April 19, 2024, 06:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Should the media be allowed to show dead bodies on TV and in papers?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find it sickening that dignity is robbed of dead people just to grab some headlines. Last week, when the lady was dismembered on the highway, graphic images were shown of police collecting body parts. The son of the victim said he received a bbm message with a picture and the status "thigh and fries". The footage was all over the social networks.

Can you imagine the horror and upset of this lady's family and friends knowing her death was a source of tittilation for the public?

Then tonight, a very excited Ian Alleyne should footage of the 3 people killed at El Soccorro last night. Alleyne is turning into the grim reaper. What was he and Lalla doing there? Maybe one of the drivers was over the limit, but this isn't relevent to CrimeWatch. There was no criminal to hunt down. It was pure vulturism. You could see the buzz Alleyne got from the blood and broken bodies, while he laughed and joked with the emergency personnel and the victims families being filmed identifying the bodies.

The police shouldn't let cameras within a hundred yards. Instead of covering the bodies with rags and plastic, a tent should be erected around the body and the morticians should remove the bodies unseen.

An accident investigation should take place, in which case only officers in sterile suits should be admitted to the scene.

I can only imagine the impression this kind of footage gives people in other countries. Its gruesome and needless, and whether a body is a hardened criminal or an innocent pedestrian, the feelings of the families should be the first consideration.

Dignity in death? Not in T&T. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should the media be allowed to show dead bodies on TV and in papers?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:01 AM »
Breds , ah know you from ah first world country so your expectations are as high as a kite, but let me just give a formal introduction if you've never received one.

WELCOME TO MONKEY LAND, home of the clueless and the regardless. a place where white color crime goes unpunished, except in the case of U.S. extradition, the land where politicians make all the rules and are free to break them whenever necessary. a place where skulduggery is the order of the day, and professionalism has no place.

where crooks in suites are dime a dozen, and care givers seldom trod. the land of the politically ded, and the know it alls who rarely have ah solitary clue, abide. where the word "power to the ppl" is more of a cliche than anything else. ah place that has ah chasm that separates the haves from the ass catchers.

the land of the phat pocket syrians, better known as the untouchables who parade around the place undetected in their multi million dollar yachts and the mercades de with golden trim (kinda like de boy wid de golden gun), when ever yuh see one is like seeing an extraterrestrial.

ah place where customer service is ah mortal sin, and being professional is considered showing off. that's the place yuh choose tuh call home sir.  it's ah hell of a lot to sacrifice for sunshine, old oak and ah phat round bamsee if yuh ask me.  (yuh eh see the fool wid de golden gun ride out only to be seen on vacation from time to time.) he knows what time it iz.   
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:43:58 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:39:40 AM »
Breds , ah know you from ah first world country so your expectations are as high as a kite, but let me just give a formal introduction if you've never received one.

WELCOME TO MONKEY LAND, home of the clueless and the regardless. a place where white color crime goes unpunished, except in the case of U.S. extradition, the land where politicians make all the rules and are free to break them whenever necessary. a place where skulduggery is the order of the day, and professionalism has no place.

where crooks in suites are dime a dozen, and care givers seldom trod. the land of the politically ded, and the know it alls who rarely have ah solitary clue, abide. where the word "power to the ppl" is more of a cliche than anything else. ah place that has ah chasm that separates the haves from the ass catchers.

the land of the phat pocket syrians, better known as the untouchables who parade around the place undetected in their multi million dollar yachts and the mercades de with golden trim (kinda like de boy wid de golden gun), when ever yuh see one is like seeing an extraterrestrial.

ah place where customer service is ah mortal sin, and being professional is considered showing off. that's the place yuh choose tuh call home sir.  it's ah hell of a lot to sacrifice for sunshine, old oak and ah phat round bamsee if yuh ask me.  (yuh eh see the fool wid de golden gun ride out only to be seen on vacation from time to time.) he knows what time it iz.   

I hear you...but ah love it!!!  Maybe one of the reasons I decided to stay here is because I want to help to bring change??

