April 27, 2024, 03:42:44 AM

Author Topic: Who was better? Kevin Moze or Sean De Silva?  (Read 9008 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was better? Kevin Moze or Sean De Silva?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »
Throw in crazy man Zane O'brien what skills and composure could make any team anywhere but ah serious head case played with him in a small league in miami some years back that youth tun up them spanish all kinda how...

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
De Silva cyar come round Moze no whey no how...Devonish better De Silva.

Are you insane ? How is devonish better ......I wish Sean would have played against the forum in the fete match .....u wud have seen how good he is
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM by saint27 »

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
Throw in crazy man Zane O'brien what skills and composure could make any team anywhere but ah serious head case played with him in a small league in miami some years back that youth tun up them spanish all kinda how...
REL good player just to indiscipline .........so technically ahead a lot of players and knows the game better than most he played with

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
two different eras i was too young to know Moze but i know Sean and like somebody said he does have fight to his game. truthfully ive seen alot of some of the most talented whiteboys come through CIC and fail to live up to potential so for Sean to still be going thats good. Maybe Moze really didnt have the opportunities but Sean really did go to Youth World Cups and recieve call ups to the Senior team so maybe in the "where you went in football" column Sean has the edge and in football what you able to achieve is the ULTIMATE judge.

Sidenote...personally however i believe that Justin Fojo has never really gotten a decent look from trinidad apart from that one call up. IMO he better than Sean and while he isnt making the impact that Molino making at Orlando City he still helped them to that title. Not to mention he was a standout performer at College of Charleston taking them to a NCAA tournament run for the first time. (sean's current school).

another youth who just fell by the wayside in football was Eamon Anderson....i believe another product of the LaFoucade school. At under 14 he was Death. heard he was in commercial juggling ball in hula hoop and even get a trial to liverpool youth academy , then he broke his leg and like blackman that was it for him in football.

dat season de silva led the team (same team with fojo) with assists , goals and game winners and made the all conference 1st team, all region 1st team and get mvp of the team for the season.
taken from the college of charleston site- 2010: Southern Conference first-team all-conference selection... named the Southern Conference Player of the Week on September 21... played and started in all 19 games...held the season highs in goals with seven and assists with nine... tallied 23 points and 71 shots for the season... scored two goals against Lehigh and had four game-winning goals on the season.

all that is noted ...never discredited sean for his performance last year but like i said "personally IMO Fojo is better to me than sean"

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
Two different players tho ......Sean is an attacking player who likes to always have the ball where as fojo become more of an enforcer deep lying in the midfield...... DeSilva still has another year in school I'm sure he will end up in USL or better

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 10:15:12 AM »
Kevin Moze could have made it as a professional if he wanted to. In fact all of the Moze brothers had the potential to become professional footballers if they wanted to. Kevin Moze is now  a doctor living in the UK.
He said his first love was to study medicine and become a doctor.

Kevin Moze has attended the Warrior nation sweat as well on a few occasions. I don't think he even take a sweat with any side. Some people does fall out of love for the game. His family are passionate books people. They put books in front of sports and the children did the same thing.

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Charlotte, NC based posters can see Sean's team's final regular season game TONIGHT at 7 ... at Davidson College. Please provide a report if yuh make the game.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »

dat season de silva led the team (same team with fojo) with assists , goals and game winners and made the all conference 1st team, all region 1st team and get mvp of the team for the season.
taken from the college of charleston site- 2010: Southern Conference first-team all-conference selection... named the Southern Conference Player of the Week on September 21... played and started in all 19 games...held the season highs in goals with seven and assists with nine... tallied 23 points and 71 shots for the season... scored two goals against Lehigh and had four game-winning goals on the season.

well, that conversation ended quickly  :devil: 

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
A man tell me stop being Bias when judging

1st of all I never judged as I never saw Moze play.. I grew up with Sean and watched him play many many games for our clubs, CIC and then Trinidad ... All I asked was has Kevin Moze done what Sean De Silva has done progressively and consistently?

