Gally Cummings
5 (14.7%)
Benhakker
22 (64.7%)
Tie
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 26, 2005, 11:32:46 AM

Author Topic: Benhakker vs. Cummings  (Read 4662 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Benhakker vs. Cummings
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2005, 01:30:57 PM »
I backing Gally all the way because he himself made a valid point... In 1989, we had regular goals from Faustin, Hutson Charles, Marlon Morris, Philbert Jones, Kerry Jamerson...not to mention Latas, Yorke and Leonson...and even Alibey was a threat because u had to be to get all them scoring chances in order to throw them away ! On this team, Beenie come out and say that our attacking threats are Carlos, Yorke and Stern John(i guess he will add latas to that now). And because of Yorke and Edwards missing..the team didn't have that attacking impetus for the Gold Cup. It shows that the coach looking more to individual talent for goals rather than through his instructions. Gally had a team that can win. Beenie have us more organised, but still more dependent on individual brilliance than Gally was.
And Gally team had no noticeable weak link...I say that speaks more for a coach when the team so, although people will argue we don;t have the same talent anymore. But I highly doubt that men like Whitley, Atiba Charles, Anton Pierre and the playing in the PFL are any less talented than Dexter Lee...

U serious? u actually think that gally cummings is a better coach that beenhakker? nah man spidey, all i hearing is emotion.

U really post up that statement?

so u saying that right now, it have ah man in trinidad who could do a better job that what beenie is doing?

I want u to get hold of some footage of some strike squad games and tell me if u would really post the same thing!!

Balanced scoring? lol

What u talking about regular goals? how much goals we score in the 1989 campaign? Tell me which games latas, or yorke score in? (beside de shell cup final against grenada, de free kick)

What has gally done after that? a true test of his calibre would be to go on to do something else with some other team!! where has he done that? 

when we say gally, all we remember is 1989!!

when we say beenie, we remember holland, real madrid, soca warriors, etc.

It is very foolish for any one to compare beenhakker, to gally. 

forget de patriotism, facts are facts!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »
emotion all emotion talking.
tell them it was me

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2005, 06:47:54 PM »
Horse I love Gally, but come on.
Beenie coahc Real Madrid.
That should be enough to end all the debates.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2005, 12:14:47 AM »
I tried to start a thread that compared the '89 team to the present team, the reason for this , was to allow people to think a bit about the differences between the two and come to the realisation that we now have a team that we can be confident in because of the stlye of play, their professionalism, heart and yes coach.
I did ask for people to think of the difference between Gally and Beenhaker.
Now this.
Listen, does anybody here remember how Gally got the job ?
Well I remember, every game that T&T played before he was made coach he would criticise the team during commentary, now at that time the flaws in the team were quite obviuos (I think the coach then was Edgar Viadle I could be wrong). Anyhow Jack as he is wont to do, appointed Gally national coach, Gally at this time was working in the Ministry of Sport and I am sure there was some pressure from the government at the time.
Gally had at his disposure a welath of talent at home to choose from, which he did.
Now the preliminaries of the WC saw T&T drawing 0-0 with Honduras at home and 1-1 away, I think a Dexter Skeene semi -cross that Hudson Charles bundled in  in the dying stages of that match.
After that Gally actually had two teams, one for Shell caribbean cup qualifying and one for WC .
A brlliant stroke.
Also Ido not know how much of you guys know Gally personaly , but Gally is one of the most likeable people you could meet, you sit and lime with Gally and you would be rolling in laughter from start to finish. So what this meant was that he was able to develop a camaraderie between the players that was exceptional.
Unfortunately in my opinion Gally's technical ability left a lot to be disired and in all fairness to him I think it was because his development as a coach was not where it should have been for the job.
So Gally got us to within a point of qualifying, but every game was tight, in fact if some decisions went in our favour we would probably have qualified (Hudson Charles blown for handball after a wicked bullet strung up the Gua keeper, even showing the ref the mark on his jersey where trapped the ball with his chest!)
But what really mattered was Nov 19th, I am not going to go through all that again, just suffice to say bad decision followed bad decision.

Beenhaker has the experience, the credentials and for now does not appear to allow emotion to affect his decisions and this is why my confidence at this stage is so high, to say that he is a better coach than Gally or vice versa would be demeaning the work both men have put in to this great nation of ours.

So end it now and be confident , because..........................................

Bahrain is shitside that get here thru the backdoor because of a fifa f**kup
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2005, 06:02:58 AM »
Nah Andre, leh me clarify my statements...Beenhaaker is a better coach, the resume and history speaks for itself.
But...I was trying to make the comparison based on what both have accomplished with the national team. At this point, prior to the Bahrain game, I think Gally did a better job with the national team he had as compared to what Beenie has done. Granted, Gally had more time together with the team and they were all locally grown so he had an advantage. I just think we rating Beenie as a miracle worker when honestly, if Trinidad was playing like how we played in past years, prior to Fevrier, Naijaar, Bertille etc. and if Stern John was his old self from day one of the campaign...we would be where we are now, at least, whetehr Beenie was there or not.
Doh get me wrong...I would never rate a local coach as better than a man like Beenhaaker (whenever i see how good fenwick is compared to the rest of the PFL and then realise how shitty he is in England i's remember how backward we are still)..but I just not ready to make Beenie out to be the best thing we ever had, just yet. After we qualify, we will give Jack his jacket...but until then...Gally nearly get us a second place in the hex, Beenie struggle to 4th.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>