April 18, 2024, 08:57:55 PM

Author Topic: Marvel vs. DC Comics - In the near future  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Marvel vs. DC Comics - In the near future
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
Rumors have it that there will be a clash of the comic book titans in coming years....

The question is, which side will you choose  :duel:

Keep in mind there was a few issues printed on the epic battle many years ago, I believe this will be the war of all wars in comic book history :o

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel vs. DC Comics - In the near future
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
Have the whole series from last round bro.  Found it a bit disappointing mainly due to the storyline (which is difficult in itself to but so many characters into one story) if they split it up it might be ok; some of the matchups were real poor; and artwork was less than desired.

If this is true, hope a lot of effort is put into the artwork and story line.

I'm a Marvel guy all the way except DC's Batman who is the best comic book character ever.  And since Peter Parker dead, this new Spiderman ain't gonna cause any damage.

whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
Have the whole series from last round bro.  Found it a bit disappointing mainly due to the storyline (which is difficult in itself to but so many characters into one story) if they split it up it might be ok; some of the matchups were real poor; and artwork was less than desired.

I'm a Marvel guy all the way except DC's Batman who is the best comic book character ever.  And since Peter Parker dead, this new Spiderman ain't gonna cause any damage.

the same problems i had when i read the series as well, the artwork was terrible, but i believe they will revise it and come up with a better storyline and match ups, plus they need to get rid of ryan reynalds as green lantern, i love how they are re booting superman right now with nolan and snyder, it will be very good.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
my bad, it's a movie they doing?  That will be sick.

yeh Superman looks good if that's the case.  Ryan reynolds was a boss Deadpool.  SO they should incorporate Deadpool for the movie.
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »
my bad, it's a movie they doing?  That will be sick.

yeh Superman looks good if that's the case.  Ryan reynolds was a boss Deadpool.  SO they should incorporate Deadpool for the movie.

yea he played deadpool well, his lantern was lame but that was mainly because of the writers and bad casting, a re boot is needed before they launch dc vs marvel imo

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »

Peter Parker is dead what ! for real dead . Btw marvel run things ,Hulk could one on one nearly every one of there guys .

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »
A black man in de white house
and a black man spinning webs now

but only in de Ultimate universe... in de regular Marvel universe Peter Parker going strong.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »
honestly, de marvel comics well running dry. de CG hulk movies were ridiculous. spiderman in a tailspin. xmen is about as good as it gets but even that is hit and miss.

dc doing better. batman replace superman as de franchise going from campy to tragic (heath ledger). dey keep talking about wonder woman but in this day and age that never getting made least of all with a 70s lynda carter kind of style. dey probably turn ww into a lesbo just for spite.

de efforts outside of marvel and dc are decent. i liked the watchmen, hellboy, even spawn.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »

but only in de Ultimate universe... in de regular Marvel universe Peter Parker going strong.

i enjoy the ultimate universe and have always enjoyed it since inception  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
honestly, de marvel comics well running dry. de CG hulk movies were ridiculous. spiderman in a tailspin. xmen is about as good as it gets but even that is hit and miss.

dc doing better. batman replace superman as de franchise going from campy to tragic (heath ledger). dey keep talking about wonder woman but in this day and age that never getting made least of all with a 70s lynda carter kind of style. dey probably turn ww into a lesbo just for spite.

de efforts outside of marvel and dc are decent. i liked the watchmen, hellboy, even spawn.

good talk as well, dc is leading the pack with the nolan batman and now nolan and snyder with superman which i expect to be huge, i enjoyed watchmen but i thought it could have been better written and dragged a little too much for me, casting decisions were poor, spawn(mcfarlane) has a great story line, but also needs a reboot, mcfarlane has been in pre production for a while with a reboot but no word as yet.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »
Peter Parker is dead what ! for real dead . Btw marvel run things ,Hulk could one on one nearly every one of there guys .

