March 28, 2024, 06:44:40 PM

Author Topic: FIFA opens 10 more Caribbean bribery cases (iz Oli time!!)  (Read 4852 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA opens 10 more Caribbean bribery cases (iz Oli time!!)
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »
Time tuh whine...iz Oli time!!

FIFA opens 10 more Caribbean bribery cases

ZURICH (AP)—FIFA is investigating 10 more Caribbean football officials over their alleged roles in a bribery scandal involving former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam.

FIFA says it wants to interview the 10 men from six countries and present files to its ethics committee next month.

Former prime minister of Dominica, Patrick John, is among those under suspicion.

FIFA is also investigating Oliver Camps, general secretary of Trinidad and Tobago’s football federation and an ally of disgraced former FIFA vice president Jack Warner.

Bin Hammam is appealing his life ban for offering $40,000 cash bribes in May. Warner resigned to avoid a FIFA investigation.

FIFA committee members Colin Klass and Horace Burrell also were suspended.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:21:26 AM by Flex »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa charges 10 more Caribbean officials
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:55:29 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15459572.stm

Fifa's ethics committee has opened proceedings against 10 more Caribbean football officials, relating to the cash-for-votes scandal.

Four members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) were banned on 14 October.

The officials will have their cases heard in mid-November, world football's governing body said in a statement.

They have been charged with breaching rules on ethics in the wake of the corruption scandal that saw Mohamed bin Hammam banned for life.

In July, the ethics committee ruled that Bin Hammam had made or offered cash gifts of $40,000 (£25,000) to each of the 25 CFU chiefs at a special meeting in Trinidad on 10-11 May.

In June, Jack Warner quit as Fifa vice-president and head of the CFU after he was charged with bribery. He claimed there was a Fifa conspiracy against Caribbean football.

The CFU presidential election will be held in Jamaica next month and will see Jamaican Ralph Anthony James going up against Harold Taylor of Trinidad & Tobago.

The 10 officials named by Fifa today were: Raymond Guishard (Anguilla), Damien Hughes (Anguilla), Everton Gonsalves (Antigua and Barbuda), Derrick Gordon (Antigua and Barbuda), Lionel Haven (Bahamas, CFU), Patrick John (Dominica), Philippe White (Dominica), Vincent Cassell (Montserrat), Tandica Hughes (Montserrat), Oliver Camps (Trinidad and Tobago).
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA opens 10 more Caribbean bribery cases (iz Oli time!!)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
well it was only time before the ketch sCamps!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »
Camps is not important. He has always been a figure head president and doesn't affect anything. FIFA is not on the right page. They banned the female representative from the BVIFA for 18 months while top CFU men got a virtual slap on the wrist! What a joke! Let's see what comes of this round of charges.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »
Camps is not important. He has always been a figure head president and doesn't affect anything. FIFA is not on the right page. They banned the female representative from the BVIFA for 18 months while top CFU men got a virtual slap on the wrist! What a joke! Let's see what comes of this round of charges.[/b]

How should proportionality of sanction for malfeasance be established? Based on the degree of malfeasance?

It seems you're condemning the outcome based on a preference in outcome that did not occur. It is up to each accused individual to present a sustainable defence. If Franka Pickering failed at that then 18 months it is ... Liburd (also from the BVI) received a reprimand and a minimal fine. This suggests that his culpability did not rise to a level as egregious as Pickering's, doesn't it? If Burrell and the others presented 'more' sustainable positions or better leveraged their institutional pull or better leveraged their understanding of the sanctioning environment ... so be it ... but it does not appear that FIFA's response  has been cosmetic (and that's important!).

I don't have an issue with Pickering getting 18 months ... woman or not ... she seemed to have been quite willing to horse trade. We need to remember that the sanctions are restricted to limited conduct, not a legacy or totality of improper conduct for which many are rightly pissed off.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
Franka get 18 months because she say initially she did not know anything bout no money.

But she was front and center in de video asking for people's cash rejects and ketching kicks.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
So asylumseeker, Burrell (and others) didn't take? And Pickering wasn't the only one to deny taking. My issue is not that she was banned. It is that others were not...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15459572.stm

In June, Jack Warner quit as Fifa vice-president and head of the CFU after he was charged with bribery. He claimed there was a Fifa conspiracy against Caribbean football.

