April 20, 2024, 03:47:09 AM

Author Topic: Who was better? Kevin Moze or Sean De Silva?  (Read 8967 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Who was better? Kevin Moze or Sean De Silva?
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
CIC men rope een please.

"Hoddle" had touch fuh days. Never realized his potential IMO, but for me was the better baller.

De Silva eh no slouch needah, but I like Hoddle better.

A nex top player in dem times was Mark Jeremie. Ah hear Harry say he was the best talent that pass thru Fatima after Lara. And if Harry say so, yuh have to respeck dat.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was better? Kevin Moze or Sean De Silva?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:57:01 PM »
Kevin was easily one of the best I see pass through College's league.  Back then football as a way of life after school wasn't as realizable as it is today...

I too old tuh comment on De Silva - wasn't around the college's league circuit tuh see him rip, but if he better than K. Moze, den he hadda be real f-ing good.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:19:42 AM »
I'd say moze.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »
Kevin Moze was one of the best players i have ever seen playing for CIC.

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »
Kevin Moze any day.......all d Moze brothers was talented. Like Sonia get beat out from a Mikasa.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 07:58:56 AM »
De Silva cyar come round Moze no whey no how...Devonish better De Silva.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 08:06:14 AM »
where Moze end up playing?  he ever play for Trinidad?

Sean has.. as well as an U17 and U20 world cup

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »

Like Kicker said, in our day, you had to be one of the best on the planet to make football your livelihood; particularly if you had other lucrative options.  I have never seen Sean play, so he may very well be better than Kevin, but Kevin was no joke
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »

Small stop being bias and go ask yuh father!!
Moze was better .. Da Silva is a good player but he wasn't making any of them youth teams we had with Nixon and them boy .. fact!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
Moze for sure.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
Two different eras so difficult to compare.  Moze was just edged out of a spot from the 1991 under 20 world cup squad (he was one of last 3 or 4 men to get cut).  Also there was the rumor of St Clair having issues with him, Sherwood and others (accusing them of having a "whiteboy" clique on one of the tours  although sherwood and keeper gavin moze made de final squad ahead of tobagonian keeper Larry Parks).

Back to the question, I think he is much better than DeSilva but Sean will achieve a lot more than him because more opportunities are available these days.

There are a lot of other guys in that era such as Ivan Sampson, Darrel Edwards, Sean DeSouza, the Bennett brothers, etc who I think are better than guys who getting trials and contracts now but back in those days nobody was studying Trinidad until Yorke, Latas and Leonson put Trinidad on the map.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »
Two different eras so difficult to compare.  Moze was just edged out of a spot from the 1991 under 20 world cup squad (he was one of last 3 or 4 men to get cut).  Also there was the rumor of St Clair having issues with him, Sherwood and others (accusing them of having a "whiteboy" clique on one of the tours  although sherwood and keeper gavin moze made de final squad ahead of tobagonian keeper Larry Parks).

Back to the question, I think he is much better than DeSilva but Sean will achieve a lot more than him because more opportunities are available these days.

There are a lot of other guys in that era such as Ivan Sampson, Darrel Edwards, Sean DeSouza, the Bennett brothers, etc who I think are better than guys who getting trials and contracts now but back in those days nobody was studying Trinidad until Yorke, Latas and Leonson put Trinidad on the map.

therein lies the main point
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 03:28:39 PM »
hands down Moze.

De Silva good and solid, I was impressed with him until the last WC in Egypt where he looked very poor and outmatched.

If Moze was around in these days, he would have been heralded as the next big thing. As men say, back in them days was much harder to make it beyond school - opportunity plus in them days the ballers imho was better individually.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »

5 big guns yuh call there  .... laddie n darrel should have achieved so much more

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »
Moze had a choice to make..school or trial with Leeds United.

This was when Leeds was a BIG SIDE...

He chose school.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »
steups no comparison....De Silva cant even lace Moze booths.....

Wha ever happen tuh Garvin Pouchade?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »
hold on... i recall that Kevin Moze "DID" go to the World Cup in Portugal...
I lime with him last year sometime..and had a chat with him on that whole era... funny thing is..he cant remember much.. i had to correct him on details of games and opponents etc... sweat with him too... he plays with a ventolin inhaler in his hand...

i rated him as a player...good technique and passing range...
one thing.. i thought he would go a bit "soft" when the battle heats up...

DeSilva...i know the kid as a 4 yr old..and watch him grow up as a person and player... think he have more fight in his game than Moze...

but strange you all mentioning modern day opportunities etc.... because Sean at the stage right now where Moze was when he "left" the game... so thats left to be seen...
having said that ..Sean has qualified for 2 world cups...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »

Gavin went, NOT Kevin.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 06:50:54 AM »

Gavin went, NOT Kevin.

Tallman if yuh could be so kind as to post that squad because I thought that Kevin went too.

That squad have some big names too

Ince, Boney, Nixon, Yorke, Sherwood, Eve, Theodore...
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

Gavin went, NOT Kevin.

Tallman if yuh could be so kind as to post that squad because I thought that Kevin went too.

That squad have some big names too

Ince, Boney, Nixon, Yorke, Sherwood, Eve, Theodore...