From what I've read is no.. Sean maybe as some of you say wasnt in his class as a footballer but what I have seen from Sean despite his lack of size growing up is the determination to push on despite the height and lack of a frame growing up, being the white boy throughout his youth career and turning his mind away from that hole that probably Devonish Fojo and Moze self couldnt handle... a football is black and white and a field is green, that is the only colour that matters and he probably didnt fear the I am the white boy tag and with his clear as day determination and improving footballing ability he is currently the captain of his US college and scoring goals and assisting and improving all with a CV that boasts 2 youth world cups which he was instrumental in Qualifying especially the U20 and now came off the man of the series 1st round Olympic qualifiers where he was highly rated by Eve, also capped by TnT national senior team already... so he is on the right path and his heights and muscle has drastically improved and his technique is getting better...

Once he keeps his head on which I'm sure he will, the next thread in about 15 years would be some Sean De Silva vs the new white boy of SSFL debate  ::)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:26:40 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
A man tell me stop being Bias when judging

1st of all I never judged as I never saw Moze play.. I grew up with Sean and watched him play many many games for our clubs, CIC and then Trinidad ... All I asked was has Kevin Moze done what Sean De Silva has done progressively and consistently?

From what I've read is no.. Sean maybe as some of you say wasnt in his class as a footballer but what I have seen from Sean despite his lack of size growing up is the determination to push on despite the height and lack of a frame growing up, being the white boy throughout his youth career and turning his mind away from that hole that probably Devonish Fojo and Moze self couldnt handle... a football is black and white and a field is green, that is the only colour that matters and he probably didnt fear the I am the white boy tag and with his clear as day determination and improving footballing ability he is currently the captain of his US college and scoring goals and assisting and improving all with a CV that boasts 2 youth world cups which he was instrumental in Qualifying especially the U20 and now came off the man of the series 1st round Olympic qualifiers where he was highly rated by Eve, also capped by TnT national senior team already... so he is on the right path and his heights and muscle has drastically improved and his technique is getting better...

Once he keeps his head on which I'm sure he will, the next thread in about 15 years would be some Sean De Silva vs the new white boy of SSFL debate  ::)

If DeSilva had a lil more pace...or if he learns to adapt his game so that his lack of pace doesn't hurt him too much, he will be a proper footballer.  I say adapt his game because not every top flight baller is pacy - Deco and Dunga are two of the slowest players I can think of off the bat, and both of them at the height of their careers were proper talismanic figures... With enough smarts you can read the game well enough and pick your spots well enough to not have your lack of pace exploited....Sean has good technique and he knows his way around the field.  Would be nice to see him become a full senior int'l because he seems very dedicated to it. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:22:13 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
If Kevin Moze chose to make a career in football, he would have gone far.  Men saying he did not play many games for T&T.  Kevin is a Dentist and a very good one.  He wrote a paper on something in Dentistry that created a buzz worldwide.  Kevin was also an excellent cricketer who scored centuries for CIC.  Kevin was fearless.  He just would not back down from a challenge and he was so from a young age.  I had the privilege of growing up with the Mozes in St, Ann's and seeing all five of them grow up really nicely.  Big men used to be trying to rest tackle on Kevin and is only tire tracks and wrong address getting dish out.  Ah knew ah was watching something special.  I also knew and saw Ian Bishop blossom at dat time too but dat is ah next post.  Kevin Moze chose de path of school and an honourable profession. One can only help but think, what if because he was certainly de most talented of de St. Ann's Fab 5?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:57 AM »
I remember going an U-20 WC qualifying game sometime in the mid 90's and we were playing Cuba, winner qualifies directly....One of the Moze brothers get send off for retaliating against a cuban for a hard tackle by hitting the man a burners.
Not sure which one it was, but that pretty much sealed our fate, as he was the heart of the T&T team...

Tallman?

1]; } ?>