March 28, 2024, 06:53:50 AM

Author Topic: Glen, Leon, and Jorsling on trial at Song Lam Nghe An  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen, Leon, and Jorsling on trial at Song Lam Nghe An
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:39 AM »
Five foreign footballers on probation at Song Lam Nghe An
Talk Vietnam

Three members of the Trinidad & Tobago national squad, who played at World Cup 2006, and two others from Ivory Coast are probationers at Song Lam Nghe An FC.

Among them, the most outstanding player is Cornell Glen. Glen and Trinidad & Tobago national squad played very well at the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) Cup 2006 and entered World Cup 2006. Glen performed impressively in the games against Britain, Paraguay and Sweden.

At the age of 30, Cornell is now still a pillar of Trinidad & Tobago national squad on the way to World Cup 2014. He has played 62 matches and scored 23 goals for the team. He is the fifth leading goal scorer of the Trinidad & Tobago national squad so far.

Another famous player is halfback Clyde Leon, the captain of Trinidad & Tobago national squad at present. Leon, 27, has played 45 games for the national team.

The third player is Devorn Josling, who was the best striker at the Trinidad & Tobago national championship 2010 with 17 goals.

Striker Cornell impressed Song Lam Nghe An’s managers during the drilling on October 17 for his professional style, enthusiasm and quick integration with Vietnamese players.

Halfback Leon also impressed Song Lam Nghe An’s curators for his nice run and ability to make a save, take the ball back and launch attack. Clyde made two goals during the drilling.

After four foreign players left the team after V-League 2011, Song Lam Nghe An is recruiting new faces. Besides three players from Trinidad & Tobago, two others from Ivory Coast are also on probation.

Song Lam Nghe An’s director Nguyen Hong Thanh said the FC would recruit four foreign players for V-League 2012. More foreign players will be tested in the coming time.

In the past two years, this team recruited many good foreign players from Africa and Central America.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:50:26 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nghe An to sign Cornell Glen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:31:23 AM »
Great news,hope Leon signs too.I wonder why the other foreign players left a champion team?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nghe An to sign Cornell Glen
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:34:08 AM »
Nghe An to sign former Trinidad & Tobago striker
Viet Nam News

V-League champion Song Lam Nghe An are expected to sign striker Cornell Glen for the coming season.

The 30-year-old from Trinidad&Tobago wore the national jersey for 59 matches and scored 23 goals. He was called into the national team for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, pairing with former Manchester United player Dwight Yorke in several matches.

He is expected to replace foreign players who left the team after a successful season.

Apart from Cornell, Nghe An are also testing defensive midfielder Clyde Leon, 29, also from Trinidad&Tobago.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Glen, Leon, and Jorsling on trial at Song Lam Nghe An
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »
I eh know Josrling and Leon played at the 2006 WC....

Steups....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
i eh know cornell is d pillar for 2014..ah miss somting?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
Good to see our players progressing...next step J league and hopefully soon we'll get to the A-league

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
Viet Nam may provide a dollar but it ain't no platform to build a career on man...

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Good to see our players progressing...next step J league and hopefully soon we'll get to the A-league

J League better than d A League by a good bit, not so?

If them men playing in Vietnam, I was not calling them up. Sorry

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »

d problem wit dat is dat one of d real live wires in d team going dey too Hughton Hector is ah deal breakin in dat respect, he continues to prove himself to be our most valuable asset in dis campaign.....for me anyway
I pity the fool....

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »
i think these players need to look into the future of their career. In Vietnam, I hope the league is very competitive and scouts can view there skills. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 02:34:18 AM »
Allyuh fellas ever consider that maybe these men looking at the opportunities because thats whats available for them?
Countries like Vietnam them trying to lift their level so they offer ok pay incentives to get players from less developed football countries cuz more than likely they not getting many european players to come.
Lets be honest our league is offering nothing and if yuh could get pay in euros or us  its a better move.
A man's choices is the result of his options ... I understand where Pfister coming from but at the end of the day his plate full these young fellas have to eat ah food!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 03:37:42 AM »
Viet Nam may provide a dollar but it ain't no platform to build a career on man...

Stop for a second and consider the players, just like you, first priority is to feed their families. I am sure all the players who are going off to vietnam would have stayed right in T&T(or Jamaica) if they could earn the same $$ they are getting in Vietnam...or they would stay in T&T if they could get the same $$ the get in India etc. They woud gladly go to PSG for more money if they had the opportunity.  Your first priority is always to put food in your mouth, to keep your kids in school etc....career is just the by product....and national team is icing on the cake. The vLeague is a fully professional league, it may not be to the standard of the English Premiere league, but it provides better pay and structure than anything in the caribbean, and i bet its better than the A-league in the US. Jamaica has sent a number of players to Vietnam, there is something in it for the clubs as well who get a transfer fee.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:41:03 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 04:16:11 AM »

I think MEP was sarcastically implying to move up the alphabet from V to J then to A...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
Allyuh have any idea how long it will take the players to fly home from Vietnam for an international match? Jeez I hope them men bankin, cuz it almost doh make sense to call them back for the national squad. I doh even know if their club would let them leave for the length of time it takes to travel home, play the match and fly back.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:01 AM »
Allyuh have any idea how long it will take the players to fly home from Vietnam for an international match? Jeez I hope them men bankin, cuz it almost doh make sense to call them back for the national squad. I doh even know if their club would let them leave for the length of time it takes to travel home, play the match and fly back.

These fellas was playing for de national team when dey were in faraway clubs:
Australia - Yorke
China - Dwarika, Glasgow, Rougier
Japan - Spann

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
It would be interesting to find out how effective these named players were after traveling that distance. Do we have any match ratings for matches they played for the national team while employed by these clubs?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »
Was Jorsling released from Orlando?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »
I aint know nah, personally going to Vietnam is a real scene.
Having been there and spent time there, that place reaaaal flikking far. Second, its like a whole different world. Culturally them men will be in a daze. I can guarantee you that. The food over there real different, I hope them fellas aint get too nashy. And we aint talk about the language thing yet.

Simply put, just going over there is a big gamble.
Vietnam as a football country is rank shithong.
I am sure their league standard aint much better. I but their top clubs aint that different to T&T top clubs.

But I am very sure they pay good, cause their club games are very well supported.

So as RF say, the main thing is to make a dollar for your family, so man will take it and local clubs will get something.

I have no idea why our players dont have connections to go to Latin America or even France or Spain or more to portugal. If you could understand Vietnamese you could more than cope with Spanish.

We really need to get back in the top 75 in the rankings yes.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »
It would be interesting to find out how effective these named players were after traveling that distance. Do we have any match ratings for matches they played for the national team while employed by these clubs?

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »

it was said tongue in cheek......

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
WTF  :frustrated:  :frustrated:  :frustrated:  :frustrated:
Hart for president

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen scores winner for Song Lam Nghe
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »
Glen scores winner for Song Lam Nghe

www.trinidadexpress.com

Trinidad and Tobago international striker Cornell Glen came off the bench in the 61st minute and scored in the 80th to give Song Lam Nghe a 1-0 victory over Thanh Hóa in a seven-team pre-season tournament in Vietnam.

Glen, 30, has signed with the Vietnam League champions who are currently in pre-season training.

The V-League season opens on December 31. Glen's club Song Lam Nghe will see their first action on New Year's Day.

1]; } ?>