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:19:46 AM »
yuh ever notice dat d police does handle evidence with no gloves...............dat mister crime watch does be trampling allover crime scenes he happen to be at, dat ah gov't so addicted to headlines more interested in dispayin supposedly captured guns dan having them tested, there is zero adherence to proper crime scene and evidence gathering procedure in dis country ......ZERO..............and when yuh ask ah question d fus ting dem jackass does want to tell yuh is .."yuh watchin too much CSI" steups ....................imagine we had a bombing here in d city ah few years ago and d commish and MNS ............likin flamz like we trinis do decided dat it was ah good idea to "make ah grand entrance" in ah helicopter blow way a set ah potential evidence...................I sure d police training manuals still from 1962 or whatever
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »

F@#k off with yuh constant :bs: and washing yuh stink mouth on T&T nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »

I hear you...but ah love it!!!  Maybe one of the reasons I decided to stay here is because I want to help to bring change??

If only more Trinis who living on the outside and know better had your attitude T&T would quickly become the best places to live in the world! :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:21:38 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
yuh ever notice dat d police does handle evidence with no gloves...............dat mister crime watch does be trampling allover crime scenes he happen to be at, dat ah gov't so addicted to headlines more interested in dispayin supposedly captured guns dan having them tested, there is zero adherence to proper crime scene and evidence gathering procedure in dis country ......ZERO..............and when yuh ask ah question d fus ting dem jackass does want to tell yuh is .."yuh watchin too much CSI" steups ....................imagine we had a bombing here in d city ah few years ago and d commish and MNS ............likin flamz like we trinis do decided dat it was ah good idea to "make ah grand entrance" in ah helicopter blow way a set ah potential evidence...................I sure d police training manuals still from 1962 or whatever

Too much gallery and not enough proper police work and evidence gathering is why so many criminals are on the loose in T&T!
Not sure what Gibbs with all his supposing first world crime solving expertise is actually doing besides collecting a hefty paycheque!
How much has the T&T police force improved in their crime solving procedures if at all since Gibbs has been in charge and how many big fish are now behind bars as a consequence?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:13:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:41:14 AM »

Yuh see what i'm talking about FS? ah classic case of misplaced "so called" patriotism. he loves trini, but only from the comfort of his american living room.

he's one of these "super trinis" who defends trini from ah distance,especially when a fellow trinibagonian expresses the disgusting facts about the place! well mr ELAN, if yuh love trinidad so much, then why de fack don't you leave yuh "comfortable" job and go back home tuh make ah monkey's salary coaching lil black and indain girls? then and only then could you express that kind of sentiment to me yuh pots!

you come like the cowardly dog who's master is being attacked in the house by ah violent thief, and runs outside in the yard just tuh bark and act like yuh doin something, when instead yuh should be in the house throwing bite and taking blade for the cause.      yuhs ah real  :joker: oui.

PS: even golden gun have more brushgung than you, and he's ah sh!tsnake. @ least he would bleed for the cause, but you? is only rum talk you does be runnin.    :clown:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:35:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

Yuh see what i'm talking about FS? ah classic case of misplaced "so called" patriotism. he loves trini, but only from the comfort of his american living room.

he's one of these "super trinis" who defends trini from ah distance,especially when a fellow trinibagonian expresses the disgusting facts about the place! well mr ELAN, if yuh love trinidad so much, then why de fack don't you leave yuh "comfortable" job and go back home tuh make ah monkey's salary coaching lil black and indain girls? then and only then you could express that kind of sentiment to me yuh pots!

you come like the cowardly dog who's master is being attacked in the house by ah violent thief, and runs outside in the yard just tuh bark and act like yuh doin something, when instead yuh should be in the house throwing bite and taking blade for the cause.      yuhs ah real  :joker: oui.

PS: even golden gun have more brushgung than you, and he's ah sh!tsnake. @ least he would bleed for the cause, but you? is only rum talk you does be runnin.    :clown:

You is an arse big time, all you could do is talk and bump yuh freaking stink mouth on everything about nothing. Talking about all bark. Listen tuh yuhself yuh clown. You always quick to bad talk T&T, talking about Monkey Country. Who talking about patriotism, yuh idiot. It have nothing to do with Patriotism and where you living.