Michael McComie
Clayton Ince
Gavin Moze
Shawn Boney
Hayden James
Nigel Davidson
Kirk Trotman
Richard Theodore
Dale Boucher
Dean Pacheco
Granville Millington
Kerwin Emmanuel
Anthony Sherwood
Roger Henry
Jerren Nixon
Dwight Yorke
Glen Benjamin
Angus Eve
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »
two different eras i was too young to know Moze but i know Sean and like somebody said he does have fight to his game. truthfully ive seen alot of some of the most talented whiteboys come through CIC and fail to live up to potential so for Sean to still be going thats good. Maybe Moze really didnt have the opportunities but Sean really did go to Youth World Cups and recieve call ups to the Senior team so maybe in the "where you went in football" column Sean has the edge and in football what you able to achieve is the ULTIMATE judge.

Sidenote...personally however i believe that Justin Fojo has never really gotten a decent look from trinidad apart from that one call up. IMO he better than Sean and while he isnt making the impact that Molino making at Orlando City he still helped them to that title. Not to mention he was a standout performer at College of Charleston taking them to a NCAA tournament run for the first time. (sean's current school).

another youth who just fell by the wayside in football was Eamon Anderson....i believe another product of the LaFoucade school. At under 14 he was Death. heard he was in commercial juggling ball in hula hoop and even get a trial to liverpool youth academy , then he broke his leg and like blackman that was it for him in football.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:25:47 AM by doublet750 »

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
Palos, unless there was another Mark Jeremie....he is older than Lara and played for Fatima in the early 80's and then went on to play for Howard University. Very skilful player with good vision, and above where Kevin or de silva should be rated. Moze probably was a bit better technically than Desilva, but they both lack athletic ability to dominate the higher levels of the game. DeSilva does seem to take the game more seriously than Moze though. Tallman is right, Garvin was one of the backup keepers and Kevin was a lil too young to make de squad at the time.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:16:30 PM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
steups no comparison....De Silva cant even lace Moze booths.....

Wha ever happen tuh Garvin Pouchade?

Saw him in TT a few years ago around Carnival time, wasn't de, "hey so how is life, leh we ketch up moment" so not sure, had talent in cricket too.  Honestly, unless yuh was a Lara, Yorke, Latas, most men comin thru secondary school dem days did overs playin sport as a form of livelihood for reasons we outlined above.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »
Palos, unless there was another Mark Jeremie....he is older than Lara and played for Fatima in the early 80's and then went on to play for Howard University. Very skilful player with good vision, and above where Kevin or de silva should be rated. Moze probably was a bit better technically than Desilva, but they both lack athletic ability to dominate the higher levels of the game. DeSilva does seem to take the game more seriously than Moze though. Tallman is right, Garvin was one of the backup keepers and Kevin was a lil too young to make de squad at the time.

No.....I mean what I was told is that Harry say in all de students he ever coach in any sport, Jeremie was the 2nd most talented player to attend Fatima.  Brian Lara was the most talented he ever coached, and also the most determined to succeed.  Simply put, Lara had de most what we Trinis call "bad mind"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:47:15 PM by palos »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »
If Gavin Moze was a backup keeper, who was de redheaded Moze brother dat used to play midfield?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
If Gavin Moze was a backup keeper, who was de redheaded Moze brother dat used to play midfield?

Brendan...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
two different eras i was too young to know Moze but i know Sean and like somebody said he does have fight to his game. truthfully ive seen alot of some of the most talented whiteboys come through CIC and fail to live up to potential so for Sean to still be going thats good. Maybe Moze really didnt have the opportunities but Sean really did go to Youth World Cups and recieve call ups to the Senior team so maybe in the "where you went in football" column Sean has the edge and in football what you able to achieve is the ULTIMATE judge.

Sidenote...personally however i believe that Justin Fojo has never really gotten a decent look from trinidad apart from that one call up. IMO he better than Sean and while he isnt making the impact that Molino making at Orlando City he still helped them to that title. Not to mention he was a standout performer at College of Charleston taking them to a NCAA tournament run for the first time. (sean's current school).

another youth who just fell by the wayside in football was Eamon Anderson....i believe another product of the LaFoucade school. At under 14 he was Death. heard he was in commercial juggling ball in hula hoop and even get a trial to liverpool youth academy , then he broke his leg and like blackman that was it for him in football.

dat season de silva led the team (same team with fojo) with assists , goals and game winners and made the all conference 1st team, all region 1st team and get mvp of the team for the season.
taken from the college of charleston site- 2010: Southern Conference first-team all-conference selection... named the Southern Conference Player of the Week on September 21... played and started in all 19 games...held the season highs in goals with seven and assists with nine... tallied 23 points and 71 shots for the season... scored two goals against Lehigh and had four game-winning goals on the season.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »

Brendan...

Nah it was Daragh who was the red head...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 09:45:54 PM »

No.....I mean what I was told is that Harry say in all de students he ever coach in any sport, Jeremie was the 2nd most talented player to attend Fatima.  Brian Lara was the most talented he ever coached, and also the most determined to succeed.  Simply put, Lara had de most what we Trinis call "bad mind"
If Ramdass say that is the second best player he ever coach then there is no arguing that is his opinion....Jeremie was a strong midfielder but his surrounding cast was just as good.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

kevin was the same age as those fellahs (emmanuel, millington, etc.)

1]; } ?>