March 28, 2024, 12:41:11 PM

Author Topic: Hector strikes twice against Caledonia  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hector strikes twice against Caledonia
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:53:31 AM »
Hector strikes twice against Caledonia
ttproleague.com

W Connection attacking midfielder Hughton Hector bagged a double on Tuesday night against Caledonia AIA of Morvant/Laventille for a 2-0 Digicel Pro League Championship Round One Match Day Four win at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

And it’s not the first time this season that the overlooked Trinidad and Tobago international netted twice against the recently crowned First Citizens Cup Champions.

Hector sent a warning to goalkeeper Kevin Graham ten minutes into the match intercepted a Caledonia pass some 30 yards out and tested the Jamaican goalkeeper with a low shot forcing a fine fingertip save.

Graham was at work again in the 23rd minute making easy against a shot from the left by wingback Kemuel Rivers.

However Graham was beaten by a superb Hector chip in the 28th minute for a 1-0 Connection advantage after Hashim Arcia provided an excellent forward pass which left the Caledonia backline beaten and freed the goalscorer one on one with the goalie.

And three minutes after the break Hector made it 2-0 beating Graham from close up, and had striker Jerrel Britto to thank dearly.

The 19 yearold Britto showed a lot of maturity holding up play under challenge by two defenders before weaving a bit to play into Hector who made no mistake.

Hector also scored on either side of the half against Caledonia back in the quarterfinal round group stage of the First Citizens Cup for a 4-2 victory. Shahdon Winchester and Britto were the other scorers while Jamal Gay and Trevin Caesar netted for Caledonia.

Winchester, Gay and Caesar are just three of a combined ten U23 players of both clubs that missed Tuesday’s match before of international duty with the T&T Olympic squad in Mexico for the Pan American Games.

On Tuesday night wingback Kareem Joseph who netted both goals in his team’s 2-1 win over T&TEC FC in the Final of the First Citizens Cup two weeks ago (Friday 14 October), had the best real effort against Connection smashing an effort across the face of goal in the 36th minute after making one of his signature runs on the right side.

Caledonia will tackle St. Ann’s Rangers from 5pm on Friday in the first match of a Round One Match Day Five double header at the Larry Gomes Stadium. San Juan Jabloteh will host T&TEC from 7pm in the second clash. And from 6pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium, W Connection will welcome North East Stars.

Caledonia AIA 0—2 W Connection
; Hughton Hector 28’, 48’

Caledonia AIA Match Statistics    W Connection
0    Goals    2
1    Attempts on Target    4
5    Attempts Wide   1
2    Offsides   1
5    Corners   3
7    Fouls     6
1    Yellow Cards    0
0    Red Cards    0

Teams

Caledonia AIA
—Kevin Graham, Stephan David (capt.), Nuru Abdullah Muhammad, Colin Nelson (Burton Sheldon Emmanuel 86th), Keyon Edwards, Abdallah Phillips (Keda Roderick 58th), Kareem Joseph (Yellow 85), Trayon Bobb, Akim Armstrong, Kevon Woodley (Mekesi Lewis 58th), Kemron Purcell.

W Connection—Jan Michael Williams, Hughtun Hector (capt.), Akeem Benjamin, Elijah Joseph, Keron Cummings (Jamal John 89th), Kemuel Rivers, Kern Cupid, Hashim Arcia, Andre Quashie (Rennie Britto 67th), Jomal Williams (Kenaz Williams 75th), Jerrel Britto.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:13:32 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Hector strikes twice against Caledonia
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »
overlooked dat man ent no overlooked, I agree he should be an automatic start but overlooked come on.........I'll give that it was weird that he didn' get selected for d first two Qualies, but I feel it had more to dat dan ah simple overlook
I pity the fool....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:46 AM »
GENIUS... I feel sorry for the people away that not getting to see this player.. too bad he is a late bloomer like Arshavin but total quality

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »
overlooked dat man ent no overlooked, I agree he should be an automatic start but overlooked come on.........I'll give that it was weird that he didn' get selected for d first two Qualies, but I feel it had more to dat dan ah simple overlook

I agree. Article misleading with that statement
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
GENIUS... I feel sorry for the people away that not getting to see this player.. too bad he is a late bloomer like Arshavin but total quality