Yuh so F@#King stupid, you hear me defend anything, I telling you yuh mouth stink and yuh stupid. You could say all what yuh want and try to come up with all the old talk yuh want about who what, where and when. Yuh F@#kin chupid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »

he's one of these "super trinis" who defends trini from ah distance,especially when a fellow trinibagonian expresses the disgusting facts about the place! well mr ELAN, if yuh love trinidad so much, then why de fack don't you leave yuh "comfortable" job and go back home tuh make ah monkey's salary coaching lil black and indain girls? then and only then you could express that kind of sentiment to me yuh pots!

You is an arse big time, all you could do is talk and bump yuh freaking stink mouth on everything about nothing. Talking about all bark. Listen tuh yuhself yuh clown. You always quick to bad talk T&T, talking about Monkey Country. Who talking about patriotism, yuh idiot. It have nothing to do with Patriotism and where you living.

Yuh so F@#King stupid, you hear me defend anything, I telling you yuh mouth stink and yuh stupid. You could say all what yuh want and try to come up with all the old talk yuh want about who what, where and when. Yuh F@#kin chupid.
I totally forgot that i was engaging a retard oui.

all you did was throw insults around in ah desperate attempt to make your self seem like you have a view, but did not show any evidence that i was talking falsely about you beloved T&T.  :yapping:

whereas i engaged FS with the raw facts about T&T and you got terribly offended. well buddy boy, if yuh doh like the truth then you should be watching connon o' brian, or reruns of the gong show while jerking off on yuh sofa, instead of coming on the general discussion forum fighting talk with semi intellectuals.

if T&T is ah half arse anyhow underachieving country, governed by ah bunch of brainless monkeys, then what dah fack do you want me to say? the place well cork, yuh moke!!

BTW schmucko, i wasn't bad talking trinidad, i was truth talking it! like i said, if yuh doh like the truth, then keep yuh head in the fackin sand and don't ever come up not even for air.

it's ppl like you who have T&T in the state it's in, by not confronting the ills that plague the place, but would rather sweep all the dutt under the rug so the neighbors could say yuh keep ah clean house instead of exposing your dirt and throwing in out in the open.

you would make ah good trinidad politician, bc yuh have all the requirements down pack. yuh clueless, yuh ignorant, yuh hate the truth, and yuh quite comfortable and satisfied with mediocrity.

PS: GG sends his regards. :devil:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:38:17 PM by just cool »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 11:04:22 PM »
Well, this is going well!!

Saw another film on TV of the 21 year old diver who drowned at Point Fortin. They showed his body, still in his diving suit, bloated and stiff with rigamortis. Is there no shame with these people.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »
They also showed Gaddhafi's body on TV today but at least that is a one off as opposed to a regular occurrence like we love to do on T&T TV.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »

I totally forgot that i was engaging a retard oui.

all you did was throw insults around in ah desperate attempt to make your self seem like you have a view, but did not show any evidence that i was talking falsely about you beloved T&T.  :yapping:

whereas i engaged FS with the raw facts about T&T and you got terribly offended. well buddy boy, if yuh doh like the truth then you should be watching connon o' brian, or reruns of the gong show while jerking off on yuh sofa, instead of coming on the general discussion forum fighting talk with semi intellectuals.

if T&T is ah half arse anyhow underachieving country, governed by ah bunch of brainless monkeys, then what dah fack do you want me to say? the place well cork, yuh moke!!

BTW schmucko, i wasn't bad talking trinidad, i was truth talking it! like i said, if yuh doh like the truth, then keep yuh head in the fackin sand and don't ever come up not even for air.

it's ppl like you who have T&T in the state it's in, by not confronting the ills that plague the place, but would rather sweep all the dutt under the rug so the neighbors could say yuh keep ah clean house instead of exposing your dirt and throwing in out in the open.

you would make ah good trinidad politician, bc yuh have all the requirements down pack. yuh clueless, yuh ignorant, yuh hate the truth, and yuh quite comfortable and satisfied with mediocrity.

PS: GG sends his regards. :devil:

Yuh right T&T is ah Monkey Country and I stupid for being insulted by the truth.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Well, this is going well!!

Saw another film on TV of the 21 year old diver who drowned at Point Fortin. They showed his body, still in his diving suit, bloated and stiff with rigamortis. Is there no shame with these people.

I think they seriously need to stop that. It's seem it numbing people to violence.

