March 28, 2024, 03:16:49 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.  (Read 49932 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2011 Pan-American Games.
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
Hard luck dey fellas.

Good tournament. You represented us well. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Carry that "if only" feeling into the next tournament.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »
Very decent showing.  The youths knockin better than the senior squad. 

Agree 100%

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
So if the first team ketchin deh nenen to get friendlies, why they can't play matches against this team.  The Olympic team will get better and maybe push the First team for spots.  It would be better than playing India and Grenada or Barbados.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
Very decent showing.  The youths knockin better than the senior squad. 
dey knocking good ball but dey need to drive shot frm top of the box when dey have the chance.. I saw 3 times dey could have let it fly in the second half... anyway di  goal scored by TNT was boss....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
People think that this team could beat Guyana but that is yutes against men that is totally different.Men will always beat boys but one or 2 should be given a chance with the senior team,Gay for example.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
Well done young lads, looking forward to your progress
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
I watching the highlights of the Mens Handball final here. I eh go lie, Argentina and Brazil love to beat each other in any sport.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
Gotta give Angus some credit.  He did well with the same team that Vranes couldn't do nuttin with (or am I mistaken?).  Proud of those kids, it will do wonders for their confidence both as individuals and as a team.   :applause:
Arimian to meh heart

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Tremendous effort from the players and staff. With a full strength team we would have beaten the pants off Uraguay. Molino and Gay stood out for me. Glenroy Samuel will have to work real hard to regain #1 goalkeeper spot from Andre Marchan. With Hyland, De Silva and Paul in the mid opposition tactics should break down faster in the middle of the park and T&T should be moving more fluidly top the box. Gay seems to be a player in the mould of KJ who will benefit greatly from good service and form a good partnership with a nippy forward to lay off to. Caesar, Britto, Cordell Cato, Yohan Peltier or Garvin Samaroo come to mind. Jake Thompson as wide option will definitely improve service.

Add in Primus, Bentick and Cyrus as CB options, Adams, Jevon Morris and Curtis Gonzales as WBs, Rochford as a holding mid or right wing and we have a stellar squad with depth in every department.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
Video Highlights of the game T&T vs Uruguay:

http://deportesus.terra.com/road-to-2012/videos/0,,342459,00-futbol-grupo-a-uru-1-1-tri-.html

Good stuff!!

I thought the keeper could have done better on the goal, an early step across and he wouldve got there.

Congrats fellas.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HnpdvxvLbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-HnpdvxvLbY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:03 PM »
brazil gone home with 2 loss and a tie.

we top them in the overall standings...harder group too.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/panamericanos/futbol/varonil/posiciones

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
Angus Eve, his staff and the players have all done a very good job in Guadalajara, but let's not get carried away. These South American teams are Under 20s, by and large, so we need to temper our response and not begin seeing ourselves automatically qualifying for London 2012 and beyond. We also need to be careful in comparing coaches. Vranes did not coach this Under 23 team in competition. He had the Under 20 team, which failed in Guatemala in CONCACAF qualifying for Colombia 2011, and was replaced as Under 23 coach by his assistant, Eve. Let's not forget that Vranes helped to write our country's football history by taking an Under 20 team to Egypt 2009. Finally, let's also remember that Jamaica finished second at the Brasil Pan-American Games of 2009. I do not know how many members of that Jamaican team are now in their country's senior squad but it will be interesting to watch the progress of our Gaudalajara generation.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »
Angus Eve, his staff and the players have all done a very good job in Guadalajara, but let's not get carried away. These South American teams are Under 20s, by and large, so we need to temper our response and not begin seeing ourselves automatically qualifying for London 2012 and beyond. We also need to be careful in comparing coaches. Vranes did not coach this Under 23 team in competition. He had the Under 20 team, which failed in Guatemala in CONCACAF qualifying for Colombia 2011, and was replaced as Under 23 coach by his assistant, Eve. Let's not forget that Vranes helped to write our country's football history by taking an Under 20 team to Egypt 2009. Finally, let's also remember that Jamaica finished second at the Brasil Pan-American Games of 2009. I do not know how many members of that Jamaican team are now in their country's senior squad but it will be interesting to watch the progress of our Gaudalajara generation.
All valid points.  I agree with you for the most part. 