The CFU presidential election will be held in Jamaica next month and will see Jamaican Ralph Anthony James going up against Harold Taylor of Trinidad & Tobago.

Who is Harold Taylor?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
Oral Tracey says latest bribery cases by FIFA is all part of football politics to influence CFU Elections:
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/13316
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:08 AM »
So asylumseeker, Burrell (and others) didn't take? And Pickering wasn't the only one to deny taking. My issue is not that she was banned. It is that others were not...

Burrell apparently didnt take any of the money on offer (wonder why?), He got off lightly with a 3 month suspension...because he didnt "blow the whistle" on proceedings, and refused to co-operate initially with the Investigation. They just threw this suspension at him to avoid him running for CFU president...in other words, CONCACAF peeps are looking to rid the CFU of the two most influential men in caribbean football....Warner and to a lesser extent Burrell. They will somehow wine and dine the next CFU president and eventually have more control over CFU (and its 32 members or whatever the number is). With Warber and now Burrell out the way, look for them to kick CFU countries around...and look for the central american teams to also get higher status over us..it used to be the other way round
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:50:27 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
ah jess see a tweet from Lasana that Camps resign, anybody could confirm before i do meh happy dance?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
PSC responds to letter from Opposition Leader
Thursday 27th October, 2011

The Police Service Commission (PSC) wishes to inform members of the public that it met last Thursday at its offices, # 62 Queen Street, Port of Spain and discussed the letter from Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley regarding the International Federation of Football Association (FIFA) bribery allegations as it relates to persons in Trinidad and Tobago.

In keeping with its Constitutional responsibilities of monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of the discharge of the functions of the Commissioner of Police, the Commission has decided to refer the letter to the Commissioner of Police, Dr Dwayne Gibbs, to provide a response and an explanation within fourteen (14) days.

The Police Service Commission will continue to give updates on this matter.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
ah jess see a tweet from Lasana that Camps resign, anybody could confirm before i do meh happy dance?

@lasanaliburd
Lasana Liburd
TTFF president Oliver Camps allegedly resigns. Camps is one of 10 CFU officials charged by Fifa regarding bribery scandal. @ShakaHislop
(15 min ago)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »

@lasanaliburd
Lasana Liburd
TTFF president Oliver Camps allegedly resigns. Camps is one of 10 CFU officials charged by Fifa regarding bribery scandal. @ShakaHislop
(15 min ago)

terrenceKC Terrence Clarke
@
@lasanaliburd @ShakaHislop Just received an official release from the TTFF confirming Camps resignation. #Amen
(12 min ago)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 05:00:46 AM »
FIFA gone too far says Camps.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Oliver “Ollie” Camps, the embattled president of the T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) has quit his position with immediate effect after a 19-year reign.

The decision by Camps, who was returned as president of the local federation earlier this year, comes less than 24 hours after it was revealed that he was one of ten Caribbean Football Union (CFU) officials being investigated by the FIFA over their role in a meeting that eventually led to the downfall of former Asian football chief Mohammed bin Hammam.

The FIFA statement said this was done after the ethics committee opened proceedings against the CFU officials relating to the possible violations of the FIFA Code of Ethics, in the cash-for-votes scandal. Camps and the other officials were due to have their cases heard in mid-November.

However, in a release yesterday, Camps said while he was extremely satisfied and pleased to offer himself for service, the current climate created by the FIFA forced him to rethink his position and left him with no choice but to resign with immediate effect.

“I have truly enjoyed working with the football fraternity and appreciated the opportunities which have been given to me through football, but when the price one has to pay includes the sullying of one’s name and the denigrating of one’s character without a justifiable reason, then I must confess that this is not the place that I would want to be.”

The man who managed national teams to within a point of qualifying for the World Cup in 1974 in Germany and 1990 in Italy, said he has watched on as good men were demoralised and tarnished by the FIFA, which opted to apply different rules to the same situations depending on who the players were.

“For an organisation that claims to promote and practice fair play, the current situation has left me aghast because it represents a shift away from the values that the FIFA claims it espouses.