However, I have seen on many US major networks images of bodies, etc, mind not US citizens, buut those of foriegner in other countries.  :-\

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
just cool, I doh agree with elan plenty, but yuh real f**king stupid and dotish in trute..and yuh laways have my gun in yuh mouth, spit it out and put annoder man pipe in it yuh nasty cyat hole fowl f**ker.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »
Elan, just cool has a point too, the people of T&T real jokey sometimes.   They does accept all kinda shit as customer service, only take a few minutes to sing about comess and bobol in a calypso, accept all kinda shit from government...PP or PNM or UNC...and after carnival is abck to de same.

T&T is a ploace when your government in power, yuh could jail all de members ah de opposition, or sue dem in court, BUT..your peeps could chill and doh face no punishment.

T&T is really a kinda green fig republic.

As for the papers and the original post....the papers in T&T eh really know nutten about fact checking, they known for misleading headlines, the reporters (dem not journalists) doh even care to apply basic principles of english, grammar and puntuctaion...so yuh feel dem care about pictures ah decapitated bodies, mangled torsos, or what chirren or families of victims could care??? Steups/...Green Fig republic.

Littering anytime any place and den complaining about flooding??? Steups.

driving without seat belts, drinking and driving, speeding indiscriminately, killing people, carnage everyday...no political will to stop it, impotent police, fake ass SoE...and I not just bashing the PP eh...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »
Elan, just cool has a point too, the people of T&T real jokey sometimes.   They does accept all kinda shit as customer service, only take a few minutes to sing about comess and bobol in a calypso, accept all kinda shit from government...PP or PNM or UNC...and after carnival is abck to de same.

T&T is a ploace when your government in power, yuh could jail all de members ah de opposition, or sue dem in court, BUT..your peeps could chill and doh face no punishment.

As for the papers and the original post....the papers in T&T eh really know nutten about fact checking, they known for misleading headlines, the reporters (dem not journalists) doh even care to apply basic principles of english, grammar and puntuctaion...so yuh feel dem care about pictures ah decapitated bodies, mangled torsos, or what chirren or families of victims could care??? Steups/...Green Fig republic.

driving without seat belts, drinking and driving, speeding indiscriminately, killing people, carnage everyday...no political will to stop it, impotent police, fake ass SoE...and I not just bashing the PP eh...

Thank you sir!!  :salute:      i have tuh big yuh up for that.             and welcome back TT.   

PS: wham, yuh put the golden gun in ah treasure chest ahought?   :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 12:22:22 AM »
My gun was in yuh girl...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

I never tell him what he saying was wrong. He made ah lot of sense.

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »

I never tell him what he saying was wrong. He made ah lot of sense.

He delivery never that good...I understand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »
Just bringing back this thread after watching Ian Alleyne tonight. The man was in a morgue with the body of a young dead woman. He was handling the body, showing various wounds for the camera. Can you imagine that this is shown at 6pm? My God, they made no effort to hide the womans face. Imagine if you were her family or friend. Is there no dignity in death for victims when Alleyne is around?

How can Alleyne be allowed to do this? He is not a forensic pathologist, so what right does he have to touch a dead body? This man should be locked up.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 03:18:20 AM »
I honestly don't know what is the law for this type of thing. I also the believe the admin. allowing him to do so(giving him latitude or rope) to show the nation the brutaly of criminals and hence the justification for the SOE. To be honest, I am for the SOE and giving them killers "good wood'. But this kinder of reporting is disrepectful. He cross the line into sensationalism.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
I honestly don't know what is the law for this type of thing. I also the believe the admin. allowing him to do so(giving him latitude or rope) to show the nation the brutaly of criminals and hence the justification for the SOE. To be honest, I am for the SOE and giving them killers "good wood'. But this kinder of reporting is disrepectful. He cross the line into sensationalism.

That statement I've highlighted would make more sense to me if the average T&T citizen was a killer because everybody getting "good wood" under this SOE!

Also do you honestly believe that we actually need an SOE for the police to do their jobs properly and fight crime?

If you believe that then the government has somehow managed to bamboozle you too!

The real purpose of this SOE in my opinion is to take away the freedom of the average T&T citizen to move around especially Union workers who were planning a series of strikes which could have damaged the draconian plans of the government!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:27:11 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>