Hulk ain't taking Superman.  Already matched up and lost.

good talk as well, dc is leading the pack with the nolan batman and now nolan and snyder with superman which i expect to be huge, i enjoyed watchmen but i thought it could have been better written and dragged a little too much for me, casting decisions were poor, spawn(mcfarlane) has a great story line, but also needs a reboot, mcfarlane has been in pre production for a while with a reboot but no word as yet.

Watchmen was visually entertaining because it looked like the graphic novel.  But agreed, it was not smooth.  Alan Moore refused to watch it.  Didn't do the novel the justice it was deserved.

Would love to see Spawn and all those Image comics get a chance for the screen like Wildcats, Gen 13...
they had the best art and pretty solid storylines.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:12:53 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »

Barack say he black, so he black...

Spidey half latino... ;D

whey boy!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »

Hulk ain't taking Superman.  Already matched up and lost.

Watchmen was visually entertaining because it looked like the graphic novel.  But agreed, it was not smooth.  Alan Moore refused to watch it.  Didn't do the novel the justice it was deserved.

Would love to see Spawn and all those Image comics get a chance for the screen like Wildcats, Gen 13...
they had the best art and pretty solid storylines.
Exactly how ,wait till hulk gets bored from smashing while superman talk his head off and hulk realize hes not a bad guy .Once superman keeps making him mad, superman will be dead.
But i never read that comic ,so i didnt see the fight .i did see hulk vs thor that was epic too .

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:11:10 PM by Quags »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »

ok good ,cant kill peter hes the second greatest scientist after mr. fantastic.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »

ok good ,cant kill peter hes the second greatest scientist after mr. fantastic.

breds you have some catching up to do  :D

right now the comic book world is moving fast fast

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »

I disagree. DC has more iconic characters than Marvel but the only one that they having any success with is Batman. Superman Returns was a mess.

Now Batman is easily the best comic book movie franchise but Marvel has had more success with more characters. They have been able to get people to go see Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man and even the X-Men mess they had this summer make money.

Meanwhile DC couldn't even get good play out of Green Lantern. And after that DC have nothing superhero related. Marvel have enough "hits" to make people forget Ghost Rider, FF, Daredevil and Elektra. Along with Halle Berry Catwoman that might be the 4 shittiest comic movies in recent memory.

On the other hand DC has been much more successful with their animated movies than Marvel but them thing don't make big money.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »

I disagree. DC has more iconic characters than Marvel but the only one that they having any success with is Batman. Superman Returns was a mess.

Now Batman is easily the best comic book movie franchise but Marvel has had more success with more characters. They have been able to get people to go see Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man and even the X-Men mess they had this summer make money.

Meanwhile DC couldn't even get good play out of Green Lantern. And after that DC have nothing superhero related. Marvel have enough "hits" to make people forget Ghost Rider, FF, Daredevil and Elektra. Along with Halle Berry Catwoman that might be the 4 shittiest comic movies in recent memory.

On the other hand DC has been much more successful with their animated movies than Marvel but them thing don't make big money.

Lol... you go think I disagreeing just to be disgreeable... but I really have to take issue with this.  After Superman and Batman who are DC's iconic characters?  Other than them two the next big names in the comic pantheon is Spiderman, Hulk and Captain America. Note I eh even mention man like Wolverine (and the rest ah X-men), Black Panther, Thor or IronMan.  Could just be my personal bias though.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 04:48:11 AM »

Lol... you go think I disagreeing just to be disgreeable... but I really have to take issue with this.  After Superman and Batman who are DC's iconic characters?  Other than them two the next big names in the comic pantheon is Spiderman, Hulk and Captain America. Note I eh even mention man like Wolverine (and the rest ah X-men), Black Panther, Thor or IronMan.  Could just be my personal bias though.

Disagreement is not a problem, is all opinions.

Actually you could ask after Superman and Batman who iconic superheroes in general. By icons I talking about characters who, before the general public would know something about. Them too so far ahead of anybody else that there is no comparison.

Batman and Superman are easily recognizable by the general non comic public after decades of being in pop culture. The most recognizable 3 from Marvel would be Spider-Man, Hulk and Captain America but Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern have similar status. After that, before this last 20 years of movies none of the properties were mainstream.