It is certainly a sad day for me and this is far from what I had expected. The changing of the guards was never meant to engender the bitterness that I feel, the pain which has replaced the pleasure of service, nor the disdain that the FIFA’s actions have created for what ought to be a beautiful game.”

Camps said he was taking the good memories of having led T&T into the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

“I will never forget the opportunities I have had as host of two FIFA World Cup Finals in 2001 and 2010.

I will always remember that under my watch, Trinidad and Tobago qualified for four World Cup finals and if success as a leader has to be measured in football, it is against this background that I will be judged.”

He said while he was leaving football disappointed, he was happy since  history would judge him as the most successful football president of Trinidad and Tobago.

“In no way am I disappointed that I was a part of the Caribbean Football Union meeting which met to determine the path to choose a leader for the FIFA.

“The current situation facing the CFU now has made it very clear to me that our choice in meeting to discuss whether President Sepp Blatter would be the preferred option was the right one.

“History will not judge me for being a part of that meeting neither will it condemn me based on association.

Rather history will applaud all the football leaders of the Caribbean and bring shame upon the powers that be, for the sad days they have occasioned upon the CFU and football in general.”

Camps thanked former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner for his support over the years. “In him I see a true leader, a true champion, a Caribbean-man, one who was prepared to do whatever was required to keep the Caribbean flag flying with dignity and pride.

To the very end, my friend and I remain committed to his inspired leadership and loyal to friendship.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
It's now obvious to me that after Jack left Camps to face all the shit he created with the missing accounts and heard that Camps was on the verge of a nervous breakdown as a result, that Jack probably felt sorry for his clueless friend and called Camps to offer him some solid advice; You better do like me and resign because if that court case doh get you hanged then the FIFA investigation will!!
That letter has Jack's finger prints all over it!!

Would like to see the rest of the current TTFF executive resign in addition and I think the players court case against the TTFF for their money as well as FIFA's investigation into the Cash-for-Votes scandal could play a vital role in helping to bring about the complete cleanout at the TTFF that we so desperately need!

Who really want to be TTFF President right now with the TTFF almost bankrupt and the court case against the TTFF demanding accounts?

Will be interesting how all this plays out!! Next man I want to see go is Watson, but the dominoes toppling!!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:18:08 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 01:25:03 AM »
The thing is, in any other organisation questions would be asked of all officers. If Warner & Camps have abused their powers, why has nobody within TTFF complained? So, wait. TTFF received over $200 million, but still had no money. Didn't Groden, Corneal or Watson ever query this? Did they not even send one email such as
"Dear Ollie. I'm a bit confused her. I see us receiving cheques from Carib, Adidas, ebay etc, but we have no money to pay staff and players. Mind you, my pay cheques are still coming through, so I guess all is well. Love you, Alvin"

The entire organisation are culpable at least by their inaction, and thats always been my concern with Look Loy. But standing against corruption is a bad career move, so its easier to look the other way.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 08:00:05 AM »
The thing is, in any other organisation questions would be asked of all officers. If Warner & Camps have abused their powers, why has nobody within TTFF complained? So, wait. TTFF received over $200 million, but still had no money. Didn't Groden, Corneal or Watson ever query this? Did they not even send one email such as
"Dear Ollie. I'm a bit confused her. I see us receiving cheques from Carib, Adidas, ebay etc, but we have no money to pay staff and players. Mind you, my pay cheques are still coming through, so I guess all is well. Love you, Alvin"

The entire organisation are culpable at least by their inaction, and thats always been my concern with Look Loy. But standing against corruption is a bad career move, so its easier to look the other way.

So Look Loy as an administrator of the technical side of things should have done what?  If he's culpable then doesn't that mean that Lincoln Phillips is culpable too?  The TTFF buck starts and stops with Warner, then Camps... then Groden. This "entire organisation are culpable" talk is ridiculous.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »

So Look Loy as an administrator of the technical side of things should have done what?  If he's culpable then doesn't that mean that Lincoln Phillips is culpable too?  The TTFF buck starts and stops with Warner, then Camps... then Groden. This "entire organisation are culpable" talk is ridiculous.