Taking that into consideration, maybe these are the types of results we need to instill confidence as a group.  Most times we go to these tournaments, get we licks and come home.  So I agree, we shouldn't get carried away but give credit where credit is due and Angus deserves some credit.  Additionally, this team didn't have much preparations so I think it was definitely a worthwhile investment. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:18 PM »

You can see the ages of the players on the website... Uruguay by and large was the same age as our players... they even had a man born in 86 on de team.
In any case, I know these countries don't really rate the panamerican games as important as some other regional tournaments
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »

I don't think anybody is expecting automatic qualification for the Olympics, but its looking better than the senior's chances for Brazil. As far as tempering expectations, most of us know the record of this team in its various incarnations and they have twice done us proud. As far as I am concerned all we require is for them to play at their very best. Even if we don't qualify then the hell with the Olympics. A lot of these guys only experience prior to this is playing Grenada, Dominica and Curacao, so playing Mexico, Uraguay and Equador as well as top Caribbean competition is an excellent start to international competition that will serve us well regardless of the Olympics.

Now they can start to fall in with the seniors, and the TTFF can/should start do its job and begin U-15, U-17 and U-20 screening ASAP
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
Actually, most of the players who represented TNT in South Korea 2007 (Under 17) and Egypt 2009 (Under 20) haven't made it into this team for one reason or another, but I hear you. I believe Eve needs to revisit these guys as one cannot discount that kind of experience. Now, if the TTFF would only get itself together, but if wishes were horses, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:33:33 PM by president »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »
This team just making me sad  :(
because they making me think about all de wasted generations that come and gone...
look what half a program could do...

I remember that team what Ron La Forest coach  :frustrated:

also... can we really discount de role that de Pro league playing in dese guys development?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HnpdvxvLbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-HnpdvxvLbY</a>

STEUPS!!!!!!! Man look at the piece ah stupid goal Uruaguay Equalize with...Anyways...hard luck fellas...Good try!!
We could have won it though!!!
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2011, 04:08:26 PM »
Good work there Youths!  Unbeaten!  Nice Job Coach Eve :beermug:    Hoping for even better results in the future

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
Pfister should use this team and build with it end of story.....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
The linesman in this Mexico - Bazil women's semi want to have a riot on she hands. Call back the Mexican equalizer for offside.
Good call.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:52 PM »
did anyone recorded the game?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
Pfister should use this team and build with it end of story.....

why did they beat their opponents ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
Congrats to our team on a great tournament.

I know I am being a killjoy, but I really hope the TTFF doh find ah a way to miss this golden opportunity to build a team for 2018. I REALLY hope so.

Or it goh be the same song and dance again and there will be same conversations on this board.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »
Without seeing any video clips or reading the previous posts, I say hats off to the team.   
:applause: :applause:

Not bad, not bad at all....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »

STEUPS!!!!!!! Man look at the piece ah stupid goal Uruaguay Equalize with...Anyways...hard luck fellas...Good try!!
We could have won it though!!!

As Warmonga said, they should not have given the Uruguayan player so much time to line up his shot. They will have to work on the defensive part of their game.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2011, 07:15:42 PM »
Gotta give Angus some credit.  He did well with the same team that Vranes couldn't do nuttin with (or am I mistaken?).  Proud of those kids, it will do wonders for their confidence both as individuals and as a team.   :applause:

Yes your are mistaken.  Angus running on Vranes work right now.  No offense.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
I'll tell you this much I haven't seen a national team in a next team box as much as these fellas have been.  I'm happy to see that.  That speaks for fitness and confidence.  The defense is still a little heart attack for me.   :applause:   Good tourney lads.  Yuh ain't loose. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>