If you asked the man in the street about Iron Man, Green Lantern, Thor, FF, Wolverine or even the X-Men and the Avengers they might recognize they exist but could tell you little else. They certainly never hear bout Black Panther, a character that never had a long running series or a cartoon or TV series.

Whereas for Batman and Superman they could tell you details like: alter ego's name, describe a costume, and name a key villain they couldn't do it for most of all the others. Just think about who oblivious people would be to: The Mandarin, Sinestro, Loki, Doctor Doom, Sabretooth and teh Red Skull/Baron Zemo compared to Lex Luthor and the Joker.

My point was DC have two legitimate blue chip franchises and can't even do one of them right while Marvel milking what are by comparison a set of pop culture scrubs for good coin. Marvel is doing a better job.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

Disagreement is not a problem, is all opinions.

Actually you could ask after Superman and Batman who iconic superheroes in general. By icons I talking about characters who, before the general public would know something about. Them too so far ahead of anybody else that there is no comparison.

Batman and Superman are easily recognizable by the general non comic public after decades of being in pop culture. The most recognizable 3 from Marvel would be Spider-Man, Hulk and Captain America but Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern have similar status. After that, before this last 20 years of movies none of the properties were mainstream.

If you asked the man in the street about Iron Man, Green Lantern, Thor, FF, Wolverine or even the X-Men and the Avengers they might recognize they exist but could tell you little else. They certainly never hear bout Black Panther, a character that never had a long running series or a cartoon or TV series.

Whereas for Batman and Superman they could tell you details like: alter ego's name, describe a costume, and name a key villain they couldn't do it for most of all the others. Just think about who oblivious people would be to: The Mandarin, Sinestro, Loki, Doctor Doom, Sabretooth and teh Red Skull/Baron Zemo compared to Lex Luthor and the Joker.

My point was DC have two legitimate blue chip franchises and can't even do one of them right while Marvel milking what are by comparison a set of pop culture scrubs for good coin. Marvel is doing a better job.

I can understand the perspective of JDB, he is looking at it from a quality vs. quantity argument, superman and batman are basically household names. I am happy that Nolan and Goyer are taking their time with Snyder to develop a new Superman franchise to outdo the previous versions, and put Superman in the category of the new Batman trilogy that Nolan has done such a successful job with.

Looking back at the Spiderman movie series, I realize it could have been done much better, especially being one of the very few iconic characters in comic book history. The reboot IMO will be better, because they actually have dept in the back story, the protagonist is darker, more realistic and can relate to the average kid, they also have made it a lot more mature, I believe the Toby McGuire Spiderman will pale in comparison to the new franchise, of course that is left to be seen but from previews and what I have read, it seems to have more substance than previously. Marvel are starting to make movies like fast food, DC are spending the time to develop the script and spending time on casting to make sure they are a hit, mainly attributed to the fact they have a limited supply of high profile protagonists to choose from.

Marvel I believe should also adopt this approach with developing their movies, not to say they are doing an absolute terrible job but with their line-up of characters and resources from Disney they should really take the time to make sure it lasts and are impeccable in terms of quality.

Green Lantern was a big flop for DC, they really missed the boat on that franchise but what you learn with the movie business is that the crowd is willing to forgive and Lantern will get a second chance at the box office.

Movies like Wolverine, Iron man and even Thor had exceptional directors but the writers were lacking, it is hard to beat the Goyer/Nolan combo of writing and directing. Marvel got the casting right with Downey, Jackman and Hemsworth but the writing let the directors down on many occasions.

Once again this will come down to critics, comic book fans, the screenwriters, the quality vs. quantity argument and lastly most not least, the box office, but with the box office it can be very deceiving because marketing and promotion is 90% of the reason why most mediocre movies in terms of writing and casting do well.

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »
hmmmmm!! i go say DC all the way!!.............marvel is just purely fantasy and....irrelevent in there story lines!!!!! in my book!!!!

1]; } ?>