Yeah, right, and the Nazi soldiers at Auswitz were just following orders.
If you know of wrongdoing you can either look the other way or speak out. If you decide to look the other way and keep your paycheck, you have no moral right to say later "I think they were wrong and I never agreed with their actions" That said, we all have to make our own decisions relevent to our personal situations, I understand that, but you cannot at a later date untarnish yourself. Lincoln Phillips, as much as I respect him, could have spoken out long ago, but chose not to. Maybe Phillips and Look Loy could argue that they felt they could change things from the inside, but thats hard to believe when you consider the death grip held over the TTFF by Warner.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 08:50:40 AM »
If you know of wrongdoing you can either look the other way or speak out. If you decide to look the other way and keep your paycheck, you have no moral right to say later "I think they were wrong and I never agreed with their actions" That said, we all have to make our own decisions relevent to our personal situations, I understand that, but you cannot at a later date untarnish yourself. Lincoln Phillips, as much as I respect him, could have spoken out long ago, but chose not to. Maybe Phillips and Look Loy could argue that they felt they could change things from the inside, but thats hard to believe when you consider the death grip held over the TTFF by Warner.

FS, the Auschwitz analogy is a wee bit over the top. Also, to place LP in the same category as Jack's fair haired golden child, Look Loy, is a bit misguided as well.

For one, LP had gone record in the press urging the TTFF to settle with the players. Two, his TD reports frequently cited the damaging consequences both on and off the field that would result from the case if it continued to fester. Three, one reason Look Loy will have problems is enough people know that be was willingly used by Jack and Groden to undermine LP's programme. Case in point, the following link from the TTFF website in 2007 that described LP's coaching education directive with the KNVB, the very same program Look Loy and Corneal hijacked with Groden to call their own in 2010. Look Loy will understand and appreciate the axiom "Truth crushed to earth shall rise again". Take a look and you'll see:
http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=1

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »

Try yuh best and pay attention...  I asked you what was Look Loy supposed to do.  No one said anything about he was "just following orders".  If in your organization, you have issues with how your owner and CEO is conducting the affairs of the team would you try and handle it internally or would you "speak out" and voice your displeasure to the media? 

You say that Look Loy cannot later "untarnish" himself... how is he tarnished in the first place?  Or is it guilt by association?

Whether you find their efforts "hard to believe" or not, their focus was the technical development of local players/football.  They had a choice to make, break with the administration and remove themselves from the mix, but at the cost of seeing the development aspect continue to be hindered.  Little as those of us with the luxury of commenting on the outside might appreciate their contributions it's a personal decision that the two of them made to stick it out until the situation became untenable.  It is a rather naive and convenient position, not knowing the full facts, to then state after the fact "yeah, well they both should have resigned sooner".

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
Camps said he was taking the good memories of having led T&T into the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

“I will never forget the opportunities I have had as host of two FIFA World Cup Finals in 2001 and 2010.

I will always remember that under my watch, Trinidad and Tobago qualified for four World Cup finals and if success as a leader has to be measured in football, it is against this background that I will be judged.”

he led TT!!!! Or he followed Jack? give we a break nah man

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »

he led TT!!!! Or he followed Jack? give we a break nah man

I've already pointed out that that resignation letter by Camps has Jack's finger prints all over it!!
Camps is a total puppet of Jack even in his resignation!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »

Burrell apparently didnt take any of the money on offer (wonder why?), He got off lightly with a 3 month suspension...because he didnt "blow the whistle" on proceedings, and refused to co-operate initially with the Investigation. They just threw this suspension at him to avoid him running for CFU president...in other words, CONCACAF peeps are looking to rid the CFU of the two most influential men in caribbean football....Warner and to a lesser extent Burrell. They will somehow wine and dine the next CFU president and eventually have more control over CFU (and its 32 members or whatever the number is). With Warber and now Burrell out the way, look for them to kick CFU countries around...and look for the central american teams to also get higher status over us..it used to be the other way round

This is a polarity and tension that is often overstated. Central Americans may display more passion and exuberance about their football, but they are not immune to much of the same patronage, buffoonery and poor administration that corrodes our game locally. It is their tradition - matched by our indifference - that provides/provided the distinction and impetus, rather than a conspiratorial ganging up against the minnows and upstarts from the Caribbean Basin.