Arshavin as late bloomer?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »
Arshavin came to EPL as a 27/28 year old.. the year before was his big year with Zenit in the Europa Cup and Euro 2008

Hector is 27 and even though he has been around he is now starting to put his technical gift and his experience together to become a complete player

If he has a good agent he should be getting prem contracts, even La Liga and Serie A .. his technical ability is the best I've seen since Latapy and Yorke

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
The man in his Prime. Maybe he does not perform well in practice, who knows?
 Different strokes for different folks. I heard OTTO say that Densil Theobald is the best midfielder in T&T.
 If a poll is taken from this forum , most of us would disagree , yet he played in all the World Cup Finals in Germany and as a starter as well.  As the Special one once said it is who can play the system that the coach wants and not necessarily the best player. Then again some players have a chemistry with a particular player and others cannot adjust. I guess that is why we have a coach?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
Allyuh incredible yes,  Otto cant even speak proper English when stringing sentences.. He meant it as He is one of the best mids he has not as he IS the best mid

of that entire passionate rant the only thing majority of the people on here catch is a misinterpreted sentence about Theobald

I surprised nobody mention the fact he said " He(Roberts) break his leg! (pointing at elbow) "

It is the same point I making

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »
but d man say "ONE OF" bad english or not, dat was clear....is people on here exaggerating dat ..............and on his day.......few though they maybe :P  >:(,............. densil does earn his "one of"................. but d "few" part is d problem........inconsistent  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:40:45 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
27 is de new 21 when Hector is on de field!  Do yuh ting my #10!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »

:beermug:  BIG PLAYER

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »

:beermug:  BIG PLAYER

ditto
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37:55 PM »
I've seen him both here and in T&T. first time i saw him was the first leg game against the red bulls, in T&T and i thought wow, what ah player, then when i saw him in person @ the medowlands i was in awe!

i believe i was the first man on here tuh big up hector, and when latas excluded him from his team until the last game of the hex vs mexico where he came on and put in that great cross for kerry baptiste 2nd goal, i thought this yute was the new carlos edwards (as in right winger) and latas can't even see that.

BTW small mag, as yuh said ,"if he had ah good agent he'd be in the prem , la liga, or seria A", and i believe that is what otto was saying in his rants, these agents don't have no fackin clout, that's why the boys only getting sh!t contracts, we need better agents in T&T.

all in all, houton hector is top shelf, and he is ah late bloomer, just like scotty.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
and he last name better than his play
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
i believe i was the first man on here tuh big up hector, and when latas excluded him from his team until the last game of the hex vs mexico where he came on and put in that great cross for kerry baptiste 2nd goal, i thought this yute was the new carlos edwards (as in right winger) and latas can't even see that.

Eh-heh...and when was this?  :whistling:  :)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0t5SjN-jQo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T0t5SjN-jQo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0t5SjN-jQo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T0t5SjN-jQo</a>
That vid is a perfect showcase.. every single thing the man did was gold..
the through ball for the "offside" goal(00:17)
great delivery from corner (00:35)
pinpoint delivery from right wing(00:45)
outrageous goal (1:03)
through ball and follow up run to then score from (2:28-2:40)

GENIUS

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »

When ah said first, what i meant tuh say was before anyone knew who he was i was talking bout him and bigging him up on the forum, and was included him in my team selections, especially amongst the foreign based. same way when nuff men was ignoring darryl and i was one amongst the very few who gave him any recognition.  that's all, i ain't seeking no glory bro.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
To be honest we all been hearing about Hector a very long time. Since his yute days. He was always almost to be on the NT. The coached always picked someone "nearly better" than him. Together with all the bachanall with TTFF, he always got overlooked. So now a 27 he is revisited and we all "find this diamond in the rough". A next one is Britto. He probably 4/5 younger than Hector. Same thing happening with him.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »

I don't know who's the first, but I eh go lie. I give TI the crown based on my memory. Wayyyyy back in the day he had said that Hardest (YUP!) was grooming a youth name Hughton Hector. And I think Hector was school boy age at the time. It sound jokey but I dead serious. ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »
I eh no johnnny come lately on this HH scene. He has been under and over the radio from since yute days. All ah knew about the guy.

1]; } ?>