape much better than us for the last few years and can actually put decent teams under sustained pressure.

Breds this core team beat Jamaica every single time they played them since U-17, including beating them in Jamaica to qualify for 2007 World Cup . This is the most successful team we have ever had, but they are not even the most talented squad in the last 5 years. Is hard work and a little care from the federation put them here. The only thing missing from that equation now is the attention of the federation.

If people really wanted to see good results they would pay a lot more attention to youth football. I does harp on this until I'm blue in the face. Watch what we have coming up in U-17 football in Trinidad, a real golden generation, a crop of some real strong players, who should be the target of enhanced training and peer group competition. But they getting NOTHING from this federation. Then in about a year or two time men will come and talk about how we players can't string passes together, they shitty, etc.

People talk about  'gap' opening and closing like is some kind of magic portal. Its we the footballing community who open the gap by sheer force of will and committment. And its we who let it close on us when we lazy. It doh open and close itself.

By the time men seeing a T&T side consistently getting licks against good opposotion, there is no more point complaining, the window of opprtunity done pass years ago.

I will continue to celebrate this side win loose or draw because they stand for what happens when we do things right from the beginning.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »
Yeah, good post Zando, it's amazing eh, most TT football fans aware of the fact that with a proper admin and structured approach to the game at all levels, coupled with an improved domestic league that has some type of community/financial model; we would grow as a football nation.  I think we just forget that our effort in all of the above areas is half assed at best and as such strongly influences our results.  We all know, but I would like to think the patriotism blinds us temporarily at these types of moments.

PS:  Dat fat boy bigger dan me, cyar believe he make de cut, at firse ah was like, de water boy gehin ah sweat?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »

Breds this core team beat Jamaica every single time they played them since U-17, including beating them in Jamaica to qualify for 2007 World Cup . This is the most successful team we have ever had, but they are not even the most talented squad in the last 5 years. Is hard work and a little care from the federation put them here. The only thing missing from that equation now is the attention of the federation.

If people really wanted to see good results they would pay a lot more attention to youth football. I does harp on this until I'm blue in the face. Watch what we have coming up in U-17 football in Trinidad, a real golden generation, a crop of some real strong players, who should be the target of enhanced training and peer group competition. But they getting NOTHING from this federation. Then in about a year or two time men will come and talk about how we players can't string passes together, they shitty, etc.

People talk about  'gap' opening and closing like is some kind of magic portal. Its we the footballing community who open the gap by sheer force of will and committment. And its we who let it close on us when we lazy. It doh open and close itself.

By the time men seeing a T&T side consistently getting licks against good opposotion, there is no more point complaining, the window of opprtunity done pass years ago.

I will continue to celebrate this side win loose or draw because they stand for what happens when we do things right from the beginning.

Lyrics to make a politician cringe!!  ... bring it brotha zando!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:24 PM »

Very good post!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Watched the game from start to finish. Big big reason to celebrate.

Packed stadium in de lion's den
T&T scores first and early ....  shocking de crap out of Mexico.
Defense not bad and Bateau like a rock of Gibralta
Keeper Marchan looking good, stylish and had excellent reflexes, shot blocking. Good kicking technique.
Molino looking real sick and turning direction like a li'l Latas. Borse player
Gay frightening de crap out of de Mexicans as a fast powerful solo striker on de counter attack
Defenders scrambling like dey life on de line to keep de ball out.
Molino telling his taco-eatin' opponent to  HYMC
T&T holds on to de draw with 80,000 screaming deafening noise

Yes we struggled in midfield but .... Wow! Dah was a new achievement in Mexico with little time to prepare. The Pro:League is helping in many little subtle ways.

Nuff respect Eve. I always liked your spirit. :beermug: :beermug:

Nail biting stuff
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:30:43 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
Watched the game from start to finish. Big big reason to celebrate.
Packed stadium in de lion's den
T&T scores first and early shocking de crap out of Mexico.
Defense not bad and Bateau like a rock of Gibralta
Keeper Marchan looking good
Molino looking real sick and turning direction like a li'l Latas
Gay frightening de crap out of de Mexicans as a powerful solo striker on de counter attack
Defenders srambling likee dey life oon de line to keep de ball out.
Molino telling his taco eatin' opponent HYMC

Yes we struggled in midfield but .... Wow! Dah was a new achievement in Mexico with little time to prepare. The Pro:League is helping in many little subtle ways.

Nuff respect Eve. I always liked your spirit.

Nail biting stuff

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
Yeah, good post Zando, it's amazing eh, most TT football fans aware of the fact that with a proper admin and structured approach to the game at all levels, coupled with an improved domestic league that has some type of community/financial model; we would grow as a football nation.  I think we just forget that our effort in all of the above areas is half assed at best and as such strongly influences our results.  We all know, but I would like to think the patriotism blinds us temporarily at these types of moments.

PS:  Dat fat boy bigger dan me, cyar believe he make de cut, at firse ah was like, de water boy gehin ah sweat?

Ha ha I say the coach taking a run. He and Marcus Joseph does look like 2 old man.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »

Lyrics to make a politician cringe!!  ... bring it brotha zando!!

not trying to be dramatic or anything.  but as discussed previously the US already done graduate their U-15 group and start a 32 player U-17 residency program. we have up and coming talent like Woo Ling, Duane Muckette, Akeen Garcia, young Rougier and a few others and the best opportunity they getting is intercol. when the U.S. bury we ass in about two years men go be shocked and bemoaning lack of pride in the rbw. as if pride could substitute for preparation.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »

BTW dreamer, the stadium capacity is 45,000. Seeing that it was a late invite and playing Mex. at home, a 1-1 tie is good. But we all know that our guys could have lost the game. It is ironic that I, being no friend of the current admin., was glad that they took the late invite to the Panam games. I think Panam and CAC games are important. Most men here don't feel so. I did not see the game, but from what I decipher, is that Mex. expose we big time. That is good. It shows them guys that they eh all that. They have to work on all aspect of their game. It appears that they picked up something from the ladies from yesterday. If they fighting spirit like the Princesses, then I okay with that....for now. Remember This tournament was supposed to be "practice/friendly" for the Olimpics. But if we win one of the remaining games, is a different ball game.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2011, 01:31:23 AM »
I missed the game but to draw with Mexico in Mexico is big and even if we didn't play well, the result can give the team some confidence by lifting their spirits. As for fat boy, when I watched the video a couple days ago of the team arriving in Mexico, I noticed a fat fella, I say tuh myself dat man hadda be on de technical staff, is no way in hell he could be a player on de squad...now I'm hearing he was running out against Mexico ???

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
WTF!!Yuh mean to tell me that people complaining bout this result,apart from Brazil,England and Argentina any other team in the world would be happy with this result.We are obviously not in the same class as the Mexicans as most of their squad are pros and the liklihood is that all their starting 11 are all pros.Our senior team couldn't beat Bermuda coz they defended like their lives depended on it,at least appreciate the fight the boys put up for a point,records will look better than a loss.

1]; } ?>