Ironically, we (the Caribbean islands) come from places where the education levels are largely higher across the board (and where civil society is better instituted) than is the case across Central America ... yet we have allowed the representation of our administrators to leverage the overstated polarity and tension into co-opting our collective ownership of the game. For years we had no serious inclination towards a professionalized sporting administration. Now that the goodies that can be had from the game are on display for all to see, everyone wants in. Believe me when I tell you that there will be no battle of fiefdoms as obtained in the past, such that Central American fruits of the FIFA tree will exceed Caribbean fruits based on some retributive realignment of a balance of power. If we adopt a professional approach to engaging the game administratively, the respect will occur even if grudgingly.

The most dangerous tension in the Caribbean game is the battle between grassroots dons and their almost sworn foes ... progressive thinkers.

+++

I'm not in a position to comment authoritatively on the quality of alleged improper acts by Burrell. My point is that in the present environment of seeking out malfeasance and addressing it, is it a seeming slap on the wrist that has fallen short of a just outcome or is it a judicious sanction proportional to the credible evidence available?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:42:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa bans six Caribbean officials involved in Bin Hammam bribery scandal
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15796255.stm

Six officials, all from the Caribbean, have been banned by Fifa for their roles in a bribery scandal.

The punishments are the fall-out from the case that saw ex-Fifa presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam banned for life for attempted bribery.

The suspensions, of between two years and seven days, have been imposed for breaching ethics rules.

Patrick John, Vincent Cassell, Raymond Guishard, Noel Adonis, Tandica Hughes and Everton Gonsalves have been banned.

THE BANNED OFFICIALS
Continue reading the main story• Patrick John (Dominica) - Two years, £2,100
• Vincent Cassell (Montserrat) - 60 days, £210
• Raymond Guishard (Anguilla) - 45 days, £210
• Noel Adonis (Guyana) - 30 days, £210
• Tandica Hughes (Montserrat) - 15 days
• Everton Gonsalves (Antigua and Barbuda) - 7 days, £210

Derrick Gordon (Antigua and Barbuda) received a reprimand and a fine of £210.

Bin Hammam had been banned for life for offering or making cash gifts to officials from the 25 Caribbean Football Union associations at a special meeting in Trinidad on 10 May.

A Fifa statement added: "The cases of Oliver Camps (Trinidad and Tobago), Lionel Haven (Bahamas, CFU) and Patrick Mathurin (St Lucia) were closed since they are no longer football officials.

"Should they return to football official positions, their cases would be examined again by the ethics committee.

"Philippe White (Dominica) and Damien Hughes (Anguilla) were considered not to have committed any violation."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:10:53 PM by TdotTrini »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa bans six Caribbean officials involved in Bin Hammam bribery scandal
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »
This story cyah end.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
Dominica Football Association president banned
Caribbean360.com

ROSEAU, Dominica, Monday, July 2, 2012 - After serving for more than 16 years as president of the Dominica Football Association (DFA), Patrick John has been banned from football administration for the remainder of his term, which was due to expire in 2015.

According to Dominica media reports, this sentence was handed down against the former prime minister early on Saturday (June 30) when the association of football clubs voted to place a total ban on its president. The vote was reportedly carried 24 to 7 at Football House in Bath Estate.

The ban comes after the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the world governing body for football, placed a two year ban on John from all football activity and fined him 3000 Swiss francs in November 2011. At the time, FIFA said that John was among 11 Caribbean football leaders sanctioned for their parts in an alleged bribery plot involving former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam and former Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) president and sitting minister Jack Warner of Trinidad and Tobago.

According to FIFA, the Caribbean officials were allegedly offered or received US$40,000 cash payments during bin Hammam's campaign visit to Trinidad in May 2011 to support the candidate against Sepp Blatter in the run for FIFA President.

John has had a chequered history in Dominican football. After serving as DFA president from 1992 to 2006 he was ousted. In 2007, he was named to the Caribbean Football Conference (CONCAF) Hall of Fame. In 2008, he was returned to the helm of the DFA by a vote of 23 to 8.

At the time of his election in 2008 John promised that he would serve for only two years and then step aside, but that never happened.

Since Saturday’s vote, John has reportedly not spoken to the press nor issued any statement on the matter.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
what else is new to report
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>